Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Well, a few hours of boredom later I merged the game myself using the 'work backwards' approach lol. The DM stuff kinda tripped me up since I kinda wanted each week with a diff patch still but didn't seem possible since patches in this game just replaces the whole file, didn't seem to work like other games? So in the end it's just pre-patched and you gotta use the toggle.

Was poking around it trying to make sure it would jump between days etc properly and found a random keypad that's used twice and caused errors and jumping back in days. Couldn't seem to separate what it was looking at and the code wasn't setup for looking at what day you're on (If Bluecat plans to use this same code in the future they'll need to alter it to do this efficiently) so instead just changed the first time it pops up which is when Saki finds it... so now it ends on a cliffhanger for that day :ROFLMAO:

Did look at saves briefly, none of my quick stuff worked but I'd imagine it would be fixable. How they were looking at saves seemed to change between each week but meh, it's only a for fun project. New saves seem to work fine & Week 3 saves from previously do load.

I noticed there seemed to be a bit of duplicate data, like pictures for the phone etc which could be trimmed out. No idea if there was duplicate code and why this became a thing or not. Phone still disabled in week 2 or 3?, never tried enabling it in the code to see what would happen but I'd imagine there isn't even script lines for it since they dropped it for that week or days.

They really should've just gone with a week 4 separately, maybe even just merged towards the end of the project since it seems to just work putting it together with minor changes needed.

Accidently used an uncompressed week 2 so ended up 5GB total, so I'd expect the official one (or post f95zone compression version) to be even smaller whenever it releases. Incase anyone's interested and to wants to poke around it all put together here's a link for it:

Soulonus

Dec 23, 2021
Well, a few hours of boredom later I merged the game myself using the 'work backwards' approach lol. The DM stuff kinda tripped me up since I kinda wanted each week with a diff patch still but didn't seem possible since patches in this game just replaces the whole file, didn't seem to work like other games? So in the end it's just pre-patched and you gotta use the toggle.

Was poking around it trying to make sure it would jump between days etc properly and found a random keypad that's used twice and caused errors and jumping back in days. Couldn't seem to separate what it was looking at and the code wasn't setup for looking at what day you're on (If Bluecat plans to use this same code in the future they'll need to alter it to do this efficiently) so instead just changed the first time it pops up which is when Saki finds it... so now it ends on a cliffhanger for that day :ROFLMAO:

Did look at saves briefly, none of my quick stuff worked but I'd imagine it would be fixable. How they were looking at saves seemed to change between each week but meh, it's only a for fun project. New saves seem to work fine & Week 3 saves from previously do load.

I noticed there seemed to be a bit of duplicate data, like pictures for the phone etc which could be trimmed out. No idea if there was duplicate code and why this became a thing or not. Phone still disabled in week 2 or 3?, never tried enabling it in the code to see what would happen but I'd imagine there isn't even script lines for it since they dropped it for that week or days.

They really should've just gone with a week 4 separately, maybe even just merged towards the end of the project since it seems to just work putting it together with minor changes needed.

Accidently used an uncompressed week 2 so ended up 5GB total, so I'd expect the official one (or post f95zone compression version) to be even smaller whenever it releases. Incase anyone's interested and to wants to poke around it all put together here's a link for it:
Didn't take you an year and half of your time I hope

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

fantastic.gif

Feb 12, 2021
Damn Blue must have an in with the mods here because they go on deleting sprees on this one, had a couple posts deleted responding to someone's questions lol, and asking about the updates.
i just noticed my most recent comment was deleted, for "general rule #1 violation: trolling"; i don't even remember what i said, but i always make an effort to NOT troll...so yeah, pretty sure what you're saying is accurate

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021

To be fair in programming you tend to spend around 90% of the time on 10% of the code. But I think you have indeed proven that it should have been more than possible to do the merge in the year and a half

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Thanx Dukez
seeing you already posed the file I'm gonna d/l and play through your merge just to try to remember why I liked this game, how long did you invest in it? Maybe if it looks good you should apply for a position in bluecats team, using this as a resume (or cv depending where you are from) Either way thanks for the work done :)

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
it seems according to myuhinny its not activity on this board but activity on their patreon page that counts to whether something is abandoned or not

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
it seems according to myuhinny its not activity on this board but activity on their patreon page that counts to whether something is abandoned or not
I thought more about activity in releasing updates.
When we reach over one year and a half without an update for a simple Ren'Py game with Illusion models, the game is abandoned, no matter how often the dev is posting some little text either on his Patreon page or here.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
This game should at least have an onhold tag because more then 1 year without any game update makes for me no sense that this game has nothing.It should have an onhold or an abandoned tag for the moment but it is my personly opinion

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
The merge has been completed. It was posted a few comments ago.

Now if only the devs knew the merge has been completed.

*cough* *cough* someone put that on discord *cough* *cough*

Oh man, *cough* I must have corona or something.
I think you should be the one to get that honour. You suggested it, so it's only proper.

• Haha
Reactions: wiseold6996
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes