VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Sex with the mother has been in the game for a loooooong time.

If it hasn't happened in your game then you aren't on her route.
One of the game, I wouldn't be suprised if you show me a path and my answer would only be, that I don't have know that this particular path has exist.;)

Should really play through it and follow every path....

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Btw where’s BlackWebGames ? It’s been a while since his/her last comments
He tends to lurk. I once posted in the fan art thread a request for one of the game assets, and got a response with the asset in about 10 minutes.

It will be the first Monday of the month in a few days, which is when he likes to give updates. So we'll probably hear from him then closer to Monday.

I'm just hoping for news on the sorority party, so Mom can come home.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
He tends to lurk. I once posted in the fan art thread a request for one of the game assets, and got a response with the asset in about 10 minutes.

It will be the first Monday of the month in a few days, which is when he likes to give updates. So we'll probably hear from him then closer to Monday.

I see I see tbh I was more looking forward on the aunt scene but who knows

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I see I see tbh I was more looking forward on the aunt scene but who knows
I don't think we know enough about the aunt for me to get excited yet. For example, is she Viv's father's sister that Mom was dating at one point? Because if she is, then the chances of shenanigans is high.

But if the aunt is Mom's sister, then not so much. Still possible though.

Whereas if you're on the Mom path, shenanigans when she returns is a certainty.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
I don't think we know enough about the aunt for me to get excited yet. For example, is she Viv's father's sister that Mom was dating at one point? Because if she is, then the chances of shenanigans is high.

But if the aunt is Mom's sister, then not so much. Still possible though.

Whereas if you're on the Mom path, shenanigans when she returns is a certainty.
I definitely confirm that the aunt was Viv father sister, remember that her mum drunk night she kiss her and the next day she told Viv her father make a move on his sister his mom etc so I can confirm the aunt was Viv father sister

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022

He actually commented in his Subscribestar account a while ago that Party stuff is mostly done and just needed to be rendered.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Am I missing something?
I decided not to go to the party, Des and Viv went shopping, Viv tried to take a photo in the changing booth, but Des refused and kicked her out.
Then, the mother happened, skip a week, and things get weird.

So, first, Des invites Viv to the art studio, and then she says she wants to be treated as a slut like last time and this time sex is better. What last time? There was never a last time, and if it is referring to the changing booth, I didn't really have the impression she was being treated as a slut.

And then, Harper. She says she is satisfied Viv sent Des' photo. But she didn't...

So, do I have a very bad memory or did some flags that shouldn't have been raised were risen anyway?

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Am I missing something?
I decided not to go to the party, Des and Viv went shopping, Viv tried to take a photo in the changing booth, but Des refused and kicked her out.

So, first, Des invites Viv to the art studio, and then she says she wants to be treated as a slut like last time and this time sex is better. What last time? There was never a last time, and if it is referring to the changing booth, I didn't really have the impression she was being treated as a slut.

And then, Harper. She says she is satisfied Viv sent Des' photo. But she didn't...

So, do I have a very bad memory or did some flags that shouldn't have been raised were risen anyway?
The game is still unfinished, so a few events are linear despite your accomplishments. A new rework has Viv being a smartass if she doesn't show Harper a pic of someone, she just shows a nude selfie and passes for being creative.

Last edited:

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Am I missing something?

This would be a bug. Let me know if this is a new save or from an older one. If it is a new save then I will do what I can to find and fix it.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
This would be a bug. Let me know if this is a new save or from an older one. If it is a new save then I will do what I can to find and fix it.
Thanks for your answer, it was a new save.
Also, when choosing "I won't go to the party" to the mother (not a lie), the monologue about lying to the mother still happens.

EDIT: If I may give some feedback too:
I don't know how I feel about the direction the story is taking, I am only at the beginning, but I have no idea how it will evolve after this, and I have only tried one path so far, but.
-Viv discovers new things about herself and wants to be more assertive, and change things in her life, ok. That's why I made all the choices that would go in that direction.
-First step is simply to stop being a pushover and be more assertive, ok.
-Then changing her appearance, ok.
-Then being a little more dominant, ok.

But after the week with the mother, things escalate very quickly.

When she tries to be a top with Evelyne (and ends up being on top, but not a top), it gets her in an awkward position, then she tells Harper she's not into 50 shades of grey stuff.
One week with her mother later and she thinks she is a top dominatrix and every girl in the world should crawl on the floor and call her mistress.

I'm not a big fan of ellipses in the first place, but most of her changes before that event are a slow burn, she even tries to be a good person, and suddenly she becomes a bitch.
I have nothing against the main character getting more corrupted than the girls she tries to get, but the change is say too sudden in my opinion.

Though I'm curious about what would happen with different choices, but I'll try them when I'll be done with this playthrough.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackWebGames

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks for your answer, it was a new save.
Also, when choosing "I won't go to the party" to the mother (not a lie), the monologue about lying to the mother still happens.

EDIT: If I may give some feedback too:
I don't know how I feel about the direction the story is taking, I am only at the beginning, but I have no idea how it will evolve after this, and I have only tried one path so far, but.
-Viv discovers new things about herself and wants to be more assertive, and change things in her life, ok. That's why I made all the choices that would go in that direction.
-First step is simply to stop being a pushover and be more assertive, ok.
-Then changing her appearance, ok.
-Then being a little more dominant, ok.

But after the week with the mother, things escalate very quickly.

When she tries to be a top with Evelyne (and ends up being on top, but not a top), it gets her in an awkward position, then she tells Harper she's not into 50 shades of grey stuff.
One week with her mother later and she thinks she is a top dominatrix and every girl in the world should crawl on the floor and call her mistress.

I'm not a big fan of ellipses in the first place, but most of her changes before that event are a slow burn, she even tries to be a good person, and suddenly she becomes a bitch.
I have nothing against the main character getting more corrupted than the girls she tries to get, but the change is say too sudden in my opinion.

Though I'm curious about what would happen with different choices, but I'll try them when I'll be done with this playthrough.
Select not to help Evelyne cheat and agree to date Harper to see a just newly added party scene exclusively added for that path.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes