Jay82

Oct 4, 2017
Cool, ask him why someone here can merge the game in a mere hours with a handful of bugs and they have nothing for over a year.
Yes please. And while you're at it, please ask if the team ran into the same issues as Dukez. If they fixed them, or left them in as he did. Such as:
The DM stuff kinda tripped me up since I kinda wanted each week with a diff patch still but didn't seem possible since patches in this game just replaces the whole file, didn't seem to work like other games? So in the end it's just pre-patched and you gotta use the toggle.
Or this one:
Was poking around it trying to make sure it would jump between days etc properly and found a random keypad that's used twice and caused errors and jumping back in days. Couldn't seem to separate what it was looking at and the code wasn't setup for looking at what day you're on (If Bluecat plans to use this same code in the future they'll need to alter it to do this efficiently) so instead just changed the first time it pops up which is when Saki finds it... so now it ends on a cliffhanger for that day :ROFLMAO:
His information about saves:
Did look at saves briefly, none of my quick stuff worked but I'd imagine it would be fixable. How they were looking at saves seemed to change between each week but meh, it's only a for fun project. New saves seem to work fine & Week 3 saves from previously do load.
And another one:
I noticed there seemed to be a bit of duplicate data, like pictures for the phone etc which could be trimmed out. No idea if there was duplicate code and why this became a thing or not. Phone still disabled in week 2 or 3?, never tried enabling it in the code to see what would happen but I'd imagine there isn't even script lines for it since they dropped it for that week or days.

Dukez looking into the code of the game and sharing his findings, is a job very well done. I'm not a coder. I couldn't have done it, so thanks for that.
But the trolling towards the dev now, with those stupid comments that there is now a working version, "look it's so easy" (I'm paraphrasing of course) adds nothing to the conversation about the game and it's development.
Would be nice if Bluecat did share some of the issues they are facing with some details, as Dukez did, than there might be a bit more understanding of the long delay.

Btw. some of my posts, as a bluecat defender also got deleted. It's not a "somebody must know a moderator" thing. *facepalm*

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Dukez looking into the code of the game and sharing his findings, is a job very well done. I'm not a coder. I couldn't have done it, so thanks for that.
But the trolling towards the dev now, with those stupid comments that there is now a working version, "look it's so easy" (I'm paraphrasing of course) adds nothing to the conversation about the game and it's development.
Would be nice if Bluecat did share some of the issues they are facing with some details, as Dukez did, than there might be a bit more understanding of the long delay.
The point is that it was done in only a few hours, without any pay, by a single person whereas bluecat's team has 2 coders that have been working on it for a year and a half and it still isn't out. Keep in mind two that the person who did the rough merge wouldn't have been familiar with their code at all so fixing issues like what he pointed out would be much easier for the team than some random person doing it for fun.

Up till this point plenty of us coders have looked at it and said that it would be relatively quick and easy to merge everything together and there was no excuse for this delay and now there's actual proof of that. I'm sure most people who've been waiting would have accepted what Dukez put out as an acceptable alpha version of the merge while they fixed they worked out the other bugs. So yes, given this fan merge now exists the trolling towards bluecat and his team is absolutely justified.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Thanx Dukez
seeing you already posed the file I'm gonna d/l and play through your merge just to try to remember why I liked this game, how long did you invest in it? Maybe if it looks good you should apply for a position in bluecats team, using this as a resume (or cv depending where you are from) Either way thanks for the work done :)
I'm not a coder so hacking together stuff using existing code to figure out how it works is far easier to me than writing something from scratch.

At this point, the drama around the actual development of this game is more compelling than whatever story the VN might be trying to tell.
Fully agree on this point hahah.

Not a coder either, I've done some stuff but most of my experience with it is looking at existing code and altering it to what I want it to do instead. I don't think I've ever looked at python before but it kinda reminded me of LUA code in some ways.

I hope people don't get the wrong idea with my self merge. Don't play it and expect your saves to work in whatever version Bluecat ends up releasing cause it probably won't. To expand on the saves though, my understanding is when loading it would look at your save to match it against a version for that week. I'd imagine you could probably just expand on this to include identifying previous week saves (which it doesn't do atm) or loading and dumping info into a new save? This latter would probably be ideal for transitioning to a new save system and retaining data but have more worked involved.

I actually wonder if you could edit a week 1 save to match whatever line the existing code looks for and if it would load or not, but I never looked into this nor plan too.

I mainly just wanted to highlight how much actual time is needed to "merge" what exists even if it's far from perfect. I've no idea how the calendar, char info things, phone etc work out in those systems but since we already know it has bugs I'd imagine it would just need bug fixes since all the data is there for when it looks at it, and then adding new info for when it was disabled on some days/week? how much this would change the script I have no idea.

But yeah... Bluecat update when?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I mainly just wanted to highlight how much actual time is needed to "merge" what exists even if it's far from perfect. I've no idea how the calendar, char info things, phone etc work out in those systems but since we already know it has bugs I'd imagine it would just need bug fixes since all the data is there for when it looks at it, and then adding new info for when it was disabled on some days/week? how much this would change the script I have no idea.
Thanks Dukez! I've been saying for a year now that the fact that it takes months (now years) to merge the game, is a load of hooey. Anyone that is either familar with Renpy, or has programmed in any computer language, ever, knows that the merge is a trivial exercise. You proved that it is even more trivial than I thought.

Thanks for proving my (and many other people's) point!

I can't wait to hear Bluecat's / Skummy's next excuse, probably in about a month. Maybe Bluecat broke his pinkie finger during Christmas opening a bottle of wine and needs a few months of recuperation, so no merge until 2023.

At this point, the drama around the actual development of this game is more compelling than whatever story the VN might be trying to tell.
Exactly, haha. I barely remember the story, it wasn't exactly deep in the first place. I know a few fans around here still have some goodwill left for Bluecat and team and think he is actually working on the game, but I can only be lied to so many times before I don't believe anything anymore. What is the expression? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"? What is the version for fool me 10 times?

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
You know after doing this one thing I hope Bluecat adds is some sounds during the sexy scenes, I forgot there wasn't actually any and I'm not sure how it would work with the animation speed slider they have now but it would be a nice thing to see them add too it. Not sure if the game version the models are shot in comes with sounds, but the newer version or mods has plenty that should be repurposed for this game. Would be a nice addition.

Jay82

Oct 4, 2017
Well, I wonder if the issues with the merge aren't about putting all the existing content together, but rather more laying the groundwork for the following content. If I remember correctly the direction of the game is supposed to change from a linear story to a sandbox version. Pick and choose what girls you want to progress, who you ignore, etc. Wouldn't that mean you'd have to code multiple choices of girls, with whatever actions available with them, for each following day, while simultaneously progressing with the intended main story. That would be a lot of information in the save files (I guess).

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Well, I wonder if the issues with the merge aren't about putting all the existing content together, but rather more laying the groundwork for the following content.
Yeah, that's what it is. The actual merging part was never the issue. It's all about smoothing out the jank, and getting all the mechanics in, so it can serve as the foundation for all future content.

Unfortunately, they seemingly can't seem to pull that off. Which is unfortunate, cause it did need to happen.

It's still going to be largely linear. The sandbox scenes are only during the after school sections during the week, and will result in alternate dialogue through the non-optional scenes. Main plot will still progress in a linear fashion though. The sandbox scenes will be in addition to the linear scenes, not instead of.

Last edited:

Somebody365

Sep 16, 2018
Yes please. And while you're at it, please ask if the team ran into the same issues as Dukez. If they fixed them, or left them in as he did. Such as:

Or this one:

His information about saves:

And another one:

Btw. some of my posts, as a bluecat defender also got deleted. It's not a "somebody must know a moderator" thing. *facepalm*
Hi Jay, not trolling you, just saying, I am a coder. I looked at the code and I commented previously, it's not that complicated. It really isn't. What I was pointing out is that there is no way that it should take anything like a year for this simple operation. We are talking about taking three mostly working projects and some bits and pieces and blending them into one. The majority of what is in the 'code' files is text (descriptive or dialogue). I have no vested interest in this project and I am not and never have been a patron, it's a bit sad that it seems to have ground to a halt because I really, really enjoyed the game and was hoping I could have lived vicariously through Matsu for a bit more of the year. I don't believe a word of the propaganda and excuses the dev team keep trotting out though.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
It's neither "On Hold" or "Abandoned" because it hasn't hit the prerequisites required to get branded with either. If you think those prerequisites are too lenient, take it up wit the mods and stop asking the same questions over and over.

Nebulous

Aug 11, 2017
I was so onboard with this game, actually seemed pretty decent, and has been so far imo. But I knew this was going to happen at some point when I first saw the whole "this game will feature 365 days" thing. I think we all knew it really, it was never going to hit 365 days, but I thought it would get a little further than this before seeing the huge development gaps (assuming this gap closes and it doesn't just get dropped officially).

It's a shame really, and all of this isn't even for content, it's a cleanup merger with bug fixes, or at least it was last I checked;so they can't use the "so many screensh- I mean renders to render you guys" excuse that certain other people like to use to keep some patrons hooked. Honestly I'm sad to see it happen, a true shame. Rip month 1, you're missing a few days anyway, but rip all the same. Maybe it'll get revived in time for the next hot covid varient we gonna get, who knows, hopefully I'm made a fool and they slam out an update shortly after I post this shit, that'd be nice.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hmmmm. According to lewdpatcher the darkmind patch is supposed to have some readmetxt to explain how to install the patch. I'm playing week 1. When I DL the week 1 complete darkmind patch, there is no readme, and the files just look like the game. Can someone help with install instructions for the patch please? :cry:
Do I just merge everything over to the game? There is a lot of stuff in the patch.
Hmmm, there is macOS and linux stuff in here, can I delete these files if I'm on windows?

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I would laugh so hard if they just took Dukez's version and put it out as their own, their "hard work". Hah.
Doubt it, would be hilarious though. There's a bunch of small changes they probably wouldn't pick up on though if they did do it so who knows maybe I'll look at what they release for fun. Kinda curious to see their new save thing now anyway.

Hmmmm. According to lewdpatcher the darkmind patch is supposed to have some readmetxt to explain how to install the patch. I'm playing week 1. When I DL the week 1 complete darkmind patch, there is no readme, and the files just look like the game. Can someone help with install instructions for the patch please? :cry:
Do I just merge everything over to the game? There is a lot of stuff in the patch.
Hmmm, there is macOS and linux stuff in here, can I delete these files if I'm on windows?
Paste the files over the standard game. Yeah it's a silly way of doing it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes