VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I'm just curious if there are any plans for tattoos and piercings going forward? If the game does only take place over the course of one summer it seems like a stretch to fit to much of that into an 8-10 week period. But then again if Tara is to be believed in that 8-10 week period, Vivian can come to dominate: her mom, Des, Evaline, Harper, and implied that mabye even Rebecca too. Almost feels like the story will have to go into the next semester.

Also this might be a glitch, and it wasn't a big deal, just something I noticed. I had Vivian shave herself, but then in the cutscene with Megan during the soriety party she had pubic hair again.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
I'm just curious if there are any plans for tattoos and piercings going forward? If the game does only take place over the course of one summer it seems like a stretch to fit to much of that into an 8-10 week period. But then again if Tara is to be believed in that 8-10 week period, Vivian can come to dominate: her mom, Des, Evaline, Harper, and implied that mabye even Rebecca too. Almost feels like the story will have to go into the next semester.

Also this might be a glitch, and it wasn't a big deal, just something I noticed. I had Vivian shave herself, but then in the cutscene with Megan during the soriety party she had pubic hair again.
The sorority party is still pretty raw and not everything is fully implemented.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022

It is apparently only the end of week 3 during Sorority party. So, a long way off. As for tats and piercings, I would assume that would be possible future extra content in Evelyne route.

Last edited:

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
Optional Tats and Piecing are slightly problematic, as it massively increases the number of renders that have to be done. Imagine if you just add a single Tat and a single piecing, you now have to render each scene 4 times :-
1) Vanilla
2) Tat
3) Piecing
4) Tat and Piecing
And it gets exponentially worse the more options you add.

Not saying that it can't be done, but it is more suited for games with drawn artwork. You could render the backgrounds separately from the actors, and then just overlay them on the background, but this tends to create weird lighting and visual issues, kind of like the way weather presenters are when they stand in front of the map which isn't really there. Again I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is best done as a stylistic choice from the very beginning or not at all.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Optional Tats and Piecing are slightly problematic, as it massively increases the number of renders that have to be done. Imagine if you just add a single Tat and a single piecing, you now have to render each scene 4 times :-
1) Vanilla
2) Tat
3) Piecing
4) Tat and Piecing
And it gets exponentially worse the more options you add.

Not saying that it can't be done, but it is more suited for games with drawn artwork. You could render the backgrounds separately from the actors, and then just overlay them on the background, but this tends to create weird lighting and visual issues, kind of like the way weather presenters are when they stand in front of the map which isn't really there. Again I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is best done as a stylistic choice from the very beginning or not at all.
The reason it works for Evelyne is because it is part of her base model.

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
The reason it works for Evelyne is because it is part of her base model.
Yup. exactly this.
If it is a significant plot point that the MC gets some sort of body change, this also works, but it has to be compulsory or the get the issue with multiple renders. It is not a great idea to have this sort of compulsory change, as some people love body mods, and other people hate them. If it going to be done, then it is best to do it near the start, that way you don't alienate the section of the player base, those that like it or are indifferent will stay, and those that hate it will quit.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Yup. exactly this.
If it is a significant plot point that the MC gets some sort of body change, this also works, but it has to be compulsory or the get the issue with multiple renders. It is not a great idea to have this sort of compulsory change, as some people love body mods, and other people hate them. If it going to be done, then it is best to do it near the start, that way you don't alienate the section of the player base, those that like it or are indifferent will stay, and those that hate it will quit.
Technically it is still near the start. Week 3 of 9 or 10.

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
Technically it is still near the start. Week 3 of 9 or 10.
True, however there has been a monstrous amount of work put into the game. You could play the game dozens of times and still find something you have never seen before, because you did something which you haven't done before. While it is a nice touch, it can be detrimental to repeat players, as there is only so many times most people will want to go through the story before they don't want to see it again, and that is even with the option of skipping scenes you have seen before.

Reactions: Stringy Bob

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
True, however there has been a monstrous amount of work put into the game. You could play the game dozens of times and still find something you have never seen before, because you did something which you haven't done before. While it is a nice touch, it can be detrimental to repeat players, as there is only so many times most people will want to go through the story before they don't want to see it again, and that is even with the option of skipping scenes you have seen before.
This is definitely one of the games were it can be frustrating to play every update as there are so many branching paths there's no way to do them all justice in one update. More rewarding to took at it every 3 or 4 updates. Well worth it.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Having a lot of minor different details in the branching is not necessarily for the replay value but to have a unique experience for every player. It might be frustrating for completionists, but I don't think they're so many. I generally don't play all the routes of a game myself.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I played through using a couple of different options. It feels like the only major decision so far is if MC is going to be dominant, submissive, or loving. All other options still seem to lead to the same path of MC sleeping with every woman in the game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Romenjack

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
I played through using a couple of different options. It feels like the only major decision so far is if MC is going to be dominant, submissive, or loving. All other options still seem to lead to the same path of MC sleeping with every woman in the game.
I don't know about that. In one play through I had Evaline move in with me and after a few tries had a threeway with her and the mom otherwise I am just having sex with Evaline. In another I moved out and lived with Des. In one I am dating Harper, in another she is blackmailing me and then in another she is training me to be a sub. I've had a threeway with Des at the party, as well as presumably getting drugged by Shanna and having sex with Des. I got eaten out by a reporter one time, and had Des get all depressed and them made her my slave. I even have a save right now where I don't sleep with anyone just to see where that goes.
I think it's more that most decisions don't immediately lock out doing stuff with other characters.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What I find curious is that the decision to be dominant or submissive also seems to be the decision about whether to side with Eva or Des. So far I'm enjoying playing a dominant Viv, which fits in really well with Eva, who turns out to really enjoy being submissive in the bedroom.

I believe another major decision is coming up at the sorority party - Ms Harper or Mom. You can probably tell from my sig which one I'm planning on choosing. Not sure how that fits if Viv is pursuing Des though.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I don't know about that. In one play through I had Evaline move in with me and after a few tries had a threeway with her and the mom otherwise I am just having sex with Evaline. In another I moved out and lived with Des. In one I am dating Harper, in another she is blackmailing me and then in another she is training me to be a sub. I've had a threeway with Des at the party, as well as presumably getting drugged by Shanna and having sex with Des. I got eaten out by a reporter one time, and had Des get all depressed and them made her my slave. I even have a save right now where I don't sleep with anyone just to see where that goes.
I think it's more that most decisions don't immediately lock out doing stuff with other characters.
The only true branch that I've seen so far is basically if you choose for Viv to be Dom or not. I could be wrong, I haven't played every variable, but every one that I play has hinted towards the same place. In the Dom route where I helped Evaline, instead of let her cheat, the seeds are still there to dominate Eva and Mom, it just comes a little later after Des. But in the other Dom path where I let Eva cheat, she started with Eva, hints at mom, and still ended up dominating Des.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
There are certain decisions that bar you from certain women. If you aren't Harper's pet, you won't be servicing a certain CFO for example. It was also admitted by Blackweb that Vivian is the daughter of what could be described as the typical male MC in almost every other sex game of this type. She is geneticly predispositioned to attract every woman around her like flies to honey. Lol

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Oh my god. If Viv and Mom are in a casual/open relationship thing and they have a foursome scene with Michelle and Amelia. :love: I would fucking die instantly from dehydration if that happened.
Michelle would possibly meet Viv's mom being Rebecca's nurse in MLS. This is assuming that this is around the time that Rebecca had just gotten her as a manager. It is implied that Rebecca has been trying to get her in a slutty dress at one of her parties for "years".

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes