Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
If month 1 ever gets released it'll probably be the only thing that will see 2021.
You're actually certifiably wrong, as we had this kind of wait during Week 1, and then it launched back into doing MORE content than before. Blue is an eager cat to get to work on something that isn't this fucking merge, and so once its done he gets to get back to plotting world domination through Ecchi Sensei and giving us the goods, and you can eat your words.

ANUBIS969

Dec 9, 2017
I just thought i look by and wish you all a wonderful Day and weekend. And ofc i was hoping to may read somet about when the next awesome update will come. But i am also patient because i know they wont disappoint us and the wait is worth it. Plus Neco police is watching over us all so we are safe ^-^well anyways, thank you for all the great wonderful time you already did gift us all throw you amazing game <3 i hope you are fine and stay save

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Is there any point to imputing the code in the basement during Week 1? If I recall, it just says to come back later, in which case, why not have that scene later?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Is there any point to imputing the code in the basement during Week 1? If I recall, it just says to come back later, in which case, why not have that scene later?
Makes people think, if they weren't given the code they'd have a whetted appetite instead of just seeing it be empty

Jack1938

May 17, 2017
Is the wedding supposed to be week 4 or is that later? Been way too long since I played.

Thought you might like that loophole exploitation.
I'm pretty sure we're going to Tomoe's family's home, but I'm not sure if it's the wedding. To be honest, while I am trying to simply maintain discussion, a part of me asking for reminders on what the characters have planned for Week 4. Visiting Tomoe with our family and Fuyu is pretty much all I remember. At least, I think Fuyu is coming?

And yes, I did :)
IIRC Tomoe's wedding/home visit supposed to happen during autumn.

D

Deleted member 2107272

I know that everyone, especially Patreon people, are disappointed in the complete radio silence. So here's how you can speed up both the update and the information about it:

The end of the month is coming, which means that Patreon is gonna charge you cash soon. So you do three things:

1. Post that you are stopping the support for this game on Patreon until there are updates, somewhere the dev will see.
2. Stop the support on Patreon.
3. (optional) buy $GME
4. Sit back and watch the concept of time preference rear its head at the devs.
5. Watch how they react.

If enough people do it, we just might see a status update sooner.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I know that everyone, especially Patreon people, are disappointed in the complete radio silence. So here's how you can speed up both the update and the information about it:

The end of the month is coming, which means that Patreon is gonna charge you cash soon. So you do three things:

1. Post that you are stopping the support for this game on Patreon until there are updates, somewhere the dev will see.
3. (optional) buy $GME
5. Watch how they react.

How about, and I'm just spitballing here, you get lost?

They gave you an update, in this thread, you just have to go read it from bluecat himself-use the search function. I have also told you what is happening. Stop being so dramatic, you do not need a status update. Again, I repeat myself, there is just a whole lot of proofreading going on, that is your update, once proofreading is done then you will hear about it. There, there is your update.

I can tell none of you are patrons who are talking about radio silence, because you'd know Bluecat said that the monthly updates were coming to a close. They don't need to tell you every time they wipe their ass, you just need to be aware that sometimes a step is taking a fucking long as time an you'll be informed when that step is done and over with.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I can tell none of you are patrons who are talking about radio silence, because you'd know Bluecat said that the monthly updates were coming to a close. They don't need to tell you every time they wipe their ass, you just need to be aware that sometimes a step is taking a fucking long as time an you'll be informed when that step is done and over with.
Not sure why you're so offended when the fact of the matter is Patreon is their source of income and it's been radio silence. It would be wrong to assume that *all* patreons follow discord etc to get updates elsewhere but then there's also the flip side: people who are new and may want to support will see his gone radio silent when looking at his past post date compared to how frequently the posts before that is.

Point is, it's just bad business to existing and potential customers given how frequently he was posting. Just to drill this home: His past 6 months of posts were more or less weekly outside an odd one or two.

Now as a fan, these mergers always seem to take forever.... I almost question why even do it in the first place when you can end up going so long without any content. I think they should redo their work schedule so it's atleast 50/50 so new content is always coming even if it's less per update.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Makes people think, if they weren't given the code they'd have a whetted appetite instead of just seeing it be empty
Then I hope they remove that section. Now that we've been to that room, the Saki scene doesn't really add anything.

IIRC Tomoe's wedding/home visit supposed to happen during autumn.
God, really? I was sure it was Week 4. What is planned for Week 4 then?

3. (optional) buy $GME
5. Watch how they react.

But if it's not finished or functional, what's the point of releasing it now anyway? That's just going to result in the 6 month merge taking longer. Stop supporting if you feel you're not getting your money's worth, sure. Don't think it's going to speed things up though.

Now as a fan, these mergers always seem to take forever.... I almost question why even do it in the first place when you can end up going so long without any content. I think they should redo their work schedule so it's atleast 50/50 so new content is always coming even if it's less per update.
From what I understand, without these merges to fix bugs and implement mechanics, any new content would just be doubling down on whatever bugs or other problems already exist, like how the phone causing crashes a lot and the Character Bios don't update. Adding new content would likely render all the work going into the Merge pointless or cause the merge to take longer. As for the Discord, I don't think anyone is getting any extra news there. They mostly just post cat pictures at each other from what I can tell.

AlfieT84

Dec 22, 2017
Mika is the girl with Blue Hair, she has money issues and does not get enough food, you help her get a job at the club.
She's one of my top 5 favorite girls :)
Yeah Mika has more or less told us everything goes. I just want more exploration of what "everything" can involve. It is of vital importance we give Mika every chance to prove how useful she is for rent money.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
I loved the game, but there are so many problems. I read about devs update here about milking patrons etc. It was a convincing read, but there are so many problems. First off, dev is bragging about Ecchi Sensei being the largest (16gb) and longest VN. From my experience, I have seen better characters and more scenes with lesser file size. which indicate dev doesn't care about compression or optimisation, othervise there's no way a VN can be 16gb, and ES doesn't have exceeding amounts of pictures as well, I mean yeah it has lot's of it, but only about 3x-4x times of a 2-4gb VN. So an acceptable size for this game should stand between 7-10gb at max. and this game's 16gb for only the first week, add 2gb per week later. It's just insane.

For the first month update, their claim that it is to make the game releases into months not weeks. I would like to remind that they were doing it days at first then they merged it to weeks, so this doesn't work and month system will fuck up at some point as well. And they're not going to include 4th week to the first month update. ?? why? what were you guys doing in the meantime? I understand merging 3 weeks and making a new format could take time but can it take ALL of your time? also after waiting for months and still waiting, they will release 1st month update withouth 4th week and you will have to wait a whole 3 more weeks since they won't be releasing 4th week standalone but will release it inside the 2nd month update which god know when will be released. So as one of you said that there won't be any updates in 2021, is pretty accurate I would say. maybe they will add 4th week but nothing more.

And as I said before, WE downloaded 16 gb 1 st week, then downloaded every week 2gb per week. Game folders can't merge, you had to move save files and all the stuff, it's not ideal for a game to proceed. They are not trying to solve these MAIN problems. They're just doing the same mistake they did with days>weeks period. Why can't they just make a base game folder and add updates OVER it. instead of having us download whole new games each and every update. I haven't seen a patreon of a VN in this site that gains as much as this game gains. so they have the money to do it. since they have the money, they can hire staff that can make it happen. but no, they just don't give a crap about it and continue making unrendered scenes and characters in PlayHome "Illusion, and this dev is the first dev that I see use PlayHome instead of literally anything." "which is another problem and just goes to show you how lazy the dev is. Instead of this, majority of the VN devs are using HS or DAZ3D, why you ask? because of vast ocean of mods and unending collection of things. This is the reason why the characters and scenes haven't improved since 2018, the game release date." and publishing it as a new game.

I will repeat myself here, dev is bragging about how big and large his game is. The reason for this is unrendered, uncompressed, unoptimized game files/folders/images. I haven't seen any attempt to make this* thing* into a proper game* or VN.

Again, dev is bragging about this game being the longest code and text etc etc.... firstly, if codes for a linear game is longer than most and is way too long, that indicates something is wrong. You don't want pages of pages of codes going around. and this actually proves that why they had to merge day/day updates into week/week ones and now they're trying to do month/month ones. It's poor coding and planning that caused this imo. AND this game isn't the longes VN at all. I can just give you a title here, "Renryuu Ascension" A large ass world map, open world gameplay, many characters and 100+ gameplay time. avarage gameplay time for VN's in this platform is 20+ Renryuu just tops that shit. AND if you go and look up that game, you will se that since that game has started developing the artwork has changed dramatically. new game mechanich have added. which what you would expect from a developing game. now that game and ecchi sensei not in the same category. but they both are VN's at the end of the day.

I was pro-dev when I finished the game and read the dev post here after hearing people say "Devs are milking patrons" I defended the devs. But after hearing that first month won't have any new content, and consistency of not solving save/new game download requirements... I can no longer defend them and I'm convinced that they're milking the patrons. If you're patron of this game, unpledge. It's your money I am no one to tell you to what to do with it but it's my advice that you stop pledging because it might take until 2022 until we receive any update.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I loved the game, but there are so many problems. I read about devs update here about milking patrons etc. It was a convincing read, but there are so many problems. First off, dev is bragging about Ecchi Sensei being the largest (16gb) and longest VN. From my experience, I have seen better characters and more scenes with lesser file size. which indicate dev doesn't care about compression or optimisation, othervise there's no way a VN can be 16gb, and ES doesn't have exceeding amounts of pictures as well, I mean yeah it has lot's of it, but only about 3x-4x times of a 2-4gb VN. So an acceptable size for this game should stand between 7-10gb at max. and this game's 16gb for only the first week, add 2gb per week later. It's just insane.

For the first month update, their claim that it is to make the game releases into months not weeks. I would like to remind that they were doing it days at first then they merged it to weeks, so this doesn't work and month system will fuck up at some point as well. And they're not going to include 4th week to the first month update. ?? why? what were you guys doing in the meantime? I understand merging 3 weeks and making a new format could take time but can it take ALL of your time? also after waiting for months and still waiting, they will release 1st month update withouth 4th week and you will have to wait a whole 3 more weeks since they won't be releasing 4th week standalone but will release it inside the 2nd month update which god know when will be released. So as one of you said that there won't be any updates in 2021, is pretty accurate I would say. maybe they will add 4th week but nothing more.

And as I said before, WE downloaded 16 gb 1 st week, then downloaded every week 2gb per week. Game folders can't merge, you had to move save files and all the stuff, it's not ideal for a game to proceed. They are not trying to solve these MAIN problems. They're just doing the same mistake they did with days>weeks period. Why can't they just make a base game folder and add updates OVER it. instead of having us download whole new games each and every update. I haven't seen a patreon of a VN in this site that gains as much as this game gains. so they have the money to do it. since they have the money, they can hire staff that can make it happen. but no, they just don't give a crap about it and continue making unrendered scenes and characters in PlayHome "Illusion, and this dev is the first dev that I see use PlayHome instead of literally anything." "which is another problem and just goes to show you how lazy the dev is. Instead of this, majority of the VN devs are using HS or DAZ3D, why you ask? because of vast ocean of mods and unending collection of things. This is the reason why the characters and scenes haven't improved since 2018, the game release date." and publishing it as a new game.

I will repeat myself here, dev is bragging about how big and large his game is. The reason for this is unrendered, uncompressed, unoptimized game files/folders/images. I haven't seen any attempt to make this* thing* into a proper game* or VN.

Again, dev is bragging about this game being the longest code and text etc etc.... firstly, if codes for a linear game is longer than most and is way too long, that indicates something is wrong. You don't want pages of pages of codes going around. and this actually proves that why they had to merge day/day updates into week/week ones and now they're trying to do month/month ones. It's poor coding and planning that caused this imo. AND this game isn't the longes VN at all. I can just give you a title here, "Renryuu Ascension" A large ass world map, open world gameplay, many characters and 100+ gameplay time. avarage gameplay time for VN's in this platform is 20+ Renryuu just tops that shit. AND if you go and look up that game, you will se that since that game has started developing the artwork has changed dramatically. new game mechanich have added. which what you would expect from a developing game. now that game and ecchi sensei not in the same category. but they both are VN's at the end of the day.

I was pro-dev when I finished the game and read the dev post here after hearing people say "Devs are milking patrons" I defended the devs. But after hearing that first month won't have any new content, and consistency of not solving save/new game download requirements... I can no longer defend them and I'm convinced that they're milking the patrons. If you're patron of this game, unpledge. It's your money I am no one to tell you to what to do with it but it's my advice that you stop pledging because it might take until 2022 until we receive any update.
There's alot to respond to hear so I'm going to try just listing my response to ensure it's clear.

The fact that this is the "Largest Visual Novel" doesn't actually matter. I'm not sure why you're making it the core of your complaints. It's a nice to selling point, but it ultimately doesn't mean anything. At least not yet.

Week 1 was horrendously optimized. This is well known, by us and the devs. Look to Week 2 and 3 for a more accurate idea of what to expect. They've clearly learned how to better use the engine.

They've not claimed that they'll be releasing in Months. There will be the Month 1 merge, the 6 month merge and the eventual 1 year final release merge. Other than that, things will likely progress how they did before they started on the Month 1 Merge.

Month 1 is supposed to be a functional baseline for future releases to build on top of, with the focus being on bug fixes and implementing mechanics that will have a bigger part later on. Even if they did decide to add Week 4, they couldn't add it until they had stamped out all the problems with the base game, and at that point all that would do is delay the release of Month 1. They may as well just get it done, so they can focus on new content later. And as I said, there will be no Month 2. The next release will be covering 2-3 days, just like they always have. The next big merge will be at the 6 month mark.

Firstly, you're getting to hung up on the "Biggest VN" thing. It literally doesn't matter. Also, what are you on about? It's very obviously a visual novel. Whether it's a good one, is subjective of course, but you can't deny that it is what it is. That's nonsense.

We knew Month 1 was just a new baseline with no new content since before we stopped getting new content. It's not the devs fault that some people don't look into things themselves.

Edit: The reason people probably aren't unpledging is because they understand all this too and have no issue paying while they wait. And don't tell people to unpledge, dude. It's tacky.

Apr 19, 2020

The main thing to remember is, is that a lot of issues you've written about are being fixed. The files and images etc are being optimised - the game size will be much smaller - and saves will be compatible with future releases. Also, having all of the game within the month merge instead of as separate days and weeks will make it easier to organise and it'll lead to less downloads and managing the game files etc
Also while Renryuu is a good game it's more of an RPG than a visual novel. I think as things stand, either this or Aokana are the longest VN's on this site. But I'd say it is this, mainly because it will be 10x the size of aokana when it's finished (We've played 3 weeks out of the 52 that it will be), so either way it will be longer at the least
But I digress, when the merge is released the negative feelings will go. And the wait for the update will be worth it, as it will have fixed the majority of issues that you highlighted

raggedsunbeam

May 7, 2020
Seems that the past few days there have been a lot of posts from people upset with the devs and advocating un-pledging. I'm not going to comment about that, but I will say that I HAVE NOT pledged because when I looked at the patreon I did not see:
  • A freaking game plan. Do they have the plot for the whole year or are they just winging it?
  • Where are they in writing? Have they outlined day 22/365? Day 40/365? Day 300/365?
  • What are their current technical blockers and what steps are they making to mitigate that risk?
  • Is he (sorry if I've assumed the wrong gender) going to hire/contract additional help at certain funding milestones to improve the product and push it out faster?
  • What is the business plan? Is this a labor of love or when done will it go on Steam or something?
Without this kind of information I don't feel like its a worthwhile use of my money. Just my thoughts.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes