VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
A Wife and Mother is maybe the most popular one that has a lesbian path. It has great renders, very well narrative and a good build up. I don't know why Avaron1974 hates it.
Jessica O'neil's Hard News is the one with the best renders and it has a good pace. But there are 1 or 2 straight sex scenes at the beginning that are unavoidable, still you can play a lesbian path.
A Wife and a Mother has been in development for 3 years and the most the lesbian path amounts to is a kiss.

In 3 fucking years.

It's not so much that I hate the game it's more the dev I don't like. Updates are few and far between and rarely have any substance. I'm not just talking sex, lesbian sex is more foreplay and build anyway, but the forward progress of the story as a whole has only moved forward a few days in those 3 years.

Then again I say I don't hate the game but the characters act so unnaturally I don't exactly like it either.

I mentioned some of it in my review but she gets all pissy when her son see's her in her bikini .... a thing we wear in public. She also has a panic attack over him removing a tag from her dress when the shoulder strap slips and exposes ... absolutely nothing, all that moves is the strap. He maybe saw the top of her tit which he'd see if she wore a low cut blouse anyway.

Point is, she acts like a throwback to the 1920's when women covered up, said fuck all and lived in the kitchen and no one, especially suburban housewives, acts like that.

It's weird.

Sep 15, 2017
A Wife and a Mother has been in development for 3 years and the most the lesbian path amounts to is a kiss.

In 3 fucking years.

It's not so much that I hate the game it's more the dev I don't like. Updates are few and far between and rarely have any substance. I'm not just talking sex, lesbian sex is more foreplay and build anyway, but the forward progress of the story as a whole has only moved forward a few days in those 3 years.

Then again I say I don't hate the game but the characters act so unnaturally I don't exactly like it either.

I mentioned some of it in my review but she gets all pissy when her son see's her in her bikini .... a thing we wear in public. She also has a panic attack over him removing a tag from her dress when the shoulder strap slips and exposes ... absolutely nothing, all that moves is the strap. He maybe saw the top of her tit which he'd see if she wore a low cut blouse anyway.

Point is, she acts like a throwback to the 1920's when women covered up, said fuck all and lived in the kitchen and no one, especially suburban housewives, acts like that.

It's weird.
I think you're talking about the turn of the century around 1900. The 20's had women going to speakeasies in flapper dresses, which tended to show quite a bit of skin.

Thanks for the warning, though. I was thinking about checking it out after someone said there was a lesbian path, but it's not really a path if they haven't even made out and felt each other up yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Dog Days of Summer [v0.4.0] BlackWeb Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 777 MB
Original Size Mac: 760 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 88 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 71 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
A Wife and Mother is maybe the most popular one that has a lesbian path. It has great renders, very well narrative and a good build up. I don't know why Avaron1974 hates it.
Jessica O'neil's Hard News is the one with the best renders and it has a good pace. But there are 1 or 2 straight sex scenes at the beginning that are unavoidable, still you can play a lesbian path.
Who cares what avaron think. Wife and mother is one of the best games in this site. besides it has a lot of lesbian scenes in the recent update, and you can refuse having sex with your husband too. Jessica o neil is another excellent game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
After two, or three, or five updates along this year; I've been trying explore all paths... And then... all of those finished at the same point. And yet, I'm still trying to find a clue to go on. No more. Good luck, but this game doesn't worth it. (Not english native speaker. So, sorry about it)
I don't know how you managed to get them all to end in the same place considering some of the paths are further along than others.

That's some weird VN magic you pulled.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Is there an Update to the Walkthrough? One on Page 1 is still 0.32
There is not. Zoey the person who was making it commented that the paths were to complicated to put into an easy to understand walkthrough. Any they were doing enough other things they couldn't dedicate the time needed.
I have been thinking of making one of my own but the flowchart I use to keep track isn't exactly designed to be user friendly. I more use it as a way of keeping track of what variables could influence a scene then build the scene with those variables in mind.

A thousand foot overview would be:
Help eva cheat in order to be blackmailed or have eva come live with you.
Help eva write the paper to still befriend her and more and have ms. Harper 'tutor' you.
If you want to go to the party with your mom then dont invite des over for a sleepover.
That is not to say other choices dont make a difference only that for right now those are the big ones that have the most immediate impact.
As of right now no romance path is blocked off unless you tell des to stop when she kisses you when you are shopping.
Meaning even if you went to the party with your mom you still can romance des it will just be different in how you go about it.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
If ViV doesn’t go to the party but Des knows about the party, will Des go alone then(?)
Has this become clear yet or find out only on Sunday?(In game time)

I haven’t got to look properly at these two previous updates yet.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
If ViV doesn’t go to the party but Des knows about the party, will Des go alone then(?)
Has this become clear yet or find out only on Sunday?(In game time)

I haven’t got to look properly at these two previous updates yet.
If des sleeps over at your house she will go to the party unless you can talk her out of it. What all will happen is something you will find out. ;)

Reactions: Sorrow85

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
she will go to the party unless you can talk her out of it
Maybe I can be wrong but Des didn’t give a clear answer that she’s going to a party or not.
She answer like:
"I don't promised anything.."
So I'm wondering if Des's points affected in that case.

Personally, I wouldn’t dare let Des alone go to the party:censored:
(Cough...Bathroom scene in party.. Deep coughing)

Reactions: Glooskabe

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Maybe I can be wrong but Des didn’t give a clear answer that she’s going to a party or not.
She answer like:
"I don't promised anything.."
So I'm wondering if Des's points affected in that case.

Personally, I wouldn’t dare let Des alone go to the party:censored:
(Cough...Bathroom scene in party.. Deep coughing)
Yes. She is undecided at the time but based on what you said to her at the gallery and some other things she will later decide, out of scene if she will go or not. You won't find out what she decided until later. However it is not a hard check. So long as you are trying to be a good friend then she will probably not go.

Reactions: Sorrow85
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes