sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
I tried not to be negative as I'm somewhat new to this game and started playing this game after the merge pause. My wait for an update hasn't been as long as people who started from the beginning. However I have to agree with the majority that it's looking more and more like he's taking everybody for a ride.

I can see covid as reason for a delay and even holidays taking up some time but it can't take up all the time. As far as I can see the dev or the head guy has been unaffected for the most part so no reason why after some time he didn't make any changes to his team. It sounds like they are going to be delayed again for whatever body issues are. How he allowed his project to be held hostage for so long is beyond me.

If you are coming here as a newer player like I was support other devs who have more control over their own projects and deliver updates in a timely manner. If for some reason the dev shows up here and sees this you need to man up and get control over your game.

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
Ecchi Sensei IS already the longest and biggest Visual Novel of all time. Means no other dev so far reached the same or larger amount of images, coding, and dialogues. Not here and not somewhere else.

I also hired more people to work on the project than average game developers from this site with the same income. Means I summary receive much less for more work I do than others.
Also about "milking": I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues while my coders and manager, who also works as proofreader and translator are busy with the merge of all previous released Ecchi Sensei updates.

That's some real "How it started/How it's going" meme material right there.

stevejerks

Aug 7, 2018
I have a question. Where is Skummy Ecchi? Perhaps the PR contract is terminated?
Happy new year to everybody ;-)
In this game Matsu does not have people steal the women from him, he steals the women from everyone else, that includes the past. There is no chance that Mao isn't Matsu's daughter, and the step daughter thing was mostly to skirt around Patreon's limitations while still having a daughter in the vanilla version. I have no doubt it is just Matsu being dark and forgetting because he was blackout mode, because Blue fucking hates NTR in any context including the past. That much is clear if you hang out on the discord :3

I still haven't asked about shit, so don't bother asking, I'm a bit busy right now but I'll let you know what happens over the next few days of where we are at and answer Smartmint's question. I was just ducking in to put this up.
He said he was busy, and that he would give an update if anything came up.

YLuffy94

Feb 19, 2018
I have a question. Where is Skummy Ecchi? Perhaps the PR contract is terminated?
Happy new year to everybody ;-)
He is taking a break from all this over the holidays of Christmas and New Year, will be back possibly within the next 3 days

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Well it was a nice game but I guess its not realistic to wait for any new content from these fools at this point. Sadly they could have made much better money if they kept it up and running. This is the bad side of this type of games, people who make em don't think big. I guess its about the size of their wiener.
From the sounds of things it was too big of an idea from the start. If combining three weeks' worth of content poses this much challenge, 365 days is on the level of Dwarf Fortress--except Tarn Adams kept a steady development pace, posted regular updates on his forum, communicated directly with his user base and even drew cartoons and wrote stories for donors.

I'm still new to ES and holding out with hope from a purely selfish standpoint because of the potential. Hard to argue with defeatism given the huge delay, however. The one thing I'd forgive is the coder getting sick--coming back to a code base you're trying to refactor after six months away is at best starting from scratch. Even a week or two away can be a challenge.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I'm sorry I know I said I'd update, but instead of I got sick and have been feeling like shit, and sleeping all day, rather than dealing with this fucking mess right now. As you might be able to understand, I'm a volunteer and so this is just my courtesy update, that when I'm feeling better I'll be back to help figure out what the fuck is going on. I just didn't want people wondering where I was as I got very quiet all the sudden.

Hope everyone else is having a better start to 2022 than I am, fun fact I got covid on new years of 2020 so this is not the first time a shitty year started out with me sick and in bed! So that's just a fun as hell omen, well if I believed in that shit anyways :). Apologies for not being here to help while things are being sucky, but I am not able to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time right now.

Anthaeus

Dec 9, 2018
I'm sorry I know I said I'd update, but instead of I got sick and have been feeling like shit, and sleeping all day, rather than dealing with this fucking mess right now. As you might be able to understand, I'm a volunteer and so this is just my courtesy update, that when I'm feeling better I'll be back to help figure out what the fuck is going on. I just didn't want people wondering where I was as I got very quiet all the sudden.

Hope everyone else is having a better start to 2022 than I am, fun fact I got covid on new years of 2020 so this is not the first time a shitty year started out with me sick and in bed! So that's just a fun as hell omen, well if I believed in that shit anyways :). Apologies for not being here to help while things are being sucky, but I am not able to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time right now.
Just relax and recover please. The haters are gonna hate whatever anyone says and those of us who give a shit will still be here however long anything takes.

Feb 12, 2021
Well it was a nice game but I guess its not realistic to wait for any new content from these fools at this point. Sadly they could have made much better money if they kept it up and running. This is the bad side of this type of games, people who make em don't think big. I guess its about the size of their wiener.
From the sounds of things it was too big of an idea from the start. If combining three weeks' worth of content poses this much challenge, 365 days is on the level of Dwarf Fortress--except Tarn Adams kept a steady development pace, posted regular updates on his forum, communicated directly with his user base and even drew cartoons and wrote stories for donors.

I'm still new to ES and holding out with hope from a purely selfish standpoint because of the potential. Hard to argue with defeatism given the huge delay, however. The one thing I'd forgive is the coder getting sick--coming back to a code base you're trying to refactor after six months away is at best starting from scratch. Even a week or two away can be a challenge.
i remember coming across this game WAY back sometime around x-mas '18, n back then there weren't even multiple weeks of content...just week 1. n i remember that b/c i remember trying to understand how the w/t worked, which was basically a flow chart, n ended on day 7.

n because there was so much content (at the time) for a game that relatively new, n there were periodic updates coming, of 2-3 days at a time, i chose to become a sponsor of the game, b/c of ALL the games i've seen on this site, both before n since, THIS was, is, n probably(?) will be my all-time fav, based on the content/themes/tags. even when it took longer n longer b/t updates, i stuck by BlueCat's side, chatting w/him on Discord, just touching base now-n-then, n offering support.

then, iirc, the updates stopped coming altogether (i'm not including halloween '20, since it doesn't directly involve the main storyline) sometime around june/july '20, followed shortly thereafter by BlueCat's absence on Discord, n after a few months of checking in, i stopped bothering, n reluctantly stopped supporting, b/c i know less $$ means less chance of devs being motivated to work on projects...n i REALLY wanted to see this game continue n thrive.

now here we are, roughly A YEAR-N-A-HALF LATER, AND STILL NO UPDATE...???!!! even IF there had been the forecasted/promised 1 week/month update, that still would've taken over 4 years to finish. yet here we are after this was released 3-1/2 years ago, n we STILL don't even have ONE MONTH'S WORTH???!!! it's a travestshammockery that we were all led down a false Primrose Path, n for reasons many of us will never know, this is the end result.

i was holding out hope until the new year, based on what others were saying about the possibility of a re-release/update happening by then...but we see how well THAT happened. hence my resulting rant...n i still really wanna see this start up again, n if it does, n ON A CONSISTENT BASIS, i will go back to becoming a sponsor of BlueCat's, n support the development n continuation of the game.

because over all others, THIS is the ONE game i wanna see come to fruition n completion...i'm dying to see the end result of Matsu n his daughters, along with what he n Crazy Nurse can accomplish together, along with the principal...promises, promises (how much fun would that have been, the mom watching/helping while Matsu rapes her daughter, possibly even her and/or the dad joining in). n lest i forget Fuyu, aka "#1 waifu", n Tomoe, "#2 waifu", along w/her mom n sisters...that's 1 clan i would most DEFINITELY join.

so much promise, yet so much disappointment...n to make a long story short, STOP LYING TO US; PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! my wish is that this will become the Bret Hart of VNs, n if BlueCat n his team can follow thru on what they originally promised us, then this would wind up being: "THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, N THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!!" but we're a LONG, LONG, LONG time ago, in a galaxy FAR, FAR, FAR away, from that happening...damn i would love to be proven wrong on this :unsure:

P.S. no hope is better than false hope...better to put the 'abandoned' tag on this, so that the rest of us can move on, than keep leading us down a path of false expectations/hope when there's none to be had. just like relationships...better to end it than stay in a bad relationship; it's better for all parties involved, so they can both move on.

Last edited:

Arcturius

Jun 13, 2020
short question is there a dm patch for Valentine Special and Fapoween Special (2019)?

(are the two I can't find right now)

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
taken froom discord.....I'm not a hater, I love this game... but truth is truth....

Marche04/04/2021
the only thing i can say is that blue already made the images for the next 2 updates

the problem is that his translater/programmer got really sick which is why he cant make anything for the month 1 update

Dot04/04/2021
Cheers, gives some context at least

Marche04/04/2021
well thats really it

there isnt much they can make

and no one expects anyone to pay something

i mean... if blue would have know how this all would end, I dont think he would make a month 1 merge at all

or at least he would make the other updates first

Dot04/04/2021
Thanks Marche, at least I have an understanding of whats going on, will wait and see.

tormented

Jan 31, 2020
so there you have it folks he made artwork for 2 updates 9+ months ago and is just sitting on it if these guys are to be believed
I don't know if this is newer or older. but from what I heard (Think it's here on the forums) blue mentioned that his translator quit/left and is looking for a new one. I am not sure if they gotten a new translator and this translator got sick, or if thats old and the new update was they are looking for a new translator.
But there is another thing I seen as well, about the merge where they need a new coder/programmer so they can have all the features they wanted in the game. If they can't find anyone for that, then they will just make the game and remove all the features (such as the phone and descriptions off all the characters)

Reactions: rostabu

Vladimir_xyz

Feb 28, 2021
Here are some facts about my game:

Ecchi Sensei IS already the longest and biggest Visual Novel of all time. Means no other dev so far reached the same or larger amount of images, coding, and dialogues. Not here and not somewhere else.

I also hired more people to work on the project than average game developers from this site with the same income. Means I summary receive much less for more work I do than others.
Also about "milking": I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues while my coders and manager, who also works as proofreader and translator are busy with the merge of all previous released Ecchi Sensei updates.

I don't care how other game companies or dev groups work. I'm not a copycat sneaking around other games and steal code or ideas or something. I always follow my own order in case of creation, coding, dialogues, releases and management.

Since Ecchi Sensei is a so big project since the beginning of the creation process in my mind over 2 years ago, the week 1 merge and month 1 merge are extremely necessary for my future plans.

Everyone in my team was inexperienced in creating a Visual Novel but also everyone learns with every new release new tricks and a Day 8 release used different coding than a Day 10+11 release. Now we combine all of our wisdom to the entire game, started with day 1.

But it is not just a ordinary merge like that with bug fixing and putting all together. We also become multilingual by adding german and hopefully also french to the month 1 merge. Plus we say goodbye to hardcoding stuff and code almost everything by our own to drastically reduce the overall size for the month 1 merge, PLUS it also benefits for the upcoming merges. Instead of taking 300 hardcoded core images for features with us for every single update, we redcue the amount of by 90% which means hundrets of megabyte no longer need to be downloaded for each update.

About the Daz/Illusion discussion:

Some people like Pepsi, others drink Coke. You prefer Xbox? Some believe Playstation is better. I for myself decided to choose Illusion and instead of like 99,999% of all other devs who also prefer Illusion over Daz, I not decided for Honey Select which comes with an overwhelming large modder Community. I took "PlayHome" because for me, it looks better. It also means I need to create my own mods and maps and I need to fuck up with SketchUp and Unity which I really hate but I do it because this game is my passion and I like what I do.

It is up to you to decide if I'm a milker or not. But running out of ideas? Bitch please... I have not many skills, but being creative is my strongest. I'm able to create stories and dialogues in any kind of situation.

For those who are interested to know: Here is how I start a new update:

So first of all, the whole game concept and elementary story elements already decided in may 2018. When I begin with an new update I open my notepad++ and firstly decide who's in the cast of the new update which takes like 5 minutes. After that I write for another 5-10 minutes what happens in the update or what should happen. Then I take a few hours for pickung clothing and makeup for the next few days and after that I start creativ the images. After the over 1500+ images are done (yes, that many images and more I create for every single update) I prepare the coding stuff to get ready for the dialogues in Atom. I open the first image made at my second screen and I just start writing and while I write, the dialogues just flew into my mind.

So I never run out of Ideas. It is exactly the opposite. I unfortunately have too many ideas and I always want to put more into every single update but It always needs to come to an end so I need to deal with that problem.

I know. It sucks hard waiting so long for a merge which also comes with no new updates. But It never was planned to release Week 4 in Month 1 merge because the first ingame day was not July 1. No, it was July 13. So in the middle of the month. Month 2 will get four weeks. Almost the whole August and from there on every new month comes with four weeks. But, not every month means a new merge.

If you think you're upset or angry or whatever because of the long time to wait for the month 1 release, you have no idea how we dislike merging. For me, merging is like cleaning public toilets with my tongue. I mean yes, some people may like cleaning public toilets with there tongue. Heck, there is no kinkshare from my side. But I really dislike it and I love creating new content and share the new content with the many people who like the game. But the week 1 and month 1 are required.

Gladly, our foundaition will get strong enough after month 1 which means no big merge is required for a very long time. The next big merge I plan is in the year 2023. So over the next two years we focus on producing new content like we did before.

The decrease in supporters is also a thing. Ecchi Sensei is my first project and I never thought it gets that big by supporters. But it really helps out. So I was able to hire people. Especially Latecomer, my project manager who also works as main translator is very important. My english is very basic and without his help the game would never get these kind of nice dialogues. So yes, money is of course important. But I never decided to create Ecchi Sensei for moneys sake. It just helps to produce more content and increase quality of the content.

They more we grow, they more I invest in helpful hands. So with your support I'm able to increase the amount of the team to hire new modders for more and better looking clothings, maps and object. Or to add a new language for the game. Pay my composer for new calming classical piano background music etc.

And when I reach a specific amount of monthly supportance I just starty my own company and hire more people which work on Ecchi Sensei, but also on other projects I'd like to realize.

Ecchi Sensei is my baby, but it is just the beginning. I hope most people like to follow me on our journey.

So long,
Blue
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i only played a little bit but i have to say it was the best but the wait is by far the worst.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes