Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
1+ year without any updates. Despite of any lies BC is gonna to tell us - game is technically abandoned.
But F95 rules over that are quite hilarious - as long as dev isn't admit abandoning his game & still online from time to time then mods aren't going to mark game as abandoned. So I guess we will see it still "in development" in 2023 too :)
P.S. I suspect we aren't going to get an update anymore as BC'd lost control over actual game assets&code over LC. That's explain everything (ignoring idea that it's done on purpose to milk supporters).
I think you've confused "technically" with "effectively."

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Hey so I noticed you think you could do better, and that's great, truly, but this project already has an excellent manager attached to it. As well as some stellar coders on Blue's team, who are dedicating their time to making sure they can build a proper game the right way.

As a project manager you should already have realized that its better to take it slow on this stuff, when its the first a company has ever produced, to make sure as many kinks as possible are worked out, for the benefit of the consumer. I happen to be one of those consumers that has watched this evolve from the first days of Blue on his own, to now when he has a proper team of veterans helping him to make an excellent and (hopefully) bug-free game.

While your input is indeed appealing, the fact that you offer only dithering remarks about a semantics point, well it just really rings of an armchair developer. The team is doing fine, we're all okay with how this has been developing because Blue and his coders are actually one of the most consistent, and scandal free creators in the adult game development community. So this is one project where I am most certainly putting my money where my mouth is when I say, not only am I an upper tier supporter of Bluecat, I am as well impressed with the organization skills of the development team.

But hey, just a business cat, though the other game developers, content creators, project managers, and coders who are fellow patrons tend to agree with me. Still you really should become a project manager for lease for smaller developers, fi you can whip more of them into shape that are doing poorly for a bit fo side cash that could be helpful to us all.

Skummy, I just have to ask, not to be an asshole or start a war or being passive aggresive, but I have to ask a serious question. After watching this dumpster fire for the past year, also I was watching this from the first day it appeared on F95, and seeing how you defended Bluecat with every breath and even now you are still defending. If its blind optimism or you truly believe everything he says, don't know, its not important, just wondering. My question: Do you still truly believe, in bold, what you wrote in 2020 or has your views on this team changed to something negative?

May 12, 2021
Yo I’m sure this has been asked and answered but I don’t feel like reading through 800 pages lol, so after playing week 1 do any of the choices matter, like the route choices for himiko and fuyu? Started playing week 8-14 and nothing carried over, so I’m wondering if there’s something I can do to change that or if it just doesn’t matter. Also clicking on the character card only shows characters from the family tab and not everyone you meet in week 1, and the description of the family is for the beginning of day 1. Should it be like this or is a glitch or something? Hopefully someone can reply thanks in advance!

Last edited:

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
whatever they are i could use one right now
We all could...

Yo I’m sure this has been asked and answered but I don’t feel like reading through 800 pages lol, so after playing week 1 do any of the choices matter, like the route choices for himiko and fuyu? Started playing week 8-14 and nothing carried over, so I’m wondering if there’s something I can do to change that or if it just doesn’t matter. Also clicking on the character card only shows characters from the family tab and not everyone you meet in week 1, and the description of the family is for the beginning of day 1. Should it be like this or is a glitch or something? Hopefully someone can reply thanks in advance!
Not yet. It's pretty linear at the moment. I think it's planned to matter more later donw the line, but who knows if they actually follow through on that.

I think the Week 1 characters not appearing is a sign that your save hasn't imported. To do so, copy/paste the save from week 1 into the save file of Week 2, and that should sort it. That said, the character cards are broken anyway, so don't update passed where you left off on Day 7, plus there isn't many choices to carry over, so if you don't want to redo a bunch, don't worry about it.

Personally, I suggest waiting for the merge. It's going to break saves for one, and is supposedly going to fix all the bugs and add some more mechanics. Plus, if you they don't end up releasing it, you haven't wasted your time on a unfinished game

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Well guys I asked in Discord if Plan B was releasing new content without waiting for the merge and bluecat said yes. Hell, I don't know if he was just saying yes or being for real, but there you go.

• Haha
Reactions: Skalli and Jeancul

Raxac

Jul 26, 2017
So plan b is releasing new content, but who is going to do it? Latecomer? who apparently don't want to work on the merge(which I don't believe is true since both of them benefit from current situation) but will happily work on the new update? Seriously? For who is this bullshit written for? Is there actually ppl who read this and like "yeah this make sense"?
So what next? Post by the end of February "sry guys merge didn't work, so I will start to work on the new update, see you in 3 months losers."

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Since my hands are untied, lemme explains:

Late is not gonna do new content, Bluecat needed a different Translator for this, hence the ad he placed previously, the problem is that he's gone through several and they all vanish when the work is meant to begin. Thus he hasn't been able to actually get shit done until he finds someone to actually work for him.

Considering the track record of most of those who work in the AVN community, this is not a surprise in the slightest. For those of you saying Bluecat needs to step up and get content out, he's trying, but there's a language barrier that is non negotiable. Remember, he only speaks german fluently, a translator is a necessity. Doesn't excuse all the other shit, granted.

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
Late is not gonna do new content
Doesn't seem to be doing old content either, seeing as how the gitlab channel's been dead for over three weeks now.

Also, what happened to days 22-23 being completely done and ready for release? With 24-26 being rendered and written, just requiring coding?

Considering the track record of most of those who work in the AVN community, this is not a surprise in the slightest.
Are you including BC in this category?

To sum up, at some point towards the end of 2021, Bluecat decided that if the merge that took over a year to get maybe 50% completed wasn't completed by New Year's day(while also accounting for 2 weeks of holiday); he would go ahead and start releasing new content, while leaving the person who's clearly better at translating than coding to code the merge that he's clearly incapable or unwilling to do and begin searching for a new translator.

This being the same person that was going to organize at least one other sequel to this VN; release mangas and animes in this universe and move to Japan to start a company. My man couldn't organize a gangbang in a fucking brothel.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Given the track record so far, it seems like more excuses to buy time

So the plan right now is to have wasted the past year or so, leave the game 'A buggy mess' with broken features, a 'bad foundation', and no lasting saves - and pretend it never happened

If a new person can even create new content, it means the entire merge has to be scrapped and restarted all over again for the game to even work when it's all put together with the new coding that'll need to be carried over. How is that a plan?

Personally, I think bluecat should reach out to someone like Dukez and see what they do with the merge. He's already shown he can work in his own time. He completed a makeshift merge very quickly and he wasn't even paid or asked to do it, that's the work ethic you need to complete this. Even if he can't figure out every fix and feature, it'd be better than it is now

Bluecat doesn't need a German to English super translator, the dialogue and content is already made. To me, if bluecat hasn't given up already and he is actually trying, he should complete this merge before anything else

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Well guys I asked in Discord if Plan B was releasing new content without waiting for the merge and bluecat said yes. Hell, I don't know if he was just saying yes or being for real, but there you go.
Wonder if he got that idea from here... lol

Since my hands are untied, lemme explains:

Late is not gonna do new content, Bluecat needed a different Translator for this, hence the ad he placed previously, the problem is that he's gone through several and they all vanish when the work is meant to begin. Thus he hasn't been able to actually get shit done until he finds someone to actually work for him.
Won't he also need a programmer if Latecomer isn't working on it at all since he took care of those duties as well? Although I feel it's not that difficult if just standard stuff, maybe phone related things would be harder idk.

Also, what happened to days 22-23 being completely done and ready for release? With 24-26 being rendered and written, just requiring coding?
To bounce off this with what I was saying, if he doesn't need a programmer why hasn't this part been coded yet? Granted a lot of it would be copy paste and adjusting to add in python's coding but it should already be done IMO since even with the plan of redoing the save system it wouldn't take long to go through an existing 'day' code and adjust the old save lines to the new ones. Although I could see the counter argue of it's a waste of time to have to modify it again later, but when you've had nothing to show for a year you may as well of done something so that 'later' would be more efficient with all the perceived free time his had.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul and korg84

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
The other days were never fully done and ready for release, only the renders were ever fully done and ready as Bluecat's main priority is handling art assets and writing. The script is written but needs translated, he can code but its jank as fuck when he does it, so unsure about what he's doing there. Also yes he bites of way more than he can chew and I'll leave it at that, I cannot go too far into a rabbit hole for professional reasons.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
The other days were never fully done and ready for release, only the renders were ever fully done and ready as Bluecat's main priority is handling art assets and writing. The script is written but needs translated, he can code but its jank as fuck when he does it, so unsure about what he's doing there. Also yes he bites of way more than he can chew and I'll leave it at that, I cannot go too far into a rabbit hole for professional reasons.
Thanks for the update skummy. Given the information of the last few posts here, what would probably be best is if BC switched it around so latecomer works on the new content and a competent programmer is hired to work on the merge. Latecomer has proven that he's good at translating but terrible at coding and finding hiring people to code, especially in Ren'Py, is far easier than finding a german translator. Hell, I'm sure there's a ton of coders both in his discord and in this thread that would love to take over the merge. Unfortunately, I doubt if any of us suggested this to him that he would consider it.

Reactions: cavaemon

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
"Bluecat needed a different Translator for this, hence the ad he placed previously, the problem is that he's gone through several and they all vanish when the work is meant to begin. Thus he hasn't been able to actually get shit done until he finds someone to actually work for him."

If BC is such at the mercy of another(s) and is incapable of going forward, doesn't this qualify as the project being "On hold'? and should therefor receive that tag?
Considering both time passed with no progress to date and that patreon income has not stopped from the supporters is an indictment of the shadiness of these new "reasons".
If true, these new excuses are simply platitudes and BC has lost, in my eyes, all integrity and goodwill. And the last of my respect.
Guess I'll finally move on from this Bigfoot expedition with the resignation of seeing something potentially great but finally realizing that is was wishful thinking.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Do you know what skipping the merge means for the new mechanics and bug fixes? And are the Profiles still still being temporarily scrapped for later?

"Bluecat needed a different Translator for this, hence the ad he placed previously, the problem is that he's gone through several and they all vanish when the work is meant to begin. Thus he hasn't been able to actually get shit done until he finds someone to actually work for him."

If BC is such at the mercy of another(s) and is incapable of going forward, doesn't this qualify as the project being "On hold'? and should therefor receive that tag?
Considering both time passed with no progress to date and that patreon income has not stopped from the supporters is an indictment of the shadiness of these new "reasons".
If true, these new excuses are simply platitudes and BC has lost, in my eyes, all integrity and goodwill. And the last of my respect.
Guess I'll finally move on from this Bigfoot expedition with the resignation of seeing something potentially great but finally realizing that is was wishful thinking.
Considering they used the past tense for the translator issue, it seems to have been sorted. So whether the lack of translator means this should go on hold or not is redundant at this point.
Asking us about it is pointless anyway. Only the mods and admins of F95 get to decide that, and we already know from a few days ago that they don't feel this game has qualified for On-Hold or Abandoned.

somebody can explain to me why save file chapter 7 not working on chapter 8?
Copy/Paste your latest Week 1 save into the Week 2 save folder, and that should sort it. If not, there isn't much to carry over at this point anyway, so don't worry about it too much.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Considering they used the past tense for the translator issue, it seems to have been sorted. So whether the lack of translator means this should go on hold or not is redundant at this point.
Actually, the line where Skummy says "Thus he hasn't been able to actually get shit done until he finds someone to actually work for him." seems like it's present tense to me, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something?
As for the tag, I don't know the defining criteria for how it should tagged as such but it was a logical conclusion of mine as to what 'should' be the definition of 'On hold'. Far be it from me to argue the powers that be how their definition seems illogical or not from the outside. Just some ruminations I wanted to vocalize here.

Reactions: Edgar Allan Pog
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes