Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Yeh, the choices are to force you into hard critical thought prospects, it invigorates the mind rather than giving bland options. Instead of being given a simple prompt, something that forces brain power to answer tends to be that much more rewarding. I may not have anything to sell but I am a writer, so I feel the best tools for passing the time are engaging the brain in challenges.

I do not currently have anything new as I just worked a twelve hour day and am very tired, I thank the words of Dirk, quite helpful and yes I'm aware to just chill out. I take this role to spare Bluecat from having to do it, being a good buffer with a much better grasp of the english language and all that. That and while I can become incensed in the moment, I do understand at the end of the day its a lot of frustrated people who aren't feeling that they are being treated seriously or being given serious answers.

From their perspective, I'm playing the smoke and mirrors game, the excuse wagon, trying to trip them up on a bunch of reasons that make no fucking sense from their mindset. I do get it, which is why I just decided to shift back to engaging those who are being more patient, and wanting to play the distraction game. That being said here's a quick prompt before I go to bed for the night as I'm tired as hell:

Randomly have ten girls that will be forever off limits, but have a consequence free journey the rest of the way so you can go balls to the wall nuts on the rest with no repercussions even if you're flaunting it.

OR

Have the threat of being caught/exposed by independent watchdogs constantly lurking over your shoulder, however all girls remain on the table, it just became far more difficult to do anything anymore without a lot of plotting ahead of time to outsmart people.

Stay Healthy, Stay Ecchi ;)

SKUMMY OUT!

Reactions: Dirk220

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Be able to undo the mind control Crazy Nurse has been using?
This, without a shadow of doubt. I'm fine with playing a morally reprehensible/rapey character, but I feel this method robs the situation of any agency.

Randomly have ten girls that will be forever off limits, but have a consequence free journey the rest of the way so you can go balls to the wall nuts on the rest with no repercussions even if you're flaunting it.

OR

Have the threat of being caught/exposed by independent watchdogs constantly lurking over your shoulder, however all girls remain on the table, it just became far more difficult to do anything anymore without a lot of plotting ahead of time to outsmart people.

Stay Healthy, Stay Ecchi ;)

SKUMMY OUT!
Probably give up 10 random girls. Even if all my favourites get taken, there's still a lot of winners in there.

This is only applying to real world logic though, where consequences are permanent. In game, I'll take option 2 and just save scum :p

DualWolf

Aug 10, 2018

OR

Quite a tough one. On one hand not having to waste effort on subterfuge is nice, on the other subterfuge can be fun and add some thrill...I'll go with the looming threat, largely because my look is bad enough that the 10 random girls would all be my favourites. Not risking that

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
Ok, you all know what a dub is, right?
Imagine this,
You have a dubbed Bruce Willis flic but it has a catch,
the voice actor fell ill and they replaced him with some other dude that has experience
with action movies....now comes your scene:
Bruce is cowering on the rim of the snowy runway, lighting the kerosene puddle in front of him
with his lighter and yelling with an austrian accent:
"Hasta la vista, baby!"

sounds wrong?
yeah, it does.
You know why this doesn't apply to this situation? The game is already out, already translated, already proof-readed. this update doesn't have any new content. if they wanted to make just a few changes in english or any other language, instead of delaying the merge update for months for minor spellings or localisation, and make people wait and get them angry, they could just release it as it is "again the game is already translated anyway" and then release a language patch which should not be larger than a few megabytes.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You know why this doesn't apply to this situation? The game is already out, already translated, already proof-readed. this update doesn't have any new content. if they wanted to make just a few changes in english or any other language, instead of delaying the merge update for months for minor spellings or localisation, and make people wait and get them angry, they could just release it as it is "again the game is already translated anyway" and then release a language patch which should not be larger than a few megabytes.
I think it is more complicated than you think. I only know what seems to be written here, but it sounds like BlueCat doesn't have enough experience with the game to know what to do to release anything. There isn't any new content, so there is nothing to release until the sick member comes back and merges everything. The merge won't have any new content either, so I don't know why any of us care. Personally, I think the merges are completely pointless, and just waste time like all the reworks and revamps I see in a lot of games here. I wouldn't even call it a merge, since just merging scripts and assets is trivial. Just cutting and pasting, and testing to be sure everything works. Like others have said here, it should take a week or two max, spending a few hours a day on it, if you know how RenPy works.

I don't think he will make any new content until the merge is done, so we might as well just assume it will be 4 to 6 months before we see anything new and just move on, or like you said, discuss other issues about the game. As has been mentioned many times before, BlueCat isn't communicating with his Patrons or his fans here, so I will continue to assume that there is nothing to report. No work on the game, no progress. I have heard others say that he is translating into Portuguese or making tweaks so that the game doesn't get put on hold, and he doesn't have to pause his Patreon, but unless we hear it from the dev himself what development has been taking place since October, who knows.

No offense Skummy, since I know you are trying your best to communicate with everyone here, which I appreciate, but you only have BlueCat's word yourself. It is not as if you are part of the dev team, so nobody really knows for sure. I can not think of any other game here where the dev refuses to talk to the fans himself and instead uses a proxy that is not part of the dev team. I think we should base our opinion on actions rather than what we hear second or third hand. We should just consider the game is on-hold, and just wait for a few months or so until BlueCat actually says something positive about the development, gives some sort of new timeline, and discusses the new content he and his team is working on.

I think other devs deserve support much more than this game based on the dev's lack of interaction with his fans and his secrecy and defensiveness. The development has been a total mess with all the wasted time merging, and broken saves, but I could look past it if the dev was honest about what was going on and participated in the community. For me, it is not about paying for a game since the total you end up paying after years of development is a lot more than similar games are worth. It is about supporting devs that are making a good product, care about their fans, and give back to the community by participating in the forums here. That is just my opinion.

There are many, good deserving devs, several of which I support, that would never refuse to interact with their fans for months. They would at least be on here every few days, BSing with all of us and posting something on their Patreon a few times a week. A few renders, info about the future story, polls for the fans, something.

it's never too late. Maybe BlueCat will change his attitude and start participating on the forums with the fans here, or at least on his Patreon. But, he is probably getting enough funds on Patreon each month, so he doesn't feel he has to. He clearly doesn't enjoy interacting with people here or on his Patreon, which is certainly his choice.

allosa

Sep 6, 2018
i stopped patreon support already few months back,
i know that problems do happen but at this stage if the developer was honest he should stop pledges.
When WVM had some delays (just a few weeks) dev stopped it even if no one was expecting it.
In ecchi case since this work is taking ages it would be expected but at this point i suspect that the dev is just milking patreon without do much.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
NEW QUESTION!

Tits, Ass, Legs, or Eyes!
Is it up above or between the thighs?
What would you say will turn you on?
Is it her busty chest, or that lacy thong?
Come one and all, tell us now!
What makes you want to plow?
Don't be shy, be unabashed!
Unless you say not the ass ;)

So if you couldn't tell through my of so creative word play, today's question is relatively simple as it relates to the ES girls. What of these features do you most love to look for and what makes you have the hots for these ladies, personality aside.

Personally? Ass for me, but I'm one opinion, I'd like to hear all yours!
Ass, Eyes, Breasts, Legs in that order for me. Personality/kinks are more important, though, as long as I find them physically attractive at all.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Additional Question!

Be able to undo the mind control Crazy Nurse has been using?
or
Be able to reverse aging in all the females in the game?
If I have to pick one or the other, I need to take reverse aging, if only for young Hiroko, because damn does she look good.

That aside, there's something a lot of people are saying that doesn't make any sense to me. The next release is supposed to be the "1 month merge" right? Currently we have up to day 21. People are saying the merge won't have new content. How can we have a 1 month merge without the 4th week? I suspect I'm missing something here.

DualWolf

Aug 10, 2018
If I have to pick one or the other, I need to take reverse aging, if only for young Hiroko, because damn does she look good.

That aside, there's something a lot of people are saying that doesn't make any sense to me. The next release is supposed to be the "1 month merge" right? Currently we have up to day 21. People are saying the merge won't have new content. How can we have a 1 month merge without the 4th week? I suspect I'm missing something here.
The game starts 1 week into the month, so the first month merge is only 3 weeks instead of 4.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Okay, so I just realized things got way off base with why this is delayed:

The proofreader is also the english translator, and the person who knows the most about how the game is coded all in one, and the one who makes all the fun tools work, and the one who basically makes Bluecat's game not suck. Probably an error on my part not communicating clearly enough, but this person is legit basically all of Bluecat's technical help and expertise where Bluecat is focused on design and writing. The game doesn't need translating (or at least not all of it) its more that code needs proofread so its not a buggy mess of broken bullshit. Hard to do that when your body is fucked and your brain is mush. My apologies for that I think someone just took a line form me and ran witht hat and the original explanation got lost.

All that being said the reason why Bluecat doesn't interact here is because ya'll be mean, plus anyone can interact with him on discord, just understand that we're all massive assholes on there because its fun to be dicks to each other. Where here its not in good fun, people are mean or angry and that makes a dev not wanna come and interact. You want to talk to Blue? Go over to Discord and talk to him, you might not like what you get form him but at least you can reach him.

As for me not being a dev team member, well that's true but I'm also closely attached to said team, and know all the developments that any other team member gets unless private DMs. I just have to be careful with what I say is all, but yeah I'm here because I felt bad for you guys not having someone to keep you in the loop.

Thus I became Ecchi PR, officially endorsed by Bluecat, and no he's not gonna shut off his patreon because if you don't wanna support him its your choice, and while turning off the charges is a nice thing to do it can only be done when one is financially secured. This game does not make that much money that you think it does, when you spread it out between a team. Delays or not they need that income, far be it form me to tell you how to spend your money, go snort coke off a hooker's ass for all I care with your dollar bills, but there's nothing wrong with keeping the door open for people who still wanna pay so the project doesn't completely die.

I am tired as shit, so here's a quick one before I go, looking forward to more answers later!

Another Anime Expo now that so many more girls are into you

or

More traditional festival, exclusively enjoying it with Fuyu and Tomoe

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018

or

Another hard choice! I think a school festival, despite how cliche it is, would be fun especially with the secret wives club.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I am tired as shit, so here's a quick one before I go, looking forward to more answers later!

or

Quality over quantity. More time with Fuyu and Tomoe is never a bad thing. Maybe Fuyu could help convince Tomoe to give anal a shot. It's not like her family would have any way finding out after all. Plus, it'd be nice to see their relationship explored a bit. So far, what we see seems very surface level, and it would be nice to go deeper than that as they both two of the more important women in the MCs life.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
No offense Skummy, since I know you are trying your best to communicate with everyone here, which I appreciate, but you only have BlueCat's word yourself.
I really don't get what skummy is doing. Dev couldn't be bothered to talk to people? if a core member is sick, "which is BS because this isn't a game and game engine that was created and coded by bluecat or said person. this is a generic RenPy tool. I said it before I am an IT eng. I know what's going on here." since this isn't a custom game engine. even If I didn't do the codign, if I know RenPy I can fix the game. Since it's a generic tool, anyone with the required profession can solve the bugs or merge them, all bluecat has to do is instead of waiting for months to said person to heal, just hire another guy teporarly and make him do the job with the patreon money, and publish the update. I will repeat again, all the assets are there already, the text the scenes etc. you can make the game from the scratch in this amounth of time with the assets available with a new coder.

And if we're all waiting on that single "Oh so important" guy, what is BlueCat himself doing? for months? if he's waiting for the guy to heal, and not releasing any updates on progress on patreon or anywhere, not talking around, not doing the PR essentially and not doing new scenes for the next update what TF is he doing? caliming patreon money and jacking off to it? only logical thing to do I suppose.
Thus I became Ecchi PR
what the hell? dev doesn't care about community, noone in dev team is talking or publishing anything. wtf are you doing? asking questions and all. who tf are you? dev couldn't be bothered to come here or patreon to say anything and telling you to do his job and you're proudly doing it? while he's sitting on 5k$ per month and doing nothing?

I think other devs deserve support much more than this game based on the dev's lack of interaction with his fans and his secrecy and defensiveness. The development has been a total mess with all the wasted time merging, and broken saves, but I could look past it if the dev was honest about what was going on and participated in the community.
The game ES itself "on paper" has the potential to be the greatest harem games of all time. But the dev is so shit that it's painfull to watch this game develop. ES universe could be a great free roam open world game. where you can have schedules for each girl, consequesnces for your doings, slave and GF routes to choose for each girl. a couple of yandere girls whom kill other characters or go maniac if you get caught with others, maybe you can tame one yandere girl into harem even by doing certain things. An actual endurance meter, so you can't fuck 5 students and then your waifu at the same day, so you have to choose, "maybe your wife would get suspicious if you don't fuck her and go play with other girls too much." I mean this game has endless potential. but the dev is doing "go around and fuck everyone." which isn't bad, I can't judge this, but this goes to show you how much of a lazy person he is.

It's good to remember that, the game has only the template UI in ren'py engine. every asset in game is generic ones, no effort was dumped into modifiyng it. The dev tried adding many assets, phone i.e. and %80 of them WIP for years. I mean? seriously? nothing is being developed in tis game. It's stil the same as it's the day it came out. WHich again, not bad thing or something I can judge, BUT even when you're not adding anything and actually developing the game, you're just keep lengthening the time between the updates which has only scenes and text without any new game mechanics. and merging* them repeatedly for months without new content.... this is just straight up milking.. or just being lazy. no 3rd option here. either this, or I am dumb as a rock.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I really don't get what skummy is doing. Dev couldn't be bothered to talk to people? if a core member is sick, "which is BS because this isn't a game and game engine that was created and coded by bluecat or said person. this is a generic RenPy tool. I said it before I am an IT eng. I know what's going on here." since this isn't a custom game engine. even If I didn't do the codign, if I know RenPy I can fix the game. Since it's a generic tool, anyone with the required profession can solve the bugs or merge them, all bluecat has to do is instead of waiting for months to said person to heal, just hire another guy teporarly and make him do the job with the patreon money, and publish the update. I will repeat again, all the assets are there already, the text the scenes etc. you can make the game from the scratch in this amounth of time with the assets available with a new coder.

And if we're all waiting on that single "Oh so important" guy, what is BlueCat himself doing? for months? if he's waiting for the guy to heal, and not releasing any updates on progress on patreon or anywhere, not talking around, not doing the PR essentially and not doing new scenes for the next update what TF is he doing? caliming patreon money and jacking off to it? only logical thing to do I suppose.

what the hell? dev doesn't care about community, noone in dev team is talking or publishing anything. wtf are you doing? asking questions and all. who tf are you? dev couldn't be bothered to come here or patreon to say anything and telling you to do his job and you're proudly doing it? while he's sitting on 5k$ per month and doing nothing?

The game ES itself "on paper" has the potential to be the greatest harem games of all time. But the dev is so shit that it's painfull to watch this game develop. ES universe could be a great free roam open world game. where you can have schedules for each girl, consequesnces for your doings, slave and GF routes to choose for each girl. a couple of yandere girls whom kill other characters or go maniac if you get caught with others, maybe you can tame one yandere girl into harem even by doing certain things. An actual endurance meter, so you can't fuck 5 students and then your waifu at the same day, so you have to choose, "maybe your wife would get suspicious if you don't fuck her and go play with other girls too much." I mean this game has endless potential. but the dev is doing "go around and fuck everyone." which isn't bad, I can't judge this, but this goes to show you how much of a lazy person he is.

It's good to remember that, the game has only the template UI in ren'py engine. every asset in game is generic ones, no effort was dumped into modifiyng it. The dev tried adding many assets, phone i.e. and %80 of them WIP for years. I mean? seriously? nothing is being developed in tis game. It's stil the same as it's the day it came out. WHich again, not bad thing or something I can judge, BUT even when you're not adding anything and actually developing the game, you're just keep lengthening the time between the updates which has only scenes and text without any new game mechanics. and merging* them repeatedly for months without new content.... this is just straight up milking.. or just being lazy. no 3rd option here. either this, or I am dumb as a rock.
Can you not streamline this? I can't even begin to read this wall of text.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
Can you not streamline this? I can't even begin to read this wall of text.
I am talking about why it's not possible to delay "or take this long" a simple merge in an already existing engine "Ren'py" with already prepared asssets "Scenes, text, translation, etc" and since this is a generic engine "Ren'py" and not a custom game engine made or edited by BlueCat or his coder whom was sick, it's possible to just hire a Ren'py capable coder and finish the work.

If this game was made using custom made or edited game engine by that "sick" coder or BlueCat then it would make sense to delay the update until they recover since any other coder would not understand what's going on in game codes and would make it worse.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I am talking about why it's not possible to delay "or take this long" a simple merge in an already existing engine "Ren'py" with already prepared asssets "Scenes, text, translation, etc" and since this is a generic engine "Ren'py" and not a custom game engine made or edited by BlueCat or his coder whom was sick, it's possible to just hire a Ren'py capable coder and finish the work.

If this game was made using custom made or edited game engine by that "sick" coder or BlueCat then it would make sense to delay the update until they recover since any other coder would not understand what's going on in game codes and would make it worse.
The bottom line is the team has their reasons for the delay. If I'm reading into the posts right it seems like the person is more than just a generic team member and is an important person to the team. It's not that they are completely unable to find a temporary replacement it's that they are unwilling because of how important this person is to them. You may not agree with it but they aren't going to change just because of that. I don't personally know the team so this is just speculation. For me personally, I don't necessarily agree with it myself but 30+ pages on here prove that there's no point in complaining about it. I've chosen to wait patiently for the update and suggest everyone else do the same.

Also all those saying that this work can be done in a week when there's so many broken mechanics that need fixing clearly doesn't have much experience with real programming. Yes if you're just using the basic ren'py engine it'll take care of everything for you but when you put actual code in and have to do your own debugging it can take a hell of a lot longer even for a really good programmer (the usual estimate is about 90% of a programmers time is spent on 10% of the code). Combine that with how many thousands of lines of code are in this game and it's obvious that it would take a good long while.

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
Combine that with how many thousands of lines of code are in this game and it's obvious that it would take a good long while.
You're not getting it. what you're saying might be true for an actual game. but this is using ren'py. there may be thousands of lines of code "which there should not be that much since more lines of codes > more bugs, optimization is required to make these code stripts lesser and lesser. Longer codes does not equal to a better game"

Also all those saying that this work can be done in a week when there's so many broken mechanics that need fixing clearly doesn't have much experience with real programming.
It very well can be done. simply because if you played the game you can realise a few things. This game is using generic ren'py asset library. no custom UI is present no additional game mechanics are there. so give me all the assets of this game "Pictures, scenes, plot and texts all of which already there." And give me 5k$ per month patreon money, I can hire a guy for 3k$ or something for a month, whom speciality is Ren'py. He can create the game from scratch using texts and images very well in a month. and then If I wish, I can just kick him or make him a permanent member of the team. also, I dont have to hire the guy in the first place, I can just give the work to a freelancer or something which will redice the cost. I mean, I can give you a thousands of reasons why this game could be merged in a month and why the "a core member is sick" joke is nonsense.

The thing with ren'py is, devs don't waste time on coding and developing, all they focus on is creating scenes and characters in HS or any other program/game and importing them into the re'py and adding texts. translating them creating a plot etc. it's like writing a book hence the name "visual novel".

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes