jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
How is this not on hold, at least? Really needs to just be marked abandoned. I don't care if every 3 months the developer posts an excuse on Patreon, no actual game update in this long should merit being marked abandoned.
A donor and a Game Dev you should know how on hold works

Abandoned happens if no word from dev on official sites for a certain time
Or if no new content in 18 months

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
A donor and a Game Dev you should know how on hold works

Abandoned happens if no word from dev on official sites for a certain time
Or if no new content in 18 months
Yep and I also know the mods will sometimes just slap one or another onto a game regardless. This game is going to be marked abandoned in two months according to the 18 months "rule".

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Yep and I also know the mods will sometimes just slap one or another onto a game regardless. This game is going to be marked abandoned in two months according to the 18 months "rule".
Wot? It just got an update, and that's why the abandoned tag was removed. It was on here for a while. I think you are a bit late to the party. :unsure:
Granted the update was crap. Pretty much a bunch of stuff they have been sitting on for a few years, but it was an update, nonetheless. Now the timer gets reset and BC can go back to happy milking for another year or so. ;)

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't even remember most of what happens in this game, it has been so long since I've played it. I am waiting to see what happens first. The merge that was promised or this game getting abandoned. The number of patrons increased a little bit when he released the last update. But unless he starts releasing frequent updates he will just lose them again.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
A dev who completely ruined his own game that was going great. Has been passed up by easily 2 dozen other games since this hiatus started.

Anyone still supporting it is a moron.
True. It will be very hard for BC to regain the support he once had. He has a very bad reputation now, after the long hiatus and failing to fulfill his promises. And also the game just looks very outdated visually. It's really hard to compete with some of the new stuff coming out.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul
May 15, 2022
True. It will be very hard for BC to regain the support he once had. He has a very bad reputation now, after the long hiatus and failing to fulfill his promises. And also the game just looks very outdated visually. It's really hard to compete with some of the new stuff coming out.
He is slowly losing patrons. Each month when it goes up again less people are re-subbing. I checked his subscribestar 5 months ago. It was 35. Now its 36. 5 months and gained only 1 person. Not good. Bluecat will never get to move to Japan.

In the 2 years that the merge was being "worked' on, I've played dozens of games that surpass this by light years in writing and in quality. I'll admit it, I played the life support update that was released in July. Downloaded it as soon as it was here. 20 minutes in and I was holding ctrl. It was booooooring. So many other games, way better than this, made me realize that this game was good in 2018-2020, but now its graphics and writing are just terrible.

Blue is now stuck. He has a game with bad writing, bad visuals, and is going up against far superior games. His only choices are to continue developing or just abandon it. Go back and read the Patreon posts that were posted here. Its clear that Bluecat has lost interest in this game and is now trying, and failing, to slog through it to put something out. He can't abandon it since that would mean losing the patrons and the money. Granted its only about 2K per month but thats still 2K for not doing anything.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
He is slowly losing patrons. Each month when it goes up again less people are re-subbing. I checked his subscribestar 5 months ago. It was 35. Now its 36. 5 months and gained only 1 person. Not good. Bluecat will never get to move to Japan.

In the 2 years that the merge was being "worked' on, I've played dozens of games that surpass this by light years in writing and in quality. I'll admit it, I played the life support update that was released in July. Downloaded it as soon as it was here. 20 minutes in and I was holding ctrl. It was booooooring. So many other games, way better than this, made me realize that this game was good in 2018-2020, but now its graphics and writing are just terrible.

Blue is now stuck. He has a game with bad writing, bad visuals, and is going up against far superior games. His only choices are to continue developing or just abandon it. Go back and read the Patreon posts that were posted here. Its clear that Bluecat has lost interest in this game and is now trying, and failing, to slog through it to put something out. He can't abandon it since that would mean losing the patrons and the money. Granted its only about 2K per month but thats still 2K for not doing anything.
I don't think the writing is that bad, but maybe that is because I haven't played it in 2 years. But yeah the future of this game doesn't look very bright. I mean this game has been in development for 4 years and half of that time was spent on working on something that ended up not being delivered. The only way this game has a chance to survive is if the dev starts releasing frequent updates. But I don't see that happening considering the fact that BC's last post on patreon was in July. If he isn't posting anything there, the reason most likely is that he hasn't been doing anything and has nothing to show.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Iumak00 and Jeancul
May 15, 2022
Looks like the mods are playing favorites again. Reported this 2 days ago for being abandoned per the 3 month silence rule. Its funny how some games go 5 minutes over the 3 months line and get slapped with abandoned or others go years without updating yet they stay unmarked.

Reactions: darkjam93

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
Looks like the mods are playing favorites again. Reported this 2 days ago for being abandoned per the 3 month silence rule. Its funny how some games go 5 minutes over the 3 months line and get slapped with abandoned or others go years without updating yet they stay unmarked.
No offense, but you do realise I hope that his last post was on 14 July? So its still 12 days for the 3 month rule.
Completely agree that this game is over and probably won't come back too, but fair is fair.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
No offense, but you do realise I hope that his last post was on 14 July? So its still 12 days for the 3 month rule.
Completely agree that this game is over and probably won't come back too, but fair is fair.
bluecat no longer deserves that benefit, it took the mods almost 2 years to slap the tag on this game when it was clear that bluecat was doing nothing.

May 15, 2022
I meant the general 3 months, not the exact day 3 months. No offense taken.

Did you read the July post? Here is a little excerpt from that post:
Since I took the helm myself for Month 1, there will hopefully be a playtester version by the end of July.

If it doesn't work out with July, then there will be the next update in the first or second week of August and after that, definitely Month 1.

If it doesn't work with July the next update first or second week of August. Have you checked your calendar recently? Then, he posts on Discord in September that there will be an update post soon and September will be a good month. Was it a good month for you?

The way I see it. The general 3 months or 3 months down to the exact day, it doesn't matter. This should be marked as abandoned.

jodike

Oct 14, 2017

Since I took the helm myself for Month 1, there will hopefully be a playtester version by the end of July.

If it doesn't work out with July, then there will be the next update in the first or second week of August and after that, definitely Month 1.

If it doesn't work with July the next update first or second week of August. Have you checked your calendar recently? Then, he posts on Discord in September that there will be an update post soon and September will be a good month. Was it a good month for you?

The way I see it. The general 3 months or 3 months down to the exact day, it doesn't matter. This should be marked as abandoned.
And that is why imo bluecat no longer deserves the benefit of doubt, since he has time and time again gave deadlines and then delivered nothing.
The only thing he delivered in 2+ years was day 22-23 which seems to be 2 weeks at work at the very most.
This should get its own tag for being a milking scheme

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020

It's continually amazing how he puts out plans and every single one of them falls through. Almost like, his not working on it.

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
It's continually amazing how he puts out plans and every single one of them falls through. Almost like, his not working on it.
it is very clear he is not working on anything, it took him 2 years and the abandoned tag slapped onto his game before he released day 22-23 which at most is 2 weeks worth of work probably even less.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
technically even less... day 22-23 graphics were "in the can" two years ago before the"merge" started he dusted them off and threw code at them when the abandoned tag hit. (if you read back in the chat before the vote for "merge" went through he had stated such that graphics for next 2 days are already prepared)

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
I have a few questions about this game, is each week meant to be played separately or do you dl each week and over write the older week with the new weeks/updates?

Also is there a way to dl this game all at once and not have to dl each part without having to wait for hours on end just to dl one full week in one dl?

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes