Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Surely the translator/programmer wasn't doing both jobs that left? lol. Seems like an unnecessary bottleneck in dev time that would just draw it out. Surely they're two separate people now if that was the case before.

That said though, Month 1 has already been translated. Perhaps minor changes here and there but that should not hold the project up at all unless they stupidly retranslated the whole thing which while a lot has gone wrong on this game... I'm not going to believe that's possible lol.

As for the next two updates already having it's pictures made, sure that's possible and I would expect it but given the absolute lack of a single picture over the past year or so it makes it hard to believe due to their terrible PR so who the fuck knows.

Are we waiting until march for another patreon update? lol

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
jesus, didnt realize the game was still on hold, its been over a year right? Guess this is another LaS with Veqvil
Well, I don't know what happened to that one, so I couldn't say for sure if it's an apt comparison.

Not so much "on hold", as there is evidence that it's being worked on, but it is progressing at an inexcusably slow rate due to incompetence.

TM REDUX

Dec 14, 2021
Well, I don't know what happened to that one, so I couldn't say for sure if it's an apt comparison.

Not so much "on hold", as there is evidence that it's being worked on, but it is progressing at an inexcusably slow rate due to incompetence.
LaS was one of the first VNs i played along with this one, was way ahead of its time in render quality since it was a 2017 game, and had a really cool story, but it had a 1-2 year hiatus followed by another few updates, then got abandoned.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
LaS was one of the first VNs i played along with this one, was way ahead of its time in render quality since it was a 2017 game, and had a really cool story, but it had a 1-2 year hiatus followed by another few updates, then got abandoned.
Still sucks they abandoned that, crazy how they still have over 100 patreons with no update last year at all (idk about their discord if they have one). I hope it comes back one day but doesn't look like it..

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Still sucks they abandoned that, crazy how they still have over 100 patreons with no update last year at all (idk about their discord if they have one). I hope it comes back one day but doesn't look like it..
That is the issue with the Patreon model, for better or worse. It is very good for amateur devs, because it allows them to get funding on an unfinished product, which allows many to make very good games and get funded while they work on it at a reasonable pace to keep the patrons happy. However, some devs abuse the system, and patrons that hold out hope against all evidence, or have enough money so they don't mind giving it away for nothing, allow the dev to make a halfway decent income for no work.

Game developers that have personal integrity would actually call their game on-hold and pause donations until they start to work on it again. But if you have no integrity toward your fans, what is to keep you from collecting $3,100 a month indefinitely for no work?

Ecchi Sensei's donations have been remarkably flat for a game with no new content or proof that anything is being developed for over a year. Bluecat can probably keep making close to $3K a month for yet another year or longer without doing anything but making vague statements of progress and excuses every 2.5 months for another few years.

Bomatres

Dec 9, 2018
I remember BlueCat say something about his dream moving to Japan, out of all places Japan is the most disciplined country i've ever been to, even being late 1 minute on work because your train is late require you to have official statement from the train station, and we see BlueCat here doing nothing to make his project finished on schedule

BlueCat sorry to break it to you but if you see this message just give up on your dream of living and working in japan, being a foreigner alone already hard enough for someone to live in japan
let alone someone who can't manage their work schedule

don't treat this as a hate speech, treat this as a warning to you. You can't work in japan as a foreigner with such a poor discipline.

Somebody365

Sep 16, 2018
Been lurking a while, thought I'd make an unwelcome contribution. I really enjoyed the game content that existed, particularly the dark mind stuff. It's a really great collection of fetishes, right up my perverted streak. Now for the however.

I am a software developer with over 20 years of experience. It is beyond me what this legendary "merge" issue that has caused all the delay could be. My guess would be a source code merge issue, but that seems impossible. There is no way that a source code merge issue could cause a year's worth of delay (or anything longer than about a month in a complete shitfest, where the source control server catches fire and you have no backups). In the worst case scenario, they should have been able to recreate all the content from scratch in about 3 months using copy and paste. It's not like renpy is hard to code for. Either there is simply no work happening, or the people working on the project are utterly incompetent. What is clear is that the lame excuses that keep getting trundled out are pure bullshit, that's the truth Skummy, believe what you want. Then the concept itself, while awesome doesn't seem achievable. I was extrapolating timelines based on the development speed of the project before it ground to a halt. At the rate they were going, it would have taken 50 years to complete one year in game, so they would have had to get a LOT faster.

It is a shame, because, as I said, I really enjoyed the game.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I've never touched ren'py but I am sure if I was either paying (college courses) or being paid to master it ... I would definitely have something to show in a year, might not be the entire project as envisioned but since the artwork already exists it would be more than month 1... in theory if all the things in this thread are true there should be at least 5 weeks of artwork to put into whatever framework you want to hang it on and there are tons of plot point already having groundwork laid... there is no reason for SOMETHING not to come out of bluecat studios by now. anyone remember boom?

Radchaai

Jun 6, 2020
I'm only in the Day 3 of the Week 1, but I'm deeply in love with Satsune. ¿They are many scenes with her? She stars any of the specials?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I'm only in the Day 3 of the Week 1, but I'm deeply in love with Satsune. ¿They are many scenes with her? She stars any of the specials?
She has a few scenes but I can remember if she was in the specials I tend to say no to that but I can say if you like Kaede you will start to dislike her because she is not what I would call a good mother.
Edit: She has a scene in Lewdmas 2018

Muk_king

Oct 5, 2019
Translation cannot possibly be an excuse at this point. If it's causing trouble, just run it through a machine translator and the community will correct them until later.

I think an update release has to come by end of January to prove this project is still viable.

Feb 12, 2021
Not going to happen. No way.
to quote Howard from TBBT in the christmas episode when Sheldon goes back to Texas to help his sister out w/having her baby, n they're imagining what life would've been like if they had never met him, the scene where they're fat n in the cheesecake factory n Leonard says he's gonna ask out Penny:

"yeah...n i'm gonna squirt chocolate milk outa my nipples. Oh...i thought we were saying things that are never gonna happen"

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
If we're dealing with impossibilities, how about an ES/Portal mashup where any girl you send to Crazy's lab has to solve puzzles, and the reward for successful completion is Matsu's dick. CrazyOs runs the thing, turrets shoot cum instead of bullets (65% more squirt per squirt) and the companion cube is a Sybian.

The question then is: Which girl do you send down first?

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
I'm sorry I know I said I'd update, but instead of I got sick and have been feeling like shit, and sleeping all day, rather than dealing with this fucking mess right now. As you might be able to understand, I'm a volunteer and so this is just my courtesy update, that when I'm feeling better I'll be back to help figure out what the fuck is going on. I just didn't want people wondering where I was as I got very quiet all the sudden.

Hope everyone else is having a better start to 2022 than I am, fun fact I got covid on new years of 2020 so this is not the first time a shitty year started out with me sick and in bed! So that's just a fun as hell omen, well if I believed in that shit anyways :). Apologies for not being here to help while things are being sucky, but I am not able to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time right now.
take your time skummy stay safe mate

btw can i ask a question and pls be honest with us without any bias answer do you think they can make it this year?(case of omicron they might affect the team again who knows) or we should just move on and accept that this master peice become... well you know one of those games.

cheers mate.

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes