3.90 star(s) 63 Votes
Feb 25, 2024
He could release the next update in small parts. :BootyTime:
When I assessed the delivery deadlines with you, I was negatively surprised by the delivery time for these initial chapters. What's worse is that the time only tends to increase with the later chapters.

Comparing with another DEV I support during this same period, practically delivered a complete game in 16 episodes. I know it doesn't even compare to the rendering quality of this project with the one in question, but sometimes I think that focusing too much on very high-quality rendering may become unfeasible in the future.

Reactions: The Krogan Dude

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
When I assessed the delivery deadlines with you, I was negatively surprised by the delivery time for these initial chapters. What's worse is that the time only tends to increase with the later chapters.

Comparing with another DEV I support during this same period, practically delivered a complete game in 16 episodes. I know it doesn't even compare to the rendering quality of this project with the one in question, but sometimes I think that focusing too much on very high-quality rendering may become unfeasible in the future.
IMO, It's not really practical to compare one project's dev cycle to another because there are so many variables. Hardware... skill... attention to detail... workflow... how many people are on the team... dayjobs... other irl complications... etc... So I always give the dev the benefit of the doubt. I'll compare and criticize the shit out of the game content itself, but not the dev cycles. I think the dev should always work at their own pace at whatever pace their schedule allows, which is going to be different from person to person. The good news is there are more good VNs worth following popping up all the time, so it dampens the wait somewhat.

As far as the high-quality renders, I think people tend to scrutinize these more because these types of VNs are pretty rare if you consider the typical fare that gets posted on F95. I think any given month, I mark as ignored something like 300+ 2D/anime/furry garbage, AI trash, or low-effort DAZ projects with nightmare-inducing posing... and it seems like there's maybe 1 or 2 new VNs with quality renders that are worth even looking at in that time frame if I'm lucky. Coincidentally, it's the ones where the dev didn't cut corners that get people's attention, and those are the ones that tend to take the most time and effort to produce... and inevitably draw in the malcontents along with the supporters.

Reactions: TREXrg and yossa999

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023

Just my personal opinion. I play for the story, not the fapping, so am happy to sacrifice a little quality of the renders to get the story out. Don't get me wrong, I don't even touch the real low quality ones. they still have to be nice. The renders in this one are outstanding and I love them, but could live with a little lower quality to get quicker updates. But, I'm not complaining. We get what we get.

Feb 25, 2024
IMO, It's not really practical to compare one project's dev cycle to another because there are so many variables. Hardware... skill... attention to detail... workflow... how many people are on the team... dayjobs... other irl complications... etc... So I always give the dev the benefit of the doubt. I'll compare and criticize the shit out of the game content itself, but not the dev cycles. I think the dev should always work at their own pace at whatever pace their schedule allows, which is going to be different from person to person. The good news is there are more good VNs worth following popping up all the time, so it dampens the wait somewhat.

As far as the high-quality renders, I think people tend to scrutinize these more because these types of VNs are pretty rare if you consider the typical fare that gets posted on F95. I think any given month, I mark as ignored something like 300+ 2D/anime/furry garbage, AI trash, or low-effort DAZ projects with nightmare-inducing posing... and it seems like there's maybe 1 or 2 new VNs with quality renders that are worth even looking at in that time frame if I'm lucky. Coincidentally, it's the ones where the dev didn't cut corners that get people's attention, and those are the ones that tend to take the most time and effort to produce... and inevitably draw in the malcontents along with the supporters.
My comparison was more about my investment in the project and the return, and my question was whether it would be worth continuing to invest in a project where the development cycle ends up being longer than 6 months.

I think I'll do what a user recommended, for those projects where the delivery deadline is too long, I'll just pay upon release in the launching month.

Reactions: TREXrg

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024

Summer's Gone took 5 years to release 5 complete chapters, if all supporters thought that way the game wouldn't even come out of chapter 1! After you play a beautiful game, other games with half-assed renderings... They start to be very ugly.

Reactions: Schattenlust

kefemylah0

Jun 8, 2024
Quick question this is my first time download a game like this on pc once I've downloaded it how am i able to play it?

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Quick question this is my first time download a game like this on pc once I've downloaded it how am i able to play it?
Hey buddy.

Extract it into a folder somewhere on your computer. Open the folder with the game. If it's this game it will be called "Dreamland-v0.2.7-pc". Double click the Dreamland.exe file and welcome to the world of AVNs.

kefemylah0

Jun 8, 2024
Hey buddy.

Extract it into a folder somewhere on your computer. Open the folder with the game. If it's this game it will be called "Dreamland-v0.2.7-pc". Double click the Dreamland.exe file and welcome to the world of AVNs.

I did that but it just came up with this Screenshot (1).png

kefemylah0

Jun 8, 2024
Looks like it's still zipped. If it is a ZIP file, Go back up one folder to the 'Dreamland-v0.2.7-pc' and drag that folder into your documents or pictures or videos or wherever you want to keep it. That will extract it.

Tried that didn't work. I don't think i did it right if you downloaded the game did take around 20 minutes or should it have been longer? Do i have to download an app to open it or no because it still does the same as in the screenshot above.

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
Tried that didn't work. I don't think i did it right if you downloaded the game did take around 20 minutes or shouldit have been longer?
I couldn't tell you sorry, all depends on your internet speed. All the files look like they are there. Is it a zip file or 7s file?

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
ok so which do select
"Extract..." will give you options as to where to extract the files to.
"Extract here" will skip that and just extract them into the folder the archive/zip file is currently saved in
"Extract to Dreamland..." will do the same as "Extract here", but create a new folder to extract the files into first.

So it depends on where you want the game to be saved, really.

Reactions: Don Sucio
3.90 star(s) 63 Votes