Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I'm not professionally trained no, I'm just vaguely aware of a strategy of pacification and in failing that, becoming a shield toward the developer. I fully accept that I would get shit on for it.
Skummy, I appreciate all your efforts. I am sure you aren't getting paid enough, if at all, to have to take the heat for Bluecat.

But, let's be honest. Absolutely nothing you have said to us has come true. It's not your fault, because you are just the messenger. If Bluecat is feeding you a load of BS and doesn't deliver, any blame sits solely with him.

Don't take offense, it's nothing personal. But can you point to a single thing that you have said in the last year that didn't turn out to be completely false?

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Don't take offense, it's nothing personal. But can you point to a single thing that you have said in the last year that didn't turn out to be completely false?
Well, so far this quote he said in October has been true so far.

This merge will be out this year, by which I mean at least a testers version and thus a pirated copy I'm sure, if it isn't that's probably the end of this game most certainly.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Skummy, I appreciate all your efforts. I am sure you aren't getting paid enough, if at all, to have to take the heat for Bluecat.

But, let's be honest. Absolutely nothing you have said to us has come true. It's not your fault, because you are just the messenger. If Bluecat is feeding you a load of BS and doesn't deliver, any blame sits solely with him.

Bluecat is lurking here and watching people take out their frustration on Skummy too. He could easily step-in and provide info himself, instead of letting Skummy be the sacrificial lamb.
1645765229340.png

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Seriously, you should be given the title "Ecchi Sensei Chronicler". Nothing evades your keen sight. Neither lies, deception, nor double entendre. Fuckin' Legend mate! :ROFLMAO:
Funny thing is most days I could not give a crap less about anything. Just wake up, do my thing, go to sleep. Since this development has become shrouded in lies and deceit, it gave me something to do, and hey, if I'm gonna expose lies I might as well give it the old college try.

Aye Dukes and Octosky have done a lot to keep me grounded and really helped compile my thoughts on this project there efforts in holding to accountability raising questions that need to be answered and compiling indexable information to keep it from being memory holed are invaluable.
I've raised a lot of questions that need answered but Skummy has me on his ignore list or he is just ignoring me. All questions I ask get ignored by him. Figures though, if you are being deceitful or lying, who is the one you ignore? The one throwing the proof in your face.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
It's getting an update soon! Scummy says it, so it must be true! That guy never ever lies! :LOL: :poop:;)
Circa Jan. 2021.

Most everything he has said has failed to come to pass but I would not call him a liar.
Says things he knows aren't factually correct .... but isn't a liar, what?

He could easily step-in and provide info himself
Doing work isn't really his style, he's more of a do nothing and get paid for it kinda guy.

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
If given the chance, would you make Ecchi Sensei far darker? Would you have rathered the older build before Day 3 rework where it was more about trying to juggle everything in a more broad situation? Do you like the kind of on the rails situation it has developed into or would it be nice if in the future it broadens out again? If you could, would you change Matsu? Would you try to bring him down a peg from mary sue to having to answer to consequences?

Would you prefer Ecchi Sensei be different than what it is now?
I think I would like it to get darker, there's a few paths it could go and I'm sure one of those would get it kicked off this site lol but broadly speaking as a 'patch' user there is many times you get to a point that's "continue or skip" choices effectively. Even beyond these patch-specific scenarios I would just like to see more branching paths and options in how you go forward with something. Be it like cutesy/angry/etc little replies that make the characters respond differently but has no overall bearing on the story outside that moment or more scene options that defines the relationship with said character and future interactions (e.g willing gives you a HJ, or you forcefully use her hand to do so).

I'd just like to see more options since that was what was orginally supposed to happen yeah? Isn't the game supposed to end up with like 50 different endings or some shit lol. This would also make it a save management hell but I think a good save system would get around this, and not a "save name" thing (I actually dislike this in games make it more annoying IMO) I wish they just had tabs for saves on the side of the usual screen. E.g saves a tab (1-infinite), b tab (1-infinite) etc.

Aye Dukes and Octosky have done a lot to keep me grounded and really helped compile my thoughts on this project there efforts in holding to accountability raising questions that need to be answered and compiling indexable information to keep it from being memory holed are invaluable.
Recent years has made me question what devs say more since what they say or think often doesn't line up with reality and a specific game (not this or here) really tilted me on it a few years ago. These days though I just find it thoroughly entertaining to read into lol.

possibly being banned for biting at him
Genuinely curious as to why you would get banned replying to someone if it's on topic which as far as I can tell is. Perhaps you feel you might come across too aggressive/nasty or go off on a tangent I suppose?(lol I have a bad habit on this sometimes) I would just recommend writing what you want but editing it and toning it down to get the point across in such a scenario before posting it.

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

Weatherholt

Jul 18, 2017
Christ, still no update?

The last physical update that players could actually touch was in October 2020.

I certainly wish I could get paid 45k+ to NOT make a fucking game.

No, "the github updates" doesn't count. You aren't doing anything if we can't actually see the updates at some point.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
No, "the github updates" doesn't count. You aren't doing anything if we can't actually see the updates at some point.
You mean like the devs that have a percentage on their patreon showing how much is done and left? Or the ones that have a graph showing how much renders are done/left, how much code is done/left, etc etc? Or the ones that release teasers or renders each week? Or the ones that don't do any of these but still tell you the number of total renders they have done? Maybe, just maybe, Bluecat is not aware that you can do any of these things.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Now, after all of that, who wants to have some questions to get us back in the swing of things?

If given the chance, would you make Ecchi Sensei far darker? Would you have rathered the older build before Day 3 rework where it was more about trying to juggle everything in a more broad situation? Do you like the kind of on the rails situation it has developed into or would it be nice if in the future it broadens out again? If you could, would you change Matsu? Would you try to bring him down a peg from mary sue to having to answer to consequences?

Would you prefer Ecchi Sensei be different than what it is now? And don't be cheeky about the delays, I mean the game itself not the shit surrounding its development.

Stay Lurking, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
Yes and no. I'd have it play more like Radiant, with a more compassionate route, and a more sadistic route represent Matsu succeeding or failing to keep his darker impulses in check. Taking dark options will unlock dark options down the line, and the same with more wholesome actions. And it would lock you out of the opposite options down the line as well as well, as it effects Matsu's personality.

For example, say Matsu has been taking advantage of Crazy Nurse's victims, that would have an impact on Matsu's psyche so when he loses control with Saki in week 2, he doesn't stop himself in time.

That would result in massive branches though. Might have to drop a bunch of characters in order to keep on top of it, with half of those that remain probably being locked behind a particular route.

Jan 10, 2019
Yes and no. I'd have it play more like Radiant, with a more compassionate route, and a more sadistic route represent Matsu succeeding or failing to keep his darker impulses in check. Taking dark options will unlock dark options down the line, and the same with more wholesome actions. And it would lock you out of the opposite options down the line as well as well, as it effects Matsu's personality.

For example, say Matsu has been taking advantage of Crazy Nurse's victims, that would have an impact on Matsu's psyche so when he loses control with Saki in week 2, he doesn't stop himself in time.

That would result in massive branches though. Might have to drop a bunch of characters in order to keep on top of it, with half of those that remain probably being locked behind a particular route.
This is very much what I am afraid of if we increase the complexity and one of the reasons i am advocating for just delivering more of the same.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
TLDR; there's no realistic way for this mess of a character list to have multiple paths. If there's any hope of continuing the game they need to consolidate and stop adding branches/characters.. at least until they get back to somewhat steady progression, if it ever happens.
What do you mean? There are still 344 days left of this game. That's about 27 million words(conservatively), surely that means all of the 36(so far) characters will have a decently sized story arc spanning the entirety of said 344 days evenly.

Edit:

To put this in perspective, Stephen King-one of the most prolific writers in existence- has had less than 20 million words published, over the course of his decades-spanning career.

Last edited:

Haspes

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2019
Merge taking this long that too with renpy is an impossibility. It's one of the most simple game engines there is, literally peoplw who have no experience coding are comfortable with writing code in this engine. Again extremely simple to write a rudimentary version of it.
Your not entirely accurate on this. Look up a project called "wife trainer".

The Dev decided to move from 1 engine to Renpy and it took him almost 2 years IIRC to get an initial test version that was buggy as fuck out to people.

-----------------------
The below isn't part of my reply, the above was just pointing out that you can't tell people how quickly things get completed based on YOUR views and opinions.

I do happen to agree that bluecat is a fucking troll, and doing some shady shit. I do not think that people should be crusifying Scummy though. Not going to go into why, at least not any deeper than pointing out that the vast majority of people on this site are entitled trolls, assholes, whiner babies, morons from the MEMEMEME generation, and children that have yet to learn emotional maturity or accountability for their actions and words..... Oh, shit. My bad guess I will go into what I dislike about this community, or at least some bits of it.

We'll just not talk about the mod's who like to abuse people with views and opinions that aren't popular, people who dislike the "popular" kinks and fetishes, and work to actively remove reviews that don't fit with what the mods want to be seen on their favorite projects.....

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

Weatherholt

Jul 18, 2017
You mean like the devs that have a percentage on their patreon showing how much is done and left? Or the ones that have a graph showing how much renders are done/left, how much code is done/left, etc etc? Or the ones that release teasers or renders each week? Or the ones that don't do any of these but still tell you the number of total renders they have done? Maybe, just maybe, Bluecat is not aware that you can do any of these things.
I honestly wouldn't even be mad if we got any of these things.

Concept art.
Short stories with the characters. (you don't even have to animate those. literally short stories.)

literally anything.

"Sorry, guys, it's coming" once every like 2-3 months absolutely isn't worth paying to a patreon for a year and a half to see nothing.

The man's crowdfunded over 45k to not release anything to the public and it boggles my mind how he hasn't lost his entire platform yet. The only game worse than this at the moment is Yandere Sim.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021

The Dev decided to move from 1 engine to Renpy and it took him almost 2 years IIRC to get an initial test version that was buggy as fuck out to people.

-----------------------
The below isn't part of my reply, the above was just pointing out that you can't tell people how quickly things get completed based on YOUR views and opinions.

I do happen to agree that bluecat is a fucking troll, and doing some shady shit. I do not think that people should be crusifying Scummy though. Not going to go into why, at least not any deeper than pointing out that the vast majority of people on this site are entitled trolls, assholes, whiner babies, morons from the MEMEMEME generation, and children that have yet to learn emotional maturity or accountability for their actions and words..... Oh, shit. My bad guess I will go into what I dislike about this community, or at least some bits of it.

We'll just not talk about the mod's who like to abuse people with views and opinions that aren't popular, people who dislike the "popular" kinks and fetishes, and work to actively remove reviews that don't fit with what the mods want to be seen on their favorite projects.....
Ren'py is made to be as easy and usable as possible. One developer failing to use it properly doesn't mean it's a common theme. As for skummy, it's best to ignore to PR rep. He's here to get peoples attention, so people aren't pissed off with bluecat. It's blatantly obvious at this point that bluecat is a scammer anyway

And if you don't like this website then don't it. Having a strange rant at the people that use it, and getting triggered about the mods, isn't something anyone here can help you with

me130

Dec 11, 2017

Sure I don't mind the the long wait, nor do I say impossible without proof. Dukez completed the merge in what a day or something, again not exactly the merge Bluecat would have in mind but it's been shown that a rudimentory version can be done with very less time. Give us the proof of what work is being done and I don't care about anything else.

As for Skummy, he refuses to answer any questions we ask about the technical stuff. All he has to do is forward some of them to Bluecat and get the answers to us. But he doesn't do it. So either he's ignoring the questions or Bluecat ignores his questions (Which he doesn't inform us about). So either way he is also culpable here.

Even the game you mentioned is a sandbox. This game is a simple choice based VN. Very different things.

As for the mods, I have no clue what they did or do except keep things on topic. But I see them doing work, I see uploaders here doing work; so I give them the benefit of doubt. Just as I would to Skummy if he actually answered any questions any technical person asked instead of just literally being a mouthpiece and defending his 'Character' or Bluecat if he give us proof of work being done.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes