portiamento

Jan 5, 2021
Hi, the week 1 has 16gb size, is it because it has many contents or just bloated with high res renders and gifs?
Also the dark mind version using dark mind patch is where you are able to do unspeakable things to the girls?

duzhul

Aug 10, 2018
Where can I get the darkmind weeks patch? in their web I can only see the halloween patch, help pls :( and thanks

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Quite tired, this is a simple one for now, as I have to be up early for more drives:

Do you become a voyeur photographer using your reputation to help you get all the juicy candids

or

Do you further encourage laxer and laxer dress codes, but keep a policy of no photography whatsoever and ensure that surveillance is not visual based

Sorry if not most enticing, both are honestly kinks of mine lol Night all!

Stay Healthy, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out!
photographer for me

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Hi, the week 1 has 16gb size, is it because it has many contents or just bloated with high res renders and gifs?
Also the dark mind version using dark mind patch is where you are able to do unspeakable things to the girls?
Bloated. The dev was pretty inexperienced when they released that. Anything released after that is much smaller, and pretty much has the same amount of content. The Month 1 merge, whenever that releases, will probably be smaller than Week 1, despite being three times the content.
Quite tired, this is a simple one for now, as I have to be up early for more drives:

Do you become a voyeur photographer using your reputation to help you get all the juicy candids

or

Do you further encourage laxer and laxer dress codes, but keep a policy of no photography whatsoever and ensure that surveillance is not visual based

Sorry if not most enticing, both are honestly kinks of mine lol Night all!

Stay Healthy, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out!
Photography, if only because I find the skimpy outfits we already have more silly than attractive. Enhance that just doesn't appeal to me.
Photography could also make a fun mechanic.

Dirk220

Jan 3, 2018

or

I must second anime king there, the dress code is already at its best.
so i'll go with the voyeurism on this one.

Week 1 has a lot of uncompressed pictures, resolution is good but they weren't optimized. You can used the light compressed version and wouldn't notice any quality difference.

And ninjad by rando

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I'm going to repeat what I said in January.

I understand the devs of this game being very ambitious, this is already a huge and popular game, but I don't think a lot of the stuff they're doing or want to do is necessary. The game is perfectly fine as a linear VN game. It doesn't need....

- A cell phone app
- Any sandbox stuff
- Complicated character bio's
- Any mini-games or any other custom options they may want to add

That is stuff to do in your 2nd game when you know what you're doing, like Dr.Pinkcake did for example. When you're a beginner you shouldn't do things that are way out of your skillset. Some devs start more advanced than others because they already have some skills, maybe you make great renders or writing. Maybe you know coding well so you can implement more complicated mechanics. But the large majority of devs do not have that. So use your first game to develop skills if you didn't already have them so you can make your 2nd game better, don't overcomplicate things early on.

It's like when you're starting to workout. You start weak, unathletic and generally in terrible shape. You need to learn how to master pushups before you can try to bench 300 pounds. If you struggle to do pushups, and try to bench-press something heavy, it isn't going to go well. This is sort of what has happened to this dev team, and why they've gone silent and hasn't had a release in such a long time. They're trying to do too much too soon and they've slammed into a wall.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018

I understand the devs of this game being very ambitious, this is already a huge and popular game, but I don't think a lot of the stuff they're doing or want to do is necessary. The game is perfectly fine as a linear VN game. It doesn't need....

- A cell phone app
- Any sandbox stuff

That is stuff to do in your 2nd game when you know what you're doing, like Dr.Pinkcake did for example. When you're a beginner you shouldn't do things that are way out of your skillset. Some devs start more advanced than others because they already have some skills, maybe you make great renders or writing. Maybe you know coding well so you can implement more complicated mechanics. But the large majority of devs do not have that. So use your first game to develop skills if you didn't already have them so you can make your 2nd game better, don't overcomplicate things early on.

It's like when you're starting to workout. You start weak, unathletic and generally in terrible shape. You need to learn how to master pushups before you can try to bench 300 pounds. If you struggle to do pushups, and try to bench-press something heavy, it isn't going to go well. This is sort of what has happened to this dev team, and why they've gone silent and hasn't had a release in such a long time. They're trying to do too much too soon and they've slammed into a wall.
I don't disagree but as far as I know the team does have an experienced coder now so they can add more to it. Also given the scope of this project it makes sense to add stuff as you go (personally I would've done a separate test version so it wasn't broken features going in but everyone has their own way). I agree that the features aren't completely necessary but they do add to the game. The character bios worked quite nicely in week 1 so they proved they can do them, they just need some bug fixing for the later weeks. I don't think the phone really added much but it shouldn't be too hard to fix with their experience now either. The sandbox is the part that I'll really look forward to if they do it well because there's a number of the storylines that I personally just don't care about so having a little more freedom while still following the general storyline would be pretty nice. Of course it really depends on how they decide to implement it.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021

- A cell phone app
- Any sandbox stuff

The thing is, is that BlueCat always wanted these features in his game anyway. For sure they haven't worked in the past, but that's what the merge is for. To fix them. Some people will only want more story, but I for one can't wait for the sandbox features, and then the story updates after this. I think it'll make a great game even better
To put it into perspective, one of my top 5 story games, Aokana, is a very linear VN with only a few choices in it. And I loved it, but looking back it isn't my number one favourite for one reason, it had zero features other than continuing the story
So, I think this'll add a lot to the game

sheetkaroo

Mar 7, 2019
goddamn. its already near end of march. not done yet? lol. in the period he started the merge i got a new girlfriend and we just celebrated 7 monthsary, and i believe the last official non holiday update came out around 2 months before we even started dating. i scan through the threads and i believe the person who's sick is kinda obvious. he used to be quite active here. hopefully he recovers and the game update schedule goes back to normal, otherwise, well, life goes on

Reactions: Skalli

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019

- A cell phone app
- Any sandbox stuff
Exactly. The proof is in the execution. If BlueCat's team can't handle simple saves, then he should not be adding even more complexity. Why doesn't BlueCat just forget about adding lots of extra features, and just get the game working once and for all. Plus content will be released a lot faster if his team focuses on content rather than extraneous features.

Besides, why is a sandbox an improvement anyway? Sandbox games are just a way to extend out the play time with little content by forcing the player to repeat the same boring scenes over and over again, and click around all over the place just to find what new content there is. I bet that 95% of the players are interested in every character, so why is this needed? Plus, if I want to repeat scenes with a character, just load up a past save. If Ecchi Sensi is turned into a sandbox, we can all be sure that there will be 10% of the content per update we have all become used to.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Besides, why is a sandbox an improvement anyway? Sandbox games are just a way to extend out the play time with little content by forcing the player to repeat the same boring scenes over and over again, and click around all over the place just to find what new content there is. I bet that 95% of the players are interested in every character, so why is this needed? Plus, if I want to repeat scenes with a character, just load up a past save. If Ecchi Sensi is turned into a sandbox, we can all be sure that there will be 10% of the content per update we have all become used to.
Just because sandbox isn't your preference doesn't mean there aren't people who prefer it. It provides a greater sense of control over which girls you pursue, how heavily, etc. I can certainly understand how that's desirable for a lot of people.

That being said, I agree that this game is great without it. I just don't see adding some sandbox elements as being a detriment, or simply "a way to extend the play time with less content". Sandbox does not have to include grind, and even if it does, there are people who don't mind grind as a trade off for the illusion of greater freedom.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Just because sandbox isn't your preference doesn't mean there aren't people who prefer it. It provides a greater sense of control over which girls you pursue, how heavily, etc. I can certainly understand how that's desirable for a lot of people.
Well, that is why I asked "why is sandbox an improvement?" It is fine if some people like sandbox games, but you are trading 90% of the actual content for the "fun" of clicking all over the screen to get to the next scene.

For me at least, I prefer actual content. To each his own.

Dirk220

Jan 3, 2018
As far as I know, they won't turn the whole game into sandbox, the story itself, schooltime and so on remains the way it is.
What they want to implement is for the evening time an option to choose who you want to spend it with.
A little like in week 1, MC went outside to look for Mao or Saki, can't remember ATM and you hat 2 options, go left or right.
This but a lot more sandbox like, with a card where you can choose the dorm or Satsune/Kaede/Aki 's house and so on.
And I think it's not about grinding stats, more like "Uh, today i like me some Shina" or whatever maybe you can stay at home and watch the simpsons if you aren't adventurous.
At least thats how I understand their plan.

Reactions: tazaaron

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
As far as I know, they won't turn the whole game into sandbox, the story itself, schooltime and so on remains the way it is.
What they want to implement is for the evening time an option to choose who you want to spend it with.
A little like in week 1, MC went outside to look for Mao or Saki, can't remember ATM and you hat 2 options, go left or right.
This but a lot more sandbox like, with a card where you can choose the dorm or Satsune/Kaede/Aki 's house and so on.
And I think it's not about grinding stats, more like "Uh, today i like me some Shina" or whatever maybe you can stay at home and watch the simpsons if you aren't adventurous.
At least thats how I understand their plan.
Yeah I like that specifically for that isolated period of time. I can get Shina regular, oh and Aki, or Kaede, or .... Imma need more than 7 days in a week DAMN

Reactions: Dirk220

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
And for things like that the walkthrough mod was amazing because you didn't have to choose between the two.

Dirk220

Jan 3, 2018
And for things like that the walkthrough mod was amazing because you didn't have to choose between the two.
I'm not sure how they planned that part, could be that the events stay open as long as you don't visit a specific char.
This is just my theory so maybe it's like that, you visit char x the 1st time, event 1 plays, 2nd time event 2 or if there is only one event ATM it's repeated or you can't visit her, and when you visit char y the 1st time the same, event 1 for this char plays.
But well, I actually don't know, thats just what I thought it might look like, so in this case no play both events needed as you can visit the other events on another day.

Dec 8, 2020
people are forgetting sandbox works for games with unlimited time. To me it sounds like a shrinking harem if you add 7 days and 10 events you are going to miss something and the length of this i dont think most people are going to play it over to get what they missed. or if he adds 7 days and 7 events than sandbox was pointless to start.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
people are forgetting sandbox works for games with unlimited time. To me it sounds like a shrinking harem if you add 7 days and 10 events you are going to miss something and the length of this i dont think most people are going to play it over to get what they missed. or if he adds 7 days and 7 events than sandbox was pointless to start.
So are you saying I can go plow Shina, Aki, Kaede, Mika, etc. EVERY evening??!!?

If so then I WANT THAT!

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes