Apr 19, 2020
Oh OK Thank you! Is there a specific reason why its done this way?
Yeah it was made into separate weeks, probably because each week is extremely large in file size, however the next update is the month 1 merge, and then it'll just be one file so it'll be easier to manage and play. It should be out in the 2 months (No release date yet though) so you could wait for that if you wanted to

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Is this applicable for android also?
I guess since the way it works is that all week are considered the same game and thus share the same persistent data folder. If you can use your old saves when you play a new version of a renpy game on android then it will be ok.

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
BlueCat
Nov 15, 2020 10:57 PM
Public post
1605512892787.png
Heyho,
like I reported last week, thanks to a data leak caused by the CIA and the FBI and, of course, the DEA as well, I'm currently busy and forced to rewrite a few old scripts in German again.
Day 4 as well as the first Past Time episode are done. Now what's missing are Day 5 and the Halloween Special from 2018, and that's what I'm currently working on.
In the meantime, Akanoes is busy revamping a big portion of our features. Currently he is working on making all the character info section more lightweight so we are able to reduce the size by at least 80%.

You're wondering how he's doing it?
Back then, nearly everything got hardcoded, meaning that we used, for instance, 200 1080p images and that's why the feature was so big, which you felt every time you downloaded a new version of the game.
So we're reducing the number of these big images by putting the majority of the text in the code itself. This is not only how we save megabytes, but also implement multiple languages more easily.
For instance, if you're playing in German, the charinfo and other elements of the UI will be in German. Without retooling this system, we would need to make another 200 images - just for one additional language. With French and German, that would be ~600 images, and since we want to add more languages to the game in the future, that's an absolute NO-GO!

Alright, I'll head off again and report back to you next week.

So long
Blue

Last edited:

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Nice to see that it is progressing, even slowly. I hope the UI change means that character cards can be kept current with the latest releases in the future.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Oh, so what I do each week has zero impact on the story for next week?
As someone already said, you can import saves from Week to Week. It's worth noting though, that once the Month 1 merge drops the current three weeks will be rendered obsolete and you'll no longer being able to import saves to newer content from them. So, you may as well wait for the Month 1 merge if you care about carrying choices over. The merge will also come with bug fixes, integrated mechanics and will be a much smaller download size compare to the current Week 1.

creepycat

Aug 17, 2020
So i downloaded the split links version for mac and extracted the links to get a full .zip file.But the .zip file doesnt extract, as in it says unable to expand (Error 0- Undefined error :0). So can anyone tell me if my extractor is malfunctioning or if the file is corrupted?

creepycat

Aug 17, 2020
So i downloaded the split links version for mac and extracted the links to get a full .zip file.But the .zip file doesnt extract, as in it says unable to expand (Error 0- Undefined error :0). So can anyone tell me if my extractor is malfunctioning or if the file is corrupted?
This is for week 1 uncompressed

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I'm not sure, but the current versions are a bit jank at the moment. If you have the patience, I recommend waiting for the upcoming Month 1 merge before jumping in. It's come with a bunch of bug fixes, proper integration of mechanics, maybe some minor rewrites, and will be the only way to import saves once they start releasing new content after it releases.

If you don't care about all that, feel free to ignore me.

creepycat

Aug 17, 2020
I'm not sure, but the current versions are a bit jank at the moment. If you have the patience, I recommend waiting for the upcoming Month 1 merge before jumping in. It's come with a bunch of bug fixes, proper integration of mechanics, maybe some minor rewrites, and will be the only way to import saves once they start releasing new content after it releases.

If you don't care about all that, feel free to ignore me.
Thank you.I think I will wait for the Month 1 merge

Reactions: RandoCard3

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Im strangely getting hyped to play content ive already played before again lol. Im worried though about the continued necessity of mods with the month one merge. Ideally Blue and the team changed the conditions where selecting certain scenes blocked off others which Lain circumvented with her mod - especially if this is the one way you will now be able to take your save games going forward to future updates. I dont like the idea of not progressing certain girls because i was with others instead and the game benefits more from having a big cast if its seeing them all and not at expense of one another but that is just me.

Reactions: HansDampf788

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Im strangely getting hyped to play content ive already played before again lol. Im worried though about the continued necessity of mods with the month one merge. Ideally Blue and the team changed the conditions where selecting certain scenes blocked off others which Lain circumvented with her mod - especially if this is the one way you will now be able to take your save games going forward to future updates. I dont like the idea of not progressing certain girls because i was with others instead and the game benefits more from having a big cast if its seeing them all and not at expense of one another but that is just me.
I don't think any of the divergent paths ever lock you out of future content though, do they? I think it just results in alternate dialogue.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes