Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
As for the other point (which I'm glad to be wrong about), it was calling it an "Interactive Comic" that threw me. Sorry about that.
Now I'm interested in this. Will wait for the next update :)
Interactive Comic sounds a lot like what Visual Novels are in this genre... Unless he/she is talking about how the main story will be presented, in a more comic window type feel? Or it could involve lots of drama like in a lot of comics? That is really a vague statement... For now it feels like a normal Erotic/Adult Visual Novel, and it looks fine...

Reactions: RomanHume

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well, game is not playable at this moment, as it says in description barebone story. It has potential, that's for sure.
I went ahead and replayed the game with it's current version, and it's pretty much just character introductions as well as some teasing of story to come... The main plot/story hasn't started rolling yet... But I agree, it still shows potential... I went ahead and updated my review for v0.5.1...

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
just saying...

we pass from patient zero ( MC male patient as main character)
to Dr Amanda : sexual therapist ( wich let suppose that the MC is not the father/patient, but the doctor )

its a bit confusing imho

i think the best title will be simply "sex therapy"

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
just saying...

we pass from patient zero ( MC male patient as main character)
to Dr Amanda : sexual therapist ( wich let suppose that the MC is not the father/patient, but the doctor )

its a bit confusing imho

i think the best title will be simply "sex therapy"
The main protagonist is definitely the male patient, with the Doctor taking the narrator's seat (pushing the plot along when needed by listening to the protagonist)... I think the reason they went with the title change, is because they have long term plans for this VN to be One of a series of VN's using the same technique, having the Doctor as the narrator listening to different patients stories, in each VN...

Using Patient Zero as a title, runs the risk of someone else using a similar if not the same title for unrelated stories, as it is too common place of a term...

Downhilldown

Dec 6, 2017
I went ahead and replayed the game with it's current version, and it's pretty much just character introductions as well as some teasing of story to come... The main plot/story hasn't started rolling yet... But I agree, it still shows potential... I went ahead and updated my review for v0.5.1...
btw i like your reviews

Reactions: Zippity

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
correct me if i am wrong but...the last time that i see and update for this game was some days ago? i cant remember like yesterday or 3 or 4 days but. it was a 0.0.9 Vs. and now it is beta 0.5.1. wow i have to give it a try again i think.

Falcon2000

Oct 30, 2017
correct me if i am wrong but...the last time that i see and update for this game was some days ago? i cant remember like yesterday or 3 or 4 days but. it was a 0.0.9 Vs. and now it is beta 0.5.1. wow i have to give it a try again i think.
It's been at 4.1 for a couple weeks I believe, they are updating quite frequently, but small updates. Nothing wrong with that, of course - let's everyone see constant progress if nothing else, no accusations of them abandoning the project. It's a nice little teaser at the moment, as has been mentioned mainly getting you introduced to the characters, and giving a little setup for the story to come. I will say I like that the women are more realistic - fantasy body proportions are nice... sometimes. It's nice to have an alternative, and many games lack/ignore that reality. And yes, I'm fully aware of the irony of discussing reality vs fantasy in the context of many games that have very fantasy based settings. Still - watermelon tits and a double-kardashian ass aren't everyone's cup of fantasy tea, so big props to the devs for being more inclusive of "girl next door" types

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
It's been at 4.1 for a couple weeks I believe, they are updating quite frequently, but small updates. Nothing wrong with that, of course - let's everyone see constant progress if nothing else, no accusations of them abandoning the project. It's a nice little teaser at the moment, as has been mentioned mainly getting you introduced to the characters, and giving a little setup for the story to come. I will say I like that the women are more realistic - fantasy body proportions are nice... sometimes. It's nice to have an alternative, and many games lack/ignore that reality. And yes, I'm fully aware of the irony of discussing reality vs fantasy in the context of many games that have very fantasy based settings. Still - watermelon tits and a double-kardashian ass aren't everyone's cup of fantasy tea, so big props to the devs for being more inclusive of "girl next door" types
Well, they may not be way out of proportion, which I agree is a nicety, but most folks in this world don't look like they could be models and/or super models either, with skinny wastes and perfect proportions... I don't want to see obese women, but at least cover a few more bases on body sizes in these things sometimes... :p

Falcon2000

Oct 30, 2017
Well, they may not be way out of proportion, which I agree is a nicety, but most folks in this world don't look like they could be models and/or super models either, with skinny wastes and perfect proportions... I don't want to see obese women, but at least cover a few more bases on body sizes in these things sometimes... :p
Fair enough. I'm a fat bastard so I'm the last one to body shame. But they do more than many games on here. I agree though. I can't stand super thin ladies. Alwsys feel like im going to break em if i hug em more than the lightest touch

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
i agree with the semi realistic way they decide to handle the game, but i do not like the small updates overall. i have just played the first alpha that they release and i saw potential in it. but after that i havent see with my own all the updates that they have been releasing just for the small updates idea, i like that they are updating the game like every 1 or 3 days. maybe a week. but i cant just download every version that they posted with a small change, im pretty aware that the game that i saw at the begin its not the same as it is today, i know that many people did test and play every update so im glad that they didnt stop an continue working on it that hard as it is today

Falcon2000

Oct 30, 2017
i agree with the semi realistic way they decide to handle the game, but i do not like the small updates overall. i have just played the first alpha that they release and i saw potential in it. but after that i havent see with my own all the updates that they have been releasing just for the small updates idea, i like that they are updating the game like every 1 or 3 days. maybe a week. but i cant just download every version that they posted with a small change, im pretty aware that the game that i saw at the begin its not the same as it is today, i know that many people did test and play every update so im glad that they didnt stop an continue working on it that hard as it is today
I like that they're this active with development, but I'm not going to be downloading each update - my advice is think of it as a rolling/evolving tech demo/proof of concept and "demo" more than a partially complete game. At least for the short term. As they get more content, it will get more toward game and less a teaser/intro. At this stage I'd say grab a version, see if you like the story they're setting up, then let it percolate for a while. At the rate they're going it looks like one to keep an eye on down the road in my book.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
This was already explained by Dev. Once the stage of presentation of the characters finishes, each story will become more complex and the releases more separated in time.
And that will happen inevitably by necessity. The introductory scenes for each character don't have a lot of variables influencing them, but as we get further along in the story, players previous choices will direct the tale down different routes. This will require two, sometimes three versions of a scene that will have to be written and rendered independently. They will be much more robust than the introductions. When that happens, we'll probably be looking at more of a three to four week update period.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Get to the semi animated shower scene and turned on idle clicker and set it to 1/100 S and went to town like speedy Gonzales right after that she says that he's a stallion.

Looking forward to Cassie's friends one thing that might suck though is that both of Cassie's friend will be in the same category as Cassie is because they were all there so the one won't be listed as a rebel. Maybe I'll see if I can alter that later when the new update comes out.

patient001-0.5.1 was pretty good can't wait till the next one.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Not always, but a lot of the times in recent years, with the onset of patron websites, a lot of developers find it more fiscally appealing to piece mail out their product over a long period of time, in order to milk that cow for more money... There are also developers who just don't have the manpower or inclination to outsource some of their work in order to rapidly develop their product fast enough, so it's much easier to piece mail it, with the added benefit of getting some feedback, positive or negative, in order to gauge their work... Then there are developers who only make these things as a side hobby, something they do for fun without worrying about time tables or income, so it doesn't get developed very quickly that way... There are a lot of variables that come into play with these things, especially if the infrastructure isn't there as well... It's been this way with this genre/industry (if you even want to call it an industry) for years... It's just become the nature of the beast, as it were...

And I agree with Falcon, and I don't download every update... If it looks like there has been enough changes based on either the version number, and/or change notes, and/or suggestions by other readers/players, then I'll replay after a couple patches... Mostly to see if it is improving, or becoming worse, or if it might be something I want to keep tabs on over the long haul...

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
They'll probably be coming slower now that all introductions are done and now the meaty parts that'll take longer now are starting instead.

TheMann421

May 13, 2017
I enjoyed the style of game they present. Several connected stories but not a linear forced path.
The CGs are solid, but the animations arent fantastic however, that's not a big deal to me.

As it is, the story is a compelling intro that I'd love to check back on.

My main problem is that the "screenshots" on the first page are downright misleading. Two of the screenshots aren't even in the game (I checked), and the remaining ones are basically all of the adult content. Would be better to have maybe 1 so people can see the quality of the CGs, but having a bunch (or virtually all of them) makes it look like the game has way more content than it does.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I enjoyed the style of game they present. Several connected stories but not a linear forced path.
The CGs are solid, but the animations arent fantastic however, that's not a big deal to me.

My main problem is that the "screenshots" on the first page are downright misleading. Two of the screenshots aren't even in the game (I checked), and the remaining ones are basically all of the adult content. Would be better to have maybe 1 so people can see the quality of the CGs, but having a bunch (or virtually all of them) makes it look like the game has way more content than it does.
I've seen lots of visual novels/games, especially Ren'py ones using images not found in the actual gameplay... Usually they are test pictures, special event pictures, pictures taken during development, etc... It's sort of like seeing a Movie Poster... Not always do the pictures used actually appear in the movie... I agree though, it can be a bit misleading sometimes... But I never think there is more content then what is actually in it from the main menu picture, or advertisement picture... I look at those more as examples of artwork style... Even though on occasion, some VN/games have a much better intro picture then the actual content... lol...

Reactions: TheMann421

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Well, leaving aside that the Dev didn't make this thread, that's part of the basics of the advertisement. Movie trailers are often much better than the movies themselves.

4.40 star(s) 78 Votes