Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
It's there on Lewdpatcher, scroll to the bottom of the page and click where it says Show previous versions and then scroll through the list until you find Week 1 - Final.
Do you or anyone know of an android port with dark minds week 1 still available anywhere? I had a version like half a year ago which had a few issues but ran, phone memory got wiped and the port is no longer where i downloaded it :(

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
But fuck off if you think he doesn't work hard, or is out of ideas, or is simply milking us for cash. You can hate the game, but the creator loves to make it,
I love the game, this game could've been much much more. I never said he's out of ideas, I don't like the way he continues the story linear and mindless instead of there's so many thinks he could implement. I really relly thought that blue haired girl (mika If i recall correctly?) was a hardcore yandere and when the game gave me the chance to fuck her or leave her be I really thought that Fucking her AKA making her our girlfriend, would have severe consequences in school. Maybe she would threathen people or maybe even kill a few, since that would suit her. I think that there would be many bad things would follow the more you interact with her since the game gives you a choice there, and it would make sense and would be great. but no, the game doesn't care for anything it just ask u want fuk or not. there's nothing behind any action. as i said, who can fuck 5 students and 2 milf then fuck his wife as well the same day. while playing I really think that if I fuck many in the school, the man would tire out and could not make love to his wife thus will raise her suspicion or decrease her love. some content you know. I was really geting so many ideas while playin, but none of them turned out to be correct, you planly fuck everyone. Then again, this isn't a bad thing overall, this game's playstyle is like this you either like it or dont. my point is, this game is plain, just ren'py, text and scenes, You're saying that he's working hard, then what is doing? there's nothing to work hard on this game ffs. like literally. just look up some tutorials for ren'py on youtube. it's already there as a template, you just add text and scenes (in his case). He tried addding features, most of them are WIP for years and the only think he added was phone which was buggy as hell and UI was shite as well, how is this reasonable with years of experience 5k$ monthly money and workforce? And you're claiming he's working hard? I mean I could be wrong, he might be working hard but not smart. that's a small chance as well but I don't think it is. Other games, releasing updates with 2000-3000 static images in months.

Merge is BS, get over it. He has the event map, scenes already created characters and their bio's already there. everything is ready, you could've very well created the game from scratch with those resources all at had in mere months. yet he's not even making any reports... Dude, he's not releasing any road map, ang goals, not showing what has been done what has remains to be done. just check some big large game devs patreon, they're releasing roadmaps, releasing updates on progress. not sitting there for months without any updates.

Reactions: Lussuria

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
But fuck off if you think he doesn't work hard, or is out of ideas, or is simply milking us for cash. You can hate the game, but the creator loves to make it, and is pissy that he's stuck and can't do more until the Merge is done and he can build off it.
Did he stop charging his patreons when he delayed the game indefinitely ? No ? Then he's milking for cash. Simple as that.

BlueCat's own words from December 13th :

As I said, we're trying everything we possibly can to bring you a nice Christmas/New Year's Eve with a playable Month 1 version, but the current situation suggests that we're just able to finish the Alpha this year, and then the Beta and the Final Version in January.
Something is definitely wrong if they can't do 2 weeks worth of work in 3 months and counting.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Did he stop charging his patreons when he delayed the game indefinitely ? No ? Then he's milking for cash. Simple as that.

Something is definitely wrong if they can't do 2 weeks worth of work in 3 months and counting.
"current situation" "suggests"
Obviously the situation changed when the dev member got sick.

And only an idiot would tank their reputation just to milk a few hundred bucks. Outside a few morons, devs milking patrons is largely in peoples heads.

And you admitted you weren't a Patron earlier, didn't you? Stop speaking for them. I'm sure they can do it themselves.

Reactions: acurna

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
There have been people who have been spending THOUSANDS since the last update on this game for no progress for their returns. I gotta be sincere here - i think anyone dumb enough and rich enough to waste that much money trying to buy their T5s extra screentime when literally NONE has been given in how long now (we havent even gotten the three months late merge of years old content never mind new story content) deserve what they have received ie sweet fuck all lol.

The devs dont need any more backers - i personally would never support anyone who has a minimum five dollar buy in to their patreon which far exceeds most devs on the site including ones which make far more money than that per month (a coincidence?). Still best of luck to anyone which cares about this game anymore... its a strange confession but im starting not to give a fuck about the game anymore as its not just the ludicrous amount of time since last new update but the lack of engagement with the community. All we have now is pissed off fans and staunch dev stans tackling each and every single negative comment about the devs or project which isnt exactly gonna endear more people to back the devs financially either is it (nor does complete wall of silence from the dev team).

Im not usually this negative but everything about this does seem to be getting to me, that is entirely on me - i should really stay away from the Ecchi Sensei board and consign this one to the "it was fun whilst it lasted" folder before it becomes another MILFY CITY haha. I dont even know if i care enough about the game after all this to even play the merge even if it was to be released today anymore but hopefully those that care dont have to wait forever. Peace out folks, im unwatching this thread.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
THIS, exactly this. I can understand delaying a 2weeks worth of work for a few days, 1 or 2 weeks at most. and even that would not makes sense. But they're delaying it for months and without roadmap any updates, and news without anything actually. and it's good to remind that this update doesn't have any new content. no new scenes, no new text to be written. so no spellcheck or scene imagination/creation is needed.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
THIS, exactly this. I can understand delaying a 2weeks worth of work for a few days, 1 or 2 weeks at most. and even that would not makes sense. But they're delaying it for months and without roadmap any updates, and news without anything actually. and it's good to remind that this update doesn't have any new content. no new scenes, no new text to be written. so no spellcheck or scene imagination/creation is needed.
One of their key staff got sick, and considering that still seems to be the case, it's probably serious.

Also, why I you sharing your complaints here? There's a Discord link and it has a feedback channel. Can't say you'll be told anything new, but you're more likely to get something than you are here.

Besides, you just seem to ignore what I say, so I can't really be bothered to keep this up.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
To all of you, who have such an issue with this, you are free to walk away. I do not have the where with all to keep arguing with pirates who only wish to complain about a free game's development. As you are on a pirate forum, with no intention of support, that does indeed make you pirates, so do not complain that I call you as such. Sorry that I'm not bending over backwards to please but I owe nothing, for the actual patrons and good waiters? Thank you for doing so, it is greatly appreciated, and I'm sure Bluecat is happy that there's only a small selection of you that keep accusing him of this crap.

Back to important shit, answer my damn poll!

I do believe I will take our minds off this discussion with a nice little poll:

If you could give Matsu any three powers, what would they be and why? Would you give these powers to any of the other characters for Matsu to share his gifts? Or would you rather hoard them to make Matsu ever more powerful as a proper Ecchi Sensei?

• Angry
Reactions: Skalli and Mayonesa

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
If you could give Matsu any three powers, what would they be and why? Would you give these powers to any of the other characters for Matsu to share his gifts? Or would you rather hoard them to make Matsu ever more powerful as a proper Ecchi Sensei?
This is difficult because the obvious answers like mind reading or mind control which would normally be quite helpful are nearly useless to him because (except for a couple select characters) he can already read and manipulate people incredibly well. So I think I'd go with more pervy powers that open up more situations for him. I'd go invisibility for spying, size change for extra ways to play (doesn't really fit his personality but could be fun if he doesn't have perfect control), and stopping time for obvious reasons. And definitely only Matsu would have these powers.

fashtar

Mar 23, 2019

Some kind of paralysis touch for when you want to freeze someone.
Invisibility for peeking and hidden molesting.
And then possibly foresight for when something bad could happen if he screws up.

And yes, Matsu would keep it for himself. Might lend it to Fuyu if it was possible to take it back at times or make it temporary.

Reactions: Skummy Ecchi

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Guys i have a question? If i download the latest update will i be able to also play the first days of the game or is the game split between week and so will i need to download all of them?

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
To all of you, who have such an issue with this, you are free to walk away.
Everyone here is free to express their likes and dislikes equally. You are also free to no participate in any discussion on this board.

I do not have the where with all to keep arguing with pirates who only wish to complain about a free game's development. As you are on a pirate forum, with no intention of support, that does indeed make you pirates, so do not complain that I call you as such.
Do not be so hasty as to assume everyone is a pirate. EVERYONE now comes here for these kinds of games, and many started their support base on this very forum. Also, your assumption makes you a pirate also. Hypocritical to say the least.

Sorry that I'm not bending over backwards to please but I owe nothing, for the actual patrons and good waiters? Thank you for doing so, it is greatly appreciated, and I'm sure Bluecat is happy that there's only a small selection of you that keep accusing him of this crap.
TBH here, Who's asking you to do anything? You chose to respond on this forum. and Bluecat is perfectly capable of defending himself. He choses to be quiet because he has better things to do, and its the smartest thing to do. Everyone is "milking it" according to some people in any thread you look at. So the accusation for some of us just fall on deaf ears.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Guys i have a question? If i download the latest update will i be able to also play the first days of the game or is the game split between week and so will i need to download all of them?
It's currently broken into weeks, but there is eventually a big merge coming out which will be the only way to carry saves over going forward. It's also coming with a tone a bug fixes. not sure when that's releasing, as there has been some problems behind the scenes, but I'd still say it's worth waiting so as not to have the experience ruined by bugs, and not have to replay the whole thing just to get a viable save if you don't want to.

Do not be so hasty as to assume everyone is a pirate. EVERYONE now comes here for these kinds of games, and many started their support base on this very forum. Also, your assumption makes you a pirate also. Hypocritical to say the least.
It's true that some of the people here are Patrons or other supporters, but those people are generally unlikely to be spouting misinformation like these people have, as they have access to the discord in which is a direct line to the dev. If a patron had a complaint, they'd go there. And Skumm is obviously only refering to the couple of people who are spouting misinform nonsense when they say that (I'm assuming. If they want to correct me on that, go for it), and not literally everyone here.

And yeah, I agree that as general rule, ignoring it is the best option, but sometimes they're spouting stuff that's misleading in it's wrongness, and if someone is checking this thread out for the first time, that could be the thing they see first and shapes their first impression. I mean, if someone doesn't like the game, fine. I have a few issues with it myself. People should be able to make an informed opinion themselves though.

Back to important shit, answer my damn poll!

I do believe I will take our minds off this discussion with a nice little poll:

Duplication. He can gangbang girls without getting any other dudes involved.
Kilgrave's commanding voice power. Allows you the whole rapey domination thing without the need to coward out with mindwipes.
The power to genderbend people. I mean, wouldn't all the other dudes in the game be so much better if they were hot girls?

Reactions: Skummy Ecchi

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Guys? Sorry to bother again but i’am pretty much computer illiterate, i downloaded the correct version of the dark mind patch but even after reading the instructions already given there i’am not quite sure how to install it, i unders That i have to overwrite some already existing files from the original game version but how do i do that? And which one exactly? I basically extracted the two files (the game and Patch) on two different place but simply moving the patch inside the game folder don’t seem to work (leading to the game not starting if i move the patch inside the game folder named Game)

Reactions: Mix@Xplore

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Other games, releasing updates with 2000-3000 static images in months.
Um. Which games? I have played hundreds here, and the vast majority have 400 or 500 image per update. Once in a blue moon, maybe 700 or 800. I don't know any game on F95 that releases with 2000 renders in 2 or 3 months.

Exactly. I support several games here, and even the games I support, I go to F95 for status and updates. The forums here are a lot more fun, and the community here is more engaged than the comments sections on Patreon. And the Discords are too disorganized, and tends to be more about chatting about what music the users are listening to, or comments about other games, or spreading memes.

All the games I support, I found out about them here. The only time I ever go to Patreon is when I read here than an update is out, but it isn't here yet. Otherwise, even the games I support, I use the links here like everyone else. I think of F95 users as potential supporters. Sure, I bet 80% never end up giving anything, but with 10s of thousands of users online each day, even if 20% actually subscribe to 1 or 5 developers, that is a lot. So, the developers really miss out on a lot of support if they stay away from the forums here. The devs that are active on F95 have a lot more loyal fans and support than those like Bluecat who just show up to vent every few months.

You know, I am sympathetic to the devs here, because making a VN is a lot harder than most people realize. However, I also understand those here that are frustrated, and most of their points are pretty valid. BlueCat's communication about what he is actually doing each month has been pretty poor, I think everyone would agree. He is one of the more secretive developers I have seen, and gets very defensive when people ask questions, without actually answering the questions asked. I think that is what leads to skepticism as to what is really going on. And while I do appreciate Skummy filling in, really, it is not the same to hear from a third party rather than a member of the dev team. Even if a dev doesn't like F95, which is their choice (though they lose a lot of support by staying away), they should at least post on their Patreon what is going on, and BlueCat mostly does not do that. And charging $5 a month, just for status updates, is unreasonable in my opinion, especially in BlueCat's case where the status updates are frankly, worthless.

I know things happen, but I do have to admit I have a hard time understanding why a straight VN like Echhi Sensei without any rendering needed has such slow updates. Maybe the person that is sick is the only one that knows how to use Illusion's StudioNeo? Really, the same amount of work as a Daz-based VN, should have 10 times the monthly output. Maybe it is the dialog that is holding it up? However, the writing is really not very sophisticated compared to most of the better VNs here. Basically you pursue everyone, everyone is interested, and the personalities of each character are nearly identical.

It is what it is. It does seem unusual that the lead developer, BlueCat, is so dependent on his team members that he can't step in and fill in. Usually, the lead developer knows everything necessary, and just relies on his team members for the tedious posing, rendering, proofreading, and debugging work. Maybe BlueCat should use this time to learn what he doesn't know, so he can keep the VN going if team members drop out.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Um. Which games? I have played hundreds here, and the vast majority have 400 or 500 image per update. Once in a blue moon, maybe 700 or 800. I don't know any game on F95 that releases with 2000 renders in 2 or 3 months.

Exactly. I support several games here, and even the games I support, I go to F95 for status and updates. The forums here are a lot more fun, and the community here is more engaged than the comments sections on Patreon. And the Discords are too disorganized, and tends to be more about chatting about what music the users are listening to, or comments about other games, or spreading memes.

All the games I support, I found out about them here. The only time I ever go to Patreon is when I read here than an update is out, but it isn't here yet. Otherwise, even the games I support, I use the links here like everyone else. I think of F95 users as potential supporters. Sure, I bet 80% never end up giving anything, but with 10s of thousands of users online each day, even if 20% actually subscribe to 1 or 5 developers, that is a lot. So, the developers really miss out on a lot of support if they stay away from the forums here. The devs that are active on F95 have a lot more loyal fans and support than those like Bluecat who just show up to vent every few months.

You know, I am sympathetic to the devs here, because making a VN is a lot harder than most people realize. However, I also understand those here that are frustrated, and most of their points are pretty valid. BlueCat's communication about what he is actually doing each month has been pretty poor, I think everyone would agree. He is one of the more secretive developers I have seen, and gets very defensive when people ask questions, without actually answering the questions asked. I think that is what leads to skepticism as to what is really going on. And while I do appreciate Skummy filling in, really, it is not the same to hear from a third party rather than a member of the dev team. Even if a dev doesn't like F95, which is their choice (though they lose a lot of support by staying away), they should at least post on their Patreon what is going on, and BlueCat mostly does not do that. And charging $5 a month, just for status updates, is unreasonable in my opinion, especially in BlueCat's case where the status updates are frankly, worthless.

I know things happen, but I do have to admit I have a hard time understanding why a straight VN like Echhi Sensei without any rendering needed has such slow updates. Maybe the person that is sick is the only one that knows how to use Illusion's StudioNeo? Really, the same amount of work as a Daz-based VN, should have 10 times the monthly output. Maybe it is the dialog that is holding it up? However, the writing is really not very sophisticated compared to most of the better VNs here. Basically you pursue everyone, everyone is interested, and the personalities of each character are nearly identical.

It is what it is. It does seem unusual that the lead developer, BlueCat, is so dependent on his team members that he can't step in and fill in. Usually, the lead developer knows everything necessary, and just relies on his team members for the tedious posing, rendering, proofreading, and debugging work. Maybe BlueCat should use this time to learn what he doesn't know, so he can keep the VN going if team members drop out.

I do not mean people like you or me who actually give money, and my point is taken out of context, I am referring to people who just simply wish to stir shit up and never have any intention of supporting and actively pursing the game. I would elaborate further on the current issues, but I am not entirely sure how to do so without violating the member's right to privacy.

I do apologize to those who actually give a damn, this is not exactly how this shit should be run, but at the end of the day its what is here. I am doing my best to try and help but I don't think anything short of the merge actually being released, even in alpha stage, will fix the current state of affairs. So therefore I'm trying the different approach of distraction (while staying within the game topic), to hopefully take our minds off the dumpster fire burning in front of us.

stormtiger

Mar 22, 2020
Guys? Sorry to bother again but i’am pretty much computer illiterate, i downloaded the correct version of the dark mind patch but even after reading the instructions already given there i’am not quite sure how to install it, i unders That i have to overwrite some already existing files from the original game version but how do i do that? And which one exactly? I basically extracted the two files (the game and Patch) on two different place but simply moving the patch inside the game folder don’t seem to work (leading to the game not starting if i move the patch inside the game folder named Game)
It is very simple. Just copy the content's of the dark mind patch (that is the game folder). Then paste that in the same folder that has the original game folder (do not delete original game folder) and override any files that require it.

There is also a .png that show how to install the Dark Mind patch included in the folder of the patch with the readme for the patch.

When you load the game, if done correctly it say "Dark Mind" above the starting menu.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I do not mean people like you or me who actually give money, and my point is taken out of context, I am referring to people who just simply wish to stir shit up and never have any intention of supporting and actively pursing the game. I would elaborate further on the current issues, but I am not entirely sure how to do so without violating the member's right to privacy.

I do apologize to those who actually give a damn, this is not exactly how this shit should be run, but at the end of the day its what is here. I am doing my best to try and help but I don't think anything short of the merge actually being released, even in alpha stage, will fix the current state of affairs. So therefore I'm trying the different approach of distraction (while staying within the game topic), to hopefully take our minds off the dumpster fire burning in front of us.
Yea, don't worry about it. Shit happens, really. I don't need to know anyone's personal issues. I am happy to just play other games. Normally, Ecchi Sensi has a lot of content released in a fairly short amount of time, despite what a few people around here think. Sure, there are some crappy games that release every few weeks, but I am used to most games I like releasing every 3-4 months or so, and each update being about 30 minutes of content, so Ecchi Sensi is way ahead of the game. It just looks like it has hit a rough patch for now, hopefully it will get back on track in the next few months.

I could probably handle the renders, but I am terrible at dialog and general creativity, so I don't criticize any dev for taking extra time. I couldn't do it myself.

The only suggestion I have for BlueCat, whatever it is worth, is to post updates every 2 or 3 weeks, just to say what the current status is, even if it is nothing, it helps people know that he is still out there.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes