jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Well, a few weeks until a release date might get announced sounds very different from "release is imminent, just some proof reading and it's done", or "work has continued, since we were so close to release it's soon".
Not sure how much time the team member responsible puts into it right now. If he's back full time, from the state back then my guess would be a week till release. Now I know that after a while away from a project it takes time to get back, so I'll go with the good old developers way of estimations: double the estimation and raise unit. Soooo two weeks become two months? If we assume just getting back before being productive means one week of diving into the code again takes a week I'd hope for a release in July. ;)
It would be nice to know if the progress is progressing with full speed, half speed or just a few hours while still recovering.
I think it is going less than 12 parsecs

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It took them cca 16 months to get the game into the state it was before the merge. Now they are taking 7 months so far to just connect and smooth it? I am sorry but you could have made pretty much HALF the game you made so far with all this time. I am not even mentioning the fact that we already had 1 merge that also took a few months... kinda ridiculous.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
It took them cca 16 months to get the game into the state it was before the merge. Now they are taking 7 months so far to just connect and smooth it? I am sorry but you could have made pretty much HALF the game you made so far with all this time. I am not even mentioning the fact that we already had 1 merge that also took a few months... kinda ridiculous.
In about another 6 months it be a year since we got the Halloween special any other vn would have got the on hold or The AB tag. its been around month since he posted anything on patron and and there's Skummy saying we should believe everything he says . Maybe he telling the truth how we know he not unless its from blue. the moment the dev got sick and halted the vn then it should have got on hold but no but plenty of other vns to keep me going and i cant wait to hear people bitch about no new content cause there will be that if the merge coms out all.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Can someone please upload here the latest statuses? Or at least their summary
Project manager got big sick, and they didn't want to replace them while they recovered. Things are apparently on track now. That's the gist of the two Patreon only posts, if that's what you mean.

Unfortunately, we only have those to go on.

What I want to know is who is the idiot who thought of a merge month, it knocked all the excitement out of the game
The Patrons.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Well, a few weeks until a release date might get announced sounds very different from "release is imminent, just some proof reading and it's done", or "work has continued, since we were so close to release it's soon".
Not sure how much time the team member responsible puts into it right now. If he's back full time, from the state back then my guess would be a week till release. Now I know that after a while away from a project it takes time to get back, so I'll go with the good old developers way of estimations: double the estimation and raise unit. Soooo two weeks become two months? If we assume just getting back before being productive means one week of diving into the code again takes a week I'd hope for a release in July. ;)
It would be nice to know if the progress is progressing with full speed, half speed or just a few hours while still recovering.
My headcanon at this point is they are unable to accurately time manage their project so anything they say (or don't? Not sure if 'Skummy' here is part of the team or not - if so, why no dev tag? if not.. as I was saying) you may as well just have a mindset of "yeah, sure" and add a few weeks/months lol. It's so far gone at this point from what they were saying way back that they need to just release it and hopefully we get more than one update this year LOL.

Also, since it's taken this long god forbid it better work. There better not be any save issues, features getting "disabled" for the next update due to an issue etc. All that shit needs to be fixed for good when the merge finally comes out.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
In about another 6 months it be a year since we got the Halloween special any other vn would have got the on hold or The AB tag. its been around month since he posted anything on patron and and there's Skummy saying we should believe everything he says . Maybe he telling the truth how we know he not unless its from blue. the moment the dev got sick and halted the vn then it should have got on hold but no but plenty of other vns to keep me going and i cant wait to hear people bitch about no new content cause there will be that if the merge coms out all.
I would agree. Some can word it however they want, but the game has been on hold for a long time, since January at least. He should really hire someone else because eventually this project will die. Which would be unfortunate for him and all of us

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
And for such information I was supposed to pay? It makes me think he has something to hide
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
3 Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
5 Always exaggerate your estimates.
9 Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
10 Greed is eternal.
13 Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
19 Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
39 Don't tell customers more than they need to know.
60 Keep your lies consistent.
74 Knowledge equals profit.
82 The flimsier the product, the higher the price.
87 Learn the customer's weaknesses, so that you can better take advantage of him.
92 There are many paths to profit.
109 Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
153 Sell the sizzle, not the steak.
162 Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.
181 Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
239 Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
267 If you believe it, they believe it.
284 Deep down, everyone's a Ferengi.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
My headcanon at this point is they are unable to accurately time manage their project so anything they say (or don't? Not sure if 'Skummy' here is part of the team or not - if so, why no dev tag? if not.. as I was saying) you may as well just have a mindset of "yeah, sure" and add a few weeks/months lol. It's so far gone at this point from what they were saying way back that they need to just release it and hopefully we get more than one update this year LOL.

Also, since it's taken this long god forbid it better work. There better not be any save issues, features getting "disabled" for the next update due to an issue etc. All that shit needs to be fixed for good when the merge finally comes out.
Dude, you can't headcanon real life.

Skummy isn't a dev. He's a patron who's on good terms with the dev, and offered to serve as unofficial PR.

And yeah, I try to be positive in this thread to try to stave of the toxicity, but if this things comes out busted again, I'm gonna be kinda pissed off.

And for such information I was supposed to pay? It makes me think he has something to hide
Presumably you would be paying for the main benefits, and this would just be a very tiny bonus. I doubt anyone expects people to sign up just for a status update. I assume it's locked behind the paywall so they don't have to deal with the rest of us getting angry about the minimal information.

I would agree. Some can word it however they want, but the game has been on hold for a long time, since January at least. He should really hire someone else because eventually this project will die. Which would be unfortunate for him and all of us
Hire someone else for what? The project manager is back, I believe.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Project Manager did come back, did what needed to be done, and it appears that what was still left to do was not the super simple shit that had been previous projected. Oh well, that's what we call an inaccurate projection, it happens when developers don't have a proper sense of time management and keeping to some kind of schedule. Hate me if you wish, but I'm operating within the bounds of what I have at my disposal and I was certain they were on the fast track. Turns out they aren't, alright then, lets settle the hell down then.

Give me some time, let me see if I can glean anything, and I'll get back to you all on it. However, don't start just turning into another fuckin cesspit all over again.

fashtar

Mar 23, 2019
Hey, can we go back to the questions, again? Get our minds off the timelapse and the merge and just vent some steam off with hypotheticals?

I'd rather do that than have this thread turn into a cesspit of bitterness, anger and insults again.

Sep 7, 2019
Patrons should put their payments on hold until they actually deliver something. I was a patron and this was my favorite vn on here. It's very disappointing and I understand about someone getting sick, but you still collected money even though nothing was being done with no information. Get it released or mark it abandoned. If they get it out this month, they'll get my $50 monthly support back

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes