Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Honestly, its been so long since I played, that I really don't remember ANYTHING about the characters. I'd have to start over from the beginning, and I'm not sure its worth it at this point. I mean, the graphics were kinda derpy.
Still waiting on the merge because in the same boat. Tho the graphics dont bother me. But need to replay the story. Other than the ones I would consider main likes I dont really remember the characters, its been so long.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
It's just amazing how this game still hasn't received an Abandoned tag yet (for almost a whole year!)... So uh, may be in this case we need to give a second chance to Marvel with his eyes and View of Family? Because why not? 2 years... 1 year... there is almost no difference, amirite? :poop:
Take it up with F95Zone. As long as a dev provides some kind of status report within 3 months of the last, then it doesn't qualify as Abandoned.

If it bothers you so much, request this site changes it's policy or something.

Reactions: sava75

Ruopa

Mar 4, 2018
Take it up with F95Zone. As long as a dev provides some kind of status report within 3 months of the last, then it doesn't qualify as Abandoned.

If it bothers you so much, request this site changes it's policy or something.
As if someone will consider my proposal about the policy of the whole site...

In any case, 3 months and a year are different time intervals. I partly agree that the manifestation of activity for three months is a kind of confirmation that the dev is busy with something, but the whole year is no longer an activity, but its imitation. For such a period of time, needs something more weighty than the usual post on the Patreon like "look, I'm doing something! Don't worry!".

That's what bothers me the most, and I'm not just talking about BlueCat right now, many other devs also milk their patrons in this way, and because of this, many good games have died.
I'm sick of it, on Patreon, on Steam and on other platforms.

Reactions: Bomatres

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
As if someone will consider my proposal about the policy of the whole site...

In any case, 3 months and a year are different time intervals. I partly agree that the manifestation of activity for three months is a kind of confirmation that the dev is busy with something, but the whole year is no longer an activity, but its imitation. For such a period of time, needs something more weighty than the usual post on the Patreon like "look, I'm doing something! Don't worry!".

That's what bothers me the most, and I'm not just talking about BlueCat right now, many other devs also milk their patrons in this way, and because of this, many good games have died.
I'm sick of it, on Patreon, on Steam and on other platforms.
The thing is, we do have actual confirmation that they're working on it. Upper Tier Patrons get access to a github and get to see all the actual changes in real time. They could be lying, but that's getting into conspiracy theory territory.

That said, all this site needs is a Patreon post saying "Yo, we're still working on it!" and the devs have been doing that every 2.5 months.

Latercomer is also one of the devs, and they've recently returned to this thread. They info dumped some stuff about what the current issue is not long ago, so you might be interested in that. Should only be a few pages back.

-El-

Jul 13, 2018
Just started the game for the first time. Starts with "Day 15". Am I missing sth?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Not touching the whole debacle again, just know that as the PR of Bluecat's work I will remind everyone that we are seeing real progression. Thanks to certain breakthroughs that Latecomer has made, and has been delving into with Bluecat and the team.

All that being said, sit tight and hold on, I think we're gonna be in for a ride.

Now, on to questions! Since I chose to adopt Alice's character as a supporter since her original ditched her, what do you guys figure is gonna be the new direct with her moving forward? I will remind you Alice is the asshole ginger bitch who keeps trying to cockblock us.

Please note, as this is not my own original character I will in no way be altering her design, personality, or motivations heretofore understood and designed between herself and Bluecat. Therefore I have no general sway over the character's direction, simply because I do not feel it right to shift the story of another's creation without express permission. Whether or not they are rightly abandoned, as a writer and as a great lover of character creation, I feel that this is the height of insulting to another creator's work however blasé it is.

However, that does not preclude that she has no story, it is simply hidden from view yez. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on the matter of where it could wind up. If anyone's curious and yet unawares, I actually do have my own T8 character who will not be present in the current game, rather the side project where she may enjoy more screentime I'm sure. which is why i'm able to shift my current funding over to Alice instead.

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Last edited:
Reactions: cavaemon

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Not touching the whole debacle again, just know that as the PR of Bluecat's work I will remind everyone that we are seeing real progression. Thanks to certain breakthroughs that Latecomer has made, and has been delving into with Bluecat and the team.

All that being said, sit tight and hold on, I think we're gonna be in for a ride.

Now, on to questions! Since I chose to adopt Alice's character as a supporter since her original ditched her, what do you guys figure is gonna be the new direct with her moving forward? I will remind you Alice is the asshole ginger bitch who keeps trying to cockblock us.

Please note, as this is not my own original character I will in no way be altering her design, personality, or motivations heretofore understood and designed between herself and Bluecat. Therefore I have no general sway over the character's direction, simply because I do not feel it right to shift the story of another's creation without express permission. Whether or not they are rightly abandoned, as a writer and as a great lover of character creation, I feel that this is the height of insulting to another creator's work however blasé it is.

However, that does not preclude that she has no story, it is simply hidden from view yez. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on the matter of where it could wind up. If anyone's curious and yet unawares, I actually do have my own T8 character who will not be present in the current game, rather the side project where she may enjoy more screentime I'm sure. which is why i'm able to shift my current funding over to Alice instead.

Stay Kitty, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
Young + Ginger hair = We fuck her so thoroughly hard she blacks out and is cleansed of her cockblocking because it was all from jealousy.

Then we fuck her just as hard the next day to make sure we knock her up

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Curious, u have any idea which of all the T8 characters have been dropped so far?
Last time I asked it was Reiya, Akina, Alice, Hobogirl and Arisa. I got told BC keeps that close to his chest though, so there may have been more. Obviously, Alice got picked up by someone else, so things could have changed since then.

Last time I brought it up in the discord, Skummy suggested not getting to invested in the T8s until they "have an impact". In fact, the general implication from everyone in that conversation is that not many of them stick around at all.

The only one's I'm particularly confident to still being in there are Emilia, Kasumi and Hanabi. Raven Tomoe has said they're committed to seeing Emilia's story through, and the discord has a lot of fanart of Kasumi and Hanabi by who I think is their patron. Edit: Actually, they may just be Hanabi's Patron, but those two characters seem interlinked, so I don't know. Aideen's patron has a unique title, so I think they're still in, but I'm not sure.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Last time I asked it was Reiya, Akina, Alice, Hobogirl and Arisa. I got told BC keeps that close to his chest though, so there may have been more. Obviously, Alice got picked up by someone else, so things could have changed since then.

Last time I brought it up in the discord, Skummy suggested not getting to invested in the T8s until they "have an impact". In fact, the general implication from everyone in that conversation is that not many of them stick around at all.

The only one's I'm particularly confident to still being in there are Emilia, Kasumi and Hanabi. Raven Tomoe has said they're committed to seeing Emilia's story through, and the discord has a lot of fanart of Kasumi and Hanabi by who I think is their patron. Edit: Actually, they may just be Hanabi's Patron, but those two characters seem interlinked, so I don't know. Aideen's patron has a unique title, so I think they're still in, but I'm not sure.
The T8 characters were a bad idea to begin with. They unnecessarily expanded the cast of girls in the game, and the possibility of a liked character being dropped because a Patreon stopping to support the game for whatever reason was a risk taken by the Dev.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Looking at screenshots between Play Home and Honey Select myself, I come to wonder why this game looks so… dated, compared to what I have seen on other alleged Play Home screenshots.
The models of Ecchi Sensei are decent, but to be fair, whatever game engine Bluecat claims to be using, to me they look pretty much like all other HS game models. It is very similar to the models used in Solvalley School, Waifu Academy, and Harem Hotel. As a player, I like the humor and dialog, and the sheer variety of characters, but the graphics quality is really not one of the strong suits of this game.

If you want to see what is possible with Illusion models, take a look at Pale Carnations. It is truly unbelievable what the devs have been able to do with the Illusion engine. I am shocked by the high quality of the images every update. Once in a Lifetime, which also uses HS, while not at the level of Pale Carnations, is also a leap above Ecchi Sensei, graphically (and story-wise, honestly).

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
who were reiya ,akina and arisa?
Reiya is Sloth-Chan's elder sister, Akina is the catgirl that loves heavy metal, and Arisa is the athletic redhead who did some training with Mao for a bit. I think Arisa is related to Nanami, the girl with the smell fetish.

Reactions: witteb

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
The models of Ecchi Sensei are decent, but to be fair, whatever game engine Bluecat claims to be using, to me they look pretty much like all other HS game models. It is very similar to the models used in Solvalley School, Waifu Academy, and Harem Hotel. As a player, I like the humor and dialog, and the sheer variety of characters, but the graphics quality is really not one of the strong suits of this game.

If you want to see what is possible with Illusion models, take a look at Pale Carnations. It is truly unbelievable what the devs have been able to do with the Illusion engine. I am shocked by the high quality of the images every update. Once in a Lifetime, which also uses HS, while not at the level of Pale Carnations, is also a leap above Ecchi Sensei, graphically (and story-wise, honestly).
In fairness, Bluecat's reason to use Playhome, which is the name of the software I keep saying but people continue to forget it because nobody has good memory apparently...

Anyways, the reason he uses Playhome is because he wanted to stand out against, at that time, the deluge of Daz engine and Honey Select generics that were very omnipresent. That and he enjoyed the aesthetic, probably because unmodded HS is very doll like and you need mods to improve the quality. It was purely on a basis of preference and he does not tout that these look any better than skilled people using their own rendering engines, just that at that time it was the one that wasn't popular and made his game stand out more, and he enjoyed how it looked. Plus it may actually be one of the easier things to run with, not sure, can't do this shit myself.

Solvalley is the unmodded, I'm pretty sure at least, and shows that it can be exceedingly plasticky even if ultimately it can be made pleasing by those with he skills to do so. Waifu Academy however has a good number of modifications to its models, to improve the quality by a much finer degree. Which is typically shown off every few years when Irph feels his money train is ending, and he needs to produce something for once to keep everyone hooked :3.

Honey Select has the beenfits of a dense modding community, Playhome is the red headed stepchild of Illusion software and gets no real support or major games made with it-sans Ecchi Sensei. It certainly gives the whole game a unique look overall, but its also a detriment that it has such lacking modding attached to it.

Bluecat has expressed in the past that he will move on to better engines in future projects, because Playhome is probably already becoming or has become dated as it stands. Also with no modding community to speak of, there's very little variance left to work with after this project runs its course I'm sure.

On to other things, yes what I coyly was referring to was Latecomer's explanation a few pages back, that he had some magical solution in mind, to speed the process of the merge up. When they have decided their course of action, I'm certain there will be a proper dev update to reveal everything to patrons. Until then just kinda sittin and twiddlin thumbs, would anyone like to play another round of Skummy's Questions? No? Well too bad it's happening!

This one is a bit of a doosey, but its very simple and those who show up on discord should know it.

What type of animal is Skummy? Bonus if you know the exact breed Skummy is too of that animal.

Yes yes, its not Ecchi related, but I'm having trouble figuring those out right now. However I felt this to be a fun little diversion and those who know me well enjoy should be well aware of the answer, those who aren't might be able to throw in some random shit too I reckon.

That's all from me now, see yins later.

Stay Wholesome, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes