Honga

Jan 31, 2019
There seems to be a tendency that questions or suggestions about ingame music are getting ignored, except for one short answer by an official:"From now on you get to set the music yourself using the toolbar ".
I think you better switch music off. Not cool, but best solution so far.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
There seems to be a tendency that questions or suggestions about ingame music are getting ignored, except for one short answer by an official:"From now on you get to set the music yourself using the toolbar ".
I think you better switch music off. Not cool, but best solution so far.
I took note of the suggestions.
Keep in mind that the official Week 1 changelog says the following:
We decided to no longer dictate what music you are meant to hear and to instead let you decide what music is played when.
Like in every other music player, you can pause the music and resume it. Unfortunately it has been really hard to code it all and that's why we had to make some compromises and we can't offer you the full functionality of a normal music player. However we are planning on expanding that feature in the future.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
What is it about eroges that follow this weird concept of progression about sexuality? As if young people discovering sex would go through jerking off, sucking off, dry-humping and lord-knows-what-else before actually trying actual penetrative sex.

This game seems to be well on its way repeating this for about 20 characters.

Reactions: Fleabag

Githargu

Sep 6, 2019
I've tried the dark mind patch numerous times from different places and none of them work. When I add it into the game and then try to open the game it just opens up into notepad and won't do anything else. Here's a copy/paste of what the Notepad says.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\xVirg\Downloads\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\xVirg\Downloads\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\main.py", line 315, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\xVirg\Downloads\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.0.424

Thu Sep 05 18:08:14 2019

kDarcsen

Nov 10, 2017
I've tried the dark mind patch numerous times from different places and none of them work. When I add it into the game and then try to open the game it just opens up into notepad and won't do anything else. Here's a copy/paste of what the Notepad says.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\xVirg\Downloads\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\xVirg\Downloads\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\main.py", line 315, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\xVirg\Downloads\EcchiSensei-Week_1-FULL_ver-crunched\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.0.424

Thu Sep 05 18:08:14 2019
Did you just grab the whole thing and copy it into the game folder? That won't work, or at least it didn't in my experience. You need to go through and add things in piece by piece, making sure not to erase any files that you aren't replacing. It's a little tedious, but only took me a couple minutes.

ThanhLong32

Jun 30, 2018
hi I want to ask, does anyone have the link to the walkthrough and gallery mod? because its seem the link on the main page of lain has been removed

Githargu

Sep 6, 2019
Did you just grab the whole thing and copy it into the game folder? That won't work, or at least it didn't in my experience. You need to go through and add things in piece by piece, making sure not to erase any files that you aren't replacing. It's a little tedious, but only took me a couple minutes.

I tried individually copying and pasting each thing like you said and it still had the same issue.

Benji13

Jan 30, 2019
Like, No? Why should it be different to add them piece by piece than by adding everything at once? It's exactly the same. If it doesn't do for you, than you made an mistake or your system has one or more bugs.

I just copied the folder with the name "game" into the folder in the echi sensei path that also is named "game" and replayced everything that was asked to be replaced. That is how it should be done and it works in that way.

kDarcsen

Nov 10, 2017
I
Like, No? Why should it be different to add them piece by piece than by adding everything at once? It's exactly the same. If it doesn't do for you, than you made an mistake or your system has one or more bugs.

I just copied the folder with the name "game" into the folder in the echi sensei path that also is named "game" and replayced everything that was asked to be replaced. That is how it should be done and it works in that way.
I'm not the one who needs help, I'm the one trying to help and who has a working DM patched game. You don't like what I say, why don't you try to help the people asking questions.

kDarcsen

Nov 10, 2017
I tried individually copying and pasting each thing like you said and it still had the same issue.
Make sure if it's a folder that you're opening up both folders and just copying over the files that you need from each folder. If you replace an entire folder you might accidentally delete some files. For instance, you would open up the 'game' folder in the game folder and in the patch folder. You would then copy over any individual files and open any sub-folders and repeat the process. I believe the patch also replaces the .exe and the .app in the main game folder. Stuff like that. It can be trial and error if you're not used to what you're doing. If what I'm saying isn't working for you, you might want to seek help from someone else. I am usually more helpful when getting mac users to run games with messy permissions or files that don't come with .apps.

Paslicivi

Aug 30, 2016
I think your files not quite right. Dm patch or main game file could not be downloaded properly. If you downloaded from torrent then you can try "verify files". If you not, you must try redownload.

Githargu

Sep 6, 2019
I think your files not quite right. Dm patch or main game file could not be downloaded properly. If you downloaded from torrent then you can try "verify files". If you not, you must try redownload.
You might be right, it's just annoying because it works before I add Dark Minds but not after, and I've downloaded the DM patch from multiple different places with the same result so it's confusing.

SandmansMisery

Sky Squad!
Donor
Jun 24, 2019
I'm board so I figured hell I'll replay for fun. So I start playing an I have a 4th daughter lol? I played my last game with only 3 didnt know there was a 4th daughter lol.

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
What is it about eroges that follow this weird concept of progression about sexuality? As if young people discovering sex would go through jerking off, sucking off, dry-humping and lord-knows-what-else before actually trying actual penetrative sex.

This game seems to be well on its way repeating this for about 20 characters.
I actually really liked that for some of the "young" characters, where their concept of sex isn't as clearly defined. They just want to be intimate, and penetrative sex isn't the end-all-be-all. But you're right, following the same pattern for every single character would be a mistake.

This is a really interesting game imo. I've never seen anything like it in terms of scope of content. It casts such a wide net that you're bound to find something that appeals to you. Of course, this also means there's a lot that won't appeal to you. And while I understand the reasoning behind only giving the option to skip rather than avoid certain relationships, it is disappointing you don't have more of a say in shaping the story.

The first few days I felt the writing was pretty bad, but there was so much effort put into the game as a whole it certainly didn't stop me from playing. It got better in the later days (like everything did), particularly by dropping any pretense at normalcy and going full h-anime mode. I'm still a little bit concerned that the writing won't stand up to more serious subject matter, and specifically the Matsu/Hiroku backstory episodes where anime logic and real life issues clash were pretty iffy.

Only found one "bug", where Satomi blackmailed me but I'm fairly sure I declined all options to spy on her and don't remember ever even leaving the living room.

Anyway, very unique game that I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.

Reactions: maankamara
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes