VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Seeing BWG's post above I got thinking a bit more on what could have changed at the end of the 1500's.

During that time, the Dutch were waging a war of independence against Spain. The Dutch were aided in this by Elizabeth I and the English. Maybe instead of Netherlands becoming independent after that war, they became vassals of England and later assimilated in to Britain? Then the Dutch and English would cooperate in colonising America rather than being rivals. Might explain the New Amsterdam in the game?
Have you heard of the ? A filthy rich state sanctioned company trading mainly with Africa and Asia in the 17. and 18. centuries. These were the main areas of interest to the Dutch. The dutch war of independence lasted for 80 years. Britain supported the Dutch in their war against Spain and at the end Netherlands became a sovereign republic.
However if Netherlands becoma part of Britain ,as say a duchy, wouldn't the Brits name the city outright New York? Or any other name (New new castle :LOL:). Maybe if Britain offered strong military aid they would keep being alies instead becoming competitors and waging four .
In fact , prince of Orange and the dutch Stadtholder, became king William III, king of England, Scotland and Ireland and ruled together with his wife Marry II, daughter of James II, younger brother of Charles II. So for a brief period he ruled both Britain and Republic of the seven united Netherlands. :) But he died childless. And at the time New Amsterdam was under british control. If he had children, there would be no Hanoverians on the english throne though.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Where would you recruit artists to render art pieces of DDoS or MLS? :unsure:
Considering how many artists moved over from AWAM to Free Pass (particularly when the dev started distributing the asset files), I generally start in fan art threads

Gwydion

Apr 14, 2018
BlackWebGames , in my wanderings of the various paths (seriously, there are so many branches and variants it's crazy), I've happened upon a missing scene/image - labelled as 'by evamorningfinger'.

Specifically, my choices were to choose sub Viv, send the paper to Eva, lie enough to be able to bluff Harper, have Eva move in, not go to the party, give in to Eva's seduction attempts, say Viv was jealous, and then not forgive her having sex with Viv's mom after staying and watching. When in bed with Eva and Des calls, the missing image is during that conversation.

Obviously there were other choices with other characters, but I assume only the ones that affect Eva's path are relevant?

I did also notice, that at some point the route seems to start acting as though Viv was on her dom pathing in her options and chosen outfit, which was a little odd.

It's such an obscure and particular path variant, but curiosity got me.

Gwydion

Apr 14, 2018
I was also interested to note that, if you manage to get Eva living with you on the sub Viv route, go to the party, and end up in the threesome with Eva and Viv's mom, the scene is the same as on the dom route, rather than having a subby variant.

Still having difficulty working out a way to ONLY go to the party with Eva, so that Des doesn't interfere and start a fight - because that always seems to end with Viv and Des being drugged and Eva being ditched, or with destroying relationships with both Eva AND Des.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Have you heard of the ? A filthy rich state sanctioned company trading mainly with Africa and Asia in the 17. and 18. centuries. These were the main areas of interest to the Dutch. The dutch war of independence lasted for 80 years. Britain supported the Dutch in their war against Spain and at the end Netherlands became a sovereign republic.
However if Netherlands becoma part of Britain ,as say a duchy, wouldn't the Brits name the city outright New York? Or any other name (New new castle :LOL:). Maybe if Britain offered strong military aid they would keep being alies instead becoming competitors and waging four .
In fact , prince of Orange and the dutch Stadtholder, became king William III, king of England, Scotland and Ireland and ruled together with his wife Marry II, daughter of James II, younger brother of Charles II. So for a brief period he ruled both Britain and Republic of the seven united Netherlands. :) But he died childless. And at the time New Amsterdam was under british control. If he had children, there would be no Hanoverians on the english throne though.
My reasoning was that, if Netherlands were part of / vassals of England, then they would cooperate with colonisation. Thus the Dutch would get to name some colonies as well since all of it is part of Britain anyway.

And yeah, I am aware of William III (I have read Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle and he is part of the plots there). And I know about Mary II from Henry Purcell's music. But I specifically was looking for something in the late 1500s since that is what BWG said was the deviation point.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
My reasoning was that, if Netherlands were part of / vassals of England, then they would cooperate with colonisation. Thus the Dutch would get to name some colonies as well since all of it is part of Britain anyway.

And yeah, I am aware of William III (I have read Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle and he is part of the plots there). And I know about Mary II from Henry Purcell's music. But I specifically was looking for something in the late 1500s since that is what BWG said was the deviation point.
If Elizabeth intervened militarily in favor of the Dutch, even if just to piss off Spain even more and their combined forces had been able to drive the Spanish out of Netherlands before the truce of 1609 they might had become best friends. If they managed to do so before the Voc was founded in 1602, it might had been an English Dutch joint venture. ;) Thus they would had colonized Africa and the East Indies together. Or at least the as we are talking about New Amsterdam.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
BlackWebGames , in my wanderings of the various paths (seriously, there are so many branches and variants it's crazy), I've happened upon a missing scene/image - labelled as 'by evamorningfinger'.

Specifically, my choices were to choose sub Viv, send the paper to Eva, lie enough to be able to bluff Harper, have Eva move in, not go to the party, give in to Eva's seduction attempts, say Viv was jealous, and then not forgive her having sex with Viv's mom after staying and watching. When in bed with Eva and Des calls, the missing image is during that conversation.

Obviously there were other choices with other characters, but I assume only the ones that affect Eva's path are relevant?

I did also notice, that at some point the route seems to start acting as though Viv was on her dom pathing in her options and chosen outfit, which was a little odd.

It's such an obscure and particular path variant, but curiosity got me.
So this is a bug that I recently just found and am working on. I have hopefully fixed it now. And I will go back and see if I can fix the missing image, probably just a misspelling somewhere.

Also you can not just invite Evaline to the party just like you can not go to the party alone. You either go with Desiree or Mom. I did this for a few reasons. Gameplay wise so I would reduce the number of variations there already are at the party which is a lot as it is. And from a story perspective I couldn't see a situation where Vivian didn't invite Desiree given what was going on except if going with mom in which case Vivian would think it embarising going to a party like this with her mom and best friend.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
WW1 did happen but it was Russia and Prussia vs Britian and France among other allies
The russian monachry collapsed after the war and a parlimentry goverment was formed in new nation of Germany and Russia as replacements for their monarchies. But in this world the Romanovs were not given the back of the head treatment in the middle of the night.

Austria-Hungary was dissolved into a dozen or so smaller countries after the war into much like it is today. Though Hungry itself is probably a bit smaller and have heavy british influance still to this day.

Fance was broken and beaten, the Prussians having been allowed to keep most of their conqured French claims in Africa and is now on par with Spain when it comes to current political influance and relivance. Joined the EU as a way of trying to shake off lingering British influance so instead is now a puppet state for Germany.

to quote what I said in a previous post:
There are no NAZIs as the Great War (WW1) ended in a stalemate where Japan was allowed to keep the bits of Russia and Prussian islands that it conquered, and France lost most of its holdings in Africa to the Prussians. (Germany isn't a thing because it came about due to the Napoleonic wars which never happened because the French Revolution never happened because the American Revolution never happened which caused the economic depression in France. Instead France slowly lost its grip on power over the next hundred years as it's monarchy continued to flounder and diminish, having to sell or give up much of it's colonial presence in the America's and later Africa.) As such the massive hyper inflation after WW1 never happened leading to the economic depression in both Germany and Italy thus the fascist factions were never in a position to ever be able to rise to power.

Instead what you had is a growing consolidation of European powers against the greater British Empire, thus the formation of the EU.

China still had it's cultural revolution with Mao but they eventually lost the war to Japan leading to something of an arms race between eastern and western powers. The EU not backing the Japanese Empire but also secretly supporting them to undermine Britain hold in the Pacific and India, but also not wanting them to get too powerful and becoming just as big of a threat.

The invention of atomic bomb in the 50s caused a lot of tensions to cool on the surface as neither of the world powers wanted to see how a conventional war with nuclear weapons would play out thus entering them into a semi cold war.

Tensions have mostly fizzled out, instead focusing mostly on economic dominance over the others.
Hmm. I think it would be interesting to have this or some of it ingame for some worldbulding. :unsure:

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Hmm. I think it would be interesting to have this or some of it ingame for some worldbulding. :unsure:
It will be at some point. But probably not in DDoS. I have a game planned in the distnant future that will be about the founding of New Amsterdam. And with Amelia about to start school in MLS she will probably talk a bit about the city and her history class. Other than that, sometime in the future there will probably be a more open world game that I make that will have a library that you can go to and read up on some stuff if you want. But I think the important thing is to make the world building fix with the story and not be shoved in for the sake of exposition.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So this is a bug that I recently just found and am working on. I have hopefully fixed it now. And I will go back and see if I can fix the missing image, probably just a misspelling somewhere.

Also you can not just invite Evaline to the party just like you can not go to the party alone. You either go with Desiree or Mom. I did this for a few reasons. Gameplay wise so I would reduce the number of variations there already are at the party which is a lot as it is. And from a story perspective I couldn't see a situation where Vivian didn't invite Desiree given what was going on except if going with mom in which case Vivian would think it embarising going to a party like this with her mom and best friend.
Also, Mom is hot. I mean c'mon, why would you not invite her?
screenshot0006.png

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021
Love the game. Love the characters...except Ms. Harper. It's not because she thinks she's a dom but because she's what I consider a very terrible person. A true dom/sub relationship is based on trust. Not blackmail and humiliation. In a healthy dom/sub relationship if the sub says no or stop. You stop. The whole blackmail scene early on with Ms.Harper in the gym bathroom just turns my stomach. That being said I love the game and look forward to seeing where all the other storyline paths go.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Love the game. Love the characters...except Ms. Harper. It's not because she thinks she's a dom but because she's what I consider a very terrible person. A true dom/sub relationship is based on trust. Not blackmail and humiliation. In a healthy dom/sub relationship if the sub says no or stop. You stop. The whole blackmail scene early on with Ms.Harper in the gym bathroom just turns my stomach. That being said I love the game and look forward to seeing where all the other storyline paths go.
In my PT I didn't get blackmailed, Harper just asked me if I wanted to be her sub. So I don't resent her like you do, quite the contrary

Reactions: HornyTranschicken
Jul 14, 2021
In my PT I didn't get blackmailed, Harper just asked me if I wanted to be her sub. So I don't resent her like you do, quite the contrary
I know its just one of the many possible routes with her depending on how you play. Its just that one possible route soured me on her and because of it I wouldn't trust her to be a sub's dom/master. I also think Viv doesn't need her to help become a dom but to each there own. This VN has so many damn possible routes its crazy.

Reactions: Sorrow85

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I know its just one of the many possible routes with her depending on how you play. Its just that one possible route soured me on her and because of it I wouldn't trust her to be a sub's dom/master. I also think Viv doesn't need her to help become a dom but to each there own. This VN has so many damn possible routes its crazy.
Also telling Ms Harper to fuck off gets you the threesome with Mom

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Also telling Ms Harper to fuck off gets you the threesome with Mom
Yes, it opens up the possibility for Eva Mom and Vivian to have threesomes.
(Eva moves to Boomer's house)

I look forward to seeing what happens with Malina and her "drug organisation" and how saturday impact to story(Beca+Malina conversation)

Hopefully an update due soon?
There isnt info about update yet on buymecoffee.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Really curious what the "Jobs" part of this update is going to be, since I think that's the only thing I'll get this playthrough. And since Viv wont graduate.

And of course which side of the fam Aunt is from, although I don't know if we get the coffee event in my playthrough

Oct 20, 2019
If Elizabeth intervened militarily in favor of the Dutch, even if just to piss off Spain even more and their combined forces had been able to drive the Spanish out of Netherlands before the truce of 1609 they might had become best friends. If they managed to do so before the Voc was founded in 1602, it might had been an English Dutch joint venture. ;) Thus they would had colonized Africa and the East Indies together. Or at least the as we are talking about New Amsterdam.
Not going to lie, as someone who was a history major in college I am totally having a nerdgasm over this entire conversation. #towels

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes