huge43

Jul 2, 2017
Why do u guys keep posting here is it abandoned, just do like most of us do.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Check from time to time if there is a update, and if not move on and find a other VN to have some fun.

Dont get me wrong i am also sad for no updates for so long but why keep complaining about somthing where 91% of this forum is not even paying for it.
Because it IS a forum, and forums exist only when people express views - like my view, that your elitist remark that 91% of people dont pay for the game, is conceptually wrong. Most people haven't paid for most things, but that doesnt prohibit them from holding and expressing views e.g how many of us own a sports club? Does that prevent us talking about the sport? Or art, or music, or anything?

Part of the problem here, is the fact that an abandoned/delayed/scam/dev doesnt care tag isnt applied. That leaves people in some hope or expectation they can read the thread and find out the progress; it's natural when there is none for people to comment/complain/rejoice/express emotion, like you yourself have. On that note, it appears you have failed to follow your own advice, ironically

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
While we're on the subject. How would someone going about requesting this game gets marked as On Hold or Abandoned? Is there a sub forum or something, or do you just pester an mod directly?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Lol its voluntaire base subscrition so it cant be even a scam.

Any thing he do is promiss stuff that he wont follow up ad the moment, but what he do is not illiagal bye law.

And before u say i am a supporter or some 1 that kiss his ass, u are mistaken but plz dont take stuff out of context.
Most scams (or at least successful ones) will try to get people to voluntarily pay money. Often this is through more devious means (like the famous fake call centers that try to take CC info) but there have been scams on patreon too (ICSTOR is often quoted in this very thread). Voluntary payment does not mean it can't be a scam. Also, while the law is a little more fuzzy on crowdsourced projects generally if something is promised for money and then not delivered then it is illegal (unless the money is promptly returned).

To be clear, I don't have an opinion one way or another as to whether this is a scam (by bluecat or latecomer cuz either one could be at this point). I'm part of the group that's just hoping for the best while preparing for the worst (though I do like to point out whenever latecomer is clearly bullshitting everyone since it's something that I actually am knowledgeable in).

While we're on the subject. How would someone going about requesting this game gets marked as On Hold or Abandoned? Is there a sub forum or something, or do you just pester an mod directly?
You could report the thread but reports don't allow for conversations so maybe a ticket would be the best way. Overwise you could always try tagging a mod or staff member in the thread but I'm not sure they would appreciate that.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Submitting a ticket is the best way. This goes to the forum mods. There is also the Features Request forum for suggestions and clarifications of site policies, but a ticket is probably the way to go for this situation.

I would also make the point that Skummy, while we all appreciate his perspective, isn't the developer and isn't actually involved in the development at all. From what I can tell from his posts, he is a fan and long time sponsor of the game, that chats with BlueCat from time to time on discord, but isn't involved in the coding, rendering, planning, or any part of the actual game development, so any communication by Skummy that the game is being worked on should not count for the radio silence time regarding communication by the developer.

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
You could report the thread but reports don't allow for conversations so maybe a ticket would be the best way. Overwise you could always try tagging a mod or staff member in the thread but I'm not sure they would appreciate that.
Submitting a ticket is the best way. This goes to the forum mods. There is also the Features Request forum for suggestions and clarifications of site policies, but a ticket is probably the way to go for this situation.

I would also make the point that Skummy, while we all appreciate his perspective, isn't the developer and isn't actually involved in the development at all. From what I can tell from his posts, he is a fan and long time sponsor of the game, that chats with BlueCat from time to time on discord, but isn't involved in the coding, rendering, planning, or any part of the actual game development, so any communication by Skummy that the game is being worked on should not count for the radio silence time regarding communication by the developer.
I went with a ticket. Thanks for the info.
Not sure it will mean much though.
As for Skummy, he wasn't exactly given much to work with in the first place, so I'm not sure it's going to make much difference if he whether the mods count him or not.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Hello RandoCard3,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we're also aware of the game's status and thus far they have been meeting our conditions to remain current in our forum. That status may change in the future, of course.

Hope that helps,
Ah, well.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
An admin mentioned that the policy is ~18 months without any updates, so still a bit to go if it gets marked.

graz150

May 26, 2020
What's that then, 4 more months until it gets there? Seems plausible with the slow rate on this merger.
Couldn't they just do what they have done every 2.5 months until now, and release some bullshit 2Mb update that just change version numbers? Wouldn't doing that bypass the 18 months rule too?

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Couldn't they just do what they have done every 2.5 months until now, and release some bullshit 2Mb update that just change version numbers? Wouldn't doing that bypass the 18 months rule too?
Perhaps, but that might almost certainly make the situation worse lol.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
The policy is 3 months without any update. Including patreon posting. Thats for an abandoned tag. On hold is strictly at the request of the dev. So as long as posts are made on patreon this will never have the abandoned tag.

Sad. At what point does someone accept they failed and move forward on a project? But as long as they get paid to not release content we will never really know.

Reactions: -Dreamer-

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
The policy is 3 months without any update. Including patreon posting. Thats for an abandoned tag. On hold is strictly at the request of the dev. So as long as posts are made on patreon this will never have the abandoned tag.

Sad. At what point does someone accept they failed and move forward on a project? But as long as they get paid to not release content we will never really know.
The exception it seems (based on the mod post above) is if there's no actual release for 18 months (which we get to at the end of April). I would guess that this is because of situations like ICSTOR so that devs can only string people along for so long.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
The exception it seems (based on the mod post above) is if there's no actual release for 18 months (which we get to at the end of April). I would guess that this is because of situations like ICSTOR so that devs can only string people along for so long.
Knowing he can't put it off with half arsed status reports for much longer is a small comfort at least.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Knowing he can't put it off with half arsed status reports for much longer is a small comfort at least.
Agreed, if nothing else I would at least like a status report with some actual substance (ie this is what we've done so far and this is what's left). Doesn't even need an estimated date (though hopefully they could provide one by now).

What would be really nice is if they just released what they've done so far and call it a pre-alpha.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Agreed, if nothing else I would at least like a status report with some actual substance (ie this is what we've done so far and this is what's left). Doesn't even need an estimated date (though hopefully they could provide one by now).

What would be really nice is if they just released what they've done so far and call it a pre-alpha.
I tried asking for that in the Discord directly, but BC just acted like it was an unreasonable suggestion. It's a wonder they have a "Feedback" channel at all, considering how defensive they get if you give them any.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I don't usually praise summertime saga, but they're doing a major rework of the game currently and they've split it up into smaller updates, otherwise it would have been a year long wait to get it finished

If Latecomer can't finish all of the work at once, it makes sense to split it up into segments. They could even go through the in-game days, one at a time, re-release them once each one is remade with the new coding etc, and join each next day together once those too are finished

By the end of it, all the days would be together in one place over time

I have no knowledge of programming so what I said might be entirely dumb but it makes logical sense to me

It seems like Latecomer stares at everything, doesn't know what to do first, and so doesn't anything

Reactions: Skalli and Macgamer

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I don't usually praise summertime saga, but they're doing a major rework of the game currently and they've split it up into smaller updates, otherwise it would have been a year long wait to get it finished

If Latecomer can't finish all of the work at once, it makes sense to split it up into segments. They could even go through the in-game days, one at a time, re-release them once each one is remade with the new coding etc, and join each next day together once those too are finished

I have no knowledge of programming so what I said might be entirely dumb but it makes logical sense to me

It seems like Latecomer stares at everything, doesn't know what to do first, and so doesn't anything
I find it funny that one of the better solutions to getting the merge out is... unmerging it.

Reactions: Macgamer

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018

This is more or less how renpy is built to be used. Adding on the new content to the existing game instead of releasing every part as its own separate game. This starting-from-scratch approach is probably what they should've done from the beginning as it would've let them release the entire merge in under 2 months with all the fixes.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Ah, well.
Thanks for trying. It was worth a shot. Mainly so we all don't have to argue any more whether it is abandoned or not, haha.

That would be nice. Although, I have to admit to myself, that the BS status updates about "refactoring all the code", or "rewriting the Renpy engine" is unintentionally hilarious.

I don't think BlueCat can give a detailed status update, because it would basically be this:

"I have done nothing for 18 months. I have no plans for any work on the game. Maybe someday I will decide to work on it. Thanks everyone for all your monthly donations!"

If Latecomer ever gave a legitimate status it would be this:

"Thanks for paying me for over a year to work on other games. The best gig in game development. I have no intention of writing a single line of code for Ecchi Sensei, ever."

There.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes