VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I will say that as of right now the only romance that could be considered over is if you told Des to not kiss you again while shopping with her.
I need to edit this information for "Des Path" in the guide.
And does that mean if you choose mom for shopping then Des relationship is gone too?

Even if you blew Evaline off at the start she will actually be coming back soon.
Tara says this and the same with Haprer case.
(Dom fuck off or Lying)

I always felt those games where just massive puzzles and I really wanna crack the code with this one and do it "right"
First, I want to read stories from all the paths, or at least try.
Then I want to explore different routes if there is any effect but the last Catherine sex scene was one that I didn't get activated but luckily someone advised in this thread.

There is an interesting story and characters, then you can still get to solve "puzzles" if you want or could.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
And does that mean if you choose mom for shopping then Des relationship is gone too?
No. This is only if you went shopping with Des and then told her not to kiss you. The idea being is that at that point you the player have made a purposeful decision not to pursue her. But even that might be subject to change latter on depending on how certain story beats play out.

Reactions: Sorrow85

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
No. This is only if you went shopping with Des and then told her not to kiss you. The idea being is that at that point you the player have made a purposeful decision not to pursue her. But even that might be subject to change latter on depending on how certain story beats play out.
This sounds logical for "Des" because she's the least "lesbian" of all the characters and so far Vivi hasn't been with her "properly"
Mean raw 2f2 action.

Eva and Mom sex scenes are good but I want to protect Des from all the bad things that follows her.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Locking the relationship potential with Des on the basis of one choice, is unrealistic.

I mean, hey I won't kiss you. That's it? Should just a single choice lock everything possible between the protagonist and her best friend?
Well as stated it is subject to change depending on how some story beats play out. But it's also not just a single choice. That option only appears if you have made other choices that would be putting distance between you and Des. This is just the final choice in that line where I say as the developer that the player at this point has shown they are not interested in this romance. With that being the case l. I dont want to keep shoving Des down your throats if you have been actively trying not to pursue her.

IncestMommy

Dec 9, 2017
Well as stated it is subject to change depending on how some story beats play out. But it's also not just a single choice. That option only appears if you have made other choices that would be putting distance between you and Des. This is just the final choice in that line where I say as the developer that the player at this point has shown they are not interested in this romance. With that being the case l. I dont want to keep shoving Des down your throats if you have been actively trying not to pursue her.
Glad to read it. Im fan of a mother romance. I hope for some harem ending or a rich an suspenseful romance. All girls are nice but Des is a little too vanilla for me. I like lesbian taboo. Maybe a ending wit older MC remembering her romance with mother, and looking at her own daughter...

Reactions: Alley_Cat

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
Locking the relationship potential with Des on the basis of one choice, is unrealistic.

I mean, hey I won't kiss you. That's it? Should just a single choice lock everything possible between the protagonist and her best friend?
My view is that this is a game that rewards repeated replays, because there are lots of choices which lock out activities (going to the party locks out an evening with your Mom, going with Mom locks out a threesome with Des and Rebecca).

If you play once and lock out Des, play again where you take every opportunity available...

Death_dark

Mar 16, 2019
Let's suppose that players reject Des, and Des comes to terms that she and protagonist can't have a relationship.
The story will not end though, the in-game story will continue. Des and the protagonist will continue to see each other and hang out.
And we all know heart flutters in unexpected ways, the romance that didn't came to be, could be ignited; later in the story.
Perhaps Des will pounce on the protagonist one last time, perhaps Des would want one more go before giving up on whatever it is, between them?
All I am saying is, could there be one last choice later in the story, before locking out everything Des for good.
That would give crazy freedom , to start a relationship early in the story or in the later part of the story.

Whenever I go to the latest updates page in the website, every game I see is male protagonist with no lesbian content; now that is what I think, could be referred to as being shoved down people throats.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Whenever I go to the latest updates page in the website, every game I see is male protagonist with no lesbian content; now that is what I think, could be referred to as being shoved down people throats.
I think this is because (+some)men play as if they were MC themselves.
I myself play as if I were a film director and direct characters destinies and stories etc

+MaleMC games are more popular and thats why it is good that some make FemMC games too and especially with lesbian theme.
---

Edit:
Not all men. I'm male
I knew it, I forgot some important word from there(Some men) :censored:
Ofc I didn’t mean all men.

Last edited:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I dont understand how men play as they were male Mc themselves.
Well, "It takes all kinds to make a world" maybe it works this one but I think the most important thing is to play as you actually like to play ;)

I lead Vivian to protect Des from the bad bad world.

#TeamDes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think this is because men play as if they were MC themselves.
I myself play as if I were a film director and direct characters destinies and stories etc

+MaleMC games are more popular and thats why it is good that some make FemMC games too and especially with lesbian theme.
Not all men. I'm male, but only enjoy Fem Protag games (like this one). While I've never understood the self-insert, I appreciate that some enjoy it, just not me.

And yeah, if it's Fem Protag with a purely lesbian run (like this one), even better.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
One can self insert via the choices made, since they can reflect a player's moral compass. I am not Viv but she is "my Viv" while i play the game. Same principle can be applied in other games that focus heavily on dialogue choices/consequences. :cool:

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Just adding my own two cents into the conversation.
I have never wanted to write blank slate characters that you then project onto and make decisions based on what you would do. Instead I try to write well rounded characters and have you decide what you think the character would do in any given situation.
How well I actually accomplished that is of course for you all to decide. :)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Personally I've no problem to self-insert into a male or female protagonist, I role play the MC, unless I despise him by his look (a shota or an ugly bastard for instance) or his actions/inner thoughts if they're not consistent or too far from what I would think

And I vary the choices in different games according to my mood of the moment and the game. Sometimes I play womanizer/slutty, other times I play shy or in love

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
This game is like a double-edged sword:
You play once from start to ending and perhaps you get nothing.
You play a second or more times so it gives you what ever you want.

As GGGB, the best thing is not the destination but all the path you could will find.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Mention in the Hall of Fame

-----
Small suggestion, can you include the ability to name saves in the next version? There are so many paths to go down in this game and I think it would be tremendously beneficial if we could name our saves to remember which is which. There are a few other games that have this feature and it's very helpful. Also, upping the number of save slots per page could be useful a well.
Your wish has been heard:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
How to get Eva sex scene going to party with Des?
These Eva routes are always a pain in the ass :LOL:

At least you must go with Beca but I can't say, I tried many different routes and on one route where you come out of Becan's place back to the party and you meet Eve so here the game ends (on this route Des is in the bathroom)
Des gets easily.

----
Remember when Mom said Vivi's father was a "bed-hopper"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He literally fu*k everything that move., well if we ever get a game that tells of Vivia's father then the friends of incest games are veery happy :D

-----

BlackWebGames There are one glitch what I find out:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But this does not always come :unsure:
I don’t know if it affects how much alcohol you drink at a party(Just my hunch)

Edit:
Well this was interesting, on one route, Vivian moved to Des dorm but you can also choose Eva.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackWebGames
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes