Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
I haven't played this yet, though I plan to, but wanted to say that I really appreciate the developer stating they would make some of the content so it could be switched off or easily avoided. There are some things that others enjoy in a game that I don't and it's nice to have a game people with different tastes can all get the full enjoyment out of.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
So, I was awarded the "Rickrolled" trophy by this site. In the middle of the day it kept forwarding me to that infamous video every time I visited a F95 page.

Kept trying to get into this topic, so wondered if it was something to do with Dr. Amana :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So, I was awarded the "Rickrolled" trophy by this site. In the middle of the day it kept forwarding me to that infamous video every time I visited a F95 page.

Kept trying to get into this topic, so wondered if it was something to do with Dr. Amana :)
I got it from another one, they did a fake update for a game, and the DL links to it were for that.

Reactions: RomanHume and fried

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I set everything up in Daz and then imported to Blender. I applied the Blender Materials I put together for Cassie on, and then I added a Mapping and Bump Node to the couch and Pillows. The remainder I just left using the Blender default because I was planning on the background being blurry and not having much detail anyway.

I didn't think the process was too painful and the whole transfer just took a couple of minutes.

What I need to do is find a way to mark the camera position in Daz and so that when I export to Blender the camera's align.

At some point I'll work on just place a simple Geometric object on the camera in Daz and then snapping the camera in Blender to it. Rotate it towards the subject, and voila, it should work. (at least in theory).
How do you import DAZ characters in Blender? I am in fact looking for ways to bring some characters from these games into Second Life where i can play with them much easier than in DAZ or Blender and can make pictures, comics or even mods of some games a lot easier than in DAZ. Second Life renders permanently so there is no need to lose hours or days to render an image. Just take screenshots.. click and save. That's all. Plus there are thousands of worlds and sceneries of all kinds that can be used, a good lighting/weather system and several effects available there. In fact I can not understand why all developers stick with DAZ instead of saving a lot of time doing the work in such "virtual worlds" like Second Life or Open Sim where all the hard work from DAZ can be made much quicker and with maybe not exactly as perfect image quality as the renders in DAZ but .. very near to that!!! Second Life requires a COLLADA (DAE) format for mesh avatars to be uploaded there but I can not find a way to convert DAZ (.duf) files to collada (or at least to FBX or OBJ or anything else that can be then further converted to DAE). However, as far as I know, Blender can export in collada format! But I can not see an import option for DAZ files.. So if there is a way to import the avatars of certain characters from some of these games here into Blender, I could then export them from Blender as DAE files and upload them in Second Life. That would be great! But the avatars should be in their final and complete version so as they look in the game, with skin, hair, shape, genitals, makeup and all (but naked). And rigged! I should also say that I have no idea how to use DAZ but I am in Second Life since 12 years and kinda "guru" there lol. As for Blender, I get headaches each time i try to use it but at least i know how to import and export in Blender (plus a few simple tricks lol). Any insight in this matter would be very helpful for me! Thanks in advance.

Reactions: RomanHume

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
How do you import DAZ characters in Blender? I am in fact looking for ways to bring some characters from these games into Second Life where i can play with them much easier than in DAZ or Blender and can make pictures, comics or even mods of some games a lot easier than in DAZ. Second Life renders permanently so there is no need to lose hours or days to render an image. Just take screenshots.. click and save. That's all. Plus there are thousands of worlds and sceneries of all kinds that can be used, a good lighting/weather system and several effects available there. In fact I can not understand why all developers stick with DAZ instead of saving a lot of time doing the work in such "virtual worlds" like Second Life or Open Sim where all the hard work from DAZ can be made much quicker and with maybe not exactly as perfect image quality as the renders in DAZ but .. very near to that!!! Second Life requires a COLLADA (DAE) format for mesh avatars to be uploaded there but I can not find a way to convert DAZ (.duf) files to collada (or at least to FBX or OBJ or anything else that can be then further converted to DAE). However, as far as I know, Blender can export in collada format! But I can not see an import option for DAZ files.. So if there is a way to import the avatars of certain characters from some of these games here into Blender, I could then export them from Blender as DAE files and upload them in Second Life. That would be great! But the avatars should be in their final and complete version so as they look in the game, with skin, hair, shape, genitals, makeup and all (but naked). And rigged! I should also say that I have no idea how to use DAZ but I am in Second Life since 12 years and kinda "guru" there lol. As for Blender, I get headaches each time i try to use it but at least i know how to import and export in Blender (plus a few simple tricks lol). Any insight in this matter would be very helpful for me! Thanks in advance.
There are a lot of tutorials for it, or you could try something like this...

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
There are a lot of tutorials for it, or you could try something like this...

Thanks, interesting, I will check it out carefully. The problem is that I have no idea how to make those characters look like in the games IN DAZ. It's however good that, if i have them (made by someone else), i can export them to DAE directly! I didn't know that.. I see however that this daz to blender program works with Genesis8 characters, while as far as I know the most popular characters in games are Genesis3 or maybe 6..

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks, interesting, I will check it out carefully. The problem is that I have no idea how to make those characters look like in the games IN DAZ. It's however good that, if i have them (made by someone else), i can export them to DAE directly! I didn't know that.. I see however that this daz to blender program works with Genesis8 characters, while as far as I know the most popular characters in games are Genesis3 or maybe 6..
In daz, it is a matter of what morphs you have, but the general idea is just a more complicated version of making a character in any game, like the sims or whatever.

Daz has Genesis, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen8. Each gen adds more geometry, and makes things more detailed and smooth, at the cost of needing more processing power to manipulate and render. You do see things like Victoria 7 Lee 5, etc. but those are all still using the Gen3 base models.

There are also convertors for them, most require Smart Content to be enabled. If you are making your own though, it doesn't really matter, other than what clothing and poses you can get, but even then, you can use them with some work... It will take some tweaking and effort though.

You should let the power of your system decide what gen you use. If you have a good CPU and video card, then go with 8, if not, stick to 3 ...or less. Gen3 gets used so often because the assets are cheaper, they are easier to render on low end systems, and they have been out longer. That last one affects things in two ways, one if the game is older, Gen8 might not have been around yet so they were not able to use them, and it also means that there are more clothing and pose assets to choose from, though more Gen8 stuff is coming out every day, and a lot of set pieces work with anything.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
In daz, it is a matter of what morphs you have, but the general idea is just a more complicated version of making a character in any game, like the sims or whatever.

Daz has Genesis, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen8. Each gen adds more geometry, and makes things more detailed and smooth, at the cost of needing more processing power to manipulate and render. You do see things like Victoria 7 Lee 5, etc. but those are all still using the Gen3 base models.

There are also convertors for them, most require Smart Content to be enabled. If you are making your own though, it doesn't really matter, other than what clothing and poses you can get, but even then, you can use them with some work... It will take some tweaking and effort though.

You should let the power of your system decide what gen you use. If you have a good CPU and video card, then go with 8, if not, stick to 3 ...or less. Gen3 gets used so often because the assets are cheaper, they are easier to render on low end systems, and they have been out longer. That last one affects things in two ways, one if the game is older, Gen8 might not have been around yet so they were not able to use them, and it also means that there are more clothing and pose assets to choose from, though more Gen8 stuff is coming out every day, and a lot of set pieces work with anything.
Yes .. but this sounds very complicated to me compared to how things work in Second Life. Maybe because I know SL but i don't know DAZ.. Anyway SL has clear advantages, one of the most important being that all characters are rezzed instantly.. no need to use computer and graphic power and spend a lot of time for just one picture. Just a click to make a screenshot any time.. And the image quality (depending on your computer specs) is really good! Mostly since SL introduced mesh avatars few years ago, all look great allover. Plus tens of thousands of "locations" already there which you can use. No copyright on any of them as backgrounds and such, only if you wanted to copy them and sell them lol. And since i am in SL since 12 years I have mesh bodies, different self made shapes, tons of clothes and thousands of animations. This being also a big advantage in SL! Let an animation play and take for instance a Gyazo animated screenshot and.. thats it .. What I don't have however (but trying to find ways for that) are such sexual organs like in DAZ. I mean there are cocks and pussies in SL and they look good but they won't do what they do in DAZ (open close, move up and down or "morph" by handjobs, etc)..

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yes .. but this sounds very complicated to me compared to how things work in Second Life. Maybe because I know SL but i don't know DAZ.. Anyway SL has clear advantages, one of the most important being that all characters are rezzed instantly.. no need to use computer and graphic power and spend a lot of time for just one picture. Just a click to make a screenshot any time.. And the image quality (depending on your computer specs) is really good! Mostly since SL introduced mesh avatars few years ago, all look great allover. Plus tens of thousands of "locations" already there which you can use. No copyright on any of them as backgrounds and such, only if you wanted to copy them and sell them lol. And since i am in SL since 12 years I have mesh bodies, different self made shapes, tons of clothes and thousands of animations. This being also a big advantage in SL! Let an animation play and take for instance a Gyazo animated screenshot and.. thats it .. What I don't have however (but trying to find ways for that) are such sexual organs like in DAZ. I mean there are cocks and pussies in SL and they look good but they won't do what they do in DAZ (open close, move up and down or "morph" by handjobs, etc)..
It might seem that way, but you really are using graphic power on that game as well, the principal is the same, the only real difference is the level of detail and control.

You could, in theory, also take screen shots of daz or blender, but you will not get the same level of quality as you would get with an actual render, even if you use the render preview mode. You also have a number of render engines and each one of them handles things like light and reflections, differently.

Many people use Illusion software for a lot of these games, like Koikatu, Honey Select, or Home Play, they come with a studio you can use to design your own sets and what not. All depends on what you have to work with, and what you want to do. Even with daz, in order to get intricate control on the genitals, you need addons, like Dicktator, or Golden Palace.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
It might seem that way, but you really are using graphic power on that game as well, the principal is the same, the only real difference is the level of detail and control.

You could, in theory, also take screen shots of daz or blender, but you will not get the same level of quality as you would get with an actual render, even if you use the render preview mode. You also have a number of render engines and each one of them handles things like light and reflections, differently.

Many people use Illusion software for a lot of these games, like Koikatu, Honey Select, or Home Play, they come with a studio you can use to design your own sets and what not. All depends on what you have to work with, and what you want to do. Even with daz, in order to get intricate control on the genitals, you need addons, like Dicktator, or Golden Palace.
And how do they render the animations in DAZ? Frame by frame and spend hours to render each frame? I really think the slight difference in image quality is not worth so much trouble..
And yes of course i also use computer power on running SL but just some half of my 16 RAM and my Geforce 1050 ti holds ok. What I don't lose however is .. TIME! I can take pix any time anywhere in a second. Just click and go .. :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And how do they render the animations in DAZ? Frame by frame and spend hours to render each frame? I really think the slight difference in image quality is not worth so much trouble..
And yes of course i also use computer power on running SL but just some half of my 16 RAM and my Geforce 1050 ti holds ok. What I don't lose however is .. TIME! I can take pix any time anywhere in a second. Just click and go .. :)
Yeah, that is usually how it goes, not to mention a lot of touch up work in photoshop after the fact, and if one thing goes wrong, you may have to redo most of it. As for worth the trouble, it depends on what you want, your hardware and the render engine, and what matters most to you. For example, here is a necklace pendant I made, rendered in a quick screen shot like situation, and that exact same piece rendered in daz's iRay.
SabbatLogo2.png Shiny Sabbat Sign.png

Your hardware and the render settings also make a huge difference. This one took me 29sec. to render.
1586315277351.png
This exact same character, rendered with different settings, took me 23.5min on the same hardware.
mc 23m26s.png

Most people tend to set those renders up, and let them run while they sleep or do other things. My goal is to build a second box to work on while this one is rendering.

Don't get me wrong, I am not telling you to use Daz, in fact I honestly can't stand it, but I have a pretty easy time making people in it, compared to Blender, and I like iRay's metal effects, but you should use what works for you. I think there already is a game using second life, and at least one using the sims, so you know, go for what you want. There is room for all kinds.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Yeah, that is usually how it goes, not to mention a lot of touch up work in photoshop after the fact, and if one thing goes wrong, you may have to redo most of it. As for worth the trouble, it depends on what you want, your hardware and the render engine, and what matters most to you. For example, here is a necklace pendant I made, rendered in a quick screen shot like situation, and that exact same piece rendered in daz's iRay.
View attachment 612989 View attachment 612991

Your hardware and the render settings also make a huge difference. This one took me 29sec. to render.
View attachment 612993
This exact same character, rendered with different settings, took me 23.5min on the same hardware.
View attachment 612995

Most people tend to set those renders up, and let them run while they sleep or do other things. My goal is to build a second box to work on while this one is rendering.

Don't get me wrong, I am not telling you to use Daz, in fact I honestly can't stand it, but I have a pretty easy time making people in it, compared to Blender, and I like iRay's metal effects, but you should use what works for you. I think there already is a game using second life, and at least one using the sims, so you know, go for what you want. There is room for all kinds.
I would never get the images in SL so unsharp like the first necklace image. But also not so sharp like the second.. As for the second portrait that took 23 minutes to render, i wouldn't want my images to look like that. Maybe more like the first portrait.
I would like to go on with this discussion and to also show you a few static and animated images I made in SL to compare the quality but I'm afraid this would be out of topic in this thread. How about going on in an art assets or fan art thread? Is there one where you usually participate? Like "Big Brother: Art Assets" or "Dating My Daughter: Fan Art" for instance..

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I would never get the images in SL so unsharp like the first necklace image. But also not so sharp like the second.. As for the second portrait that took 23 minutes to render, i wouldn't want my images to look like that. Maybe more like the first portrait.
I would like to go on with this discussion and to also show you a few static and animated images I made in SL to compare the quality but I'm afraid this would be out of topic in this thread. How about going on in an art assets or fan art thread? Is there one where you usually participate? Like "Big Brother: Art Assets" or "Dating My Daughter: Fan Art" for instance..
For most of these programs, the most important thing is lighting, and those were rendered not using any, that was just the default headlamp (or tester light), which really sucks. Most people also do some post-possessing work on the images after they are done (also something I haven't really learned yet).

Feel free to send me a private message [Start Conversation], and we can chat about anything you need.

4.40 star(s) 78 Votes