RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I dunno about you, but proof of work being done after over a year of nothing to show for it seems pretty important and brushing it aside as 'not important' is an extremely bad look and doesn't represent BlueCat favorably whatsoever, and might put a different light on any other future info you give out on his behalf.

Does he write the patreon reports? If he does, and he wrote that other post quoted here on the previous page than perhaps you should recommend to him that he translates it himself just so he can get it done. I would his English is good enough for him to do it himself this time around and any weirdness can always be fixed up later on when it gets put into the merge. It might require more effort but sometimes you just gotta do it yourself in order to move forward.
I assumed Skummy meant that the GitLab was specifically for the merge, so is literally not worth talking about talking about now that we know that it's not being worked on. I could be wrong though.

But yeah, if BC is writing the reports, then they should be able get in in a good enough state for us to understand. Until her gets to the last day of the game and merges them all, all these releases are basically betas. We can handled a half baked translation for now.

I wonder if all these games would be better or worse, if they built the game from the ground up like most mainstream games do, instead of this narratively linear way that Patreon games tend to do it.

Reactions: Dukez

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
Okay, shut up about gitlab for now, we're not gonna focus on it since its not important to what's currently happening and I do not want to get into what's up between Late and Blue. It was important once upon a time, but now only matters between those two.
Well it is important, since it constituted proof that they were still working on some part of the game.

You can be coy about it if you want, but most people can put 2 and 2 together and connect the fact that work has stopped on the merge with the fact that Latecomer seems to be working on a different project at the moment.

a wait and see again
Wait and see what? Another vague patreon post in about 2-3 weeks saying that a solution might have been found and progress is being made towards new content, but it's slow so please have patience you guys I swear it's all gonna work out before June or some bullshit?

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
No no no no. Look you guys are all wrong. Latecomer has not left to work on a different project. Him and Bluecat are just having a lovers spat. See, at the end of 2020 Bluecat asked Latecomer to marry him. Latecomer said yes but there was something lurking in the background, a jealous person named Skummy had a huge secret crush on Bluecat.

At the beginning of 2021, Latecomer came home to find Bluecat in bed with another, therefore Latecomer decided to stall the merge as long as possible. Seeing the opportunity Skummy jumped into the deep end to defend Bluecat with all his might, trying to prove to the masses that he was an honorable man that would never hurt anyone, just to earn Bluecats love and affection and satisfy his secret crush.

Now we are in 2022, Skummy seems to be getting aggravated with the masses asking questions that no one knows the fucking answer to, all he wants is to feel Bluecats arms around him telling him that everything is going to plan and what a great PR guy he is for keeping the masses from saying anything bad about Bluecat and keeping everyone happy with the situation.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
No no no no. Look you guys are all wrong. Latecomer has not left to work on a different project. Him and Bluecat are just having a lovers spat. See, at the end of 2020 Bluecat asked Latecomer to marry him. Latecomer said yes but there was something lurking in the background, a jealous person named Skummy had a huge secret crush on Bluecat.

At the beginning of 2021, Latecomer came home to find Bluecat in bed with another, therefore Latecomer decided to stall the merge as long as possible. Seeing the opportunity Skummy jumped into the deep end to defend Bluecat with all his might, trying to prove to the masses that he was an honorable man that would never hurt anyone, just to earn Bluecats love and affection and satisfy his secret crush.

Now we are in 2022, Skummy seems to be getting aggravated with the masses asking questions that no one knows the fucking answer to, all he wants is to feel Bluecats arms around him telling him that everything is going to plan and what a great PR guy he is for keeping the masses from saying anything bad about Bluecat and keeping everyone happy with the situation.
This sounds like a good start for the next VN game. Someone get on this ASAP!

• Thinking Face
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
To be clear, Gitlab only matters for the merge, nothing else, since we know the merge is stalled out, talking about the stalled out gitlab is stupid. Its the same answer, that shit is broken and needs fixing, when's it gonna be fixed? Who the fuck knows!

Gonna leave any amount of attitude out of this post and just let you guys fester, laters.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I assumed Skummy meant that the GitLab was specifically for the merge, so is literally not worth talking about talking about now that we know that it's not being worked on. I could be wrong though.
Yeah that's true, didn't immediately pick up on that myself and you were right.

Well in other not-news let's have a look at how Mika might've looked being made in HS2 instead of PlayHome.

Face is a bit off shape wise, couldn't get some other things exactly the same either but close enough. I'm pretty sure PlayHome from when i looked at it ages ago gives you like two layers for make up whichas HS2 only had one (hence why no cheek blush.. opted for the eye makeup instead). Dunno if mods let you expand on that otherwise I guess you'd have to make a custom texture to get the same result. Same with different hair lengths? Surprised you couldn't change the length lol.

So, reference image > version 1 > version 2 adjusting skin/makeup colors.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah that's true, didn't immediately pick up on that myself and you were right.

Well in other not-news let's have a look at how Mika might've looked being made in HS2 instead of PlayHome.

Face is a bit off shape wise, couldn't get some other things exactly the same either but close enough. I'm pretty sure PlayHome from when i looked at it ages ago gives you like two layers for make up whichas HS2 only had one (hence why no cheek blush.. opted for the eye makeup instead). Dunno if mods let you expand on that otherwise I guess you'd have to make a custom texture to get the same result. Same with different hair lengths? Surprised you couldn't change the length lol.

So, reference image > version 1 > version 2 adjusting skin/makeup colors.
Looks like someone finally got some food in her. Cute.

While I think his reasoning for choosing PlayHome wasn't great (wanting to stand out from the crowd, I think), I do think it ended up being the better choice in the long run. Mostly due to the sex animations. PlayHome's are much more aggressive, which I think suits Matsu alot more. HS2s seem a bit stiff in comparison, last I checked it out.

That said, it's a shame they can't get someone in to make unique models and animations. All these Illusion based games are starting to blend into one another. It also seems legally precarious, as I doubt Illusion is going to let people profit off their games forever and if Choice of Games/Hosted Games is anything to go by Patreon does count as profiting of something.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020

While I think his reasoning for choosing PlayHome wasn't great (wanting to stand out from the crowd, I think), I do think it ended up being the better choice in the long run. Mostly due to the sex animations. PlayHome's are much more aggressive, which I think suits Matsu alot more. HS2s seem a bit stiff in comparison, last I checked it out.

That said, it's a shame they can't get someone in to make unique models and animations. All these Illusion based games are starting to blend into one another. It also seems legally precarious, as I doubt Illusion is going to let people profit off their games forever and if Choice of Games/Hosted Games is anything to go by Patreon does count as profiting of something.
Haha I did try to thin up her face initially but it looked terrible and was breaking the model so it would've taken a lot longer to get it just right, but eh was enjoyable going through it for the result I got.

I do think the wider community should really be moving over to daz and creating anime/toon models, shaders, animations, etc. Some do exist and you could fit/repurpose things to match your needs but it's the upfront work that is probably why it won't happen until Illusion clamps down again I guess. Probably wouldn't find anything compare to the voices in Illusions game as well unfortunately.

I dunno how anyone uses the Studio in their games.. it's like, so unfriendly to work with compared to game engines. Just moving the camera is more work for no reason lol.

sheetkaroo

Mar 7, 2019
ah, came back after so long, and its still not yet done. kinda sad seeing this game go down. oh well. guess i will stick to AHITR for now.

i don't think it look bad but ES characters have their own charm and that unique look.

Reactions: Bloodguard

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
ah, came back after so long, and its still not yet done. kinda sad seeing this game go down. oh well. guess i will stick to AHITR for now.

i don't think it look bad but ES characters have their own charm and that unique look.
Oh, I do like the look of the characters in this game (most of them anyway). Especially all the buff girls! I just look at games like Radiant, and wonder what this could look like if it had a unique look.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Smartmint, he's tried hiring six guys and they all ditch him once he hands them over the script, whether its because they hate it or its too daunting I don't know, but they clearly got spooked by something or just were fuckin lazy. Being that this is AVNs, you can't just grab anyone.
How much is he willing to pay by word?
An average translator would normally take 0,12 € each word. That is a lot of money for a game with so much text and nearing only 2500 € of pledges each month.
Don't call them spooked or lazy if BC pays them less than that and hands them this big script of Ecchi Sensei.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
How much is he willing to pay by word?
An average translator would normally take 0,12 € for each word. That is a lot of money for a game with so much text and nearing only 2500 € of pledges each month.
Don't call them spooked or lazy if BC pays them less than that and hands them this big script of Ecchi Sensei.
I don't know where you got the 0,12€ per word but if that is what a professional translater charges, I don't think you can apply that for a game like this. I checked the changelog for the last actual game update (day 20+21) and that alone was 110k words so that would be 13k €. The big problem is not getting the script translated the problem is doing it on par or at least close to a native English speaker otherwise even I could do it.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
I don't know where you got the 0,12€ per word but if that is what a professional translater charges, I don't think you can apply that for a game like this. I checked the changelog for the last actual game update (day 20+21) and that alone was 110k words so that would be 13k €. The big problem is not getting the script translated the problem is doing it on par or at least close to a native English speaker otherwise even I could do it.
Just google it dude and don't forget I wrote average.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Though of course you can apply it to a game like this, you could even say someone could charge even more because it is so niche.
110k words is a lot of work and 0,12 € is a reasonable price for German to English and don't forget the time. A professional translator takes around one hour for 250 words. That is only 30 € per hour before taxes and everything else and that is for something that can be hard to translate, because it has so much slang and "spoken" language and of course you could never put that on your résumé.

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
Just google it dude and don't forget I wrote average.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Though of course you can apply it to a game like this, you could even say someone could charge even more because it is so niche.
110k words is a lot of work and 0,12 € is a reasonable price for German to English and don't forget the time. A professional translator takes around one hour for 250 words. That is only 30 € per hour before taxes and everything else and that is for something that can be hard to translate, because it has so much slang and "spoken" language and of course you could never put that on your résumé.
ONLY 30 per our you say. If you know the average salary in Germany is around 25 per our without taxes, than I'm sure that is not just only for many many people.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
ONLY 30 per our you say. If you know the average salary in Germany is around 25 per our without taxes, than I'm sure that is not just only for many many people.
What's your point?
Translators get paid good money, so what?
Don't they earn it?

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
What's your point?
Translators get paid good money, so what?
Shouldn't they earn it?
Not my point, just the fact that you use the word only can be a bit offensive towards the 50% of people who has to do with less. Don't know if you meant it like that.
If they earn it or not is another question i'd rather not answer ;)

Reactions: Parnso

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Not my point, just the fact that you use the word only can be a bit offensive towards the 50% of people who has to do with less. Don't know if you meant it like that.
If they earn it or not is another question i'd rather not answer ;)
Ahh okay, i meant more "only" for such long and mind tiring work. Not "only" for everyone.

Reactions: Black Mamba24
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes