Vertigob

Feb 1, 2018
Mac version issue, solution, and patch installation instructions:

I downloaded the lightly compressed version, and the patch. First I tried running the base game. It wouldn't run. I got an error when I double clicked the app, and an error when I ran it from a Terminal window. Digging into it, I found that the shell script the app runs initially has dos line endings instead of unix line endings. It looks like someone saved it with a dumb editor in Windows, possibly notepad.

Solution - open the file in vi and change the line endings.
  1. Open Terminal
  2. cd to the directory with the app
  3. vi EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei
  4. type these commands exactly, including the leading : (but not the number at the start)
    1. :set ff=unix
    2. :wq
After I did that I could run the game.

To install the patch, copy the following from the patch to the same place in the main game:
  • archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • game/menu/options.rpy
Enable dark mind in the options menu. Turn on kinks you want to see.
will not let me type anything. after open ecchisensei in the macos folder

htran100

May 1, 2018

I downloaded the lightly compressed version, and the patch. First I tried running the base game. It wouldn't run. I got an error when I double clicked the app, and an error when I ran it from a Terminal window. Digging into it, I found that the shell script the app runs initially has dos line endings instead of unix line endings. It looks like someone saved it with a dumb editor in Windows, possibly notepad.

1. Open Terminal
  4. type these commands exactly, including the leading : (but not the number at the start)

To install the patch, copy the following from the patch to the same place in the main game:
  • archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • game/menu/options.rpy
Would someone mind explaining this in english please?

muringo

Sep 4, 2017
I tried it and it got to e212. still does not work ):

1. Open Terminal

• archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • game/menu/options.rpy

MarcusDBlack

Jun 8, 2017
Could someone help me ? i can't launch the game and alway get an error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: unknown compression method

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Urbain\Documents\Nouveau Dossier\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Urbain\Documents\Nouveau Dossier\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\main.py", line 303, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\Urbain\Documents\Nouveau Dossier\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: unknown compression method

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457

Mon Aug 26 01:11:26 2019

Beaviss

Jan 27, 2018
Somebody pls tell me how to put the dark mind patch zip to the game step by step I am unable to figure it out....thanks in advance
I downloaded the lightly compressed version and the Dark Mind patch which looks like the whole game. But I only merged the "game" folder from DM patch to the game and haven't had any issues so far

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
will not let me type anything. after open ecchisensei in the macos folder
Would someone mind explaining this in english please?
You need to do this in the Terminal app. See this post:
MAC fix -> no clue sorry ( )
Patch installation & activation -> FAQ #13 here
I tried it and it got to e212. still does not work ):
I have no idea what this means. What is e212? What, EXACTLY did you do? Step by step.

Reactions: BloodyFace

muringo

Sep 4, 2017
You need to do this in the Terminal app. See this post:

I have no idea what this means. What is e212? What, EXACTLY did you do? Step by step.
open terminal
type "cd " drag the app to terminal, enter
paste "vi EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei"enter
type :set ff=unix enter
type :wq enter
get 1566777882852.png

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
open terminal
type "cd " drag the app to terminal, enter
paste "vi EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei"enter
type :set ff=unix enter
type :wq enter
get View attachment 381669
Is it in your Downloads folder? If so, move it out - Downloads is an odd thing, that isn't really in ~/Downloads, and this causes problems sometimes.

If that's not it, what do you get when you type in
ls -n EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei
?

Only the first field matters; mine is
-rwxr-xr-x

That means The user has read/write/execute, the groups has read/execute and everyone has read/execute permissions on the file. If that's not what you see, type
chmod u+w EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei
then redo the vi sequence.

Reactions: BloodyFace

peixe751

Jul 7, 2017
Holy shit 16gb, i think its safe to assume this game has a lot of content, gonna try it.
Any alternative link for the Dark Patch? MEGA is kinda capped at 500mb and the file is 2.42gb

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
For those of you looking at the download size...

The big version is mostly uncompressed. There is no obligation to download it unless what you are looking for are mostly uncompressed images.

Keep in mind that the different compressed versions have no content differences, all that's different is that image quality is a bit lossier.

Again, choose whatever version you are most comfortable with, considering things like available disk space, internet bandwidth, filehoster limits, and your visual fidelity requirements.

TechTech

Jul 21, 2018
with how big this game is going to get, will we get an offical mod that allows us to see everything in one play through? even with week one, there's a number of scenes you wont be able to see without playing the game multiple times.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
with how big this game is going to get, will we get an offical mod that allows us to see everything in one play through? even with week one, there's a number of scenes you wont be able to see without playing the game multiple times.
I'm guessing that would be the [currently unavailable] Sandbox Mode?

Reactions: TechTech

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I just started playing the uncompressed version of Week 1, and I have to say that one of the first things I noticed was how much better the images seem to be from the old versions. They seem much clearer and sharper than before. Very enjoyable so far.

I had one question regarding the calendar. Would there be any way to add something to it that more visibly shows what the current date is?

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes