VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
He's not left the line of succession, even if he's taken a step away from Royal duties to remove him would require an Act of Parliament.
Didn't he cause them a lot of headaches already and besmirched their name enough? Isn't it time to cut him loose?

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Bye the bye, how's the update coming along?
Well it's hard to put a number in terms of percentage but I did finally today figure out a bug that has been hounding me for a while. When dating Evaline, and you go to the party and have the fight with des, the diologe was not carrying over in later parts as to the fallout. Everyone was acting like it didn't happen dispite a lot of diologe being written for it. Turned out there was an error in the switch during the fight so it wasn't registering correctly. So finally getting that worked out hopefully.
Also added several more scenes if you two are dating and there wasn't a fight. Got everything done if Vivian is living by herself. Finsihed their conversation if Evaline and Des got into a fight at the party and you weren't dating. Nearly finished if Vivian is living with Des or Evaline. And need to add a scene of mom video calling after the 3way.

Also the royal family is completely different in this world because the Windsor never took over and the House of Hanover is still in power.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Well it's hard to put a number in terms of percentage but I did finally today figure out a bug that has been hounding me for a while. When dating Evaline, and you go to the party and have the fight with des, the diologe was not carrying over in later parts as to the fallout. Everyone was acting like it didn't happen dispite a lot of diologe being written for it. Turned out there was an error in the switch during the fight so it wasn't registering correctly. So finally getting that worked out hopefully.
Also added several more scenes if you two are dating and there wasn't a fight. Got everything done if Vivian is living by herself. Finsihed their conversation if Evaline and Des got into a fight at the party and you weren't dating. Nearly finished if Vivian is living with Des or Evaline. And need to add a scene of mom video calling after the 3way.

Also the royal family is completely different in this world because the Windsor never took over and the House of Hanover is still in power.
Didn't they just rename themselves after world war 1 to distance themselves from the German ruling family?

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021

thanks for the update

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
The House of Hanover only ended because Edward VII decided rather take his mother', Queen Victoria's, name (Hanover) he'd take his family name from his father, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (which in WW1 was changed to Windsor after their main residence, given all the anti-German feeling around). I think you said there's no WW1 so I can see them still being Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, but not sure how they remain Hanover?

[I love histories and alternate histories way too much]

Reactions: Ssato243

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
The House of Hanover only ended because Edward VII decided rather take his mother', Queen Victoria's, name (Hanover) he'd take his family name from his father, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (which in WW1 was changed to Windsor after their main residence, given all the anti-German feeling around). I think you said there's no WW1 so I can see them still being Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, but not sure how they remain Hanover?

[I love histories and alternate histories way too much]
In a nutshell because the royal linage is completely different in this time line because certian political marriages would have never happened thus children would be different so it gives me free reign to make the royal family whatever I want it to be.

There is a specific point in the late 1500s when the timeline shifts and yes it does have to do with current day City of New Amsterdam.
I will of course go into far more of the cities history in later games.

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
In a nutshell because the royal linage is completely different in this time line because certian political marriages would have never happened thus children would be different so it gives me free reign to make the royal family whatever I want it to be.

There is a specific point in the late 1500s when the timeline shifts and yes it does have to do with current day City of New Amsterdam.
If you'd said mid-1500s I'd have guessed Edward VI not dying (hence no Mary and Elizabeth and probably no James I and VI as I think it more likely Edward would have had direct heirs unlike his sisters)

I'm loving the alternate history hints as much as the lesbian sex [now if you could have Mom and Vi strap-on banging whilst discussing what a continuing British Empire in the North American colonies did for European immigration or whether it led to shift of immigration to ex-Spanish South America, I'd probably die a happy man]

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
, one of the best songs in Horrible histories. :) "The people hated us and we hated them too." :D

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Wait, so it's entirely possible Viv is a member of the Royal Family, but for Reasons, Mom has kept it secret, possibly because it's illegitimate. Damn, now I really want them to bang.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021

Queen Elizabeth doesn't die and rules for a hundred years more (because she is a demon :ROFLMAO:), so no Stuarts on the English throne and no revolution. :D She gets bored and gives the throne to George I, because he is protestant. ;)

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Queen Elizabeth doesn't die and rules for a hundred years more (because she is a demon :ROFLMAO:), so no Stewards on the English throne and no revolution. :D She gets bored and gives the throne to George I, because he is protestant. ;)
Except that Elizabeth is a Windsor, not a Hanover. So likely a completely different Elizabeth.

Which again, ignores the question - which of the Royals is hot and bangable?

Really starting to like the headcanon that Viv (and Eva) are illegitimate princesses. And that Mom is a child of Tara's, so Tara is really curious about how much influence she might have on a member of the Royal Family, if only by accident.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Except that Elizabeth is a Windsor, not a Hanover. So likely a completely different Elizabeth.

Which again, ignores the question - which of the Royals is hot and bangable?

Really starting to like the headcanon that Viv (and Eva) are illegitimate princesses. And that Mom is a child of Tara's, so Tara is really curious about how much influence she might have on a member of the Royal Family, if only by accident.
I meant ,Tudor, daughter of Henry VIII. Because BWG wrote that a change occurred in the late 16. century. She reigned during that period. ;) I like the idea that one of the English rulers might be supernatural or at least partially.
In real life? Don't know about the others, but I like princess Kate, wife of prince William. And is ok too.
Mom a daughter of Tara? :unsure: That could be interesting. Eva is not mom's daughter though. Didn't mom sleep with only one guy, her late husband? ;)

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Queen Elizabeth doesn't die and rules for a hundred years more (because she is a demon :ROFLMAO:), so no Stuarts on the English throne and no revolution. :D She gets bored and gives the throne to George I, because he is protestant. ;)
Well James I (VI in Scotland) did push for colonisation. So if he didn't do that, then the Dutch would be able to colonise more? But then, how did the Hanover's take over in that timeline?

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

Alternate history with BWG! Sign me up!

Pocahontas was born at then end of the 1500s. Related?
The assassination of William of Orange fails in this timeline?

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes