AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I do not mean people like you or me who actually give money, and my point is taken out of context, I am referring to people who just simply wish to stir shit up and never have any intention of supporting and actively pursing the game. I would elaborate further on the current issues, but I am not entirely sure how to do so without violating the member's right to privacy.

I do apologize to those who actually give a damn, this is not exactly how this shit should be run, but at the end of the day its what is here. I am doing my best to try and help but I don't think anything short of the merge actually being released, even in alpha stage, will fix the current state of affairs. So therefore I'm trying the different approach of distraction (while staying within the game topic), to hopefully take our minds off the dumpster fire burning in front of us.
My opinion based on what I've been reading here (and you're free to not elaborate because it's understandably a difficult situation and you're limited on what you can shere) is that most of the anxiety people are feeling over the delay is from two things. The silence from the dev team which you're already doing about as much as you can for and it's well appreciated and the disbelief over having just one person who isn't Bluecat and who's role is so important they're completely irreplaceable wher even Bluecat can't cover in the interim. I think if people at least knew what this person's role was or why they're so crucial then there would be fewer negative comments. That being said there will always be at least some negative views/comments no matter how good the game is or what the dev team decides to do so try not to worry too much about it.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
They're the project manager and the english translator, Bluecat can't do fluent english, only conversational english at best really. So this person not only basically runs the project for Bluecat, but does all the translations, and making sure the witty dialogue moves over correctly in translation. Bluecat is a good developer and rendering artist, he's a good writer, but he's not got all the skills to run a proper team and not enough command over english to have it come out this fluently. This also means he cannot proofread since all the shit is written in I believe fuckin english, plus wouldn't be able to tell if its broken or not since he's not good coder.

I still refuse to divulge this person's name, and would ask anyone who DOES know to keep their mouth shut in respect of privacy, but this is why they are so crucial and why Bluecat can't do it. I hope this helps ease up on the silence aspect, I'm sorry for not making it clearer earlier, but its a thin line and I'm not the team. I'm just a very well trusted patron who is allowed by Bluecat to speak on his behalf on here, to an extent, while shit is going sideways. Thus when unsure I'll clam up rather than speak carefully, but in this instance I think its alright.

Poll is still open for dialogue folks, but I guess it trailed off, shall I make another?

Given the choice, a full yandere Himiko storyline where you have to stop her from killing your harem in her question to be your one and only?

OR

All your harem become tsuderes that you have to grind to open up over the course of the school year, but you get all of Himiko at the beginning.

Lemme know what you think? Who knows, could be included in a what if special down the road, if Bluecat thinks they're funny ideas

Reactions: DualWolf

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
They're the project manager and the english translator, Bluecat can't do fluent english, only conversational english at best really. So this person not only basically runs the project for Bluecat, but does all the translations, and making sure the witty dialogue moves over correctly in translation. Bluecat is a good developer and rendering artist, he's a good writer, but he's not got all the skills to run a proper team and not enough command over english to have it come out this fluently. This also means he cannot proofread since all the shit is written in I believe fuckin english, plus wouldn't be able to tell if its broken or not since he's not good coder.

I still refuse to divulge this person's name, and would ask anyone who DOES know to keep their mouth shut in respect of privacy, but this is why they are so crucial and why Bluecat can't do it. I hope this helps ease up on the silence aspect, I'm sorry for not making it clearer earlier, but its a thin line and I'm not the team. I'm just a very well trusted patron who is allowed by Bluecat to speak on his behalf on here, to an extent, while shit is going sideways. Thus when unsure I'll clam up rather than speak carefully, but in this instance I think its alright.

Poll is still open for dialogue folks, but I guess it trailed off, shall I make another?

Given the choice, a full yandere Himiko storyline where you have to stop her from killing your harem in her question to be your one and only?

OR

All your harem become tsuderes that you have to grind to open up over the course of the school year, but you get all of Himiko at the beginning.

Lemme know what you think? Who knows, could be included in a what if special down the road, if Bluecat thinks they're funny ideas
There were a few answers, but yeah, things got derailed. Did you say what your choice of powers were?

And I choose the Tsundere option. It always feels good to reach that heart of gold in the end. Yandere stories just make me feel bad.

Mar 5, 2018
All the complaints and insults towards the "pirates" on this site.. but ask the patrons BC has.. " Where did you first see EC?" Any bets on the percentage of patrons that came from this "Pirate" site? I would wager more that 75% Just saying the exposure here helps devs way more than it hurts them, I am not a patron, can't afford any outgoing cash, in the red every month as it is, but I appreciate the work of BC and crew... But I think there are a few who are bashing the freeloaders (myself included) a bit too much. That being said, I also agree that as a freeloader, I do not complain if the update takes a while, I will dl and play it when it is released publicly. As BC has ALWAYS provided a public release! My advice to all ( grain of salt folks) is to quit bitching and accusing! Use this forum for information and game questions and knock off all the other dumbshit as it does no one any good. Just my 2 cents, no offence intended to any one, if you ain't a patron, it ain't your problem, if you are a patron, then take it to Patreon, or SS, this isn't the forum to discuss patron issues. Love ya'll.. enjoy

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
All the complaints and insults towards the "pirates" on this site.. but ask the patrons BC has.. " Where did you first see EC?" Any bets on the percentage of patrons that came from this "Pirate" site? I would wager more that 75% Just saying the exposure here helps devs way more than it hurts them, I am not a patron, can't afford any outgoing cash, in the red every month as it is, but I appreciate the work of BC and crew... But I think there are a few who are bashing the freeloaders (myself included) a bit too much. That being said, I also agree that as a freeloader, I do not complain if the update takes a while, I will dl and play it when it is released publicly. As BC has ALWAYS provided a public release! My advice to all ( grain of salt folks) is to quit bitching and accusing! Use this forum for information and game questions and knock off all the other dumbshit as it does no one any good. Just my 2 cents, no offence intended to any one, if you ain't a patron, it ain't your problem, if you are a patron, then take it to Patreon, or SS, this isn't the forum to discuss patron issues. Love ya'll.. enjoy
In fairness I'm also a pirate, unabashedly, but I will oh so totally use it to insult others if I'm pissed off enough. It's not a bad thing until you start being a whiny bitch that the free shit you got takes too fucking long to come out. You, however, are understanding and for that, thank you.

I don't know my choices on the powers front, there's just so many you can have its hard to decide

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
There were a few answers, but yeah, things got derailed. Did you say what your choice of powers were?

And I choose the Tsundere option. It always feels good to reach that heart of gold in the end. Yandere stories just make me feel bad.
I also much prefer tsunderes though it's a tough choice.

Reactions: RandoCard3

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
After reading the last few pages to see if anyone has shared some of the infos that cost 4.5€ on patreon, i cant help but feel strange...some defend, some offend and some start to ignore...personally i think after 2 years development and one year merging something is wrong and if the dev dont gives a statement everything written here is nothing but wasted time and energy...of course the people who call it milking increase because the money still flows to the dev, but nothing comes back, not even an official statement you dont need to pay for.

And the pirate discussion always hits me...i dont download free content because i dont want to support devs, i download free content because i only take the money we need to survive from our donations, everything else goes straight to the shelter...AND i also have a little trust problem. Far too many devs discard their games before they are complete and the supporters paid for nothing...i would rather pay for completed games or if i could get a money-back guarantee in case the dev decides to drop the game i supported, but i dont rely on my luck, especially not when it comes to money...if that makes me a bad pirate, so be it.

To the strange questions...i dont think the MC should get uncommon powers...maybe a better immunity against getting drugged, superior pudding/panini recipes and better instincts (so no unnoticed stalkers or other surpises anymore), but no superpowers besides his fighting skills. It would just destroy the current storyline.

As for Tsun or Yan...i dont care either way, just not to an annoying level...and it would be bullshit to alter the personality of any girl you already know...those should be added to new ones.

DualWolf

Aug 10, 2018
Imagine putting on hold the game for a translator. What a joke.
Okay well go and write a book or a dialogue heavy game in another language, a language that you have some knowledge of but aren't fluent in. Then don't get a native and/or fluent speaker to help proof read it through the entire project and then publish it. Watch as many who read it get pissed or insult you because your grasp of the language isn't perfect.

Now Bluecat could of possibly gotten someone else on his team to fill in but depending on how much needs proof-reading to make to sound right it could cause a good chunk of the dialogue to have a different tone then the rest which would put others off. Either way they were gonna get flak, whether they waited for their translator or get better or brought a temp in.

Seriously stuff like this is really isn't helpful or even constructive. Most are frustrated about this situation but it is what it is.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Erm, if its not the main language of the game they could always disable the choice and add a "coming soon" or "under construction" next to it instad of fully stopping the whole development because of optional nonsense...but thats just my opinion.

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
Okay well go and write a book or a dialogue heavy game in another language, a language that you have some knowledge of but aren't fluent in. Then don't get a native and/or fluent speaker to help proof read it through the entire project and then publish it. Watch as many who read it get pissed or insult you because your grasp of the language isn't perfect.

Now Bluecat could of possibly gotten someone else on his team to fill in but depending on how much needs proof-reading to make to sound right it could cause a good chunk of the dialogue to have a different tone then the rest which would put others off. Either way they were gonna get flak, whether they waited for their translator or get better or brought a temp in.

Seriously stuff like this is really isn't helpful or even constructive. Most are frustrated about this situation but it is what it is.
Then get someone else to do that translation ? Is that guy the only person on earth that understands BC's language ?

Apr 19, 2020
Then get someone else to do that translation ? Is that guy the only person on earth that understands BC's language ?
Those were my thoughts too. But from the looks of it, they'd need experience in coding and programming, as well as being fluent in both German and English. So it narrows down the amount of people qualified to do it. As well as that, they'd obviously need to be trusted and recruited to the development team and maybe the team aren't ready to expand like that just yet.

Reactions: AnimeKing314

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Erm, if its not the main language of the game they could always disable the choice and add a "coming soon" or "under construction" next to it instad of fully stopping the whole development because of optional nonsense...but thats just my opinion.
It's for the english version of the game.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Those were my thoughts too. But from the looks of it, they'd need experience in coding and programming, as well as being fluent in both German and English. So it narrows down the amount of people qualified to do it. As well as that, they'd obviously need to be trusted and recruited to the development team and maybe the team aren't ready to expand like that just yet.
This pretty much is spot on, not only do they know how everything fits, they also know german and are very well spoken in english, combine that with being the PROJECT MANAGER. Yeah not "Over a translator" its over the most important person on the dev team outside of Bluecat himself. No you cannot sub them in, no you are not going to find someone different, you are gonna wait your ass till they get better because by the time you trained and trusted someone new its already them back on the mend.

Also who the fuck said that the information wasn't shared? It was, on this board, actually use the search function geez.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Exactly, especially the last part. For a lot of roles I'm sure the dev team wouldn't mind getting a temp in this situation but the dialogue is the core of the game and it's painfully obvious if they get someone else to write even small parts. Everyone has their own style of writing and from what I can tell the dev team holds themselves to high standards. They wouldn't lower the quality of the release just to push it out faster.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Can someone explain it to me in step-by-step how to properly install this game with Dark mind patch?
Download Ecchi Sensei Week 1 Light Compression, extract to chosen location, go to the lewdpatcher and go to the bottom, click on Previous Versions, scroll until you see Week 1 FINAL, click on that and download it. Extract to Ecchi Sensei, it should be a zip file containing a folder called Game, therefore it will override the "Clean" game folder in Ecchi Sensei's folder and replace it with Dark Mind patch and additional content.

Run the game, and click on the dark mind button in game, and switch it on, if your game scene is different from the default of the students holding the letters up and says Dark Mind, you have successfully installed the patch and can begin playing.

After that, enjoy, and be dark!

• Red Heart
Reactions: maxic009 and pgm_01

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I understand the translation issues, there are many games here where the dialog is not written in English first, but this is the first game I have heard where the lead developer is not the project manager, and does not have the skills to run the development team. Also, there is no rendering, I think you meant "poser", since BlueCat is just posing illusion assets in StudioNeo.

So if this key person decides that they are too ill to continue, or just don't have the time anymore, this game is finished? I know BlueCat has said several times that he is determined to continue no matter what, but if he doesn't have the skills to run the rest of the team, it sounds like it will be out of his hands.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I understand the translation issues, there are many games here where the dialog is not written in English first, but this is the first game I have heard where the lead developer is not the project manager, and does not have the skills to run the development team. Also, there is no rendering, I think you meant "poser", since BlueCat is just posing illusion assets in StudioNeo.

So if this key person decides that they are too ill to continue, or just don't have the time anymore, this game is finished? I know BlueCat has said several times that he is determined to continue no matter what, but if he doesn't have the skills to run the rest of the team, it sounds like it will be out of his hands.
Well, not can't, but this person is better than him at it. They won't be quitting anytime soon, but fi it came to that the quality would probably decrease substantially in the project, until a replacement could be trained and trusted to the same degree.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, not can't, but this person is better than him at it. They won't be quitting anytime soon, but if it came to that the quality would probably decrease substantially in the project, until a replacement could be trained and trusted to the same degree.
Ok. I get it. Well, hopefully it won't come to that.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes