opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
The other days were never fully done and ready for release, only the renders were ever fully done and ready as Bluecat's main priority is handling art assets and writing. The script is written but needs translated, he can code but its jank as fuck when he does it, so unsure about what he's doing there. Also yes he bites of way more than he can chew and I'll leave it at that, I cannot go too far into a rabbit hole for professional reasons.
I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update
So was he lying?
Also, I've noticed that you're really really really really glossing over the gitlab channel being inactive for a long ass time, what's up with that? Thought Latecomer was busy with the merge.

Aside from legal trouble I don't think it would be that easy.
Lmao, what legal trouble?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Actually, the line where Skummy says "Thus he hasn't been able to actually get shit done until he finds someone to actually work for him." seems like it's present tense to me, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something?
As for the tag, I don't know the defining criteria for how it should tagged as such but it was a logical conclusion of mine as to what 'should' be the definition of 'On hold'. Far be it from me to argue the powers that be how their definition seems illogical or not from the outside. Just some ruminations I wanted to vocalize here.
Nah, I may be the one misunderstanding. If so, sorry.
I agree that it should be on hold. The mods don't agree with us though. I asked them to have a look at this a few days ago, and they said as much. Though, there's a small chance that April is the deadline for them to release actual content before it gets tagged as On Hold or Abandoned, so that's something.
We should definitely argue with the powers that be though. I saw someone actually decide sign up to the Patreon a few weeks ago, which feels a little grimy to me, so I do think this site needs to be more strict about this kinda thing. And that's only going to happen if we make a fuss about it.

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
the problem is that he's gone through several and they all vanish when the work is meant to begin.
I'd get a few GER>EN translators and give them different sections to work with, when some flake you can offer pay and sections to those who didn't. After you've got the mash up of several translators' efforts I'd have another trustworthy guy "standardize" it to read more weebish/less schizophrenic.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
He wasn't lying, I just wasn't aware he already did the code, and all the dialogue is in german obviously, hence the need for a translator.

Also the issue is that if literally none of them want to stick around, the shotgun approach fails. All in all its still a wait and see, just don't hold your breath, but I hope this is end of waiting issues.

Moving on without the merge means that none of the fixes will be implemented, none of the shit that needed fixed will be fixed, hence why it was Plan B. It's less enjoyable, but content needs to be made whether or not its jank code wise, because this story needs to get back to being told I think we can all agree, rather have shittier coded game updates than no updates at all while we wait for the other issues to resolve, as you guys have been screaming for over a year now.

Hopefully this hurdle is mounted quickly, but doubtful, just take all this with mountains of salt. :)

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
He wasn't lying, I just wasn't aware he already did the code, and all the dialogue is in german obviously, hence the need for a translator.

Also the issue is that if literally none of them want to stick around, the shotgun approach fails. All in all its still a wait and see, just don't hold your breath, but I hope this is end of waiting issues.

Moving on without the merge means that none of the fixes will be implemented, none of the shit that needed fixed will be fixed, hence why it was Plan B. It's less enjoyable, but content needs to be made whether or not its jank code wise, because this story needs to get back to being told I think we can all agree, rather have shittier coded game updates than no updates at all while we wait for the other issues to resolve, as you guys have been screaming for over a year now.

Hopefully this hurdle is mounted quickly, but doubtful, just take all this with mountains of salt. :)
What about things like the open world sections and the sex speed thing? Are they getting implemented still? The speed thing not a massive loss, but no open world means less content :/
I would have thought some of the lessons they learned from working on the merge would carry over, at least.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Is it really that hard to find someone that can translate from German to English? Practically everyone in Germany understands English, especially anybody under 30 years old. It is an education requirement. I really can't imagine it is that difficult to find someone to pay $500 to $1000 to to translate a few thousand words a month from German to English.

If Bluecat doesn't know any Germans under 30 that received a good grade in their required English classes, I bet if he did a quick Google search, he can find all sorts of people willing to translate for a few pennies a word.

Here is one source from 5 seconds of Google searching:

Is this really such a difficult hurdle? Forgive my skepticism, but it sounds iike just another excuse.

Last edited:

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Is it really that hard to find someone that can translate from German to English? Practically everyone in Germany understands English, especially anybody under 30 years old. It is an education requirement. I really can't imagine it is that difficult to find someone to pay $500 to $1000 to to translate a few thousand words a month from German to English.

If Bluecat doesn't know any Germans under 30 that received a good grade in their required English classes, I bet if he did a quick Google search, he can find all sorts of people willing to translate for a few pennies a word.

Is this really such a difficult hurdle? Forgive my skepticism, but it sounds iike just another excuse.
If he's having so many people flake I'm assuming he's attempting to hire from people who enjoy adult VNs. Probably a mistake considering horny people are no where near as enthusiastic about doing what they signed up for when no longer horny.

• Haha
Reactions: Skalli and Jarul

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Well, without going any further, with that money the dev can surely pay for some good English classes, it is not as if he needed 7 years of studying English to be able to translate the content of the story, probably 1 year with intensive writing courses for basic english,the hardest thing to learn is speaking it or pronouncing but he doesn't need that so he can skip it and concentrate on writing (yes, will take extra time and it's more work, but it's better,and I say it with knowledge since my native language is Spanish ) this is like any other job if you want to improve you have to invest,you can't stay 2 years waiting for a person to translate :KEK:

Hanfii

Sep 11, 2017

And he can‘t work with anything they‘ve done the past 18 months? I mean there’s supposed to be a few fixes after working that long on it and being almost ready twice.

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018

So is the merge dead and Latecomer off the team? Just for clarity's sake.

rrfh

Jan 14, 2021
Do you know what skipping the merge means for the new mechanics and bug fixes? And are the Profiles still still being temporarily scrapped for later?

Considering they used the past tense for the translator issue, it seems to have been sorted. So whether the lack of translator means this should go on hold or not is redundant at this point.
Asking us about it is pointless anyway. Only the mods and admins of F95 get to decide that, and we already know from a few days ago that they don't feel this game has qualified for On-Hold or Abandoned.

Copy/Paste your latest Week 1 save into the Week 2 save folder, and that should sort it. If not, there isn't much to carry over at this point anyway, so don't worry about it too much.
wait a second, i save all save file on same file not different day sadly

that a reason why my save file is not working?

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
So was he lying?
Also, I've noticed that you're really really really really glossing over the gitlab channel being inactive for a long ass time, what's up with that? Thought Latecomer was busy with the merge.
Actually that quote on him already completing Day22+23, Images, Coding & dialogues from over a year ago.... it means it's done. What else is there? It's probably already coded based off how the old saves worked so literally drag and drop it into the project folder, remove the old days, change a couple lines, and your done. Base on what I did manually merging it this would take me not even 5 minutes, including the time to download the files hahah.

Also, he glossed over the Gitlab channel again.... I don't know how it's setup since I can't see it, but considering 'plan b' would be a seperate build it would be understandable if it's not linked into that system and the current one only represents the merge. There should still be work being done though, so who knows.

If he doesn't know English, who translated that post that was quoted earlier? Does this forum have translation features (never looked) since it's only ever been in English for me and considering he lurks here... if it's English-only then he must somewhat understand it right? I'd wanna know if he wrote that post in English himself now lol. Same for the patreon updates?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
If he doesn't know English, who translated that post that was quoted earlier? Does this forum have translation features (never looked) since it's only ever been in English for me and considering he lurks here... if it's English-only then he must somewhat understand it right? I'd wanna know if he wrote that post in English himself now lol. Same for the patreon updates?
He speaks English, he's just not fluent. At least, that's what I'm getting from my interactions with him and the info we're being given.
He speaks in the Discord chat, but he mostly used emotes.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Bluecat needs to stop leaking announcements through a pr boy and take some responsibility for his game. Blaming what's happened on other people is at best childish. There's no accountability for anything, just pr spins and excuses

And I'll paraphrase what skummy's saying seeing as it's cleverly worded - 'The merge is abandoned, and the future updates are on hold for the foreseeable future until things change'

But as long as they call it 'delayed' with 'setbacks' it'll dodge it the tag. When in reality, those 'setbacks' are the fact that no work is being done

How can work be done with no one able to do the work?

We're not idiots

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Okay, shut up about gitlab for now, we're not gonna focus on it since its not important to what's currently happening and I do not want to get into what's up between Late and Blue. It was important once upon a time, but now only matters between those two.

Answer on merge? Wait and see, like always, answer doesn't change.

Smartmint, he's tried hiring six guys and they all ditch him once he hands them over the script, whether its because they hate it or its too daunting I don't know, but they clearly got spooked by something or just were fuckin lazy. Being that this is AVNs, you can't just grab anyone.

Bluecat can certainly speak english, I said he can't do so fluently like you or I.

MTL is a last resort, its utter shit, no reason to use it unless literally nobody can be found for work-you should always be having a human translate. As it stands its a wait and see again like everything, but if this next one falls through I'm stepping in and finding translators myself. That's basically my answer to that, if Blue's choices fail again I'll try to leverage something together on his behalf. I want this done, you guys want this done, we all want this done so we can have something new to play.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Bluecat needs to stop leaking announcements through a pr boy and take some responsibility for his game. Blaming what's happened on other people is at best childish. There's no accountability for anything, just pr spins and excuses

And I'll paraphrase what skummy's saying seeing as it's cleverly worded - 'The merge is abandoned, and the future updates are on hold for the foreseeable future until things change'

But as long as they call it 'delayed' with 'setbacks' it'll dodge it the tag. When in reality, those 'setbacks' are the fact that no work is being done

How can work be done with no one able to do the work?

We're not idiots
It doesn't matter if that's what he's doing. If what someone said the other day is true, he needs to have content out by April or it's getting tagged as Abandoned. I think that's what happened to the game "Come Inside" and the creator isn't acting like it's abandoned, but the tag is there regardless.

he's tried hiring six guys and they all ditch him once he hands them over the script,
It's a bit too late now, as alot of the damage has been done, but I think knowing this earlier would have done wonders for the court of public opinion. If not this specifically, then details like this. The thing that's really fucked up his reputation is his unwillingness to talk about things behind the scenes. He even gets belligerent when people try to offer feedback. He's his own worst enemy.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Okay, shut up about gitlab for now, we're not gonna focus on it since its not important to what's currently happening and I do not want to get into what's up between Late and Blue. It was important once upon a time, but now only matters between those two.
I dunno about you, but proof of work being done after over a year of nothing to show for it seems pretty important and brushing it aside as 'not important' is an extremely bad look and doesn't represent BlueCat favorably whatsoever, and might put a different light on any other future info you give out on his behalf.

Bluecat can certainly speak english, I said he can't do so fluently like you or I.

MTL is a last resort, its utter shit, no reason to use it unless literally nobody can be found for work-you should always be having a human translate. As it stands its a wait and see again like everything, but if this next one falls through I'm stepping in and finding translators myself. That's basically my answer to that, if Blue's choices fail again I'll try to leverage something together on his behalf. I want this done, you guys want this done, we all want this done so we can have something new to play.
Does he write the patreon reports? If he does, and he wrote that other post quoted here on the previous page than perhaps you should recommend to him that he translates it himself just so he can get it done. I would his English is good enough for him to do it himself this time around and any weirdness can always be fixed up later on when it gets put into the merge. It might require more effort but sometimes you just gotta do it yourself in order to move forward.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes