Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
You know... here's an idea for BlueCat.

Accept the merge is taking too bloody long, and that you need to put out some content that you've likely (Oh I hope so...) already made . How to do that? Go back to monthly releases, even if it's only like 1 or 2 days per update temporarily and accept you need to carry forward the existing save system (inb4 no backups of original last day 21 build, even though you can unren it) up until hopefully the merge is done, or day 30 if need be since the game isn't supposed to change until month 2 from what I remember.

At least you would have something coming out and the expectation that everyone still needs to replay it when it switches over to the merged version with new save system etc remains in place and acknowledged.

You could even frame these days as previews, unfinished in scope etc and will be expanded upon in the merged version since maybe phone related stuff would be disabled or whatever else in this version.

Just do something, lol. In the words of Negan from The Walking Dead....

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Just to note, Bluecat has been trying to do Plan B since beginning of the year, but setbacks keep happening, much like with Plan A. It's not much to go on I know, but even with my pull in shatters now, figured that would at least hold a little bit of something. He isn't just hopelessly waiting for more lip service, he's just also very fuckin unlucky with people he tries to work with.

I'll explain more when authorized to do so, until then just giving whatever amount I still can to ease things a bit.

Stay Loving, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Just to note, Bluecat has been trying to do Plan B since beginning of the year, but setbacks keep happening, much like with Plan A. It's not much to go on I know, but even with my pull in shatters now, figured that would at least hold a little bit of something. He isn't just hopelessly waiting for more lip service, he's just also very fuckin unlucky with people he tries to work with.

I'll explain more when authorized to do so, until then just giving whatever amount I still can to ease things a bit.

Stay Loving, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
This just wreaks of damage control. With all honesty none of that means anything at all. This post could be from 2020 and nothing would have changed.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020

Stay Loving, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
I mean, there has been "setbacks" since 2020 at this point. I don't think his unlucky, I think is his the problem and he needs to own up to it before any real lasting change is made.

Just speculation, but perhaps he isn't paying Latecomer enough and that's why so little work seemingly gets done on it (according to gitlab? updates) since Latecomer also works on other projects apparently.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021

Stay Loving, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
Bluecats had over a year to fix the issue of who he's working with

People with simple bad luck at least would have made decisions on what to do, and try and make it better. I'd hardly call it unlucky when he's done nothing about it. Making up a backup plan a year too late, and having it begin to fail instantly, was obviously going to happen

If he can't take accountability for his game falling apart, then every new plan will have these 'setbacks' too. Until it's obvious to even you that the games finished while the 2 chuckle brothers are managing it. He can't scapegoat latecomer and paint himself as a victim when he's let it happen

I'd highly recommend you read your comments here from June and September by the way. Bluecat directly lied to you about everything, and you've forgotten about it

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Can we at least hear what this plan B actually is?

Well, there is not much new to report, except that we are still working on it, and I have had a serious word with my people about the overall situation.

During this conversation I mainly talked with my right hand and put a lot of pressure on, which led to an ultimatum. An ultimatum that expires shortly before the end of the year and by then Month 1 must be finished. If you can't play Month 1 at the end of the year, I would fall back on an alternative plan that I considered some time ago. I'm not going to give any details yet, as I still hope that I never have to put this plan into action, but the bottom line is that this plan will bring us back to regular game updates very quickly.

My alternative plan is anything but optimal, as I would have to do without a lot in the implementation, and so would you.
But as I said, the plan will only come into effect if we cannot present Month 1 this year.
Until then, there are still 2 months left. The health of my right hand is still far from good, but at least there is always some progress from his side with regard to the work on Month 1.

I will definitely keep you guys up to date.
Keeping the mystery of what plan B entailed was only because he was really against relying on it since it was apparently a really terrible option. Since it seems to now be getting implemented maybe we could actually know what this plan is?

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021

Stay Loving, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
I appreciate you trying to get any news to us at all Skummy. Especially with some of the name calling that happened in this forum towards you. And I will say that you are not to blame for any of this. But holy shit does BC need to get his act together and just say anything. Make a fucking Patreon post or even just a post on his Discord:

"This was Plan A. We had issues X, Y and Z. This is why I haven't done anything about these issues till now. This is the ongoing Plan B. This is in detail what I am planning with it: bla bla. This is the issues we are currently encountering: bla bla bla. This is what I am currently doing trying to fix these problems: xyz."

As a programmer that actually works as a contractor for a pretty large company I can't begin to explain how fucking angry his behavior makes me. Do you have any idea how much my ass would get fired if I spend even just a week working with nothing to show for it? Keeping my wage and not reporting what I have been doing for that week? And blue has been doing it for a fucking year and a half. He can be lucky that there is enough people willing to put up with it because this would not fly in even the most slightly professional environment.

Setbacks happen. Even at big companies. But at least you have to owe up to your fuckups. You have to explain to your manager or superior or whatever why shit went wrong, what you are doing to fix it and what the current status is. BlueCat is doing none of these things.

But oh well. He has his literal hugbox of a Discord server where everyone says this forum is toxic (which is true to a degree I guess) and you get called rude and toxic for asking simple fucking questions about the games progress. Honestly Skummy I wonder how you can put up with it. I kinda respect that but also pity you. If I were in your position I would probably shove my boot so far up BCs ass, his breath would smell of shoe polish. But again thank you for trying to keep us up to date even if it is basically just empty platitudes and excuses at this point. At least you are making the effort.

EDIT: Happy 3 week anniversary since the last git update

Last edited:

kevinscottmiller

Jul 25, 2019
I appreciate you trying to get any news to us at all Skummy. Especially with some of the name calling that happened in this forum towards you. And I will say that you are not to blame for any of this. But holy shit does BC need to get his act together and just say anything. Make a fucking Patreon post or even just a post on his Discord:

"This was Plan A. We had issues X, Y and Z. This is why I haven't done anything about these issues till now. This is the ongoing Plan B. This is in detail what I am planning with it: bla bla. This is the issues we are currently encountering: bla bla bla. This is what I am currently doing trying to fix these problems: xyz."

As a programmer that actually works as a contractor for a pretty large company I can't begin to explain how fucking angry his behavior makes me. Do you have any idea how much my ass would get fired if I spend even just a week working with nothing to show for it? Keeping my wage and not reporting what I have been doing for that week? And blue has been doing it for a fucking year and a half. He can be lucky that there is enough people willing to put up with it because this would not fly in even the most slightly professional environment.

Setbacks happen. Even at big companies. But at least you have to owe up to your fuckups. You have to explain to your manager or superior or whatever why shit went wrong, what you are doing to fix it and what the current status is. BlueCat is doing none of these things.

But oh well. He has his literal hugbox of a Discord server where everyone says this forum is toxic (which is true to a degree I guess) and you get called rude and toxic for asking simple fucking questions about the games progress. Honestly Skummy I wonder how you can put up with it. I kinda respect that but also pity you. If I were in your position I would probably shove my boot so far up BCs ass, his breath would smell of shoe polish. But again thank you for trying to keep us up to date even if it is basically just empty platitudes and excuses at this point. At least you are making the effort.

EDIT: Happy 3 week anniversary since the last git update
im willing to keep waiting and suporting the game people need to have patience i bleieve the syaing is good things come ot those who wait

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021
im willing to keep waiting and suporting the game people need to have patience i bleieve the syaing is good things come ot those who wait
That is a fair opinion and more power to you. But here is a saying I believe in:
"Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion" Also known as Parkinson's law. And I have seen it in action. If you give someone an infinite amount of time to finish something, they will find a way to take forever to finish it

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
If we went back in time a year ago, and the patron income suddenly dipped to what it is now, or even less, change would have been made

They'd have realised that they wouldn't be able to get easy money for doing nothing for a year

While people are clinging onto it and the game slowly dies a painful death, we're never going to see any change. It's going to trickle away until it's long forgotten about. Unless the remaining patrons demand progress instead of spamming cat pictures, that's what will happen

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Man, I don't really care about this games delay too much, but BCs outright refusal to be transparent is infuriating. It's been pissing me off for over a year now, but this refusal to explain what this alleged Plan B is just the icing on the shitty cake.

It's so obviously the worst decision he could make at every step, but he consistently makes it every time. How the hell did they even get three weeks out the door in the first place?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Mmmmmmmm hands are tied on my end so don't get snippy with me all you face palmers, if I don't have express permission to post what's up, I can't post what's up. Anyways, my exhaustion with this thread in immense, and while I can grasp why you might pity me or some such, don't. I chose to do this and choose to continue because I am invested in the success of this project, whether or not it hits monumental fuck ups.

As people stated, I am doing damage control, absolutely on my own accord mind you. I'm trying to cover his dumb ass as best I can, cause its what I said I'd do, because I know how much traffic this site generates for support to him in the good times. So if it seems like things aren't very clear? Its because they aren't, my hands are tied, and I'm just trying to placate people with what little standing I have left after using it all up alongside my fucks to give last year.

For clarity, I haven't been paying Blue since early last year, so I have absolutely no supportive skin in the game, just a lot of dedication to trying to keep Bluecat from blasting off what stub is left of his foot. Am I an idiot? Yes, yes I am. But there's a very good reason I do what I do. I understand that even after all of the bullshit and the setbacks and the fuckness, once things start back up in some capacity, people are gonna be too horny to recall this event. It will generally die off in isolation, as most bad PR that doesn't sink companies tends to.

So if I can keep this project from going down in absolute terms, I win, simple as that. I do feel bad for everyone, and I do wish I could offer more. If you guys hate me for the fact I'm doing my job, cool, you do that. For everyone else? I'll prolly still give you snark but yeh I'm genuinely on your side in this.

Reminder, out of fucks to be given, I don't even see the more toxic posts anymore, this is mostly for those few who still appreciate when I explain what's up.

Now, on to actual topics, if given the chance to be on the same level physically as Matsu, how far would you go to get those results? Would it help if the reward was harem at the end? I am the curious.

So long, I'mma go sleep.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Mmmmmmmm hands are tied on my end so don't get snippy with me all you face palmers, if I don't have express permission to post what's up, I can't post what's up. Anyways, my exhaustion with this thread in immense, and while I can grasp why you might pity me or some such, don't. I chose to do this and choose to continue because I am invested in the success of this project, whether or not it hits monumental fuck ups.

As people stated, I am doing damage control, absolutely on my own accord mind you. I'm trying to cover his dumb ass as best I can, cause its what I said I'd do, because I know how much traffic this site generates for support to him in the good times. So if it seems like things aren't very clear? Its because they aren't, my hands are tied, and I'm just trying to placate people with what little standing I have left after using it all up alongside my fucks to give last year.

For clarity, I haven't been paying Blue since early last year, so I have absolutely no supportive skin in the game, just a lot of dedication to trying to keep Bluecat from blasting off what stub is left of his foot. Am I an idiot? Yes, yes I am. But there's a very good reason I do what I do. I understand that even after all of the bullshit and the setbacks and the fuckness, once things start back up in some capacity, people are gonna be too horny to recall this event. It will generally die off in isolation, as most bad PR that doesn't sink companies tends to.

So if I can keep this project from going down in absolute terms, I win, simple as that. I do feel bad for everyone, and I do wish I could offer more. If you guys hate me for the fact I'm doing my job, cool, you do that. For everyone else? I'll prolly still give you snark but yeh I'm genuinely on your side in this.

Reminder, out of fucks to be given, I don't even see the more toxic posts anymore, this is mostly for those few who still appreciate when I explain what's up.

Now, on to actual topics, if given the chance to be on the same level physically as Matsu, how far would you go to get those results? Would it help if the reward was harem at the end? I am the curious.

So long, I'mma go sleep.
Dude, you really are a fan, congratulations... (y)
I don't understand one thing, you haven't paid since last year? :unsure:
I know someone who sent the police to get back the money invested in the project. :eek:

x8I.gif

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019

So long, I'mma go sleep.
Even if I no longer have any hopes for this game and the development team's integrity involved, I just have to give YOU my utmost respect for coming here and attempting, in good faith, to keep an interest to this game however misguided some may believe it to be.
The amount of vitriol, ridicule and condescension you may have endured here yet still constantly returning to post is a testament to your resolve and backbone toward your endeavors. Again, as potentially misguided as it may seem to others. Good luck to you!

yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
Hey so I noticed you think you could do better, and that's great, truly, but this project already has an excellent manager attached to it. As well as some stellar coders on Blue's team, who are dedicating their time to making sure they can build a proper game the right way.

As a project manager you should already have realized that its better to take it slow on this stuff, when its the first a company has ever produced, to make sure as many kinks as possible are worked out, for the benefit of the consumer. I happen to be one of those consumers that has watched this evolve from the first days of Blue on his own, to now when he has a proper team of veterans helping him to make an excellent and (hopefully) bug-free game.

While your input is indeed appealing, the fact that you offer only dithering remarks about a semantics point, well it just really rings of an armchair developer. The team is doing fine, we're all okay with how this has been developing because Blue and his coders are actually one of the most consistent, and scandal free creators in the adult game development community. So this is one project where I am most certainly putting my money where my mouth is when I say, not only am I an upper tier supporter of Bluecat, I am as well impressed with the organization skills of the development team.

But hey, just a business cat, though the other game developers, content creators, project managers, and coders who are fellow patrons tend to agree with me. Still you really should become a project manager for lease for smaller developers, fi you can whip more of them into shape that are doing poorly for a bit fo side cash that could be helpful to us all.
Sorry for necro-quoting, but reading this post now is funny as hell. :ROFLMAO:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Sorry for necro-quoting, but reading this post now is funny as hell. :ROFLMAO:
This is hilarious I love it hahah.

Lowkey the longer this crap goes on the more it inspires me to make my own, fairly similar themed game lol. Although for me it would probably end up being a merging of this & other renpy games concepts into full 3d in unreal engine, at least that's how I would like to make it but who knows how well it would look visually and how it would play, performance etc. It would be a lot of work replicating physics for animations etc (i wonder if you'd get in trouble ripping honeyselect models and putting them in unreal engine?). A lot of upfront work would be needed to make the foundation and there's too few hours in the day lol.

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021
This is hilarious I love it hahah.

Lowkey the longer this crap goes on the more it inspires me to make my own, fairly similar themed game lol. Although for me it would probably end up being a merging of this & other renpy games concepts into full 3d in unreal engine, at least that's how I would like to make it but who knows how well it would look visually and how it would play, performance etc. It would be a lot of work replicating physics for animations etc (i wonder if you'd get in trouble ripping honeyselect models and putting them in unreal engine?). A lot of upfront work would be needed to make the foundation and there's too few hours in the day lol.
Aside from legal trouble I don't think it would be that easy. Honey Select is Unity Engine. Not Unreal Engine. So I am not sure if it is even possible to convert one to the other. But I would recommend to actually try making a Ren'py game like this to start out with. I don't think a full scale game project in an engine like Unity or Unreal Engine is a good starting point. But I would totally look forward to anything you end up making :)

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes