2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for your insights. All 3 updates of my game have made it to this site. However my number of patreons still remains in the single digits. So having my games here hasn't resulted in a higher number of patreons. Not trying to blame anyone. It is what it is. As you say, people need to know my game exists in order to consider supporting it. Plus I've received many helpful posts from various members. My first demo was rough as I'm new to the various software I used. Remade all of my renders for a second update. The current third update was story and renpy focused. I believe that, for an early release, that it provides a good amount of content so that it would be able to attract more interest. Unfortunately this hasn't happened so the whole process has been frustrating.
My thoughts are geared towards long term success. I have no magic bullet to quickly get lots of patrons! :p

See the banners in some people's signatures? Create a few for your game and post them. Use one or more in your own signature, with links to this thread and to your patreon. Mention in the sig that you're the creator. Then play other games, and comment on their threads. That way you'll get a little advertising, but not break forum rules by explicitly advertising.

I've added a mac version to my patreon after reading your earlier post. Don't know if people go looking for links though after a game has already been leaked. Will keep the various options in mind for future versions though.
Good, thanks!

Reactions: Canto Forte

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Ever heard of LP?

Ever heard of .. I dunno ... trailers?

Ever heard of demos ... the AAA kind, where the top GUI / mechanics / cutscenes are shown?

No? Then welcome to the intro to the industry. Alpha / Beta / early access are all meant for publicity.

Meaning in all the above mentioned alternatives ... they are released before the actual game to probe the public, to generate hype, to tease the critics. Most series / movies are delayed months on end ...

All because of bad reviews / awful previews / low polling numbers on people interested.

Soldier on! Rome was not meant to be an empire ... alas ;)
Thanks for the reply. Hard to know what people want when you don't receive feedback on a release. Fixed render issues with the second release. Added primarily story content on the third release so that I believe I have a good amount of content for an early version. Included a sex scene as suggested from feedback on the second release. Still need more content in order to have some interest in a release?

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
My thoughts are geared towards long term success. I have no magic bullet to quickly get lots of patrons! :p
My point was my game has shown up here for all 3 releases. People are often posting about how game leaks help the game maker because they lead to new patreons. This clearly hasn't been my experience.

See the banners in some people's signatures? Create a few for your game and post them. Use one or more in your own signature, with links to this thread and to your patreon. Mention in the sig that you're the creator. Then play other games, and comment on their threads. That way you'll get a little advertising, but not break forum rules by explicitly advertising.
Thanks for the idea. Have no idea how to make a banner so I'll need to look into it.

• Haha

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
WoW, I'm in the urge of hotter scenes involving Julia :love:, can't wait for those upcoming updates.
I'll keep your Julia request in mind and see if I can work in some hotter moments.

EDIT: lydcreations, don't get me wrong, but those college classes choices are kind of mess, you could put them as thumbs anywhere on the edge of the screen.
Please, besides Julia, don't forget Sharon and Charlie, as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Bro, I'm in the urge of hotter scenes involving Julia :love: , I'll wait for those new updates.
Good to hear that you like Julia. Added a couple renders to her wake up call scene. Now that I've introduced everyone, I'm working on furthering the story and adding more adult content like the Britney material. The player tends to overlook Julia but I have various content planned to help change his mind. I'll keep your Julia request in mind and see if I can work in some hotter moments.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
@lydcreations
Those college classes choices are kind of mess, you could put it them as thumbs at any side of the screen.
Can you clarify your suggestion with an example(s)? This is my first renpy game and I'm sure there are various options that I'm not familiar with yet. I'm using menus to provide the player with choices of which action that they'd like to pursue. Thanks.

Please besides Julia, don't forget Sharon and Charlie as well. :love:
Great to hear that you like the models. I'd wondered if Julia might get overlooked with her friend role. So I was glad to see that Julia was the first girl you asked about. I liked her render on the bed from the dream intro, her angel role in the calc fantasy, and her coffee shop uniform to name a few of my favorite Julia bits thus far. Have planned various moments that serve as wakeup calls for the player that, while Julia isn't a Halia as he's always quick to point out, Julia isn't so much the tomboy he remembers from growing up together. Sharon/Lincy is one of my favorite characters to write for so she will continue to get additions to her paths. The name confusion between Sharon/Lincy/ last name will continue to play out and hopeful be a story players will enjoy. Imagine her best scene for most players would be modeling for the art class in a bikini. The player's conversation with Charlie makes him aware something is going on at the school. Charlie's only other moment is to be Abby's flirt target in a tennis match so she hasn't gotten much content yet.

My next update continues the focus on the story and character interactions from the current version. The player gets to know each of the girls better and this provides for more scene options.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Version 0.03 went public today so I thought I'd share it.

The links:
pc

mac

Changelog v0.03

*Expanded the intro tutorial to clarify various game elements.
*Revised Julia's wakeup scene.
*Recreated various renders of Abby to address skin textures.
*Revised the Britney locker scene.
*Revised English Literature scene.
*Extended Calc fantasy scene with text & renders.
*2 animations for the Calc fantasy scene.
*Added quests to search for 2 missing items.
*Art studio scene.
*Locker hack scene.
*School office scene.
*Corrected the bug in the lunch date with Lincy.
*Coffee scene.
*Homework scene.
*Revised player bedroom scene.
*Revised Evermore scene with new text & renders.

I hope you like the update. Please consider sharing your feedback and suggestions for what you would like to see in future versions. I have emailed an admin to update the 1st post of the thread with the new links.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just stop projecting IRL stuff and dark clouds on this heaven and hell take on demonesses adventures in the realm of man! This is the kind of tension dev can muster thus far ... give some pointers and help in that department, bashing a snarky projection on a fan fiction spin off from the heaven and hell chronicles does not mean anything in the game world. Good thing you had some peace of mind nip picking it => these are not re4l and are borderline insane characters in this game. Just play and enjoy the art;)!

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
As a developer myself... Just checked this game out. Got some mixed feelings towards it. Here is my analysis of 0.3.

Good Aspects:
-The story is original.

-The story has good grammar/spelling relative to many games.

-The game does have some humor to it.

-The game is very random.

-The renders are nice.

-The game seems to have many choices.

-The game seems to have a lot of under the hood potential. 11 base stats ( money, art, charm, faith, fashion, athlete, sales, deduct, player, eternal)

-The game has a lot (10) of attractive looking girls with 4 base stats per girl (open, lust, love, hotness) I'm going to assume hotness is static... and it's bullshit Julia is only a 6 she is clearly the most attractive girl in the game, but whatever... Also I'm thinking "open" should probably be renamed to "trust" unsure...?

-Talking Dog

Seems like it has a lot going for it. What could possibly make such a game bad? Oh... here I'll get to that now...

Bad Aspects:

-I believe the story is not explained well enough for most players to understand it. More visuals of these Aliens taking over the earth enslaving large groups of women is needed to visualize the urgency of the situation. The Aliens champion is still unknown to us. They are apparently our competitor and I don't see them in the classroom... Unless the aliens champion is actually one of the girls, maybe the demon bitch that sucks our dick is their champ? gonna turn em all lesbo?

-Needs some sort of incest patch. Julia = Sister or cousin & Halia = Mom or aunt

-We maybe just finished day 1/30 initial release was in may. We are on 0.3 now. 2 updates since May 2 months per update, and initial creation time for first release was probably 2 months as well. Crunching the numbers on that it has been in development 6 months to finish day 1. At the current rate of development day 30 will be released in 15 years... Disheartening although the pace may increase, so who knows. I could be wrong.

-Too many complications I think. This looks really hard to make good. This will be painfully hard to make good, although possible. Mad respect if they pull it off. As a creator myself though I feel like I'm drunk at a party, and someone is like "I'm gonna do a back flip!"... It's like you say "Do it!" Gonna be epic if they pull that backflip off... You know though the odds favor a faceplant.

-Money is both earned and spent automatically. Also, we are supposed to be looking for some "Mind Control Device" to buy, but we are blowing our money apparently on a "Lightsaber"? What are we gonna do, chop bitches heads off, stick them in the washing machine, and sew them back on brainwashed? Not knocking lightsabers, I would want one and they kick ass... but the protagonist is losing sight of his objectives, and buying a stupid shit he don't need.

-I find many of the choices to be too much of a "Blind Choice". The majority of choices are "Go to this classroom or that classroom", not a very compelling choice. Also, nobody's classroom schedule is not like this in real life. Nobody has it so "Hey maybe I'll go to English this period, or Math hmmm let me pick..." No it's not like that... Either it's English time or Math time for you. This is not something you get to choose in RL. You could however choose to skip classes, but you should have to attend all classes scheduled for you. Better would be to remove all the "This class, or that class?" options, and replace these choices with things like "Pay attention, chat up x girl, chat up y girl"

-Complex / confusing sitautions. Example: You won a high score on a video game that is actually a simulator to test who is earths champion, then meet a talking dog that says you got 30 days to save the world, also lets go buy a lightsaber! I'm like wtf?

I think this game will be hit or miss for a lot of folks. Either love it or hate it. Anyhow, keep on working on it, good luck.

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
Well, i loaded from a prev save, got a bunch of text (story but i ran over it, i admit, not saying its not bad) then at my first choice... game over. Correct? missed something? TY.

• Angry

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That great review above states 10 dames ... waAAaay over the proposed number of 3 you keep meme-ing about, elbo. Also ... there are supposedly only the possibility of 2 current game dames to be turned into the focus of your joy ... dream big and Game On!

Aku ... the story bores very much but you have to soldier on and try different paths ... try the review above and look for them 11 babes supposedly roaming about them classes;)!

In other news ::

September 18th update flash ::
Interface upgrade no. 3
After an incredible amount of work to get the coding right, and very kind assistance, the full interface upgrade is completed. With this version, when you hover your mouse over the icon stats, text appears that describes the icon that your mouse is hovering over. In the image above, the mouse was hovered over the 2nd icon, the art palette, and provides the description shown "Your artistic sense." You can hide or show the icon stats by pressing the blue "i" button in the top left corner. The journal is next to it and this calls the girls stats.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Pretty please, everybody start Gaming and not dissing each other in SJW mockery and projecting IRL prejudices on this happy go lucky Gaming Forum!!!!

The chars are wacky, the martians are called "martian" => how paper thin do all these SJW snow flakes need the plot to be so they can stop bashing a game on filler gibberish :eek::oops:o_O:censored::unsure:?!?

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes