yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
That's not happening. If it didn't happen when he was out for months, or when the project went over deadline by a whole ass year or when he was literally told "finish this by the end of the year or you're out"; it's not happening.

Just accept that the main content Ecchi Sensei will provide for the forseeable future is drama relating to the process of development.
Yeah, Bluecat seems to be under the impression that Latecomer is irreplaceable, how someone not able to do their job can be irreplaceable is beyond me.

Name00131

Apr 30, 2021
What's darkest thing this game does? The Dark Minds patch promises a lot, but week 1 doesn't really deliver any of the actual fucked up shit.

Still pretty great IMO, just wondering what half of the tags are doing here if that content isn't in the game yet.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
What's darkest thing this game does? The Dark Minds patch promises a lot, but week 1 doesn't really deliver any of the actual fucked up shit.

Still pretty great IMO, just wondering what half of the tags are doing here if that content isn't in the game yet.
You can rape an unconscious girl who was drugged by the school nurse in Week 1. How much darker are you looking to go?

Name00131

Apr 30, 2021
You can rape an unconscious girl who was drugged by the school nurse in Week 1. How much darker are you looking to go?
Just wondering. Speaking strictly inside the game world, is it even rape if she's not even gonna have a hint of what happened? I enjoy hardcore corruption, something like in the game Corruption. Still, that's just a preference and the story is pretty cool.

So far the corruption here feels more like mutual love enflamed into lust. Also crazy nurse lab and itsumi's drug business had me expecting something like addiction+blackmail. Guess that's something that could be added a couple months down the storyline.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I enjoy hardcore corruption, something like in the game Corruption. Still, that's just a preference and the story is pretty cool
This MC is screwing his underage kids, and students. He enjoys rape, blackmail, and manipulation of minors. I think you may have become a bit desensitized by these types games, if you don't see how fucked up that is. :unsure:

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Are we gonna get an update in 2022?
Ha! Major Asshole. To your question. The pessimist in me says no. The realist in me says maybe, hopefully. The optimist in me says. . . well, he ain't talking, he's been dead the last year. Joking, but considering how the last 1+ year has gone, the project leader not knowing shit, and latecomer stringing everyone along, I'd say yes it will come out in 2022 but I'm guessing mid-late 2022.

Name00131

Apr 30, 2021
This MC is screwing his underage kids, and students. He enjoys rape, blackmail, and manipulation of minors. I think you may have become a bit desensitized by these types games, if you don't see how fucked up that is. :unsure:
Nah I see it as very fucked up. Just with all the content warnings on this thread and the DM Patch, I was expecting this to be a 14/10 on the fucked up scale, but so far(end of week 2) it's just been 9/10 fucked up.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
So, I haven't checked this dumpster fire that is Dual Family Sensei this fucking game. Are we gonna get an update in 2022?
In theory, there should be an update within the next couple of months. In practice, Bluecat's given nothing concrete despite his ultimatum at the end of last year and every day we stray closer to The God Hand.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
Bluecat's given nothing concrete despite his ultimatum at the end of last year and every day we stray closer to The God Hand.
This is where You're wrong, my good fellow, BC STATED the game will be finished before 2022.
I still remember promises of full in-game year of gameplay, yes, there were supposed to be time skips, but none of us expected them in a form it currently is.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
This is where You're wrong, my good fellow, BC STATED the game will be finished before 2022.
I still remember promises of full in-game year of gameplay, yes, there were supposed to be time skips, but none of us expected them in a form it currently is.
BC gave Latecomer an ultimatum that either the merge will be finished before 2022 or they move to plan B. I can't imagine Bluecat ever believed the full 365 game days would be finished before this year, so I hope you've got a quote or Patreon post to back that up.

PS, there's not supposed to be time skips. The plan is to switch to a sandbox format once the in game story has settled down. There's supposed to be required story content as well as optional side content you can access through the sandbox once the format switches. This change would also result in releases of weeks or months at a time instead of days, but no days would be skipped in game unless you, for some inexplicable reason, decide to do nothing with the girls during sandbox roaming periods.

Juliana

Jun 6, 2017
He said it early on around or before the week 1 merge (I wanna say 2019 or so so it'll be impossible to find now). Said it would be done by mid 2021 or something along those lines. Back then I thought he was over-ambitious and man... I had no idea.

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
Bluecat ever believed the full 365 game days would be finished before this year, so I hope you've got a quote or Patreon post to back that up.
Not gonna waste my time here searching, not a funder anymore.
So... Your word against mine. Fell free to prove I'm wrong, I'd be glad to be.

there's not supposed to be time skips. The plan is to switch to a sandbox format once the in game story has settled down. There's supposed to be required story content as well as optional side content you can access through the sandbox once the format switches. This change would also result in releases of weeks or months at a time instead of days, but no days would be skipped in game unless you, for some inexplicable reason, decide to do nothing with the girls during sandbox roaming periods.
Oh... so, were You clever enough to withdraw before me?

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
He said it early on around or before the week 1 merge (I wanna say 2019 or so so it'll be impossible to find now). Said it would be done by mid 2021 or something along those lines. Back then I thought he was over-ambitious and man... I had no idea.
Unless he was talking about the month 1 merge, I find that highly unlikely. Back then he was releasing 2 days per month and he didn't plan on switching to sandbox until after month 2 was done. So you think he somehow expected to produce 42 days (21 months of work) and another 316 sandbox days and the holiday specials AND do the massive bugfix merge that he expected to take at minimum 3-4 months within a 24 month timeframe? I know the delays on the merge have brought his leadership and scheduling into question, but that just sounds ludicrous to me. I'll give you the same challenge Barabash decided to be too lazy to answer. Provide a quote or Patreon post, or stop spreading bullshit.

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
You know I think I remember something along those lines as well, I don't think the post month 1 content is supposed to be as bulky in comparison to month 1 and that's how you would effectively pad out a full 365 days. I'd still contend it's kind of a bad idea because it will effectively become a different game that has an insane "tutorial" for lack of a better word to get to the "real game" part lol.

I can't remember exactly what he said but I'm pretty sure it was said alongside his ambitions and how he had big plans beyond just this project and that's why it wasn't going to take forever to hit that 365 days of content mark. I'm sure someone could probably dig up this part and it would mention the other part alongside it.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Unless he was talking about the month 1 merge, I find that highly unlikely. Back then he was releasing 2 days per month and he didn't plan on switching to sandbox until after month 2 was done. So you think he somehow expected to produce 42 days (21 months of work) and another 316 sandbox days and the holiday specials AND do the massive bugfix merge that he expected to take at minimum 3-4 months within a 24 month timeframe? I know the delays on the merge have brought his leadership and scheduling into question, but that just sounds ludicrous to me. I'll give you the same challenge Barabash decided to be too lazy to answer. Provide a quote or Patreon post, or stop spreading bullshit.
It is ludicrous. People thought so when he said it as well, and that was back when people had faith in him to see this through. He's always been known as overly ambitious, even before he started shitting the bed.

It was in the post that stated in was going to cover an in game year, I think? I'd look it up myself, but I need to leave for an appointment, so don't have time.

graz150

May 26, 2020
Here you go:
I'll let you search the patreon post to see if it's real or if it's some kind of long term conspiracy made by haters just for the sake of "spreading bullshit".

Ecchi Sensei Week 1 - Status Report No. 17:

Helloooo~

This is the last status report for Week 1. There won't be any more.
In this last report, as announced last week, you get further info on the final release and also some info on how things are going to proceed in the future.

There are many different rumors regarding on how long Ecchi Sensei is going to be and how many characters the game will feature.
Here I want to make a public statement to define what my goals are so that this speculation can stop.

Ecchi Sensei will contain 365 ingame days. Then it's over but it will be continued directly afterwards. There is definitely going to be a sequel to Ecchi Sensei that starts where the first part ends. My goal is to create the biggest and longest visual novel of all time, and after the first 365 days that goal will have been reached easily.

Days 1-7 contained 1 ingame day per update. The speed is increased a bit in Week 2 and so the next three updates will be the following ones: Day8+9, Day 10+11, and Day 12, 13, & 14.

In the future you will get to see an increasing amount of ingame days per update and the final release of Day 365 will be at the end of 2021 at the latest.
In Ecchi Sensei, there are more characters that have an individual story than in other games, and many people like that but others are concerned because it results in less screentime for the individual characters. To combat that and to continue trying to make all players happy I thought of a way to customize Ecchi Sensei even more so that everyone of you can decide how much time to spend with which person.

For that reason, starting with the end of Week 2 or the beginning of Week 3, during business days (Monday - Friday) you as the player can decide what to do in the evening.
Thus, Ecchi Sensei will have sandbox content, but not in the classic way with constant repetitions of scenes or constant clicking or needing to farm money or other things.

As for how the evenings work, you have action points then you can use to spend time with your favorite characters. You will see a map with different locations and the ladies that are available there.
For instance, let's say it's Monday and Tomoe is available, then you click on Tomoe and spend time with her and you've got two remaining action points that you can invest into others.

The trick about this is as follows... I have repeatedly said that Ecchi Sensei contains main routes as well as character-specific routes.
The main routes govern everything but the sandbox content and character routes are mostly relevant for the sandbox. That means that the main story won't change depending on whether you visited Tomoe on Monday or not. If you see Tomoe again on Tuesday, she might discuss the previous day's events with you but the events of the previous day's sandbox don't have any effects on any main route.

To put it simply:

Monday evening (sandbox):
Sex with Tomoe
Tuesday noon: Tomoe discusses yesterday's events with (just) you.
-------------
Monday evening (sandbox): Didn't visit Tomoe
Tuesday noon: No discussion about yesterday's events because you didn't visit Tomoe.

That means that next to the main routes, there are these character routes that are there mostly so that you can spend more time with specific persons, do naughty things with them, and learn more about them.

In the future, that means you have a lot more choice regarding what persons you want to spend more and less time with.

If you don't like the available choices, you can just stay at home with the family and spend time with them or just skip the sandbox sections.

Alright, so much to that. I hope both of these things are now settled for good. There will be more newly appearing young ladies but it's not a big number.
I don't want to stick to a particular number but it's definitely not going to be above 100.

Alriiight, let's go back to Week 1 and the Final release. After discussing it with my loyal team members, Week 1 will be released by August 11.

Then Latecomer will start working on Day 8+9 while I create the first images for Day 10+11.

Another important piece of information to close off the last status report:
There are going to be "merges" in the future as well
. The next merge is going to be "Month 1", containing all previous updates in one big download. But... and that is very important... the future merges won't take longer than 1 update.

For Week 1, I wanted to create a base with new features that are essential to enjoying the game in my opinion. The next merges won't contain any new grand features that take a lot of itme to implement and so, other than text optimizations, script and performance improvements, there won't be anything new that could cause delays.
That time-consuming work on Week 1 has cost us a lot of energy and I don't want to do something like that again but it was necessary. For the future merges, it won't be, like I said, because we have created a great base to work with. Thus, we will resume releasing 1 update per month in the future and then you can look forward to your monthly dose of Ecchi Sensei again.

That being said, in the name of all of my colleagues, I thank you for the great support we got so far and we hope you continue enjoying Ecchi Sensei.

So long,
Blue

(Yes this may have been posted before but here it is again.)

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes