RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I honestly forgot about this game, they must be spending the money on hookers and blow because i honestly have no idea how it's taking this long, there are games on here far more demanding (from a coding and writing pov) that don't take this long.
It was literally explained why on the post before yours. C'mon man, I get not wanting through sift hundreds of pages, but at least read the last few replies so you don't end up repeating stuff that was answered minutes earlier. Otherwise people are going to assume you're a troll or a fool.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
It was literally explained why on the post before yours. C'mon man, I get not wanting through sift hundreds of pages, but at least read the last few replies so you don't end up repeating stuff that was answered minutes earlier. Otherwise people are going to assume you're a troll or a fool.
Oh i saw the explanations, i've just seen many a dev have similar explanations in the past when they start losing steam/interest.

The wait just seems excessive for a ren'py game.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Oh i saw the explanations, i've just seen many a dev have similar explanations in the past when they start losing steam/interest.

The wait just seems excessive for a ren'py game.
It is, but it's because the initial releases came out super busted due the devs inexperience. And the first fix was rushed out and busted it more. Month 1 is supposed to be fix all of that and adding a few extra things that won't pay off in the merge, but will benefit from being put in at the foundation for when it starts being relevant.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
For fuck sakes, you pirates...

Here's the scoop, Number 1, this is not being milked by any means: WE THE PATRONS VOTED FOR THIS SYSTEM, IT WAS OUR CHOICE, WE WANTED IT LIKE THIS! We all voted we wanted merges to go out like this, with all the hassles and bullshit that comes with it because then its all out of the way. That's what the paying consumers of Bluecats work told him to do, thus he does it, obeying the people who actually pay him. If you are a patron, and didn't vote on it? Too bad, we the majority decided it for you. Live with the fact this is reality.

Number 2, this is Bluecats life, this is the start to much bigger things, he wouldn't destroy that by being a donger and deciding to burn this bridge over some short term gains. You know nothing of the dev of the passion he puts into his work, and how he wants Ecchi Sensei to be so much more than a simple VN. If you do not like the style, the progress, the way that development transpires the door is right there, please take yourself away with your unwanted negativity and unwarranted criticisms over a non existent issue of 'milking' patrons.

The game will release, at some point, when shit stops fucking up long enough for it to happen. Until then good news, I'm here to at least try to keep things smoothed over, and not just let you guys just wither on the vine for updates as to what is going on. Stop making flagrantly false claims, until you have any actual evidence to back them they are invalid and irksome to say the least. Feel free to critique the actual content of the game, get annoyed its taking forever, by all means we all are. However, do not accuse the dev team of just trying to make a quick cash grab from this by killing off their dedicated base with horseshit.

With that, I have had a long ass day, I'm out. Stop accusing the creator of being a scammer, he's doing exactly what we told him we wanted done god dammit. So if you wanna blame anyone, blame me and everyone else who voted all at once merges to fix problem areas. I can take it.

Belghast

Nov 18, 2017
Hey guys, I just downloaded week 1 The only DM patch I can find doesn't work right with it so I'm wondering if anyone could hook me up with the version that came out with week 1?

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Hey guys, I just downloaded week 1 The only DM patch I can find doesn't work right with it so I'm wondering if anyone could hook me up with the version that came out with week 1?
It's there on Lewdpatcher, scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it says Show previous versions and then scroll through the list until you find Week 1 - Final.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
For fuck sakes, you pirates...
WE THE PATRONS VOTED FOR THIS SYSTEM, IT WAS OUR CHOICE, WE WANTED IT LIKE THIS!
Oh how I would love to see your face when actually the update comes out with no new content and no new mechanics with just some UI improvements and some of the "WIP for years" assets that has no influence on the story or gameplay. This is a ren'py game, the game was up for years without any new asssets added. I could name certarin ren'py games that adding new assets or game mechanics every 4-8 months but the moderators are nice guys and I don't want to upset them, I was bad but now I am good.

I would like to remind you that, first 6 days merge into 1st week didn't add any new game mechanics, content or anything. We still had to download not every day but now every week, and had to move saves manually etc etc. There are still many assets saying WIP since from the day 1 years ago, and those assets aren't hardcore super duper complicated things they're simple stuff and yet still WIP. I actually am not angry to the devs, this is their game, their patreon, their money. I am angry at you guys who defend these people. And can't stop myself from writing.

This game has a super potential if it's made into a free roaming sandbox game where you can play with girls around the city, where the game doesn't force you into linear path where you fuck everyone. But lets you play however you want. It would be incredibly good if the girls had quests for relationship improvements, dates, schedules where you can track and know where to find a speceific girl at specific time. etc.etc it would be one of the greatest VN's out there since the characterss are super great. But I don't see this dream becoming a reality under this dev, ffs he didn't even fixed the save issues for years. All he need to do was make a base ren'py game and add days/weeks as updates/patches. Like any other dev makes. and from there on, he could've improved the gameplay etc. but we'll see

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Oh how I would love to see your face when actually the update comes out with no new content and no new mechanics with just some UI improvements and some of the "WIP for years" assets that has no influence on the story or gameplay. This is a ren'py game, the game was up for years without any new asssets added. I could name certarin ren'py games that adding new assets or game mechanics every 4-8 months but the moderators are nice guys and I don't want to upset them, I was bad but now I am good.

I would like to remind you that, first 6 days merge into 1st week didn't add any new game mechanics, content or anything. We still had to download not every day but now every week, and had to move saves manually etc etc. There are still many assets saying WIP since from the day 1 years ago, and those assets aren't hardcore super duper complicated things they're simple stuff and yet still WIP. I actually am not angry to the devs, this is their game, their patreon, their money. I am angry at you guys who defend these people. And can't stop myself from writing.

This game has a super potential if it's made into a free roaming sandbox game where you can play with girls around the city, where the game doesn't force you into linear path where you fuck everyone. But lets you play however you want. It would be incredibly good if the girls had quests for relationship improvements, dates, schedules where you can track and know where to find a speceific girl at specific time. etc.etc it would be one of the greatest VN's out there since the characterss are super great. But I don't see this dream becoming a reality under this dev, ffs he didn't even fixed the save issues for years. All he need to do was make a base ren'py game and add days/weeks as updates/patches. Like any other dev makes. and from there on, he could've improved the gameplay etc. but we'll see
We know no new assets are being added, and we know the mechanics that are being added aren't likely to have much pay off in the merge itself, as they're being put in now to assure no problems later on when they need to work.

And it is getting a semi-sandbox element added, where we can visit the girls in any order, or not at all. The schedule thing sounds like a bunch of busywork though. I personally couldn't care less about that kinda thing, but that's just a matter of personal preferences.

The save issue is one of the things getting fixed in the merge.

And perhaps I just don't explore this site enough, but as far as I can tell, that's not how other devs release their games. It seems to me that, they'll add the new stuff to the base game, and have us download the whole thing all over again. I'm sure there are exception, but the one bulk download seems to be the norm here. For me, Ecchi Sensei is one of the least frustrating to download and play, once they figured out how to keep the sizes reasonable.

I don't enjoy jumping to the devs defence. I'm just sick of seeing people make accusations and spread misinformation that could have easily been avoided if even a tiny bit of research was done. I'm not a patron, so all this information is available to all of us. I'd rather just talk about best girl or something. This shit exhausting.

weissbrot

May 27, 2018
Speaking of frustrating, telling new people that the month one compilation is just around the corner is not okay, it sets the wrong expectations. When I picked this game up in... November I think, folks were already saying this back then.

And I get that this was done with the best intentions and still is, but it would be more honest to say we plain don't know when the update might hit. And that's okay, game development hits setbacks all the time, even with so called triple-A studios...

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Speaking of frustrating, telling new people that the month one compilation is just around the corner is not okay, it sets the wrong expectations. When I picked this game up in... November I think, folks were already saying this back then.

And I get that this was done with the best intentions and still is, but it would be more honest to say we plain don't know when the update might hit. And that's okay, game development hits setbacks all the time, even with so called triple-A studios...
That's fair.

At the time, that was accurate. Currently though, yeah, it's still up in the air for most of us.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
The save issue is one of the things getting fixed in the merge.
There are devs that abuse what I said, like making a base game of 2-4 GB and then releasing updates of 400-500 MB. how they abuse it? they're releasing updates "weekly" and for 5-10 mins gameplay. you get exhausted after some time. because you wait 1 week and get 5 mins of gameplay if you're fast enough. it's not worth the wait and by doing this, they're presenting themselves as "active and updating devs" therefore earning more patrons etc. which is fine actually since you're getting constant updates. but it reall is tiring to follow the game. I mean like in a month you get 4 updates and if you want to follow them as soon as they come out. It's tiring to patch the game, check the changelog to know what is added, open the game, and all this for 5 mins. It's still better than not releasing any announcements and delaying updates like this. But not ideal imo.

Save issue is fixed? hmm. They're going to make us play the whole game again, this alone is so bad already. and how they didn't managed to solve save issue in past years?

The dev says this is the largest VN (by file size) and longest coded VN. Ofcourse it is because the coding is shite. You want your codes to be as short as possible for optimizing. it is the largest VN because there's no optimization, no compression. He isn't even using HS for making the static scenes because it's too much work. he's using the same assets. HS has so many mods and improvements you can add/lear over time just like DAZ3D. And he's out there saying proudly that he's not using DAZ3D or HS because he doesn't wanna deal with mods/plugins so he can easily pump out scenes, bragging about how long the code sheet is making use of people who don't know what that means. Bragging about file size, which is a BS.

And the month 1 was to be released in JAN. Do you wanna know what I taught when they said that we won't be able to make it to the new year? I was expecting 1-2 weeks of delay. why? because when a developer is working on an update for months and give you a date beforehand, they can very well say that they won't be able to make it to that date, but that should mean that they "nearly" finished the update but it needs some smoothing, a little bit of testing perhaps, it should take days, or a few weeks, It's been 3 months and counting, what kind of delay is this? you can start working from scratch and release a brand new ren'py game if you try hard enough in 3 months, and this goes without mentioning that he already has the static scenes, the story is there, event map is there, Text is there. They're just lazy or milking there's no 3rd option here.

Last edited by a moderator:

yamcha

Jun 23, 2018
I am surprised it is taking so long but I am looking forward to when it is finally done(if it gets done). I hope he has not been charging every month for this because unless he communicates that he has work done then who knows if it is actually being done. With Covid you would think a lot of people would have time on their hands to do these games.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
There are devs that abuse what I said, like making a base game of 2-4 GB and then releasing updates of 400-500 MB. how they abuse it? they're releasing updates "weekly" and for 5-10 mins gameplay. you get exhausted after some time. because you wait 1 week and get 5 mins of gameplay if you're fast enough. it's not worth the wait and by doing this, they're presenting themselves as "active and updating devs" therefore earning more patrons etc. which is fine actually since you're getting constant updates. but it reall is tiring to follow the game. I mean like in a month you get 4 updates and if you want to follow them as soon as they come out. It's tiring to patch the game, check the changelog to know what is added, open the game, and all this for 5 mins. It's still better than not releasing any announcements and delaying updates like this. But not ideal imo.

Save issue is fixed? hmm. They're going to make us play the whole game again, this alone is so bad already. and how they didn't managed to solve save issue in past years?

The dev says this is the largest VN (by file size) and longest coded VN. Ofcourse it is because the coding is shite. You want your codes to be as short as possible for optimizing. it is the largest VN because there's no optimization, no compression. He isn't even using HS for making the static scenes because it's too much work. he's using the same assets. HS has so many mods and improvements you can add/lear over time just like DAZ3D. And he's out there saying proudly that he's not using DAZ3D or HS because he doesn't wanna deal with mods/plugins so he can easily pump out scenes, bragging about how long the code sheet is making use of people who don't know what that means. Bragging about file size, which is a BS.

And the month 1 was to be released in JAN. Do you wanna know what I taught when they said that we won't be able to make it to the new year? I was expecting 1-2 weeks of delay. why? because when a developer is working on an update for months and give you a date beforehand, they can very well say that they won't be able to make it to that date, but that should mean that they "nearly" finished the update but it needs some smoothing, a little bit of testing perhaps, it should take days, or a few weeks, It's been 3 months and counting, what kind of delay is this? you can start working from scratch and release a brand new ren'py game if you try hard enough in 3 months, and this goes without mentioning that he already has the static scenes, the story is there, event map is there, Text is there. They're just lazy or milking there's no 3rd option here.
Yeah, that doesn't sound like a fun game to follow.

I'll admit, I'm not the well versed in coding myself, but considering how busted the code was, I don't think it was possible to simply fix saves, the phone, and the stats page without that leading to more stuff breaking. Like you said, the earlier stuff isn't the most well putt together under the surface. Even I can see that. One of the reasons Month 1 is taking as long as it is, is because they need to go back and unpack all that, fix all the bugs and set down a solid foundation for the rest of the game, so we don't have to go through all this again. Alot of the things you're complaining about, are exactly what is being addressed and why it's taking so long.

Personally, I don't think the whole "biggest VN ever" thing matters, one way or the other. As long as there is enough content to keep me going, then I don't see how it matters except as a advertising point. I don't think BlueCat themselves has actually bragged themself about it, have they? I know a few fans have, but I don't think the dev themself has mentioned outside of that being the eventual plan. I could be wrong here though. I have no issues with the engine either. I'd have preferred original assets obviously, but barely anyone does that anyway, so I'm not going to hold that against him.

We all though it was only going to be a few weeks. We didn't know a key member of the team had taken ill though. The fact that this still seems to be the case, suggests it wasn't just a case of the sniffles either. I'm just speculating though.

As for the map, i think that was supposed to be implemented earlier, but as we've establish Week 1 brought with it a bunch of problems, so I assume it was postponed. They haven't said that, but they brought up the sandbox regularly since the WIP thing was add, so it wasn't forgotten.

Dude, I'm not defending the dev. I'm correcting your misinformation. This isn't some righteous cause your on. You're just spreading misinformation. If not for that, I wouldn't have bothered responding as I'd much rather talk about the stuff I like, or complain about Crazy Nurse than have to combat misinformation.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
There isn't radio silence, I'm here, I'm Ecchi PR. I'm Bluecat's voice on this site for all intents and purposes, so that argument is invalid. Please knock it off with this so that we can focus on something else.

Reactions: Soulafein
Apr 19, 2020
Tbh, the people I've seen complaining about issues such as playing the game and save compatibility, this merge is literally fixing that issue. The team have improved a lot over the time they've been making the game, which is exactly why they are making this update: To fix everything that they did wrong in terms of coding and programming. So complaining about these issues currently existing makes no sense, and you cannot call it 'milking' for having these issues, because they are currently fixing it.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
He isn't even using HS for making the static scenes because it's too much work. he's using the same assets.
What do you mean by this? You mean he is not using the Studio scene editor from Honey Select to create the scenes? I am confused.

Are you referring to the background behind the characters?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
What do you mean by this? You mean he is not using the Studio scene editor from Honey Select to create the scenes? I am confused.

Are you referring to the background behind the characters?
I assume they're referring to the fact that they use HomePlay instead of the traditionally used Honey Select for this game.

The dev communicates with his patrons in the Discord, and apparently this release method was voted on by the patrons, so it seems they're getting what they paid for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't know if someone in the past(i sifted through 6 pages of comments) already had a similar issue, but when i start the game (week 1) with dark mind patch turned on (all options are checked and menu screen says dark mind version) it says that I'm not Mao's biological father. Is this how it supposed to work?
Yeah the mc is not supposed to be mao's biological father even with the dark minds patch.

Reactions: pgm_01 and Chujuzek

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
If the person does not come back, then the work gets put into finding someone of the same caliber, which would be very hard to do, as this person is one of the reasons why we all love Ecchi Sensei so much. They put their all into helping Bluecat make this game what it is today, but that day isn't here yet, illness takes time to not only defeat but recover strength from in the aftermath. Do not be discouraged, things will come back in time, we will make it through this.

As for PR, it is a very recent thing, as typically I'd let fuckers be fuckers. However, I actually really like Bluecat and it hurts him to have pirates insult his work ethic and his commitment to the project he loving crafted. He can handle you insulting it from a creative or quality standpoint, that's your right. But fuck off if you think he doesn't work hard, or is out of ideas, or is simply milking us for cash. You can hate the game, but the creator loves to make it, and is pissy that he's stuck and can't do more until the Merge is done and he can build off it.

I'm here because Bluecat welcomed me in with everyone else on discord and became a friend, and I back my friends the fuck up when someone is fucking with them. if you do not like how the project is being run, you are perfectly free not to indulge, you pay nothing so nothing is given to you, have fun.

For those who actually care/pay/are being patient? From the dev team to you, they are sorry that this has been such a nightmarish circumstance, and hope to make up in the coming updates. Until then, please sit tight, take a breath, stay calm, and fuck the students!

I do believe I will take our minds off this discussion with a nice little poll:

If you could give Matsu any three powers, what would they be and why? Would you give these powers to any of the other characters for Matsu to share his gifts? Or would you rather hoard them to make Matsu ever more powerful as a proper Ecchi Sensei?

I look forward to your answers, but for now I am fucking wasted ass tired, good night and I hope this helps you guys settle down. Much love, Skummy out!

Reactions: Saumonfume8
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes