Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
Anyone got recommendations for similar games in terms of:
- having a lot of content
- no grind
- decent renders,
- not made with RPGM
that are regularly updated or completed?

I enjoyed a game called 'Now & Then' and based on what I remember of Ecchi sensei's MC, the MC of Now & Then was similarly in a position of power (although he was much less rapey and manipulative, which would be preferred) and the game had a massive amount of content and great grammar and writing
Now and Then is one of the best, here's a few others I you might like:

- A House in the Rift (probably the best balance of your criteria)
- Out of Touch (less content, but what's there is excellent)
- Lessons in Love (a little grindier, but updates like clockwork)

Reactions: hotdog10101
Jan 10, 2019
Would anybody actually recommend this game to a total newbie? Is it any good to get a person started in the VN world ;-)

PS: Not just the special, but the main game also?
That depends on your personal tastes and what you want out of a VN. This game excels at having a lot of physical content to chew threw and a large cast of sometimes surprisingly likable characters, but the character designs often times are haunting, it grows on ya but its still jarring and uncanny valley. The MC is also a total "Mary Sue". If you are into power fantasies it will be right up your ally if not it may rub ya the wrong way. Where the games real draw is (for me at least) was in its large verity of kinks that it tailors to, there is just about something here for everyone provided you enjoy primarily hetero content. Their is probably a character here that will appeal to someone and most every broad kink and most general taboo kinks are appealed to in this game if you have the dark mind patch installed. But before you go in, know that it stops suddenly with no real resolution and there is a possibility that there may never be more content. If you accept this then you may find out why so many of us gave a shit about this game in the first place.

Reactions: Eponymous_01

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I came to see if this was abandoned after noticing the folder for it on my SSD hadn't been updated in forever but I see it isn't tagged as such so I start reading to see whats going on and there is a bunch of back-and-forth about how slow the work is and so on and I'm like ok ok, sure.

But then I look closer and it seems like everyone is just talking about merging the weeks together still, is this the case? is there actually no NEW content being talked about here? just the merge of existing content that has taken 8-9 months?
After such time and given the graphics are basic AF, not even having to wait for DAZ renders or whatever I would have thought month 2 would be nearly complete, not still trying to merge month 1.

I guess if you can get away with making no content for $5k/month then why not right?
Not having checked in here for over 6 months i thought I'd take a look, my how far we've come from last time I checked ...lulz

See you in July for the next time I check I guess.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
LOL, you would say that. Skummy, since you like FMK's, heres one for you. I wanna see what you pick.

Fuck, marry, kill. Choose your answers.

Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, Nemo from Finding Nemo, Donkey from Shrek.
Skummy's FMKs actually kept us on topic though, and attempted steer the conversation into a more positive direction about having us talk about our favourite girls. Your ones are just kinda chaotic and random, and don't include anyone that anyone is going to want to fuck or marry, at least at won't admit to it.

I'm all for you taking over the daily questions from Skummy, now that he's laying low, but you gotta step up your game.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Skummy's FMKs actually kept us on topic though, and attempted steer the conversation into a more positive direction about having us talk about our favourite girls. Your ones are just kinda chaotic and random, and don't include anyone that anyone is going to want to fuck or marry, at least at won't admit to it.

I'm all for you taking over the daily questions from Skummy, now that he's laying low, but you gotta step up your game.
Fine. I'll be more down to earth. Fuck marry kill. Rando, you pick.

Khloe Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian. Who would you pick to fuck marry kill out of these three Rando?

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
How the hell this dead game threat's thriving still?! More fights and banters on convos than content out of 7 pages short from 900. I'm almost sure that BlueCat spends his 1,5 years plus just reading through this abomination in incognito :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Such a joke.
I'm guessing the mods have given up on this

It would help if they tagged the game properly, but I guess the next patreon post that says a lot of waffle and no substance will stop that from happening for another year or two

Mahony

Jun 2, 2017
I'm guessing the mods have given up on this

It would help if they tagged the game properly, but I guess the next patreon post that says a lot of waffle and no substance will stop that from happening for another year or two
Mods are probably sick shit of this too, Blue Cat nearly times his "updates" on patreon to the hour so that the game doesn't get classed as abandoned.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul
Jan 10, 2019
It's getting an update soon! Scummy says it, so it must be true! That guy never ever lies! :LOL: :poop:;)
Sigh... gonna have to step in to defend skummy here, I have been lurking in this thread watching and not saying much for about 2 years. Seen and read a lot. Skummy is...not a great PR guy. He tried his dandiest to keep us positive and give us info, and props to him for stepping in front of this garbage fire, but he was also extremely passive aggressive and at times very antagonistic which is a really big no no in PR land and makes me wonder if he was professionally trained. Didn't help matters at all and it's a bad look for the game. Most everything he has said has failed to come to pass but I would not call him a liar. I think he did his job to cover for BCs BS and ultimately had his chain jerked around just as hard as the rest of us. He was given vague ass info and promises to give to us and that info turned to ash. His entire job is to try to keep the community from imploding in negativity, and he is the one left holding the mob at bay when the promises amount to noting. The real issue here was, is, and always has been BCs inability to deliver content for and general refusal to be transparent to development or expenditures for what is essentially a community funded game. Well past the point of absurdity tbh.

Stay on target and lets not waste time shooting messengers. though I agree with the general sentiment here to return to focus.

If we really want to help matters, continue to demand accountability but also try your best to stay on track and celebrate the game for its positives. if we succumb to cynicism and aimless anger then the game is as good as dead anyways regardless of if development is actually happening or not.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Sigh... gonna have to step in to defend skummy here, I have been lurking in this thread watching and not saying much for about 2 years. Seen and read a lot. Skummy is...not a great PR guy. He tried his dandiest to keep us positive and give us info, and props to him for stepping in front of this garbage fire, but he was also extremely passive aggressive and at times very antagonistic which is a really big no no in PR land and makes me wonder if he was professionally trained. Didn't help matters at all and it's a bad look for the game. Most everything he has said has failed to come to pass but I would not call him a liar. I think he did his job to cover for BCs BS and ultimately had his chain jerked around just as hard as the rest of us. He was given vague ass info and promises to give to us and that info turned to ash. His entire job is to try to keep the community from imploding in negativity, and he is the one left holding the mob at bay when the promises amount to noting. The real issue here was, is, and always has been BCs inability to deliver content for and general refusal to be transparent to development or expenditures for what is essentially a community funded game. Well past the point of absurdity tbh.

Stay on target and lets not waste time shooting messengers. though I agree with the general sentiment here to return to focus.

If we really want to help matters, continue to demand accountability but also try your best to stay on track and celebrate the game for its positives. if we succumb to cynicism and aimless anger then the game is as good as dead anyways regardless of if development is actually happening or not.
I'm not professionally trained no, I'm just vaguely aware of a strategy of pacification and in failing that, becoming a shield toward the developer. I fully accept that I would get shit on for it. I am a cunt and willing to fight, but I did honestly make efforts to be nicer about it but when pressure rose, I dropped it again. I enjoy the defense, and respect you standing up to at least protect my credibility even if my technique was fucking horrid. I'll be blunt, I'm just a really big fan who took on a job that I was not qualified for all on my own and impressed it upon my friend.

I made it better, and worse, at the same time lol.

All that being said, when I'm not picking fights I be generally nicer. Realistically I don't wanna get banned, so I just walked away, and only peek out in times like right now to acknowledge stuff. I am the worst PR guy though. I'm too much of a belligerent when it comes to conflicts, and I'm willing to throw myself in the scrum rather than stay objective.

Now, after all of that, who wants to have some questions to get us back in the swing of things?

If given the chance, would you make Ecchi Sensei far darker? Would you have rathered the older build before Day 3 rework where it was more about trying to juggle everything in a more broad situation? Do you like the kind of on the rails situation it has developed into or would it be nice if in the future it broadens out again? If you could, would you change Matsu? Would you try to bring him down a peg from mary sue to having to answer to consequences?

Would you prefer Ecchi Sensei be different than what it is now? And don't be cheeky about the delays, I mean the game itself not the shit surrounding its development.

Stay Lurking, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Jan 10, 2019
If given the chance, would you make Ecchi Sensei far darker? Would you have rathered the older build before Day 3 rework where it was more about trying to juggle everything in a more broad situation? Do you like the kind of on the rails situation it has developed into or would it be nice if in the future it broadens out again? If you could, would you change Matsu? Would you try to bring him down a peg from mary sue to having to answer to consequences?

Would you prefer Ecchi Sensei be different than what it is now? And don't be cheeky about the delays, I mean the game itself not the shit surrounding its development.
I think one of ES's strengths is a balance between light hearted wholesomeness and darker content largely left up to the players choice its a difficult road but straddling this line is the best way to appeal to the varied and at times conflicting tastes of the community and going too far one way or the other would diminish one of the games strengths.

I kind of like the idea of juggling everything but i hate the idea of missing out on content so admittedly I intentionally used a mod to give myself false choices and just did all the content anyways so I guess you can say id like it to actually be a bit more on rails so i don't miss time with my fav girls or lock myself out of relationship paths just because I went right instead of left at the street. but i still like the illusion I am making decisions and trying to juggle things.

I do not feel ES should go broad or sand box in its systems, I know that idea was floated around at one point I think time for that has past and ES should maintain its more structured and railroaded story while taking the players choices into account as best s BC can deliver.

I personally don't mind Matsu being overpowered I think its part of the DNA of the game, the time to really change this was a while ago tbh. I would like to see some stark consequences to his actions at some point and I would like to see him get outmaneuvered or beaten once or twice for tension sake provided its done well and you don't have some rando beating him just because, but at this point Matsu is what he is and I would expect him to continue to be so, its part of the power fantasy. if this is to be changed it will need to be done with great care narratively.

as for wanting it to be different then it is now? though newer and better VNs have come along ES is special in its own right maybe that's just nostalgia talking but i really don't want to see dramatic changes in its structure or systems all i really want at the end of the day is a basic merger even if its a bit of a hack job like what dukes did, a continuation of the kind of content we have already received. more of a look into Matsu's messed up backstory, my dark taboo interests tritylated, and more fun wholesome and ecchi adventures with my waifu's and to continue on helping people and saving the day in Matsu's increasingly unbelievable and zany life.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
I think one of ES's strengths is a balance between light hearted wholesomeness and darker content largely left up to the players choice its a difficult road but straddling this line is the best way to appeal to the varied and at times conflicting tastes of the community and going too far one way or the other would diminish one of the games strengths.

I kind of like the idea of juggling everything but i hate the idea of missing out on content so admittedly I intentionally used a mod to give myself false choices and just did all the content anyways so I guess you can say id like it to actually be a bit more on rails so i don't miss time with my fav girls or lock myself out of relationship paths just because I went right instead of left at the street. but i still like the illusion I am making decisions and trying to juggle things.

I do not feel ES should go broad or sand box in its systems, I know that idea was floated around at one point I think time for that has past and ES should maintain its more structured and railroaded story while taking the players choices into account as best s BC can deliver.

I personally don't mind Matsu being overpowered I think its part of the DNA of the game, the time to really change this was a while ago tbh. I would like to see some stark consequences to his actions at some point and I would like to see him get outmaneuvered or beaten once or twice for tension sake provided its done well and you don't have some rando beating him just because, but at this point Matsu is what he is and I would expect him to continue to be so, its part of the power fantasy. if this is to be changed it will need to be done with great care narratively.

as for wanting it to be different then it is now? though newer and better VNs have come along ES is special in its own right maybe that's just nostalgia talking but i really don't want to see dramatic changes in its structure or systems all i really want at the end of the day is a basic merger even if its a bit of a hack job like what dukes did, a continuation of the kind of content we have already received. more of a look into Matsu's messed up backstory, my dark taboo interests tritylated, and more fun wholesome and ecchi adventures with my waifu's and to continue on helping people and saving the day in Matsu's increasingly unbelievable and zany life.
Agreed on a lot of points.
The unique vibe is, imo, why the game was/is popular. The mix of super f’ed up ‘being groomed by your mother/raping your sister/you wife being raped by her father/you raping/brainwashing students’ with the sweet/wholesome/vanilla family content makes it what it is. Played many worse and quite a few better VNs but none give me the same feeling as this one so as far as major changes to it’s style I’d be wholeheartedly against it.
Matsu being OP is part of that vibe but it’d be nice to see some more trials/tribulations-maybe even a tournament of some kind in the future like the kumite or something, a flashback showing how he got his nickname would work, too. Consequences would also be good as long as they don’t come back on the girls. Also speaking of consequences it’d be nice if the wife’s dad saw some for raping her-even as a flashback.

I’m contrary as far as on-the-rails/off goes because I want the options to choose different stuff but will inevitably use a mod to see/be on all paths.

me130

Dec 11, 2017
I'm not professionally trained no, I'm just vaguely aware of a strategy of pacification and in failing that, becoming a shield toward the developer. I fully accept that I would get shit on for it. I am a cunt and willing to fight, but I did honestly make efforts to be nicer about it but when pressure rose, I dropped it again
I appreciate what you're trying to do man. But I'll be honest as a programmer what you and Bluecat say looks straight out of a NFT company running a scam.

Merge taking this long that too with renpy is an impossibility. It's one of the most simple game engines there is, literally peoplw who have no experience coding are comfortable with writing code in this engine. The stuff with save files... It's literally taking the variables/game state and storing it in a file. Again extremely simple to write a rudimentary version of it. Now this issue with translators looking at it and running away I can at least accept because the dark path is something most people would avoid.

Again maybe you are being duped/misled by the programmer as you're not a coder yourself. A simple unren can extract code from most of the renpy games, there's 0 reason to hide it. I have no clue but you continuously keep saying I see the code but can't show it etc. and that just annoys people even more as it is your word which has been proven for 1 year to never come to fruition.

So overall all I see is empty promises and a man claiming that guys I have seen it all but cannot show any of it. And then there are posts which are meant to keep people on topic.

... On topic of a game which last released 2 years ago. What do you want us to discuss? This isn't A song of Ice and Fire where there is insane world building and numerous hints of what might happen to each character. All these discussions are meaningless if there is no update on the horizon. Better keep silent and let the thread die down rather than fan the flames.

Give me a snipped of the code changed in the last commit in github and I'll shut my mouth and won't call you out ever again it it looks legit.

Jan 10, 2019
I’m contrary as far as on-the-rails/off goes because I want the options to choose different stuff but will inevitably use a mod to see/be on all paths.
I feel like agreeing with you would feel too self-congratulatory so let me expand on this idea you stated a little more, as I am apparently not the only one who does or intends to use a mod to eventually see all the content in a single playthrough, this might be a simple and easy option that can be placed in a future update of the game that could receive positive reception, a in-built option to disable the branching paths and play all paths with their flags intact similar to the existing mod that is out there, that would be a selectable "cheat" option for those that wish it in the options menu it would be nice if "dark mind" is the same way but its easy to understand how that could be a problem.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes