snt04

Jun 1, 2020
dazedanon
If you're willing to take text suggestions, here are some changes to CommonEvents.json, for the activity log during lovemaking:

* U+3000 space characters has been replaced with U+2002 space characters in all lines using AddLog (not a wholesale search and replace, in case that might break something). This should reduce the size of the characters and help deal with lines being cut off.
* Mentions of "Yamamoto" has been replaced with "\\n[1]"

Diffing the changes might be a bit unwieldy due to the size of the file and number of changes, so feel free to not use the exact file if you don't feel comfortable with it.

EDIT: Previously uploaded incorrect file. Reuploaded the correct one.

Last edited:
Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
dazedanon
If you're willing to take text suggestions, here are some changes to CommonEvents.json, for the activity log during lovemaking:

* U+3000 space characters has been replaced with U+2002 space characters in all lines using AddLog (not a wholesale search and replace, in case that might break something). This should reduce the size of the characters and help deal with lines being cut off.
* Mentions of "Yamamoto" has been replaced with "\\n[1]"

Diffing the changes might be a bit unwieldy due to the size of the file and number of changes, so feel free to not use the exact file if you don't feel comfortable with it.

EDIT: Previously uploaded incorrect file. Reuploaded the correct one.
Ran a diff on it and it looked good so it's been merged. Appreciate your work!

Reactions: snt04

D Dave

Sep 8, 2021
First set of options:
Raised by Wolves: Attack +1, Int -1, Agility +3, Luck +1
Son of a wealthy merchant: Defence -1, Int +1,Luck +6 (Probably the best one to pick, you can raise your defense via traps,but luck is hard to raise)

Third set of options:
Adventure: HP +30, Attack +1, Int -1, Luck -1
Assuming there are no hidden combination bonuses. This should be the update for v1.0.5.

Hidden stats, like hit chance, etc. not tested. (if there are any changes)
Carry weight should not be affected by options (500)

nhokrauboy

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the translation!!
Anyway I wanna ask what happen to my game, it always crash after I play for a while, like when I explore the dungeon for too long, when I make a choice or smt like that (I usually get crash after getting a rare item too why like seriously, the only time it saves me is the auto-save, and sometimes I can't make it to the 40%). Also when doing the night with Monica I can't do it for too long or my game gonna crash midway, I can't do the night too long (usually maximum of 5 AP then I need to finish and save or it'll crash). Scene transition seem... a bit laggy too?
Ah yeah this is a bit non-related but f**k the dice, it trolls me too much, like somehow it gave me low value or even 0, are there any items to help the results or only stat lol

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Thanks for the translation!!
Anyway I wanna ask what happen to my game, it always crash after I play for a while, like when I explore the dungeon for too long, when I make a choice or smt like that (I usually get crash after getting a rare item too why like seriously, the only time it saves me is the auto-save, and sometimes I can't make it to the 40%). Also when doing the night with Monica I can't do it for too long or my game gonna crash midway, I can't do the night too long (usually maximum of 5 AP then I need to finish and save or it'll crash). Scene transition seem... a bit laggy too?
Ah yeah this is a bit non-related but f**k the dice, it trolls me too much, like somehow it gave me low value or even 0, are there any items to help the results or only stat lol
Game has never crashed for me so it's probably an issue with your setup.

F4S1

Aug 29, 2019
Will update patch later today. Btw don't be afraid to tag me for updates, since I have so many threads now I don't even get notifications sometimes anymore so I might not see it otherwise.

Edit: Links have been updated to v1.0.5
thx for share!

snt04

Jun 1, 2020
Ran a diff on it and it looked good so it's been merged. Appreciate your work!
Thank you!

Here are another set of text changes, this time to Skills.json and System.json. They include, and partially overwrite, the recent git commit:

* Skills.json: Most of the "message1" fields have been rewritten to better flow in English, as well as some other minor changes. The text here is also written in the present tense (most combat messages are past tense), in the style of the English version of MV.

* System.json: Many of the "commands", "params", "messages" fields have been overwritten with the text from the English version of MV. Beyond the added familiarity, the official text tends to be more consise and its usage of "%1's %2" compared to the current "%2 of %1" is easier to read, in my opinion.

Once again, feel free to port over only the changes that you feel comfortable with.

P.S. I've noticed that the recent commit deleted some blocks of code outright, including several variable changes, from CommonEvents.json. No idea if that's actually a problem, but wanted to note it just in case.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Thank you!

Here are another set of text changes, this time to Skills.json and System.json. They include, and partially overwrite, the recent git commit:

* Skills.json: Most of the "message1" fields have been rewritten to better flow in English, as well as some other minor changes. The text here is also written in the present tense (most combat messages are past tense), in the style of the English version of MV.

* System.json: Many of the "commands", "params", "messages" fields have been overwritten with the text from the English version of MV. Beyond the added familiarity, the official text tends to be more consise and its usage of "%1's %2" compared to the current "%2 of %1" is easier to read, in my opinion.

Once again, feel free to port over only the changes that you feel comfortable with.

P.S. I've noticed that the recent commit deleted some blocks of code outright, including several variable changes, from CommonEvents.json. No idea if that's actually a problem, but wanted to note it just in case.
Wow, thank you for pointing that out. I forgot that I had skipped that file during the review because I was saving it for last then forgot to actually review it... I think CommonEvents.json is the only one, or did you see any others?

Surgy I've reverted that file for now so that I can go back and review it later, then I'll merge the changes.

Regarding the changes between Skills.json and System.json for both Snt04's and Surgy's changes, I'll be going through each of them and choosing which ones I personally think are best.

Last edited:

snt04

Jun 1, 2020
Wow, thank you for pointing that out. I forgot that I had skipped that file during the review because I was saving it for last then forgot to actually review it... I think CommonEvents.json is the only one, or did you see any others?
No other major oversights that I know of. Except maybe plugins/TRP_Dice.js, which is... odd? It changes one word for something that shouldn't ever be called (a test function), with no seeming reason why.

If I might add my own two cents on the changes though:

* plugins.js(line 30): The "message" field has the wrong sentence order. It should be "Lost %2 %1.".
* plugins.js(line 70): I like the changes to the log's # of lines and height of each line, but not the way the log also eats into half the screen. Ultimately, it'd be best to rewrite the lines so this isn't as much of an issue, but until then, I think the log feels good at ~420 width (tested with U+2002 spaces), and gets iffy beyond that.

Reactions: Surgy and dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
No other major oversights that I know of. Except maybe plugins/TRP_Dice.js, which is... odd? It changes one word for something that shouldn't ever be called (a test function), with no seeming reason why.

If I might add my own two cents on the changes though:

* plugins.js(line 30): The "message" field has the wrong sentence order. It should be "Lost %2 %1.".
* plugins.js(line 70): I like the changes to the log's # of lines and height of each line, but not the way the log also eats into half the screen. Ultimately, it'd be best to rewrite the lines so this isn't as much of an issue, but until then, I think the log feels good at ~420 width (tested with U+2002 spaces), and gets iffy beyond that.
Dice.js one is an update by the dev. I just left it in there because of that.

Thanks for the rest of the suggestions. I put the width at 400 since I that's what I think looks best. Your changes will be incorporated soon after I review them. c:

Edit: Done

Last edited:
Reactions: No-Nonon

Fydeout

Aug 25, 2020
Has anyone else lost control of the MC and he is just auto attacking now? Not sure how to turn this off.

V^V

Aug 26, 2020
I know I'm asking this way late but how do you "date" the other girls you meet in the dungeon, after you save/meet them? I saw the remove impurities option and I assume you have to have the purple stat somewhat above zero for that to do that but even then when I click the option, it tells me Monica is here so I can't do that. Appreciate the help

Megazombie15

Mar 20, 2022
I know I'm asking this way late but how do you "date" the other girls you meet in the dungeon, after you save/meet them? I saw the remove impurities option and I assume you have to have the purple stat somewhat above zero for that to do that but even then when I click the option, it tells me Monica is here so I can't do that. Appreciate the help
Monica has to sleep in order for her to not notice. You can do this by using the sleep event or giving her a sleeping potion to give her the sleep condition.

Protip: When you the MC are under the sleep effect some H events can happen to Monica like the priest molesting her.

Reactions: V^V
4.20 star(s) 42 Votes