Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
All BC needed was for this game to finance him moving to Japan. It did that, so it's dead. I highly doubt he gives a shit enough to let someone take over the project though. Especially when there are still plenty of idiots more than happy to keep paying for nothing. Hard to beat money for nothing. ;)
Well, if that's true, I'd have to say it's a pretty shitty scam and lame reason to throw away a rather nice and promising game ...
It's not only quite depressing to see the dev's fans continuing to support him financially, but even more cringeworthy and bizarre to see them adoring him on his Discord, it gives the impression of witnessing some kind of weird cult.

It's dead. It's been dead for a very long time. Accept it and move on.

If that's not enough, you can read through this thread about how shady BC was and what a disaster the game development devolved into.
Yes, yes I know, I'm pretty aware of BC's crappy actions on this thread, I'm not discovering it either but thanks for reinforcing my assessment of the situation.
I'm quite simply like many here I imagine, a little disappointed and saddened that this game is being condemned in this harsh way; and even more pissed off that the dev despises and rips off its audience without giving a damn.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Are there any plans for a new team to take over this game or not ? Because I really love this game, but given the various abuses of its developer and the numerous postponements we've had, I have to admit that it seems to me to be a very dead project ...

I think that at this point, it's more than necessary for a new team to take over the game and, above all, for a new lead to give it a new impulse with a much better overall vision.

And yet, needless to say, there's no shortage of talented developers/coders on the market, many of whom are undoubtedly quicker and more efficient than BC, who announced over 2 years ago that he would completely merge the first month of the game.

I think BC really should have surrounded himself with a bigger team to pursue his ambitions, perhaps a little excessive too (a whole year's play in the game's timeline), which he announced for Ecchi Sensei at the start. In my opinion, the only hope we have left is for someone to take his place on this project if we are to have any chance of Ecchi Sensei being released one day.

If only someone else would take over haha. I would dare do it myself if I ever got around to remaking the entire cast of characters but I find it hard to get their exact likeness and learning how to use honey select properly would take a bit of time but personally I don't really like the honey select studio user experience. I think it's so, so bad lol. I'd rather try remaking it in VAM or Daz/UE5 combo but capturing that same style would be another effort in itself.

The 'entire cast of characters' though would be minus the subscription tier characters. I wouldn't bother, so the story would have to be adjusted for the deletion of those characters haha. I'd totally call it by whatever meme name I used a while back commenting on doing something like this.

Who knows, maybe some day. Or maybe BlueCat will actually put out an update.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
It's fine, if I had any complaints it would be that it's kind of bloated so it could use a touch of streamlining. I also think all the past time stuff could be cut altogether and instead just be moments of quick flashbacks e.g MC becomes rough, flashes back to another time he was also rough - There's another game that sorta did this but I can't think of it's names.

I'd also take the dream stuff, specials etc out in hindsight, knowing it took up dev time and we could've probably had more main story content instead lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Hey Dukez, if you want to try to do a hommage in another format (daz?) I know even though I am a talentless poorboy I would give you whatever support I could. I think you would do a great job, you have the chops, you have appreciation of the material, and I don't think your ego would get in the way. Maybe you can ask a few of the fanbase to help? I have a lot of clock cycles going to waste, but dunno how that can help at all. But yes if you say you will start I would throw some money at a patreon or whatever you use, including buy me a coffee! (many bad ideas are started on the basis of too much caffeine :) )

But seriously think about it, and ignore the naysayers they will gripe about every/anything from its not HS2 to story modifications or backgrounds... Overall I think you would have a ready market. Might have to name it something else and change names of characters but yeah I think you can do this.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It's fine, if I had any complaints it would be that it's kind of bloated so it could use a touch of streamlining. I also think all the past time stuff could be cut altogether and instead just be moments of quick flashbacks e.g MC becomes rough, flashes back to another time he was also rough - There's another game that sorta did this but I can't think of it's names.

I'd also take the dream stuff, specials etc out in hindsight, knowing it took up dev time and we could've probably had more main story content instead lol.
One reason for the bloating, as I understand it, is that he was selling character slots to increase his income. That lead to far too many characters to manage.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
well I think the characters that have to stay are a "ride or die" type wife (preferably busty) the four daughters, crazy nurse and haruka (I think? the thicc sub girl crazy nurse and mc use frequently) the secret gf, and secret wife and her mother, the leader catgirl and tiny stoic catgirl, the athletic sisters (swimmer and party girl) the german girl, the cute ginger that holds the family next door together, the freind of daughter who likes to ride mc, and mika (?).

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Hey Dukez, if you want to try to do a hommage in another format (daz?) I know even though I am a talentless poorboy I would give you whatever support I could. I think you would do a great job, you have the chops, you have appreciation of the material, and I don't think your ego would get in the way. Maybe you can ask a few of the fanbase to help? I have a lot of clock cycles going to waste, but dunno how that can help at all. But yes if you say you will start I would throw some money at a patreon or whatever you use, including buy me a coffee! (many bad ideas are started on the basis of too much caffeine :) )

But seriously think about it, and ignore the naysayers they will gripe about every/anything from its not HS2 to story modifications or backgrounds... Overall I think you would have a ready market. Might have to name it something else and change names of characters but yeah I think you can do this.
As I alluded to it's very unlikely to happen lol since there's a fair bit I would want to learn before I would seriously consider doing it. You could think of it as wanting to lay the groundwork before running with it I suppose but who knows what program it would even end up in. This is slightly off-topic but I look at HS2 as a good character creator, bad studio experience. VAM has a god awful character creator (I hope VAM 2.0 addressed this.. but who knows, could be years away too) but a decent physics system and okayish studio experience. Daz has an okayish character creator (after u get extra content) and it's studio experience is who knows, I'd just port it to UE5 since I have zero interest in wasting time rendering pictures when I could get basically an instant ballpark equivalent with UE5.

Also I wouldn't do a patreon or anything like that until after something was released. I'd feel bad if I never delivered it, so I just wouldn't put myself in that position. It's debatable if I would do one at all.

I couldn't care less about egos and such, if anything I can just be stubborn at times and an example of this was wanting to prove it wasn't hard to merge this game and thus my fan merge was born. I don't think I'd ever become stubborn when it comes to dealing with HS2's studio :KEK: but who knows maybe there's some mods out there that vastly improves the experience and doesn't come in the big pack you can download. Though I don't think it would change the camera controls which is a big pain point for me.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
He still has just over 300 subscribers between his patreon and subscribestar. I dont even know if shooting yourself in the foot really is true. I mean if you strung people along for as long as he did and are still collecting a check while you moved on forever ago, well who couldn't use a spare 1000 bucks a month from a memory of something you failed at. Or succeeded I guess.

Requuis

Oct 7, 2020
I cannot get the Dm patch (week 1 final is what i downloaded) to work. When i try to start new game, i get exception and game crash. Anyone know how to fix?

Animoo

Mar 26, 2020
One reason for the bloating, as I understand it, is that he was selling character slots to increase his income. That lead to far too many characters to manage.
I did a review for this game ages ago and yeah one of the sticking points to me were the sheer amount of characters, and the fear that it would impact delivery of the game due to having to include so many (since people literally paid to have them there). Seems that was a correct assessment.

I did really enjoy what this game was, but after a while it got ridiculous with the amount of side and one-off characters, and then the updates slowed and died... Now I just poke at this thread once every six months or so and see if anything is actually happening, and have largely moved on with my life lol.

Ygambi

Jul 10, 2020
I did a review for this game ages ago and yeah one of the sticking points to me were the sheer amount of characters, and the fear that it would impact delivery of the game due to having to include so many (since people literally paid to have them there). Seems that was a correct assessment.

I did really enjoy what this game was, but after a while it got ridiculous with the amount of side and one-off characters, and then the updates slowed and died... Now I just poke at this thread once every six months or so and see if anything is actually happening, and have largely moved on with my life lol.
ive talked with bluecat on his server....he saidd smt along the lines of being busy irl
1690879359230.png

tho i wouldn't say its comptely abandoned

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes