Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
The animations in this were way smoother than the animations in the normal game. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in the future days because so far they are really amazing and the main story just feels super lacking now in that department.

Also more Masae content is needed in the main story, her body is out of this world.
Glad to hear the positive feedback!

Did you see the Saki animations near the end of D5? Roughly that is the standard for future animations in the game, maybe something between that and the animations in the Christmas special...

(also good on you for liking Masae!)

Mezo

Jul 23, 2017
Hello

I wonder if in the familly 1 friends there is just a ecchi scene with satsune or the game has some bug ?

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
@Fruity91 it's because of ren'py. you are trying to play a lewd route with rikka, which contains 4 animations in almost 60fps. not a simple movie but made frame by frame as single pictures and fastplay them with the ren'py script. unfortunately, some PC's struggle when it comes to the animation sequences.

just click once and wait, if nothing happens after 10 seconds click again. Not sure how other game devs handle these problems but they closer i hit the 60+ FPS animations, they more performance is necessary
I have played many games with no issues with animations in ren'py. you might wanna do some research on how to better that, because your animations are the only ones I have an issue with when it comes to ren'py. The issue is between your game and ren'py of that I am very sure. personally I just get a performance hit and the game slows down a lot before the animations start. But if others who run it on potatoes can't get past the animations at all, it might be worth looking in to.
anyhow. thanks for the content.

Reactions: Rythan25

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
I absolutely love this game and can't wait to see more of it. Thank you very much for creating this amazing game Mr Bluecat.

Hopefully we may be able to do the job Itsumi offered in a future special

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Am I missing something out of the Family & Friends scene? Is it just Mao and Satsune scenes?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Fruity91 it's because of ren'py. you are trying to play a lewd route with rikka, which contains 4 animations in almost 60fps. not a simple movie but made frame by frame as single pictures and fastplay them with the ren'py script. unfortunately, some PC's struggle when it comes to the animation sequences.

just click once and wait, if nothing happens after 10 seconds click again. Not sure how other game devs handle these problems but they closer i hit the 60+ FPS animations, they more performance is necessary
Honestly, you don't need to make 60 FPS animations. Movies in a theater run at 24 FPS (sometimes 72, but each image shown 3 times). TV in the US runs at 30 FPS. Going up to 60 only helps with slowmo or scenes where a very complicated image changes a lot. Neither of those apply here.

Source:

BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei

Ecchi Sensei
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Honestly, you don't need to make 60 FPS animations. Movies in a theater run at 24 FPS (sometimes 72, but each image shown 3 times). TV in the US runs at 30 FPS. Going up to 60 only helps with slowmo or scenes where a very complicated image changes a lot. Neither of those apply here.

Source:

Thanks for the advice. At Day 5 my plan was to create better animations. the last one with saki was so far my best animation and I also measure this one for future animations. Lewdmas special is full of new animations. Nekoparty for example have a bad loop and the quality is not that good because these animations are movies. all other Lewdmas special animations are single frames. every anim between 50-100 single pictures. Since i never play other games someone told me that harem hotel for example use 20~ pictures for each animation. With the "Lewd Year" special i'll try to reduce to images and hope for no lag.

In any case, I'm still learning and even after a couple of more years i still learn something new and that good, because I'd like to improve my skills and create better and better and better content ^^

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes