Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Yeah I figured that and I told him as well a merger was not really needed but :HideThePain:
As well with all the translations .... why have more then english and well German since BlueCat is Austrian.
Every translation versions is double the work for a dev.... why wasting so much time and resources.
as the old saying goes.... you can lead the horse to the water but you can not teach it to drink.
I wouldn't say it's really double the work, especially if you're using translation a software/website so you're only really copying the lines into it and pasting the new result into a dedicated translation file for renpy. It's not like you have to rescript a separate script day file, or even come close to rewriting it into a new language when you use these tools.

We debated this a while ago here, and it seemed BlueCat agreed in the end that using an automated translation tool was far easier and significantly faster (Also saves money paying someone as much).

I used DeepL for the translations I needed to do for my merge since it was missing a bunch of translations as I re-added the broken features. I would say in my experience using this since I don't know German and therefore don't know the "exact" original but 95%+ of what it translated into English seemed pretty on point, and a large portion of that remaining 5% I only changed because I wanted to keep it consistent with the other translations even though I thought they were worse 99% of the time after seeing the DeepL version.

These "better" translations in my opinion had a problem though, it would make the text not line up to the game's UI in things like the Calendar so that was also another reason for keeping it consistent with previous translations already done since it did fit into the UI properly. (Please change the UI.)

Reactions: Horagen81

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
I thought most devs just did their native tongue and english leaving any tertiary languages to fanbase mods....
Well there is 11 languages .... but not sure how many have been implemented beside English and German.
I know Portoguese was in the process of being implimented a year ago but the translater bailed after gotten paid from what i know.
then there is Russian , South Korean , Japanese , Chinese , and ... I can not really remember what else I was told.
the people working on the translation stopped usually after a week of work and never returned from what I saw in the development channel.

BlueCat really should not have payed them upfront .... but well that is one of the faults he had. He learnt better. :HideThePain:

I wouldn't say it's really double the work, especially if you're using translation a software/website so you're only really copying the lines into it and pasting the new result into a dedicated translation file for renpy. It's not like you have to rescript a separate script day file, or even come close to rewriting it into a new language when you use these tools.

We debated this a while ago here, and it seemed BlueCat agreed in the end that using an automated translation tool was far easier and significantly faster (Also saves money paying someone as much).

I used DeepL for the translations I needed to do for my merge since it was missing a bunch of translations as I re-added the broken features. I would say in my experience using this since I don't know German and therefore don't know the "exact" original but 95%+ of what it translated into English seemed pretty on point, and a large portion of that remaining 5% I only changed because I wanted to keep it consistent with the other translations even though I thought they were worse 99% of the time after seeing the DeepL version.

These "better" translations in my opinion had a problem though, it would make the text not line up to the game's UI in things like the Calendar so that was also another reason for keeping it consistent with previous translations already done since it did fit into the UI properly. (Please change the UI.)
yeah using automated Translation was a good change of heart that way he does not need to rely on other people or have to pay them.

Okay double work might be an over-statement then :unsure: I really should not compare it to what i know from my time since it is old knowledge and is faster nowadays :ROFLMAO: So many IF and While that i am sick of thinking of them :LOL:
though it is my fault because I see anything beside the minimum needed to be wasted work like the "planned" sandbox and extra languages to be waste of time that could be spent on working on the merger and that is on me :LOL:

Never heard of DeepL I usually use ATLAS for my translation needs but i will give it a look next time I am going to play "Love Love my Buddy X" and see if it can work :LOL:(y)

seems like Renpy and many of the newer programming tools are alot easier to used then the old shite i have around from my time ... but then I have not felt the need to make anything for a while now not since I worked on the firewall and antivirus scanner for Bullguard some years ago *may they rest in piece now that Norton bought them out.*

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Probably a dead game. No updates on patreon since Oct. On discord they said the merge would be done no later then Jan. Since then nothing has been said or done it would seem. Only thing that goes on in discord is a cult that sends hugging gifs to each other. I wouldn't expect anything to come out of this game.
Shame!! I was really looking forward to have some content with that blind girl (forgot her name) :(

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
Yeah, I understand he's now in Japan. Sipping Sake?

Nah, he would be in japan if he had reach the penultimate goal of his Patreon ( iirc it was 2500/5000 Euro/Months) but now he's at less than 240, so i don't think he got enough ( according to the patreon goal)

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Nah, he would be in japan if he had reach the penultimate goal of his Patreon ( iirc it was 2500/5000 Euro/Months) but now he's at less than 240, so i don't think he got enough ( according to the patreon goal)
He literally moved to Japan already. Been there for quite a while lol.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I think at this point its pretty obvious that BC is just the figurehead for Ecchi Sensi the manger if you will. With that, the people who did the actual work on the game quit long ago and BC has just been stroking himself on discord to his followers for years now. Oh well nothing of value was lost.

Reactions: MAD6999

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
I think at this point its pretty obvious that BC is just the figurehead for Ecchi Sensi the manger if you will. With that, the people who did the actual work on the game quit long ago and BC has just been stroking himself on discord to his followers for years now. Oh well nothing of value was lost.
Yeah. I literally just went to Discord earlier and seen this....people are to damn gullible
wtf.png

• Thinking Face

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That was my original thought as well. Apparently he obtained the money outside of the game that allowed him to move.

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Maybe it's just me but like, if a game hasn't put out an update in ages... hasn't done finished the simple merge after years.. it's a "dead" game until they prove otherwise, by releasing something you can actually play.
Yeah. I just don't understand people. We all know that nothing will be done. It's dead but, some how people are still giving BC money.

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
you are both right and wrong :)
BlueCat writes the story as well as making the very early alpha release.
then Latecomer takes over and makes the english release version along side Akanoes :)
How far anything is... well I do not know ::HideThePain:

Horagen81

Feb 28, 2018
Dunno. It tells me I don't have access.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

this is annoying I wonder if something went wrong.... the problem is I really do not want to touch anything regarding server premissions even if I am a mod :rolleyes:
Soulpuppet
Try now to access Github-notifications.
I have removed and added you to member as I suspect it does not work because you were a member before the changes :)

Last edited:

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

this is annoying I wonder if something went wrong.... the problem is I really do not want to touch anything regarding server premissions even if I am a mod :rolleyes:
Soulpuppet
Try now to access Github-notifications.
I have removed and added you to member as I suspect it does not work because you were a member before the changes :)
Still doesn't work for me. It's all good. Apparently I'm just not cool enough I guess. Thanks for trying though =)
Access.png

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes