Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
In fairness, Bluecat's reason to use Playhome, which is the name of the software I keep saying but people continue to forget it because nobody has good memory apparently...
Yes, I know. He has said it many times. I didn't forget. But to my eye, just as a player, I can't see anything distinctive in his models that stand out over the run-of-the mill games using Honey Select graphics. But, maybe it is just me.

If the story is good enough, I can look past medium quality graphics. Plenty of games I enjoy are using older Daz models or unsophisticated lighting, where the graphics don't particularly stand out.

Not to belabor the point, but all I meant was that that if Bluecat is touting his graphics models as superior to other Honey Select games, because he is using the PH engine, I really don't see it, and in fact most recent games now using Honey Select have superior graphics to Ecchi Sensei.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Yes, I know. He has said it many times. I didn't forget. But to my eye, just as a player, I can't see anything distinctive in his models that stand out over the run-of-the mill games using Honey Select graphics. But, maybe it is just me.

If the story is good enough, I can look past medium quality graphics. Plenty of games I enjoy are using older Daz models or unsophisticated lighting, where the graphics don't particularly stand out.

Not to belabor the point, but all I meant was that that if Bluecat is touting his graphics models as superior to other Honey Select games, because he is using the PH engine, I really don't see it, and in fact most recent games now using Honey Select have superior graphics to Ecchi Sensei.
He's not doing that, which was my point, that he chose them because at that time- HS and Daz was dominating the scene with a lot of mediocre design choices, as this was a few years back when this type of development was still finding its legs in a mass market. He liked the Playhome set up more, and felt it stood out against everyone else because it is rather distinctives versus standard Honey Select. I don't think he touts it as being better, and at current he understands that its unsustainable and will switch software for his next games with more broad support.

I've attached the poll, it basically is asking people if they want merge to take longer or shrug off character info for the time being, so we can have the update out much faster.

That's all from me.

Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Damn. I'm a big fan of the profiles, as they really enhance the experience for me, but yeah, they should totally add it in later. That's just common sense. Hopefully the Patrons agree.

Thanks for sharing that, Skummy.

Edit: Why are the T8s not included in the profiles? I recall them being included back during Week 1.

Reactions: Eponymous_01
Jul 17, 2019
I like the feature, but it if makes a difference of MONTHS if not a YEAR, kick it the fuck out. Anything that gives problems for times as long as that, it's not worth it (currently).
I feel like the BC should be getting month 1 out asap, and a few upcoming updates, to at least earn some goodwill with everyone again.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Mrow T8 character data is probably uninvolved due to the propensity for a majority of T8 supporters to duck the fuck out of their financial obligation on their character-thus abandoning them. Why dedicate resources when there's 100 other girls' to look after? That's basically it, why waste data and time on reporting on uninvolved characters that aren't being supported?

Either that or its a miscommunication, who the fuck knows.

mudzy2k10

Jul 8, 2020
I just can't wrap my head around how the character info stuff is somehow a months long project. From a technical side it isn't too complex since most of the information doesn't change. Age, height, class, etc. Fill it out once, stick it in a file, populate it on load and toggle visibility/values based on progress the mc has made it in game. The longest part of this is the data entry or am I missing something here?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
If the charinfo is causing that much of a delay then he should hire some temp coders (or whatever role is necessary) to speed it along. Based on previous updates it sounds like it's mostly just menial work and since it's just one specific feature that would be worked on it wouldn't take long to get someone up to speed on what to do.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I just can't wrap my head around how the character info stuff is somehow a months long project. From a technical side it isn't too complex since most of the information doesn't change. Age, height, class, etc. Fill it out once, stick it in a file, populate it on load and toggle visibility/values based on progress the mc has made it in game. The longest part of this is the data entry or am I missing something here?
The visibility/values were a klunky mess with the way things were originally being done, so that system needs to be reworked to avoid breaking the game and to make saves translate from one version to the next. There were months where the coder wasn't working at all because they got sick and even after getting better they can only dedicate so much time a day to it.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Being clear here, all data for the chara info has already been populated by Blue, its the code that makes it work that is proving an issue of time and thus has to be put on the back burner and left alone while they commit to finally releasing Month 1 and getting things back to normal, then hopefully it can be reintroduced later on.

tohot2pimp

Nov 9, 2017
I feel that they are mostly stuck into trying to figure how to maintain the format while just inputting the individual information of the character in different languages. They are probably trying to save some space by only using the image once and not overload it with redundant HD images.

Now why does this take more than a year to figure, I have no idea.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I like the feature, but it if makes a difference of MONTHS if not a YEAR, kick it the fuck out. Anything that gives problems for times as long as that, it's not worth it (currently).
I feel like the BC should be getting month 1 out asap, and a few upcoming updates, to at least earn some goodwill with everyone again.
It's the feature I'm most excited about, but I agree completely.
Mrow T8 character data is probably uninvolved due to the propensity for a majority of T8 supporters to duck the fuck out of their financial obligation on their character-thus abandoning them. Why dedicate resources when there's 100 other girls' to look after? That's basically it, why waste data and time on reporting on uninvolved characters that aren't being supported?

Either that or its a miscommunication, who the fuck knows.
Yeah, that makes sense. Shame though.

Jul 17, 2019
I've attached the poll, it basically is asking people if they want merge to take longer or shrug off character info for the time being, so we can have the update out much faster.
Any chance u can give us an idea how the poll is swaying so far?

It's the feature I'm most excited about, but I agree completely.
I agree, it's a great feature, but at this point I'd rather play the game with every single feature removed and only have renders, animations and text, if it means I'll actually have something to play.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Any chance u can give us an idea how the poll is swaying so far?

I agree, it's a great feature, but at this point I'd rather play the game with every single feature removed and only have renders, animations and text, if it means I'll actually have something to play.
Yeah, same. I asked in the Discord, and it's leaning towards a sooner release at the moment. Not sure how much of a lead it's in though.

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
due to the propensity for a majority of T8 supporters to duck the fuck out of their financial obligation on their character-thus abandoning them
Don't mean to sound rude(I might also be misunderstanding how the t8 pledge works), but are you really surprised people ducked out of paying over 100$ a month for 10+ months for 0 content for those characters? Because, from my understanding, it's not like the month one merge will also release with any story progression.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
This is absolutely insanity to me, it feels like a broken record at this point that somehow has more pieces left to break. It's news to me that that the char info stuff is such a popular feature since atleast from my memory it was half broken all the time and didn't really add anything except a recap?

If this is causing such a big dev time issue just delete it forever, honestly. Readding it later is only adding the massive time destroyer back into the game and literally no one, no one wants that. Save that idea for your next game once you learn how to develop a game properly. There is a reason people generally start with smaller scoped games.

We went from late 2020/early2020 to now 2022 for a potential release (or sooner if charinfo gets dropped, hopefully forever). BlueCat is either completely ignorant, incompetent and a slow learner (the last point is fine, we all are at different things) or just a liar. I know not everyone here agrees not from my viewpoint that's exactly how it looks and I don't think that will ever change until far in the future they are back to substantial on-time back to back releases. Why are we considering dropping this feature now and not 9 months ago? I thought it was also just the save state holding it back a couple weeks ago? I'm even more curious how their saves are coded now....

Lowkey now I'm super tempted to rip the game and go build it in ue4 (since I'm more familiar) and upload a fan-made merge just for the damn lols.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
and literally no one, no one wants that.
Speak for yourself, mate. It's one of my favourite features. I'd gladly see it dropped to speed things up for now, but I want it back later, when what problems it's having are resolved, even if that means waiting until all of Ecchi Sensei is finished.

Reactions: monk_56
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes