Comaco

Aug 10, 2017
are all weeks in the same version or do you have to play them seperately
They have been working forever on combining the whole game into one download, but until they manage to finish that work at some unspecified later date, you will have to download each week as a separate game. Be aware also that the dark mind patch comes as a separate download for each week, so check that you are using the correct version.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Yep the promise of a Jan. release is now over 7 month behind.

As I said, we're trying everything we possibly can to bring you a nice Christmas/New Year's Eve with a playable Month 1 version, but the current situation suggests that we're just able to finish the Alpha this year, and then the Beta and the Final Version in January.
Well over 100 lost patreons from there high, I wonder how much longer the rest of them will last on broken promises.

I'm glad I dropped my sponsorship when I did.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019

Well over 100 lost patreons from there high, I wonder how much longer the rest of them will last on broken promises.

I dropped mine when there was talk of merging month 1. With the complication the other merge had, it didn't took a genius to figure out it'll be hell. I am not sure we'll see something out before the end of the year.

Apr 23, 2021
sorry if this has been asked before, and an extra sorry for saying I'm sorry if this has been asked before...
but I feel a bit skeptical about the benefits from merging the games?

Yes, I understand that some people would be a bit skeptical about downloading and playing a game in 'chapters' - if the game was completed! But it is not and if the developers plans will hold it still seems to be along way from being finished. So, we who play it now while it is under production, we are already pretty used to re-downloading and re-use old saves (when they work).
If this type of game still pulls in fair money after it is completed, i.e. if it will still find a sizeable new audience, it could be merged then, to be more accesible for ppl who prefer one big download.
Are there any benefits for in the developing process with a merge?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
sorry if this has been asked before, and an extra sorry for saying I'm sorry if this has been asked before...
but I feel a bit skeptical about the benefits from merging the games?

Yes, I understand that some people would be a bit skeptical about downloading and playing a game in 'chapters' - if the game was completed! But it is not and if the developers plans will hold it still seems to be along way from being finished. So, we who play it now while it is under production, we are already pretty used to re-downloading and re-use old saves (when they work).
If this type of game still pulls in fair money after it is completed, i.e. if it will still find a sizeable new audience, it could be merged then, to be more accesible for ppl who prefer one big download.
Are there any benefits for in the developing process with a merge?
The current system is untennable, the merge isn't just smashing them all together, but fixing the bugs they can find, fixing broken mechanics, finalizing many mechanics, and making a solid foundation of code to build up on afterwards. Admittedly its been a trainwreck to get it done, to the point I have currently given up on defending it until I see real deadlines to give to people. However, when it does complete it will be a much more fluid experience and will cause a lot less confusion overall.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017

Sad was an great game but this has now gone way beyond sketchiness. No one believes it would take them this long to merge the game and even if it did, time to come up with an new plan was 6 months ago but nothing....

Nameless One

Dec 30, 2018
There's another thing:At this rate,when will the VN ever finish? 10 years? 20? Humanity will spread to other galaxies and this game will still be in development.

Honestly,if the game became open source/publicly available for development,it would almost reach a coherent conclusion within 2-3 years (like CoC,but that game was ruined because one of the devs threw a hissy fit). If the dev ever drops it completely,I'd say the community,if they're willing and have the rights to do so,should take up the mantle and finish this. It would be a shame to lose something like this.

Then again,it isn't really a guarantee the community will finish it or do that much of a better job,although at least they'd be transparent about the development. Ah,the trappings of Eroge game development.

On another note,why does the MC's fun stick look like it came out of a PS1? It's quite low quality,I gotta say,it ruins my immersion.

Nikeee

Sep 16, 2016
The current system is untennable, the merge isn't just smashing them all together, but fixing the bugs they can find, fixing broken mechanics, finalizing many mechanics, and making a solid foundation of code to build up on afterwards. Admittedly its been a trainwreck to get it done, to the point I have currently given up on defending it until I see real deadlines to give to people. However, when it does complete it will be a much more fluid experience and will cause a lot less confusion overall.
Didn't he say that after the shitshow from the week 1 merge ?

BIackBaron

Jul 24, 2017
BC should learn from this new dev how to make proper progress reports and not just to write smth not to get on hold tag.
You're clearly missing a very pivotal point here, you confuse a young adult who's developing a v/n for a college graduate who's doing this as a job/career after professional experience.
You can always tell the difference by, as you say, the seriousness of it all. Whomever is surprised by the usual delays when the updates are communicated in the form of a glorified recipe facebook post, I'm truly sorry for you, but you'll get in the end.

They should all learn from that new dev, cause that's the professional route, the best route, the only route.

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Alright, so, few things:

Don't chalk up incompetence to maliciousness, they're bad at development but not being outright malicious about the circumstances. While they aren't doing well, its not out of a want to squeeze out such a paltry sum of money when if things were on a normal track they could've been at like 20k by now. It makes no sense whatsoever, from any point of logic.

I'm not here to defend how much of a trainwreck things have turned into, but I do feel that it will end, I don't know when but it will end. We can't all be the best devs, but then this still is nowhere near the worst devs, I've seen what the worst devs can actually do. This is a big black mark but that just means they're having some seriously shit performance, not that they've done a full 180 on their goals.

At the end of the day, indie game development is a fucking crap shoot, and I have faith we will see this period of time end and repairing the issue will come along at a gradual pace as trust is rebuilt. Be patient until that time if you could. Till next time!

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

D

Deleted member 3619428

Alright, so, few things:

Don't chalk up incompetence to maliciousness, they're bad at development but not being outright malicious about the circumstances. While they aren't doing well, its not out of a want to squeeze out such a paltry sum of money when if things were on a normal track they could've been at like 20k by now. It makes no sense whatsoever, from any point of logic.

I'm not here to defend how much of a trainwreck things have turned into, but I do feel that it will end, I don't know when but it will end. We can't all be the best devs, but then this still is nowhere near the worst devs, I've seen what the worst devs can actually do. This is a big black mark but that just means they're having some seriously shit performance, not that they've done a full 180 on their goals.

At the end of the day, indie game development is a fucking crap shoot, and I have faith we will see this period of time end and repairing the issue will come along at a gradual pace as trust is rebuilt. Be patient until that time if you could. Till next time!

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
a year ago or months ago you weren't willing to accept that devs are showing incompetence all you did most of the time were trying to distract the player base by doing various polls about what people would want to have in a game which hasn't seen a proper update for like 1.5 years it's good to be positive and hope for the best but in a situation like this when devs are making false promises and what not it's clearly stupidity and masochism at best blue cat could easily give icestor a run for his money in terms of scummy devs practices and scamming the patrons this game could have been a good high rated game on this site but instead turned into a scamming fuck fest I hope blue cat enjoy his Japan trip the money for which he scammed of patrons.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
a year ago or months ago you weren't willing to accept that devs are showing incompetence all you did most of the time were trying to distract the player base by doing various polls about what people would want to have in a game which hasn't seen a proper update for like 1.5 years it's good to be positive and hope for the best but in a situation like this when devs are making false promises and what not it's clearly stupidity and masochism at best blue cat could easily give icestor a run for his money in terms of scummy devs practices and scamming the patrons this game could have been a good high rated game on this site but instead turned into a scamming fuck fest I hope blue cat enjoy his Japan trip the money for which he scammed of patrons.
It's barely been more than a year since the last story update. It's been less than a year since the last update because the holiday specials have always been a thing and they've always taken the place of regular updates. And maybe, just maybe, Skummy was sick of people bitching day in and day out about their exxagerated claims of delays and trying to put something positive into the thread. I'm pretty tired of the merge being delayed too but that doesn't mean I think the thread needs 100+ pages of dumbasses calling one of the largest games on this site a scam.

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
So if you are promised something and pay for it, then get strung along and stop getting progress updates why wouldn't you call it a scam? If they can't be bothered to post an official update on Discord and Patreon what evidence is there that they are actually working on the game? When is the last time they posted an image of new content?

Unless the dev actually states they have quit working on the game f95 won't tag it as abandoned. If everyone stops paying maybe they'll finally earn the money they have already received.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
So if you are promised something and pay for it, then get strung along and stop getting progress updates why wouldn't you call it a scam? If they can't be bothered to post an official update on Discord and Patreon what evidence is there that they are actually working on the game? When is the last time they posted an image of new content?

Unless the dev actually states they have quit working on the game f95 won't tag it as abandoned. If everyone stops paying maybe they'll finally earn the money they have already received.
I will not defend BlueCat, if I were developing a game and ran into a similar snag I would have paused contributions and explained to the rest of the development team why that was happening. However, mismanagement is not a scam. Beyond that, the way all of these crowd funding things work is you are giving money to a person for them to do what they do, but you are not investing, you are donating. That is a huge difference. If you invest in something, you are not guaranteed a return but there are legal recourses when the thing you invested in was a scam. If you donate, the money is gone unless the crowd funding website wants to undo the transactions and they only do that when there is no product whatsoever and they are getting bad press. If people want to support this game, that's on them. Complaining here won't change anything; it won't dislodge patrons or make an update happen faster. I find the whole thing very sad.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes