VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
That's a new, but unfinished scene it seems.

There's another scene if you finish the game at the sorority party. During the break there's an option to go talk to harper. But it's only available for those that triggered the date earlier in the playthrough. She finds harper and they have sex. It's pretty cool scene.
Thanks for clearing that up. I tried to get to it but no matter what I do I don't get that option. The date is the one where Ms. Harper introduces Vivian to one of her other subs, Monica, right?

bluehill84

Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for clearing that up. I tried to get to it but no matter what I do I don't get that option. The date is the one where Ms. Harper introduces Vivian to one of her other subs, Monica, right?
No, the outing to the company president character is on the dom or sub path.

There is a 3rd path with harper. In her office it's possible for her to ask you what grade she should give you on your paper, followed by giving you her phone number.

Later in the playthrough you'll be given the option to reach out to her via phone or not. Those are the indicators that you are on the harper dating path. Which is the path that has the update.

What I did was:
- Choose to not help Eva with the paper (it's the 3rd option in the list)
- When you go to harper's office and she asks about the grade on the paper, I choose "D" for the grade. (I don't know if this matters or not)
- Then latter on choose to call/text harper.
- She'll ask if you want a formal or casual date. (Either option will lead to the new scene)
- You need to accept Eva's invitation to the party and play the sorority game until the end. You should see an option to talk to harper.

Reactions: GifMeMore1987
Jun 24, 2017
When I come back home in a few days I will give Harper a shot.. I hope Des doesent hear this :crossfinger:

This is a pity but the dev has another game in the development at same time and DDoS must be a really hard game to design and especially to test that everything works fine without errors.

I found these games in 2020, now I wish I had found them five years later.
But on the other hand, it's been nice to follow the development of different games here.
No offense to the developer but you probably shouldn't be developing multiple games at once it just slows down the development on all.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
No, the outing to the company president character is on the dom or sub path.

There is a 3rd path with harper. In her office it's possible for her to ask you what grade she should give you on your paper, followed by giving you her phone number.

Later in the playthrough you'll be given the option to reach out to her via phone or not. Those are the indicators that you are on the harper dating path. Which is the path that has the update.

What I did was:
- Choose to not help Eva with the paper (it's the 3rd option in the list)
- When you go to harper's office and she asks about the grade on the paper, I choose "D" for the grade. (I don't know if this matters or not)
- Then latter on choose to call/text harper.
- She'll ask if you want a formal or casual date. (Either option will lead to the new scene)
- You need to accept Eva's invitation to the party and play the sorority game until the end. You should see an option to talk to harper.
Oof, I'm an idiot, it was even mentioned in the original post! Thanks for the walkthrough, I finally got the scene, you were right, it's really good. But damn, it desperately needs spelling correction.

I did play the romance path (among others) when I first played the game, but I didn't remember the date since it only was planned at this point. I also never made proper saves with the different paths.

Jul 19, 2020
No offense to the developer but you probably shouldn't be developing multiple games at once it just slows down the development on all.
If I remember rightly Mother Lovers' Society is more of a side project than a full second game, its much simpler in concept and scope than this one, almost a Kinetic Novel. So the Dev can take a break while still working on related ideas and such, 'a change is as good as a rest' or something?

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
If I remember rightly Mother Lovers' Society is more of a side project than a full second game, its much simpler in concept and scope than this one, almost a Kinetic Novel. So the Dev can take a break while still working on related ideas and such, 'a change is as good as a rest' or something?
True, it's very linear, the few choices you make have zero influence on the larger story, so there's only one route to develop.
As much as I love this game, sadly the development pace is very slow :(
I read that in most of the game threads I follow, maybe what's considered slow is actually normal speed. Of course that doesn't apply to all games, some are progressing just really fucking slow!

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Reactions: AncestralGroove

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
How often is this updated? I only see the last update, or I'm looking in the wrong place?
I try to get an update out on the first monday of the month, but I took October off to work on one month build challenge. (You can see more details on my Subscribestar page. All Dev Updates are free.) So the next update is expected around the 5th of December

Last edited:

phillibuster

Apr 2, 2019
I try to get an update out on the first monday of the month, but I took October off to work on one month build challenge. (You can see more details on my Subscribestar page. All Dev Updates are free.) So the next update is expected around the 5th of December
I'll look forward to them. It's a great game, minor spelling mistakes notwithstanding.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What are the chances Mom is returning from overseas?

• Hey there
Reactions: farrah
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes