• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
As predicted... THE SEEDS ARE PLANTED.

Here we go.PNG

Fatcat17 is making his exit in 2-3 weeks. If Fatcat17 doesn't finish the animations, it won't matter. He's out of the picture by that point, and Gumdrop will be "forced" to find a new animator to finish this work... adding even more time to this seemingly endless clock.

We're staring at the abyss here people...

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
As predicted... THE SEEDS ARE PLANTED.

View attachment 497383

Fatcat17 is making his exit in 2-3 weeks. If Fatcat17 doesn't finish the animations, it won't matter. He's out of the picture by that point, and Gumdrop will be "forced" to find a new animator to finish this work... adding even more time to this seemingly endless clock.

We're staring at the abyss here people...
Don Milking in action

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
Oh my God! This guy is wonderful, almost 2 years without updating the game and still charges more than 8000 dollars every month from his kind donors.
Someone should include it in the guinnes. Believe it or not!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kermit79

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Oh my God! This guy is wonderful, almost 2 years without updating the game and still charges more than 8000 dollars every month from his kind donors.
Someone should include it in the guinnes. Believe it or not!
Actually it's a "donate" system,. so he doesn't charge anyone anything. That people want to toss their money away is on them though. The correct term would be collecting donations, if any.

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
You can call it what you want, Gumdrop is still a scammer and I still think someone should include it in the guinness. In addition people still believe in him which is no small matter.
I just hope that people who finance their vacations (game development should have said) can ever see another update and not just pinups. and I don't mean Christmas specials.

Reactions: Deadshot101
Jan 9, 2019
So yeah, it would be abuse of the system to report him for not creating anything.
Why does it bother you that a known scammer is being reported? I wasn't gonna report him on Patreon but now I will. Hopefully more people here will do the same.

"Creating" isn't posting a few images every few months. With your logic every scammer who spends a few minutes every 3 months rendering random images can be called a "creator". His Patreon is clear about what he "creates": a supposed game. But he isn't creating it. Period.

Why would you defend this? his game also features rape, which Patreon doesn't allow.

Last edited:

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
well the animation isn't bad tho. Quite nice and natural movement. I will give him that atleast.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
This thread has more content then the game itself i get some popcorn.. :whistle: :devilish: Well maybe fatcat will now scam gumdrops and off he goes .. :whistle: btw his game was fine without animations i dont really see why he need to postpone it any longer.. just release it current state and release the animations at a later date.. that was not to hard was it ?? :cautious:

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Why does it bother you that a known scammer is being reported? I wasn't gonna report him on Patreon but now I will. Hopefully more people here will do the same.

"Creating" isn't posting a few images every few months. With your logic every scammer who spends a few minutes every 3 months rendering random images can be called a "creator". His Patreon is clear about what he "creates": a supposed game. But he isn't creating it. Period.

Why would you defend this? his game also features rape, which Patreon doesn't allow.
I guess you a backer of his then? Reporting someone on Patreon, as a "concerned citizen" seems short coming. Oh think of the poor hapless people....

Between such and people tattling on creators over content etc. Wouldn't really be surprised if Patreon one day toss out all adult content.

What's next WinterW ? File a complaint with the police? A lawsuit? Would have, could have, should have.. oh so many things.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018

So by your logic then, anyone who spends anytime rendering something in Blender/Daz/Max or whatever other program every month or so, that doesn't make them a creator? Creating content doesn't make you a content creator I guess. It doesn't take a "few minutes" to render something out; you don't know what you're talking about coming out with something like that.

And yes, it does contain rape, it's avoidable but I suppose rape nonetheless, but you obviously don't care that there's rape but that it's another excuse for you to report Gumdrop, it's always been in the game and yet nobody had reported him previously, yet now you're suggesting reporting for whatever reason you want to come up with because you're personally unhappy and consider him to be a scammer.

Spend 2 minutes to do some research to find it's been a good while since his last proper release, if you then choose to give him money per month but complain that it's taking too long later, that's on you, you knew it had been a while but decided to give money to him. Just stop pledging, simple, if people choose to do so anyway, it's their problem to deal with.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
And yes, it does contain rape, it's avoidable but I suppose rape nonetheless, but you obviously don't care that there's rape but that it's another excuse for you to report Gumdrop, it's always been in the game and yet nobody had reported him previously, yet now you're suggesting reporting for whatever reason you want to come up with because you're personally unhappy and consider him to be a scammer.
definition of scammer/con man: a person who commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme.
or
a man who cheats or tricks someone by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true.

The majority of Gumdrops pledges/donations can be presumed to be for the game Dual family, not his pin up packs, not his lame long handed bull shit excuses but the game itself. Now how many times has he promised a release date for his game? at least 3 concrete dates, and a lot of other soft release dates.

Now by announcing these release dates it does build a sense of anticipation and talk amongst the fan base, likely driving up subscriber numbers and therefore income, which can be seen with the big increase in September followed by a drop and then a increase in December again (both listed as release dates)....

The September release was postponed mere days before its actual release date as the animations would seep over the deadline, then it turns out that none of them were actually ready. These were apparently been worked on as of Christmas last year, yet after 9 months none were complete and only a small fraction had even been posed.

With such a high level of work still to be done why wasn't this delay announced much much earlier? Why were coming soon posts hyping the release still coming out? He wants people's money that's why. Yep his patreons are all fools and thats on them but to argue that this guy isn't a scammer by this point seems quite redundant as everything he has done for the last 18 months at least has been dishonest and designed to make people believe his game is mere weeks away when at no point has that been true.

As for the reporting part, well its pointless as patreon want their free money as well so until he actually breaks their guidelines (literally 10 seconds after release) then they wont do shit....... oh and it must be a coincidence that both you and Abby on the DF discord have started complaining about the same thing at pretty much the exact same time.... surely it must be a coincidence.......

Last edited:

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
oh and it must be a coincidence that both you and Abby on the DF discord have started complaining about the same thing at pretty much the exact same time.... surely it must be a coincidence.......
Maybe, we're the same person! Oh my god, you've cracked the Da Vinci Code! We could be the same person, we could be two different people, two different people that know each other and have similar opinions, maybe. Maybe.

Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Maybe, we're the same person! Oh my god, you've cracked the Da Vinci Code! We could be the same person, we could be two different people, two different people that know each other and have similar opinions, maybe. Maybe.
When the village start run out of arguments they start a "burn the witch" process... Welcome to the club, :p Anyone found having other opinions, or see things in a different light, must clearly be someone else than they are....

Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

pkgbest13

Mar 11, 2019
Gumdrop has been leading the mice for how long? and the lame-ass videos are all he has, I gave him two months and he delivered nothing so I stopped "Donating" glad I did..."Where's the Beef???" or in this case the "Bearded Clams???"

meowsasuke

Dec 27, 2017
last i played this game was dec 2017 like how big is the update gonna be 20gb? plus this animator i dont think this is ever coming out

Jan 9, 2019
So by your logic then, anyone who spends anytime rendering something in Blender/Daz/Max or whatever other program every month or so, that doesn't make them a creator? Creating content doesn't make you a content creator I guess. It doesn't take a "few minutes" to render something out; you don't know what you're talking about coming out with something like that.

Spend 2 minutes to do some research to find it's been a good while since his last proper release, if you then choose to give him money per month but complain that it's taking too long later, that's on you, you knew it had been a while but decided to give money to him. Just stop pledging, simple, if people choose to do so anyway, it's their problem to deal with.
It literally takes a "few minutes" to do what he is doing. Even many people on the fan art threads of this site have done more work than what this dipshit has done in the last 2 years. Literally any random non-noob dev here does more in a month than what this scammer did in over 2 years. I'm very clear about it in my post where I linked literally everything he did in almost 2 years: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/post-2398851

I challenge you to read it and then come back and tell me that he is "working" as opposed to rendering a few extremely easy to render images every 3 months without any new asset to keep the scam going.

Why do we keep getting shills here? this guy has to be one of the scammer's personal shills. I refuse to believe that a rational person would look at all the evidence and think that this piece of shit isn't a scammer. This shill also suddenly appeared as the scammer drops yet another "marketing" bait full of holes.

Please, if you can report this scammer on Patreon for not creating, and for his game containing rape. It costs you nothing and it seems like this triggered the shills quite badly.

EDIT: just saw the videos, lmfao :ROFLMAO:. I have no doubts there won't ever be a "release" again. He is still using the same tactics I detail in the link above (recycling old assets and old scenes, while overly blurring and zooming in to conceal lack of assets, lack of work done, lack of scene set up).

He virtually has no work done after 2 years, otherwise his promotional content wouldn't be so pathetically bad, and it would at least include new assets. Can't believe people keep falling for this garbage. This dude is not doing any work, don't give him a cent and move on.

If you still don't believe me, show any dev worth his salt everything this scammer did in over 2 years and he/she would laugh in your face. There is no way a person who is currently working in the game, as opposed to exclusively using it as a low effort side gig to scam people after having moved on with his life, would consistently fail to present evidence of work done and fail to learn new skills (like animating) AFTER 2 YEARS OF CLAIMING TO BE WORKING ON IT. Much higher quality games (both in rendering and writing) have been literally started and finished in that time span.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes