hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
So, since I didn't give Bluecat money I can't say anything about him doing jack shit for 2 years and the only thing we hear is that every 3 months there is a new problem causing months of delays.

<snip ridiculous list of bad examples>
Anyone can complain about anything, but if you aren't supporting the game financially, I don't know why you'd expect the developer to listen to you, and then what is the point in complaining?

(Obligatory for the record, because I am sure I will be called a BC fanboy or something: I was a low-level Patron of BC although I dropped my support long ago, and I am in no way defending him - I think he is incompetent at best, scamming people at worst, and he would never get any more support from me in the future. This entire thing has been a disaster and he bears the blame - but since I stopped giving him money years back I wouldn't expect him to care about my opinion.)

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
Anyone can complain about anything, but if you aren't supporting the game financially, I don't know why you'd expect the developer to listen to you, and then what is the point in complaining?

(Obligatory for the record, because I am sure I will be called a BC fanboy or something: I was a low-level Patron of BC although I dropped my support long ago, and I am in no way defending him - I think he is incompetent at best, scamming people at worst, and he would never get any more support from me in the future. This entire thing has been a disaster and he bears the blame - but since I stopped giving him money years back I wouldn't expect him to care about my opinion.)
He does listen, as its this platform where most people learn of his game - the fact he hates this platform and he and his luvvies slag us off, just shows how naive and contemptuous he is. Any damn fool who believes a developer/company/vendor shouldn't listen to non-contributors, plainly isn't someone who expects to get more contributors. Moreover, us highlighting the gross deficiencies in his conduct, serves as a stark warning to anyone thinking of contributing, as the patreon page he operates essentially constitutes a lie

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020

That's backwards logic though when you consider typical game development. They literally pay completely random people to give their thoughts on naming schemes they want to use in games to see what comes across best to a wide audience. Some (kind of outdated now I think) pay people (typically companies that then have people) to playtest their games. Nowadays you have may have (assuming it's not a PR move) alpha/beta's given out for free where the entire point is for the developers to gain feedback to make their game better - not a single cent paid by the consumer, yes the developer wants their feedback.

I'd actually say from experience of seeing it happen in many games, if you've paid / are actively paying (subscription) then your feedback is actually worse less because you're telling the developer you will pay anyway. They won't start listening to feedback until a sizable chunk of their paying customers leave because then they have to listen and put in the work to try and get them back.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Bluecat being ignorant doesn't invalidate what we are saying, half of us are former patrons anyway

But seeing as he only cares about money: if more of his current patrons had stopped sending cat pictures and started asking him questions then something might have changed. If they continue to accept the excuses, it will not see another update. They need to ask for accountability

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
It's amazing what can remind you of games that'll never be completed that you've mostly forgotten about. I was making some paninis earlier and 'panini vampire' popped into my head. Then I had to spend like 5 minutes trying to remember where the hell 'panini vampire' came from lol
This post was shared in the discord. The higher ups completely ignored the first sentence and by the 5th comment, deflected away from the post entirely.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
It's amazing what can remind you of games that'll never be completed that you've mostly forgotten about. I was making some paninis earlier and 'panini vampire' popped into my head. Then I had to spend like 5 minutes trying to remember where the hell 'panini vampire' came from lol
Edit: oops, got scooped apparently.

You got on ES discord! :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Anyone else notice Bluecat changed his Patreon goal? Now instead of money per month its five thousand patrons.

Reading the info for the goal is hilarious after seeing how amazing this dev team is. I can't wait to see them try making a movie or triple A game.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Anyone else notice Bluecat changed his Patreon goal? Now instead of money per month its five thousand patrons.

Reading the info for the goal is hilarious after seeing how amazing this dev team is. I can't wait to see them try making a movie or triple A game.
But is it delusional thinking or a shrewd way of effectively promising nothing? :unsure:

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Both. Bluecat is delusional. No one can deny that. Only thinking he does now is full of delusions.
Considering all the failed plans (what plan are we at now? S? T? U?) its a shrewd way to convince morons to give or the current morons to keep giving. A lot of plans in the Patreon goal to make people think this dev is going to do amazing things and give their money to Blue.

So to me it sounds like both.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul and Minx077

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Both. Bluecat is delusional. No one can deny that. Only thinking he does now is full of delusions.
Considering all the failed plans (what plan are we at now? S? T? U?) its a shrewd way to convince morons to give or the current morons to keep giving. A lot of plans in the Patreon goal to make people think this dev is going to do amazing things and give their money to Blue.

So to me it sounds like both.
I see. I wasn't sure if you were being serious, because I can't really process someone being that delusional and capable of shrewd deception.

• Yay, new update!
  • Haha
Reactions: Jeancul and Minx077
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes