Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
I've had an issue with Day 8-14 Final, i added in the DM patch, made sure to enable it.
Main menu did show the DM picture and all looked good.
But there were barely even hugging between MC and kids during that week, and there were a lot i felt missing.

Then i start on day 15, and first talk is about Mao and clear indications of missing content.

Was there something wrong with the Day 8-14 Final DM patch somehow?
also i was a bit surprised about how small the "Week 2" File was compared to "Week 1"
The "Week 2" File was even smaller in size than the Fapoween release.

So i'm a bit confused here.

Edit: On a side note, i keep getting Archive Header Error when extracting Day 8-14 v10 Final (using latest version of 7-zip)

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I've had an issue with Day 8-14 Final, i added in the DM patch, made sure to enable it.
Main menu did show the DM picture and all looked good.
But there were barely even hugging between MC and kids during that week, and there were a lot i felt missing.

Then i start on day 15, and first talk is about Mao and clear indications of missing content.

Was there something wrong with the Day 8-14 Final DM patch somehow?
also i was a bit surprised about how small the "Week 2" File was compared to "Week 1"
The "Week 2" File was even smaller in size than the Fapoween release.

So i'm a bit confused here.
You must also activate it in game.

Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
Try using the system unzip tool instead of 7zip.
Thanks, i tested the file with WinRar with no issues,
and while no files failed to extract with 7-zip i was just worried that the header errors was part of the issue i was having.

Also commenting back on my former issue, i fixed it.
DM patch was installed correctly and enabled but apparently not working correctly,
so i tried turning it off an on again and it fixed it xD

Sad part is that i saved at the end of Day 14,
so now i more or less have to replay Day 1-14,
but at least i have confirmed that DM patch works with all of them now.

Nov 10, 2019
There has to be something else at issue, 7zip is far superior to Winzip. Outside of Linux where I just use the basic rar/unrar cuz it just works, I have never had an issue with 7zip. In fact I have never seen this flipped, always it is someone with an archive issue and they are told to download 7zip and their problem is immediately fixed. I'm completely baffled. It's like telling someone to use IE as a browser.
Actually, I take that back, some web devs don't bother to test their site in other browsers and you are forced to use IE for it to work. Good example: the IRS :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm:

Edit: you cant hear my emotions in this reply. This is complete confusion not an elitist uhh stance? I cant think of my words, lol

james steele

Feb 3, 2018
There has to be something else at issue, 7zip is far superior to Winzip. Outside of Linux where I just use the basic rar/unrar cuz it just works, I have never had an issue with 7zip. In fact I have never seen this flipped, always it is someone with an archive issue and they are told to download 7zip and their problem is immediately fixed. I'm completely baffled. It's like telling someone to use IE as a browser.
Actually, I take that back, some web devs don't bother to test their site in other browsers and you are forced to use IE for it to work. Good example: the IRS :FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm:

Edit: you cant hear my emotions in this reply. This is complete confusion not an elitist uhh stance? I cant think of my words, lol
well US Navy websites work best with IE, they tend to get updated to handle chrome and firefox at some point, but IE is the one to use if you have issues. it is pretty messed up, and not the way to do things, but government is like that.
I think her father raped her and is why the parents got divorced.

Still that is only my guess at what happen.
I have another theory:
she had a sexual relationship with her father, behind her mother's back. she got pregnant and thus her mother found out. her mother decided she was to have an abortion and came down hard on her and her father. she loved her father, but her father decided to side with her mother to try and save the marriage. this lead to depression and stuff until she met the MC, and her soul being crushed meant she was following her mother's will. this is why the little sister was told what she was told.

of course this is just my theory, which is about as much hopeful thinking as educated guess. just think about what it will be like if the father had simply raped her and then she finds out about your relationship with your daughters. of course both seem equally plausible to me based on the info that has been given.

Reactions: Aioria619

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

Ladies and gentlemen of the interwebz!

The time has come to discuss a few points with you again and to give you another opportunity to decide how we proceed.

According to a current re-estimation, it is not possible for us to finish Ecchi Sensei in the
desired time. As in: We consider it to be highly unlikely that Ecchi Sensei will be finished (Day 365) ahead of the year 2022.
For that reason, we reconsidered the importance of finishing the game as soon as possible and how that can be achieved.
One option would be for us to skip "eventless" days but this is very hard to plan as every ingame day so far has been full of events. On top of that, soon the sandbox mode in the weekday evenings will be available and then we'd have to overcome self-imposed obstacles caused by the coding work.
The next problem with the deadline is that we'd put ourselves under more pressure, essentially forcing us to release two full weeks per update, if not more. This could lead to me having to rush the graphics and dialogues, potentially causing Ecchi Sensei to lose its appeal, and we don't want that to happen.
However, the first part of Ecchi Sensei (Day 1-365) isn't meant to be in development for 20 years either. I have got so many ideas for the sequel and also for side projects.

There is a limit to how much text my translators are able to translate in a month and there is a limit to how many images, animations, and dialogues I can create. Fortunately, Latecomer and I are working ahead, meaning that soon we would be able to launch a little side project without causing a negative impact on Ecchi Sensei.
That is why we need to ask the question of how important it is to you to get Ecchi Sensei finished asap. If your answer is "Very important", then there might be another method to achieve that goal.
By using the sandbox mode, after its successful implementation, not just for the evenings of weekdays but for the entire remaining game.

As in: Starting with ingame day X, the game would be in sandbox mode 100% of the time and we could finish it faster.
If time isn't as important to you and it is important to you that the game remains mostly a visual novel, then our new estimates say we'd finish the game around the year 2025.

So this is going to be poll number 1:
Should we get the game finished as quickly as possible?

A: Yes (Ecchi Sensei will become a pure sandbox game starting with ingame day X)
B: No (Ecchi Sensei will remain a pure VN with the exception of weekday evenings)

The vote will be held for exactly 1 week and we'll make a second poll based on the results in which we will ask you how exactly we should be handling the individual game update releases in the future.
Before you cast your vote, I want to elaborate on our current ideas a bit further:
Currently we release fuckhuge updates, however their development is very time-intensive. We would like to change that and make the updates smaller but release them more frequently.
As an example in case you vote for option B:
Currently we need almost 8 weeks to develop 3 ingame days with 2000+ images and 20k+ lines of code with 100k+ words
We thought we should reduce the number of ingame days per update again because it's really damn hard to produce many days per update while sticking to an image/lines of code/word limit.
Back then, it used to be a lot easier for me to produce individual ingame days every 4-5 weeks compared to what we are doing at the moment.
That's why, in the next poll, one of your options will be to vote for us to go back to the roots and release just 1-2 ingame days every 4 weeks.

Another thing regarding the current poll...
Depending on what scenario you decide on, we can make the following promises to you regarding side projects:

If you vote for option A, there will probably be no side projects.
If you vote for
option B, there will be several small to large side projects.

All the side projects are intended to take place in the "Ecchiverse" and we would make additional polls for you to vote on the genre, the working title, as well as the relation to the Ecchi Sensei main game.
In option B:
ALL side projects will not cause any negative impact on the development speed on Ecchi Sensei
under any circumstances. All side projects would be finished by the time Ecchi Sensei concludes. We'll give you more information on that if option B wins the vote.

If you vote for option A:
We'll start a side project after the completion of Ecchi Sensei and before we start work on Ecchi Sensei 2.

We currently can't tell you when we'd finish Ecchi Sensei if you vote for optoin A because we currently don't have any experience in sandboxes and would first have to get a feel for them by implementing them for the weekday evenings. But even if everything went perfectly smoothly, it would take us until roughly 2023 at the minimum.

To emphasize it again when it comes to side projects:
The side projects do not have any impact on the work for Ecchi Sensei.
With every update I'm getting faster at finishing new updates (I am currently working on the graphics of Day 18+19 while Day 15-17 + White Day aren't even released yet)
In a few months I would be 3-4 updates ahead of schedule. I.e. instead of working ahead further and further,
I would rather make sure to always be 1 Ecchi Sensei update ahead of schedule and I'd put the rest of the time into a side project. Thus there are absolutely no delays for you, but you get extra content.

Whatever you vote for, we'll go with the majority option.
A
: Yes (Ecchi Sensei will become a pure sandbox game starting with ingame day X)
B: No (Ecchi Sensei will remain a pure VN with the exception of weekday evenings)

So long,
Blue

A has 49 Votes

B has 289 Votes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: XMonste and 000000

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018

Ladies and gentlemen of the interwebz!

You have made your decision and I would like to thank all of you who participated in the vote.
Ecchi Sensei will not become a 100% sandbox game, but more importantly, you're giving us more time and energy to put into Ecchi Sensei to create the biggest Visual Novel ever in human history!
Many of you grew very fond of Ecchi Sensei and the fact that you really are playing through the game which my colleagues and I put so much time and energy into line by line. Of course there are some people who skip through some passages but not everything can be interesting to everybody and that's a good thing.
But before I get any more sentimental and throw myself on the ground and present you my belly in a catlike manner, let's go back to the important thing and I'll explain today's poll based on the results of the previous one.

It's actually quite simple. You can now vote for one of three options to determine what our future updates look like.
Currently we need almost 8 weeks to develop 3 ingame days with 2000+ images and 20k+ lines of code with 100k+ words.
We thought we should reduce the number of ingame days per update again because it's really damn hard to produce many days per update while sticking to an image/lines of code/word limit. Back then, it used to be a lot easier for me to produce individual ingame days every 4-5 weeks compared to what we are doing at the moment.

So, here are your options:
A.) A huge update with 3 or more ingame days every 8~ weeks
B.) A half as big update with 1-2 ingame days every 4~ weeks
C.) "I don't care, BlueCat, just do as you please"
Since some of you have messaged me during the previous poll to find out what my preferred option is, option C now exists for this poll.
To be on the safe side, I want to say that this poll determines guidelines that my team and I will try to stick to. That means: We will use the deadlines as goals, but we cannot guarantee that, if, for instance, you vote for option B, we really do constant releases every 4~ weeks for multiple years.
There are too many variables that I cannot personally control. But I can guarantee that, since Ecchi Sensei Day 1, I have always managed to achieve my set workload target. No matter if I was sick or real life interfered with my work one way or another.
We will always try our best to satisfy you in both quality and quantity and, as always, I will say goodbye to you with my usual:

NO! Not yet. First I have to tell the non-Tier-5+ patrons among you what the aforementioned patrons are able to vote on in the next poll. Yes, the next poll is going to be another T5+ poll. That means your vote will count differently based on your tier. You can find more info in the list of benefits to the individual tiers starting with tier 5.
Okay, so the next poll is gonna be really freakin' awesome because you get to decide what the first "Ecchi" side project is going to be.

Again, for those of you who forgot:
All the side projects are intended to take place in the "Ecchiverse".
All side projects will not cause any negative impact on the development speed on Ecchi Sensei under any circumstances.
All side projects would be finished by the time Ecchi Sensei concludes.
Thus there are absolutely no delays for you, but you get extra content.

So, in the next poll, you get to choose the genre.
(Another aside info: There will be a lot of polls in the next few weeks)

So, here are your options:
A.) A huge update with 3 or more ingame days every 8~ weeks
B.) A half as big update with 1-2 ingame days every 4~ weeks
C.) "I don't care, BlueCat, just do as you please"

Okay. But now:

So long,
Blue

A Has 54 Votes

B Has 87 Votes

C Has 150 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
well US Navy websites work best with IE, they tend to get updated to handle chrome and firefox at some point, but IE is the one to use if you have issues. it is pretty messed up, and not the way to do things, but government is like that.

I have another theory:
she had a sexual relationship with her father, behind her mother's back. she got pregnant and thus her mother found out. her mother decided she was to have an abortion and came down hard on her and her father. she loved her father, but her father decided to side with her mother to try and save the marriage. this lead to depression and stuff until she met the MC, and her soul being crushed meant she was following her mother's will. this is why the little sister was told what she was told.

of course this is just my theory, which is about as much hopeful thinking as educated guess. just think about what it will be like if the father had simply raped her and then she finds out about your relationship with your daughters. of course both seem equally plausible to me based on the info that has been given.
Well you see this part of your statement is not correct:::until she met the MC::: , they were dating and he found out about it.
I don't know the full story yet and maybe we will get it in another flash back.
MC and her left in the middle of the night. (I am not sure on this part.)

The little sister was told lie's, we will have to wait and see what happens when they both find out about each other.

MC and her were dating for a long time before she got pregnant.
I don't think she had an affair with her dad but the dad raped her, just my theory and will have to wait on the story to tell us the truth.

Aioria619

Apr 23, 2017
In the end it is known who Mao's true father is, only a beta cuck Asian mc would keep another's son.there are so many theories that it seems an alien conspiracy, it will not be the father of mao an alien.

HaremLord

Apr 24, 2018
Guys, now that I have completed and saved week 1 in android, how to transfer these saved files and continue from where I left in week 2?

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
I like the poll,
I kinda wish they had a vote option for a hybrid.
Proper VN for core characters and sandbox training for others.
With so many charectors and more added wuth patreon account level benefits I cant see them covering everyone before 2030+ without sandboxing 70% of them.
Edit to correct awful spelling

Last edited:

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
Too bad that my previous saves doesn't work with the alpha version of day 15-17. i'll have to wait for a more stable release i suppose.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Is it okay if i dont rape Haruka?Or that rape is part of her story?..she is poor and i dont like the idea to rape her..that crazy nurse girl probably get raped or gangbang in the past,she become mentally ill because of that.

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Too bad that my previous saves doesn't work with the alpha version of day 15-17. i'll have to wait for a more stable release i suppose.
I managed to get my save to work by coping the *.save and persistant files from
X:\Game Install location\EcchiSensei-D8-14v1.0_FINAL\game\saves
to
X:\Gamei Install location\EcchiSensei-D15-17_ALPHA_v0.8\game\saves
be sure to back up the existing files before doing this.
I found the same method worked from week 1 to week 2.
Only issue i found was it renamed me back to Matsu but that was a quick fix.

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Is it okay if i dont rape Haruka?Or that rape is part of her story?..she is poor and i dont like the idea to rape her..that crazy nurse girl probably get raped or gangbang in the past, she become mentally ill because of that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genji
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes