jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I don't think anyone is mad or hating on BC, at least not anymore. This game has been MIA for the past 2 years, we're well past the stages of grief and anger.

At this point this thread is just for cheap entertainment and jokes. To see what BC's next excuse is. Translation? Code? Monitor breaking? And to pick on Skummy when he tries to spin it.

The game itself is rarely discussed anymore. Because there isn't anything to discuss.

I think, at this point, people who still defend BC are either in denial or true believers. This situation, at it's most benign, is massive incompetence to the point that it pushes the boundary of believability.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
To all of the Negative folks in this thread all i have to say is this. It seems you all have given up on this VN. So why stay here and continue to spread the hate? Move on to other things and be happy.Or are your lives that boring that you have to come on to an internet forum and spread hate?
Well, I can only speak for myself, but while I have been pretty critical of Bluecat's approach to game development, starting with his months of radio silence about 18 months ago when he claimed the merge was almost complete, I wouldn't characterize anything I have said as "hate". Nor have I seen it from other people. Frustration, yes, but it is certainly warranted. Hate itself is a pretty strong word, usually reserved for people that have wronged you personally, if even then. I know lots of people like to dismiss any criticism as "haters", but really, as you have seen yourself, all those you are accusing of "spreading hate", starting over a year ago when we were skeptical of Bluecat's nonsensical excuses, have been proven to be right all along.

I don't know why all the fans think that the F95 forums have to be love-fests for the devs. I think we should all try to be respectful, especially towards devs that are actually involved in the community, but I don't think Bluecat, who can never answer a straight question about anything involving the game to save his life, deserves a whole lot of deference here.

And like Dukez and Jamdan said, its somewhat entertaining for some of us, me included, to come by here regularly just to see what people are posting now, and give my own take from time to time. I find the whole situation entertaining in a twisted way. It's not like I wake up each morning cursing Bluecat's name, now that would be weird.

Those who are bored of others or my own critical comments are free to use the ignore button. Maybe there is something wrong with all of us for giving a shit one way or the other, but so be it. Everyone has to have a hobby. It sure beats golf, haha.

Last edited:

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
Zamn this is tough, rest in peace ecchi sensei. I really liked this game even though the renders weren't state of the art or anything. It was probably my favorite of all time. Maybe one day it'll come back and Ill be overwhelmed by a sudden punch of dopamine.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Fair question. Because you're someone who can't be accused of being a hater, and what you said spoke to the nature of the ES discord community.
Ah, I see. Fair enough. For what it's worth, there are people in the Discord who will poke at the devs, and joke at their expense regarding the delay, so they're not all drinking the koolaid. My issues tend to come from Blue himself. He gets all defensive if you manage to get an answer out of him.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I am or was a Mod or something on his discord.

I was responding to the person that mentions someone else saying certain channels that have never been there to my knowledge had been deleted nothing more.
Personally I am more amused by the fact that you think you're a mod or "something" but don't really know. Not sure how that's possible, you either are or you aren't - made-up roles are not real roles. Unless you're saying you haven't been on discord / looked at their channel in a while I suppose but that would be in conflict with the discord posts above potentially. Could be you're confusing some paid patreon roles that BlueCat probably has on discord but I highly doubt they are mod roles.

I've thought about jumping in the discord myself some times but it would be wasted effort since nothing would change, and it's not like BlueCat would answer any of my questions anyway. He should just take my merge and release it as an alpha or fix up the minor bugs and do it as a full release, heh. At this point replaying the game whenever (if) it comes out isn't too bad since forgotten half or more of the game anyway but they also really should've made a save game converter from the old one into the new one rather than forcing people to replay it. If there's websites that can read, edit & re-save renpy save game files then there would surely be a way to do this either in the game itself or a separate script you run.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I've thought about jumping in the discord myself some times but it would be wasted effort since nothing would change, and it's not like BlueCat would answer any of my questions anyway. He should just take my merge and release it as an alpha or fix up the minor bugs and do it as a full release, heh. At this point replaying the game whenever (if) it comes out isn't too bad since forgotten half or more of the game anyway but they also really should've made a save game converter from the old one into the new one rather than forcing people to replay it. If there's websites that can read, edit & re-save renpy save game files then there would surely be a way to do this either in the game itself or a separate script you run.
Again, your merge only deals with the actual merging and not all that problems that necessitated a merge in the first place. It's nice to have, but it's not a solution to the current problem.. I'm also not sure that's legal.

You don't even need a save converter. Just have an optional in-game questionnaire to determine choices and carry those into the next game. There aren't many yet, so it shouldn't overly complex.

Reactions: Skalli
Nov 13, 2019
Again, your merge only deals with the actual merging and not all that problems that necessitated a merge in the first place. It's nice to have, but it's not a solution to the current problem.. I'm also not sure that's legal.

You don't even need a save converter. Just have an optional in-game questionnaire to determine choices and carry those into the next game. There aren't many yet, so it shouldn't overly complex.
Didn't one of the dragon age games do something like that for determining world states?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Didn't one of the dragon age games do something like that for determining world states?
Sort of. The Dragon Age Keep is a website that lets you establish all your choices, then you can export it your game via the cloud. Mass Effect Andromeda has it's own too, but I doubt we'll get to actually use that one.
For this though, BlueCat can just add a little questionnaire at the beginning of a New Game that doesn't import a save, and have less than 10 questions. There aren't exactly many actual choices. I can think of two. Triggering Fuyu's Dark Path, and making Aki submissive. is there any others?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
There aren't exactly many actual choices. I can think of two. Triggering Fuyu's Dark Path, and making Aki submissive. is there any others?
There are actually loads of variables though. And sorry to be that guy who quotes himself but

I'm not making a case for complexity here, but for example there are the character routes with Fuyu and Himiko, how you handle Christa's secret, whether or not to indulge Nanami's fetish, whether or not you visit Satomi in the club, etc.

In fact, given that they currently track choices with variables like d1d1 (ie. day 1 decision 1), it's easy to find that in D10_11.rpy for example there are over 20 references to previous days' decisions.* Even if the implications are minor or even trivial, they're being used regardless.

* Full disclosure, that seems to be an outlier but it happened to be the first I checked.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
There are actually loads of variables though. And sorry to be that guy who quotes himself but
Since most are fairly minor decisions that just tweak dialogue it would be fine (at least for now) to do the questionaire for only the major decisions that decide things like routes and have a default for the other decisions. Because of how renpy works, anyone who cares enough can just modify the default values themselves to get all their decisions in. Hell, there would probably be a mod that lets you do so in-game. An especially motivated mod might actually be able to find a way to transfer the saves, though I wouldn't say that's super likely.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
So what specifically would you include in a questionnaire and what specifically would you leave out?
I'm ore interested in what you would leave out, personally, and what should be included feels obvious to me.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
And why would i listen to a bunch of folks who probably never paid a cent to this VN.
I never understand why people run to this excuse when they are being targeted. This is one of those stupid excuses that makes the individual feel like their argument has better merits.

So, since I didn't give Bluecat money I can't say anything about him doing jack shit for 2 years and the only thing we hear is that every 3 months there is a new problem causing months of delays.

Remember this folks. If you DO NOT give money to something, you can NOT say anything about it.
Did the presidential candidate you vote for win? If not, than shut your trap about the one that won.
Did you ever buy a Honda? If not, you can't complain about bad drivers in Hondas.
Did you watch sports on tv without giving them money and they lost the game? If you did I'll give you this bag full of shhh. No noise from you.
Ever been pulled over by a cop? Well, just give him/her some money so can you start complaining.
Next time you are stuck in gridlock traffic just give each driver some money so you can complain.
Trip over the sidewalk and rip your new jeans? Give that sidewalk some love with a $20 complaint.
Constipated? Shove a dollar up there and start complaining.
Lose your wallet? Uh-oh, better search the couch cushions to find some coins. You wanna let those complaints out.

Someone will probably complain about what I wrote. Well, just PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send the money otherwise you can't complain.

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
I never understand why people run to this excuse when they are being targeted. This is one of those stupid excuses that makes the individual feel like their argument has better merits.

So, since I didn't give Bluecat money I can't say anything about him doing jack shit for 2 years and the only thing we hear is that every 3 months there is a new problem causing months of delays.

Remember this folks. If you DO NOT give money to something, you can NOT say anything about it.
Did the presidential candidate you vote for win? If not, than shut your trap about the one that won.
Did you ever buy a Honda? If not, you can't complain about bad drivers in Hondas.
Did you watch sports on tv without giving them money and they lost the game? If you did I'll give you this bag full of shhh. No noise from you.
Ever been pulled over by a cop? Well, just give him/her some money so can you start complaining.
Next time you are stuck in gridlock traffic just give each driver some money so you can complain.
Trip over the sidewalk and rip your new jeans? Give that sidewalk some love with a $20 complaint.
Constipated? Shove a dollar up there and start complaining.
Lose your wallet? Uh-oh, better search the couch cushions to find some coins. You wanna let those complaints out.

Someone will probably complain about what I wrote. Well, just PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send the money otherwise you can't complain.
Its the typical buyers remorse cope you see from people who can't admit that they might have spend their money on something subpar.

You see the same a lot in gaming where people get really angry and start spouting similar shit when they bought a garbage game that is getting dragged by everybody.

Personally i don't support any games due to my immense disgust towards patreon and to use patreon i need to use paypal which i despise even more.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
It's amazing what can remind you of games that'll never be completed that you've mostly forgotten about. I was making some paninis earlier and 'panini vampire' popped into my head. Then I had to spend like 5 minutes trying to remember where the hell 'panini vampire' came from lol

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes