• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
The programmer(s) could actually study Python and Ren'py, because it seems like they're just "making it up as they go." Nothing wrong with that in general, but it's just not suited for a project of this scope. The fact the game is on its second merge-rework is pretty good evidence of this.

Given the delay, anything less than a phenomenal code quality improvement in the merge would be inexcusable. If for no other reason than it would largely invalidate one purpose of the merge (a stable codebase going forward). I have only very little insight into development, but none of it gives me reason to be particularly hopeful.
thank you... now unto the real prob... is there any way (not sounding mean or hostile) to get that message to both sides and implement the idea of making the game go smoother and overall faster to the finish line? granted making the game go for 10 years isnt a good way to go about it i agree with whover said that BUT im not going to perch on that either which is why i stay on the fence for supporting the dev.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Day 15 - 21 has me download day 20+21. Is there a different link? Even the compressed looks like it's 20+21.
20+21 (Week 3) contains:
D15
D16
D17
D18
D19
D20
D21

The Patch contains the same folders, and the name is: Day 20+21 - Final

Last edited:

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
No, see the thing is, he has made coutnless promises time and time again said he was still working on this update. Mind you it has been 2 years, TWO since the last update. He has had 2 years to do all this. All we got was a haphazardly thrown together update that wasn't even ran through the MTL hook properly. That's the problem, 2 years got us 2 days. I could do what he gave us in one. The renders are what takes the most time. Not the script. That's the easy part. Working with charastudio or any other studio editor is the problem and even then that's not bad. Everyone's outraged because bluecat has nothing to show for all 2 years of no content that was provided. Then we get something that looks like it was literally thrown together at the last minute. It takes no time at all for a MTL hook to translate an entire book. So basically, everyone's complaining because all we got were 2 days, now what? We take another 2 years to wait till we get another 2 days? People have every right to complain about spending money only to receive a fraction of a fraction of a percent of what was promised. Promised. It's their money that they work hard to earn too. Some of these people even work in retail themselves. It's not double standards, it's not hypocrisy. They deal with verbal abuse too. That's part of the job when you work retail and no amount of workers rights will protect them from that. What you're saying is absurd. There's literally no excuse for what people received when they even themselves pay for this product. It's not a service, it's a product. This product that was received, was not worth the money that was siphoned for the last 2 years. This was not done in good faith, this was to save tail after the game received the abandoned tag because despite what everyone thinks, this site is where most of the backers come from for patreon and subscribestar. This is probably the biggest, and best site to get your game broadcasted if you're an AVN dev, and having the abandoned tag on your work basically deters future backers. Because it shows you either A) Actually abandoned your game, or B) Your work ethic is abysmal and it's not a good idea to back said dev if you expect to receive a proper product for your money.
moeny is the double edge sword in all things that are commerce. remember patreon is and will always be a place of alternative commerce and that wont change unless we get rid of currency all together. it makes things move. granted faster or slower but in fairness can you say that money isnt just a means to an end but the end as well? i say this because thats what ive been seeing most of the time because that is what for most of the time people say is NOT the other way round. sure Dev is slow but if you can say that what about the others? they blame dev and not the others is what ive seen and i think its fallible to just blame dev. artist, coders, and even the PR are a part of this game why not blame them the same way? which is why i also say money isnt an issue its an excuse to make dev look bad on bias not good reason.

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
I'm glad to see the game is back! This is one of my favorites, I was really sad when it went on a silent hiatus all of the sudden. I see people saying that this new update is a bit of a mess, but it will all be ironed out in time I'm sure. I would offer to help grammar check for you guys to fix the script, but I don't know how I would do that to begin with. I mean I could play it with the script (as in the words, not the code), reword poorly constructed sentences, and then send the script back, but I don't know if it would be that easy. I will say I do want to see this game revived.

Gorthon

Mar 16, 2022
do you recommend downloading the whole 16GB :eek: first week or should I just gsuffice with the light compressed (4.5GB) one ?

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

LunarCainEX

Nov 13, 2020
do you recommend downloading the whole 16GB :eek: first week or should I just gsuffice with the light compressed (4.5GB) one ?
Week 1 - Days 1-7 Final
Light Compressed (4.3GB) MEGA
Week 1 - Final
mega.nz

Ok either my Download of the MEGA is broken or both MEGA and DMP is broken because I'm still getting Script Error unless I'm doing something wrong. It all happens when the Phone scene happen.
Atr this point I'm already thinking of using the Chrome Extension for that 16GB.

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Holy underwear Batman..............am I dreaming???? Please tell me I'm not dreaming and there is really a real honest to goodness update!!! :D :love:(y)

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Light Compressed. It's pretty similar to the official Week 2 release. The heavy compressed is noticeably worse. Probably the unofficial "crunched" version too.

Atr this point I'm already thinking of using the Chrome Extension for that 16GB.
Did you rule out the phone-related error that numerous people have reported and others have provided fixes for, and/or use the checksums I provided to confirm your downloads are not corrupt?

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Nice ... after I deleted everything including my savegames. *sights* Will wait for other updates and see how long it will take this time, not gonna play the whole day 1-23 just to wait for a year or more again. cheers

Edit: same goes for my pledge on patreon btw.

I really love this game and I am very happy, that it continues - but there is much trust lost that will have to be regained first. Good luck.
Like you won't love to play it all over again......;)

LunarCainEX

Nov 13, 2020
Light Compressed. It's pretty similar to the official Week 2 release. The heavy compressed is noticeably worse. Probably the unofficial "crunched" version too.

Did you rule out the phone-related error that numerous people have reported and others have provided fixes for, and/or use the checksums I provided to confirm your downloads are not corrupt?
Tbh I've no clue how to Fix the issue :(

Edit: Now its fixed after I reload a save game before the Phone Scene. I can't even replicate the Error. Wtf

Last edited:

mooserock

Jul 14, 2018
Tbh I've no clue how to Fix the issue :(

Edit: Now its fixed after I reload a save game before the Phone Scene. I can't even replicate the Error. Wtf
Same here. Tried to ignore the error, but it seems to be recursive. So I loaded an auto-save just before the error and suddenly no problems.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Everyone's outraged? Go to the discord, where the current supporters actually hang out, and see how much outrage there is.
Have you seen the bugs channel in the server? The last couple of days there have been a lot of upset people in there lol.

And anyway, the latest release was not put forth as being "what was promised." It's a stop-gap. Whatever gets released before the merge will presumably have to be reworked, re-released and replayed once (if) the merge is released.
That's the problem, this is a stopgap and not what was promised over the last 2 years. In the 2 years he could have actually been learning the in and outs of ren'py and actually put out what was promised, instead of waiting 2 years for a translator to translate something and not do it.

No, it's not a product. People like to think and/or hope they're "paying for a product" but they simply aren't. If they're paying for any discrete thing(s), it's the tier rewards. None of which make any promises about release speed or the like.
Patreon is "pay and pray." But people will never learn.
Believe it or not, people are paying for the product, not the benefits. Shit, Bluecat doesn't even have any real patron services or anything, doesn't even offer personalized renders. They're paying for a product to be delivered. Voting on things doesn't do anyone any good, when he's not even putting out the content they're voting on.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Yawn. The number one thing this update did was remind me of the things that bugged me about this game and made me realize how much my taste has moved on from this style of art and the "throw dozens of interchangeable LIs at the player and pretend that counts as any kind of story" approach.

Reactions: fujiko and Parnso

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Believe it or not, people are paying for the product, not the benefits. Shit, Bluecat doesn't even have any real patron services or anything, doesn't even offer personalized renders. They're paying for a product to be delivered. Voting on things doesn't do anyone any good, when he's not even putting out the content they're voting on.
People are ultimately paying because they want the product, sure. My point is that the reality of the interaction is nothing like a standard purchase of goods. It's more like an investment: the desired return is the product but a possible (if not probable) return is nothing at all.

And even if that wasn't the case of Patreon in general, BC has made it clear that if supporters don't like how things are going they should stop supporting. Long-term supporters seem to understand and accept that they don't have much influence over development.

I can't really speak to the voting. I know of some complaints that seem legitimate - reluctance to do MTL despite broad support, which features would be included in the merge - but I don't know the full details.

Last edited:
Reactions: 246 and hcguy

xtheif666x

Oct 25, 2017
How is he going to label this the Final version when he hasn't even done a public test? I can't even change names without getting an error screen.
I was able to use a Renpy save editor,
You are looking for the fields "MCM" to change Main characters name from Matsu to w/e you want, D1 to change "Mao" name, D2 for Saki, D3 Himiko, D4 Yuki.

May 15, 2022
Ok people. For everyone saying stuff like "he worked on this for 2 years and we only get 2 days? Wow", he did NOT work on it for 2 years. Just look at this from Bluecats mouth. https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-day-22-23-final-bluecat.14927/page-692#post-4846533

If you read it, Bluecat says that days 22-23 are DONE except translating. January 2nd 2021, the days are done. The last content update before this one was June 2020. The special was released in October 2020. So more likely you are looking at 2 months of work. Which was the normal time of work for 2 in game days. What really happened is that Bluecat worked on it for 2 months then did NOTHING until March-April 2022.

So if you are saying 2 years of work, you are not correct. Its actually 2 months of work. The rest of the time he spent sitting back, collecting money while waiting and praying that Latecomer, his amazing god-like coder, would finish the merge.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes