VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
So you will probably have to start a new game if you haven't already. When you get home and meet Rebeca for the first time you have to tell your mom you won't go to the party. If Des is sleeping over you have to tell her as well that you don't want to go.
Since the game is so short at present, any time I want to try new story options I just start a new game. So this isn't corrupted saves, this is me starting the whole thing over and it not working.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I still have problems with the fixed update. I had to start from the beginning.
Yes as stated in the change log this update will break your saves. It is because I went back and cleaned up a lot of the old code so it was better organized and easier to edit and find bugs. When I transferred to renpy I was still learning how the coding worked and didn't know a lot of the tricks that I do now. However all that means most saves will be broken. This should be the last time it is a problem however.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Since the game is so short at present, any time I want to try new story options I just start a new game. So this isn't corrupted saves, this is me starting the whole thing over and it not working.
Did you download my hotfix that I posted a few pages back?

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Yes as stated in the change log this update will break your saves. It is because I went back and cleaned up a lot of the old code so it was better organized and easier to edit and find bugs. When I transferred to renpy I was still learning how the coding worked and didn't know a lot of the tricks that I do now. However all that means most saves will be broken. This should be the last time it is a problem however.
So, for the next update, do we need to start the game from the beginning for the other paths too?

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
Did you download my hotfix that I posted a few pages back?
Have to track it down. Sorry, thought when you mentioned it that it was replacing the one on the main page. But makes a lot of sense now. Also got one of the "image missing" errors that you mentioned

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I'm disappointed with this game.I was expecting a game like this (Good girl Gone bad) with better graphics,while what you presented is much, much lower.I would put in Good girl 10 while in yours 2 or 3. (sorry for bad english).

the start was good.
Comparing a complete game which utilizes tracer 2d art with a game on its begining and that uses 3D rendering with Daz is very absurd. :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
By the way am I the only one who laugh at Desiree's pikachu shirt? :LOL: :LOL:
Now I just realized that shirt:eek:

I'm disappointed with this game.I was expecting a game like this (Good girl Gone bad) with better graphics,while what you presented is much, much lower.I would put in Good girl 10 while in yours 2 or 3. (sorry for bad english).

I'm sorry about that.
I guess you didn't like Mom's stuff.

GGGB is a great game indeed(4.5/5)especially if you look at how you can influence the fates of different characters but DDOS has a great start, less characters and a touch of supernatural.

---

I was just thinking how Des would change if she go to a party alone :unsure:
Just break up, drugs and the party may not be a good combination for young woman.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

the start was good.
Are you still here whining.....

None of these devs are going to change their content to suit you. How about using a bit of that once very common sense and finding something that is to your tastes.

Comparing a complete game which utilizes tracer 2d art with a game on its begining and that uses 3D rendering with Daz is very absurd. :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm:
He has an issue with lesbian content.

He plays lesbian themed games and then whines that they are lesbian themed games.

He's doing the same thing over at Naughty Lyanna.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes