Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Don't mean to sound rude(I might also be misunderstanding how the t8 pledge works), but are you really surprised people ducked out of paying over 100$ a month for 10+ months for 0 content for those characters? Because, from my understanding, it's not like the month one merge will also release with any story progression.
Them leaving has nothing to do with the merge actually, most of them left because they felt entitled that once they paid the initial sum, they would continue to see their characters involved at the same rate with no further support. This all occurred during the actual development cycle, no T8 supporters who stopped for the merge have been dropped unless they don't intend on coming back.

Now, you can disagree that someone should have to keep supporting after the initial, but I'd argue, this is a perk you're paying for and it detracts resources form much better characters than your mostly shitty insert of an OC (some of these characters are literally the worst and Blue has to fix them before adding). You pay the additional for the perks because its means that much to you you will keep supporting. I'm not currently paying as it is, and that's fine, because no development means I don't have to at this point in time, however once it begins again I will go back to sending 100$ because I not only wish to fully support the game, but I'd like to eventually see my Amy in action and also have her be in a relatively good spot as well.

As for the poll, its a majority just want the merge done, chara info can come in later.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Amazing. I truly thought I had seen it all with this dev team. Bluecat has a lot of nerve. Now, after a year delay in the "almost done" merge, he is now asking for a vote whether the merge should take even longer? Is he serious?

Remember the "merge" vote? Where he asked his patrons to vote on whether they would prefer the merge or new content, assuring them it would only take a month or two?

The only thing that the majority of the fans want is new content, not the "merge", not new features, not translations into Portuguese, not smaller file sizes.

The only reason people voted for the "merge" was because they were told it would be just a month or two, and then the players would then be getting even more new content, faster. Clearly that didn't happen.

Sure, added features are nice to have, but clearly we have seen that Bluecat and his team can't handle added features.

Rather than vote to add more features, and give them even more excuses for another year delay before new content, they need to take features away and just release ASAP.

Simplification should be the mantra of the Ecchi Sensi team. And even more important, content.

Every message from the devs should contain the words "new content".

Content is what matters.

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Amazing. I truly thought I had seen it all with this dev team. Bluecat has a lot of nerve. Now, after a year delay in the "almost done" merge, he is now asking for a vote whether the merge should take even longer? Is he serious?

Remember the "merge" vote? Where he asked his patrons to vote on whether they would prefer the merge or new content, assuring them it would only take a month or two?

The only thing that the majority of the fans want is new content, not the "merge", not new features, not translations into Portuguese, not smaller file sizes.

The only reason people voted for the "merge" was because they were told it would be just a month or two, and then the players would then be getting even more new content, faster. Clearly that didn't happen.

Sure, added features are nice to have, but clearly we have seen that Bluecat and his team can't handle added features.

Rather than vote to add more features, and give them even more excuses for another year delay before new content, they need to take features away and just release ASAP.

Simplification should be the mantra of the Ecchi Sensi team. And even more important, content.

Every message from the devs should contain the words "new content".

Content is what matters.
Okay settle a bit, Bluecat already knew the answer, but he felt it important that his patrons have their say in how he moves the project. He wants those who pay him to have their chance to voice what they want, that is a developer's job just as much as anything else (including having a PR rep for just these occasions). I'll overlook the rest of your generalities and express this, this is a learning curve, and being completely honest, everything you complain about is taken into consideration and acted upon.

The reason you feel like its not? Because we're not done with the current issue to begin working on the other issues, so you feel like you are not being listened to. When in fact there's a nice big stack of ideas and understandings, waiting to be expressed once this debacle is over. We're at the finish line, finally, and good riddance to this struggle-wait a week to let everyone have their say and then things will move the final leg forward.

Understand you are all being heard, it just doesn't feel like it while there's no current content being thrown out to you, but just like anything else this has some hurdles it has been getting over. We're almost done, please just be patient and lets all take our chill pills. We know that pretty much all the other components are functional, therefore it should hopefully be a short time to knit what's left together, and get it sent for testing.

You are correct however, content IS what matters, nobody will debate that point with you (except everybody who will). We're all looking forward to it, so lets keep looking forward and keep this train moving, yeah? Yeah.

That's all from me, I'll leave you all to it.

Stay Forwards, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Zen02

Jun 12, 2020
Yo, is it just me or are the split links for in week 1 (day1~7 final) part3 and 5 completely ducked ? (hvn't tried mega cause it's not compatible with my device). Void's website seems to hv vanished with anon throwing 404 everywhere

yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
Okay settle a bit, Bluecat already knew the answer, but he felt it important that his patrons have their say in how he moves the project. He wants those who pay him to have their chance to voice what they want, that is a developer's job just as much as anything else (including having a PR rep for just these occasions). I'll overlook the rest of your generalities and express this, this is a learning curve, and being completely honest, everything you complain about is taken into consideration and acted upon.

The reason you feel like its not? Because we're not done with the current issue to begin working on the other issues, so you feel like you are not being listened to. When in fact there's a nice big stack of ideas and understandings, waiting to be expressed once this debacle is over. We're at the finish line, finally, and good riddance to this struggle-wait a week to let everyone have their say and then things will move the final leg forward.

Understand you are all being heard, it just doesn't feel like it while there's no current content being thrown out to you, but just like anything else this has some hurdles it has been getting over. We're almost done, please just be patient and lets all take our chill pills. We know that pretty much all the other components are functional, therefore it should hopefully be a short time to knit what's left together, and get it sent for testing.

You are correct however, content IS what matters, nobody will debate that point with you (except everybody who will). We're all looking forward to it, so lets keep looking forward and keep this train moving, yeah? Yeah.

~Skummy Out
Bluecat Bob...

woops

Jun 22, 2017

~Skummy Out
Dafaq u mean he already knew the answer? SO why is he asking in the first place? u basically said that the poll and our answers dont really matter. I knew u guys are making fools of supporters but NOW u just spit on our faces even more. Fuckin shame m8.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Dafaq u mean he already knew the answer? SO why is he asking in the first place?
Pretty much my sentiment. I mean even asking at this fever pitch in the thread was just asking for drama and being self destructive. I mean people have been foaming at the mouth since 2020....

I'm not sure what to think about those paying right now. They are either stupid or really REALLY love the game. I loved this game when it was releasing content, but man has this turned into a shitshow that didn't need to happen.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
While I can understand, thanks for stickling around, these are one of a kind models that you won't find anywhere else, as Bluecat custom designed everything himself-no base builds.
Ok please don't lie to people. These are Illusion models and anyone can make them in Honey Select. It is cool that he made his own building maps but the MC is almost the generic model FFS. That's as base build as you can get.

JohnTitor1up

Aug 12, 2016
SO why is he asking in the first place?
It seems like he's asking in order to make their patrons feel involved in the development process. The reality, in all likelihood, is that this is an attempt to buy time; all of the communications in the last year have been a massive stall in order to placate people being rightfully impatient while their work is being, self-admittedly, done in a slow and incompetent fashion.

Regardless of whether progress has been made, stopping communication is a death wish business-wise. Developers want money (thus open avenues of investment) and many need money to continue working on their projects.

Hypothetically, if your start-up screws up everything on the dev side but somehow keeps investors on the hook through communication/marketing, you are making a near-infinite financial return on little to no labor investment. This method of operation, although scummy, is much more profitable and much less sustainable than a steady in-out flow of capital and product. This has happened with many games on this site (and hopefully not this one), and many people would call this a grift; the money input/content output ratios for their "breaks" are straight up undefined (notwithstanding the differing definitions/intentions of the patronage).

The kicker is that this is that all these games are crowd-sourced, meaning that normal business analysis can be thrown out the window as the investors are arguably a mix of expectant and non-expectant on a return/product for their investment.

//edit: clarification

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Alright, would you all stop being such negative nancies for five seconds, you get good news and immediately you begin to complain.

First off, yes while Playhome models are still able to be recreated, I was talking about the girls being all custom designs, not base rate models that he just slapped a few alterations on. You really are not going to find them in other places, especially since nobody actually uses Playhome for game builds frankly.

Second off, of course he knows the answer, but you have to ask the question regardless or people are going to be upset that they were not asked. If you are not a patron you don't get it, if you are a patron then go vote and leave it at that. It's simple, stop making a big deal about it. Nobody wants unilateral choices to be made about a project they should have their say in, if they are giving the money into it.

Third off, stop spreading misinformation, this is not a stalling tactic nor is anything untoward occurring, until you have proof you need to quit trying to slander the name of the developer. You don't get to just lie to people's faces about how everything is just a money making tactic to fuck everyone over, just because you're jealous.

Please quit attempting to stir up trouble in this thread, the rest of us are perfectly content with not having this all brought back up again, we're finally nearing the end and you guys are trying to make it seem like things will never change. Despite the clear and open evidence that there is a way out and it's here. I will reiterate, this is a pirate site, you are entitled to nothing, stop being judgmental over perceived notions of conspiracy.

Can we please now move off this topic, how would people feel if there was ever an Ecchi Sensei manga? Bit toned down of course but a nice kind of slice of life type manga revolving around Matsu and his three daughters? Ecchi hijinks ensuing of course.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
The problem is Skummy, we are not "near the finish line" in a realistic sense and you've been preaching this for months now. Even if BlueCat drops the cardinfo feature to rush it out the door the actual "full" product won't be out until 2022 and that's not "near" unless you consider 1/4th the dev time as close given the time span of over a year to develop.

When I see the word "near" being thrown around for these type of games and their typical update schedule I would expect a couple weeks, that's it. It's delusional to look it any other way if comparison I feel like after many months of insufficient evidence from bluecat.

Polls at this point are pointless. Why ask to drop it now when he polled like a year ago saying it would only take 2 months at most? How do we go an extra 8? months beyond that point without giving another poll to suggest dropping this feature and any others because it very clearly IS NOT just the charinfo and save-state that's the issue. I remember them having health problems back at the start of the year? but even these three things together doesn't add up to a 2022 release for the full version.

It'd probably be better for bluecat, anyone else in the know to just not talk about the game until it's out is how I feel because the more they talk, the less it seems like they know but I'd concede it's evidently a bad business move since it seems to work for them.

JohnTitor1up

Aug 12, 2016
... this is not a stalling tactic nor is anything untoward occurring, until you have proof you need to quit trying to slander the name of the developer.
The content is not out in a timely manner. The team is stalling for time as they complete their work. The proof is the lack of content and continued communication. Stalling is not inherently malicious.

I made no lies, simply a supposition that I have hence clarified. Please calm down and don't make attacks on people's character.

It was already established that this is all due to incompetence, not malice. I only hope the best for BlueCat.

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
After trying to figure out between all the rumors, accusations, excuses and other discussions why the CharInfo is so incredibly important.... I am still not smarter than before.

If it's not too much to ask, maybe someone could enlighten me briefly please?
Or have I missed an incredible feature so far in the game simply because I didn't understand it and was too focused only on the story and events?

I've given the discussions of the extremely long wait a wide berth so far... Hotter than a volcano...

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
The problem is Skummy, we are not "near the finish line" in a realistic sense and you've been preaching this for months now. Even if BlueCat drops the cardinfo feature to rush it out the door the actual "full" product won't be out until 2022 and that's not "near" unless you consider 1/4th the dev time as close given the time span of over a year to develop.

When I see the word "near" being thrown around for these type of games and their typical update schedule I would expect a couple weeks, that's it. It's delusional to look it any other way if comparison I feel like after many months of insufficient evidence from bluecat.

Polls at this point are pointless. Why ask to drop it now when he polled like a year ago saying it would only take 2 months at most? How do we go an extra 8? months beyond that point without giving another poll to suggest dropping this feature and any others because it very clearly IS NOT just the charinfo and save-state that's the issue. I remember them having health problems back at the start of the year? but even these three things together doesn't add up to a 2022 release for the full version.

It'd probably be better for bluecat, anyone else in the know to just not talk about the game until it's out is how I feel because the more they talk, the less it seems like they know but I'd concede it's evidently a bad business move since it seems to work for them.
No no you misunderstand, if Character info was left in it would be 2022, if kept out much quicker though I'm unsure of just how fast, but this is really the only outstanding issue that I know of considering I am the one who talks to the devs about this.

Sorry to insinuate, but you can see around you the people who have this vitriolic hatred. I know I've been saying it for months because I've been told it for months. My job is to keep you all occupied, informed, and trying to do damage control on the fact that them being amateur developers, one of which with serious medical issues, continue to drop the ball they keep picking back up.

I am sorry for my rudeness, just exasperated at this point, so I will re-inform everyone of the key points:

-Removal of Character Info will solve the last major hurdle of the merge, thus speedlining the final build and getting us into testing phase. Keeping it in means 2022 release, and many more angry people.

-Polling was done because, and I quote "I already know the answer, but I have to let them have their say". Bluecat is well aware of the issues, but that does not mean he is unsympathetic to others point of view in the contrary to the rational idea. Everyone who pays for this deserves to have their voice heard, end of story.

-Yes, it is still taking a long ass time, please bear just a bit longer, I know my credibility does not mean much. However, I've been trying to be a trustworthy source, and buffer for everyone's frustrations and contemplations for this entire period. I am doing my best, please just stay with be and I know we can ride this out.

-You are being heard, understood, and communicated with, there is nothing being hidden from you, no scams, no milking, no misdirection. You're watching a bumbling bunch of nincompoops, trying to coordinate this weird fucky mess of a project, into a coherent mass. You are not being ignored, and my presence here is in support of that fact, if Bluecat did not care he would not endorse me and consider me his PR front.

-The moment Alpha is out, or even if we are in the preliminary testing stages of dev bugfixing, I will drop that knowledge immediately. I'm on the pulse of this, every step of the way, you guys will be made aware of what happens I promise you that.

With all of that restated, and with the fact that this decision is gonna be the last in a long line, of trying to navigate this gigantic titanic mess of a merge, I ask you please keep calm with me on this one. I know I haven't always been the best in the past, but I'd say my skills are improving, throw me a bone a nd lets chill out with some vibin on separate issues from this yeah?

Also the reason of importance of the Character Info, Markosh, is because some people really fucking like all the stats and recaps, notes, etc that are used in it and a way of keeping track of 100 girls mentally. however, its not playing nice with code, and to make it play nice would take far more time, so a vote is being pushed forward to remove it for now and focus on getting this done. This is causing its own uproar, but generally everyone supports removal temporarily so we can have a finished product finally, though people like myself advocated for revisiting it when the merge and some much needed updates are released.

Simply put, its a feature, that is fun for some, but needs removed for now so we can have shit get back to normal quickly.

Moving on, I'll revisit two previous questions that keep getting drowned out:

What animal is Skummy, and you get bonus points if you know my breed of this particular animal.

What are you opinions of an Ecchi Sensei manga, ecchi of course but in a lighter tone to the hardcore that we have now?

All these things put, I wish to devour my tacos now, so I will bit farewell while I eat tacos and watch Slime.

Stay with me dammit! Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
After trying to figure out between all the rumors, accusations, excuses and other discussions why the CharInfo is so incredibly important.... I am still not smarter than before.

Or have I missed an incredible feature so far in the game simply because I didn't understand it and was too focused only on the story and events?

I've given the discussions of the extremely long wait a wide berth so far... Hotter than a volcano...
Personally, what I want out of a character guide is rather simple, show me who is this person and what have we done? In the last version before the merge, the screen also gave you stats like amount of cum swallowed, which is difficult to code and track. Some people like to see those sorts of stats. I don't need them as much as I need a way to look up a character because I often forget who some are, even in games where there are monthly updates.

Some people really like stats in their games, they like to see how many times they have had anal with a character, how many BJs etc. Coding and tracking that and then displaying it can be done, but it can get complicated. Harem Hotel, for example tracks lots of stats for the girls but there are quite a few less girls than in this game. Skimming through the large amount of yelling, it seems that this stat tracking is difficult for the people currently involved in making the game to implement. If that is the case leave it out, get the game up and running again with a simple character card and keep an alpha version to tinker with that could eventually replace the main game if the bugs are all worked out. Release it as the Blue Cat special edition or something at a later date but a get a solid merged version out as soon as possible.

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
Personally, what I want out of a character guide is rather simple, show me who is this person and what have we done? In the last version before the merge, the screen also gave you stats like amount of cum swallowed, which is difficult to code and track. Some people like to see those sorts of stats. I don't need them as much as I need a way to look up a character because I often forget who some are, even in games where there are monthly updates.

Some people really like stats in their games, they like to see how many times they have had anal with a character, how many BJs etc. Coding and tracking that and then displaying it can be done, but it can get complicated. Harem Hotel, for example tracks lots of stats for the girls but there are quite a few less girls than in this game. Skimming through the large amount of yelling, it seems that this stat tracking is difficult for the people currently involved in making the game to implement. If that is the case leave it out, get the game up and running again with a simple character card and keep an alpha version to tinker with that could eventually replace the main game if the bugs are all worked out. Release it as the Blue Cat special edition or something at a later date but a get a solid merged version out as soon as possible.
Thank you for your answer. (y)
I must admit, now I am really confused...
The statistics, which I find funny but totally unimportant, are a big part of the whole issue?!??
And yet precious time is spent on this?
Your suggestion of the "Special Edition" sounds more than reasonable to me!

So I can only continue to hope that "the mighty merge" can be finished as soon as possible and then again hope and wait for new content :unsure::coffee:

Reactions: pgm_01

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you for your answer. (y)
I must admit, now I am really confused...
The statistics, which I find funny but totally unimportant, are a big part of the whole issue?!??
And yet precious time is spent on this?
Your suggestion of the "Special Edition" sounds more than reasonable to me!

So I can only continue to hope that "the mighty merge" can be finished as soon as possible and then again hope and wait for new content :unsure::coffee:
The basic stats are an issue. Each decision was coded in such a way that it corresponded to a single particular stat update. In other words, the charinfo page would have to check day1decision3 to determine if that specific point was gained. This made the whole thing buggy and screwed up saves transferring from one version to another. Changing this system requires going through the whole thing which is tedious and time consuming. Throw in Latecomer being unable to work while sick, and only being able to dedicate so much time to it after recovering, and progress is slow.

As for the importance of any particular feature, it's Bluecat's game and the charinfo and phone are features he wants. Whether the rest of us play the game is largely irrelevant to that issue. Funny thing about passion projects, passion doesn't always flow with the will of the crowd. Personally I couldn't care less about those features. But the game is fun, and already fairly huge, so I'm just going to keep wanting and waiting.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019

It's not important, but it does enhance my enjoyment alot. It's been busted since Day 8, so I've been looking forward to seeing it fixed, but I agree that it needs to wait until later so we can move past this mess.

It's not incompetence when 2 weeks become 1+ year.
I dunno man, that seems pretty damn incompetent. I honestly don't think they could successfully scam their patrons if they tried.
We have enough details, like the Github that high tier patrons see where updates are added, that to believe BlueCat is scanning people, is to believe he's some kind of white collar criminal mastermind. At this point, he would need to be paying his Patrons to hold up the lie, and one of those Patrons is spending $999, so they'd need to be paid more than that to ensure they don't leak the scam. At that point it's cheaper to just not include that with any of the patron tiers.
Any situation where BlueCat is scamming people starts to border on the absurd.

This site is also very quick to accuse people of scamming their supporters, which

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes