May 15, 2022
I don't give them money because they post a bunch of blueball updates, get my hopes up, then abandon the moment I send so much as a single dollar in their direction.
Did you by chance throw money at Sylphine, WVM, or Offcuts? If so, I'd like to have a word with you in this dark alley over here.

Most games/devs that get on this site do NOT deliver and then many of the ones that DO deliver, fuck off the moment the money hits a certain level because that's all they wanted.
Developer of Unleashed and the developer of Sylphine spring to mind immediately when I read that.

Unleashed developer made a few hundred per month and the updates were consistent. Once he hit around 900 per month, every single release date was delayed at the minimum 6 times and a year past the original release date. Never stopped the per month payments. He keeps making release dates but still has not kept one. Think we are now up to 7. Wanna see how long this can go.

The developer of Sylphine has had a different medical excuse each and every month for almost 2 years. Never stopped those payments. Before the money got to where he wanted it the updates were pretty consistent. He doesn't even give release dates. He just gives a medical problem at the beginning of each month then fucks off until the next month.

Bluecat tried to do it but I guess his supporters were wiser. Seeing how most have fled. Guess those former supporters found something better, like almost anything else.

They think they'll milk cash forever, and it'll disappear if they finish their games except that's not how it works.
That is true. Since I've been here since 2017, not my main account, I've seen lots of developers worry about finishing their game and having their patrons jump ship so they either make a second game to draw in more people and make the first game take longer, or they draw out the game with needless and filler updates until it becomes so boring that people jump ship anyway.

10+ dollars per MONTH for an unfinished game that will take over a year to complete. Yeah, no. I can get completed games for 10 or 20 bucks.
I bought The Witcher 3 complete edition on Ps4 in 2021 for $9.99. I spent close to 200 hours in it and still had not finished the game. Why the fuck would someone pay 10 per month for 2 years for 1 update that lasted maybe an hour?

If you have spent hundreds without getting anything, you are no longer supporting the development of the game, you are supporting the developer so he can pay his bills for all the stuff he bought with your money.

So why should individual people be expected to keep shelling out monthly after they already stuck five, ten, twenty bucks in the cookie jar when it's not even done all the way?
The people that keep supporting Bluecat are not doing it because Bluecat gives out great updates or because of his hilarious posts on discord about banning people that call him out on his bullshit. Its simple for why they stay. Sunk-cost fallacy. They have sunk hundreds into it and now they think that they have to see it through to the end. The best example of sunk-cost is you buy a movie ticket, go sit down, about 30 minutes into the movie you see that it sucks, but you payed for the ticket so you might as well stay.

That is why people are still paying. They've payed this much they might as well stay till the end of the movie.

May 15, 2022
Who knows guys, maybe this dev will go the way of of Naykid (develops now Lustful Instincts, formerly Primal Desires) and decides to remake the game under new graphics (apparently not the first time Naykid has done this?) and we'll get that before we ever get an official merge.
Maybe Bluecat will do what Glacerose, the developer of Sylphine, did to his game. Remake it. Release 1 update. Then remake the remake. Release 1 update. Then remake the remake of a remake. Release 1 update. Then remake the remake of the remaked remake. Release 1 update. Decide to remake it in Daz. Never release anything. Spend 2 years milking.

Try saying all those remakes 5 times fast.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
I'm looking forward to this game too, even with all the bad omens going around on it - at least it has a higher chance of being real, hopefully being a good game and actually gets released unlike the merge for this game.
Guess we find out in November I was looking forward to it oh well looks like Skummy Ecchi doing good at he new job

LOD6

Oct 7, 2018
I first started this game when it first came out, but then backed off when "week 1" was taking a stupidly long time. It was everything already released in one file, bit more compressed, with few minor updates. was no reason it should have taken like 6-8 months or whatever it was. I remember the idea of the game originally being it was supposed to take 1 year in game, but the size of updates for 1 day made it clear this could never be the case. blue cat was overzealous with that plan to start with and should have just planned a full game around a shorter scale. For instance a couple events a day, then a few days skipped in between. Not have about 8 different full story events taking place in a single day at a time.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I first started this game when it first came out, but then backed off when "week 1" was taking a stupidly long time. It was everything already released in one file, bit more compressed, with few minor updates. was no reason it should have taken like 6-8 months or whatever it was. I remember the idea of the game originally being it was supposed to take 1 year in game, but the size of updates for 1 day made it clear this could never be the case. blue cat was overzealous with that plan to start with and should have just planned a full game around a shorter scale. For instance a couple events a day, then a few days skipped in between. Not have about 8 different full story events taking place in a single day at a time.
Only the beginning was planed that way for about the first 2 months then it was going to be several days to a couple of weeks between scenes.
The major problem was the coding that broke everything and for some reason or another no one can get it fixed.

Using Ren'PY can allow saves to be used from 1 part to another and have been done that way in several games on here.
There was never a need to have everything in 1 download but that was how BC wanted it.

This game can still be salvage if done in a better way on coding and splinting it apart into chapters.

ratinge1

May 23, 2021
Maybe Bluecat will do what Glacerose, the developer of Sylphine, did to his game. Remake it. Release 1 update. Then remake the remake. Release 1 update. Then remake the remake of a remake. Release 1 update. Then remake the remake of the remaked remake. Release 1 update. Decide to remake it in Daz. Never release anything. Spend 2 years milking.

Try saying all those remakes 5 times fast.
i completely forgot about sylphine. checked it out after seeing your comment. maybe this is just my bad memory but didnt it look better before? i can tell from whatever remake version the screenshots are from that its some newer engine but i feel like the characters still just looked better before

May 15, 2022
i completely forgot about sylphine. checked it out after seeing your comment. maybe this is just my bad memory but didnt it look better before? i can tell from whatever remake version the screenshots are from that its some newer engine but i feel like the characters still just looked better before
The characters were perfect, in my opinion, when he remade it in daz. When he decided to remake it for the 4th time he changed the characters and ruined them, once again my opinion.

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
The major problem was the coding that broke everything and for some reason or another no one can get it fixed.
In those 6-8 months for the Week 1 merge and now over 2 years now one could have redone the whole game several times. There is no excuse why they can't fix the problems. They even left out features to deliver faster without any change.

This game can still be salvage if done in a better way on coding and splinting it apart into chapters.
It's not about can, it could have been salvaged from the beginning, but they're clearly not working on it.

jerrymays

Apr 15, 2022
IMG_20230204_193721.jpg
Imagine if BC just focused on the main chars, forget the rest, save the game by giving Matsu and his main students a field trip to German museum or whatever it is related to an airplane travel, then airplane malfunctioned, stranded on a desert island with his main students and family.
A great harem ending indeed.

May 15, 2022
Think I'll get banned?
Capture3..2...1...Banned.PNG

Guess Bluecats new years resolution was to be nicer and not ban people just because they called him a poopyhead. He responded with this.

I honestly don't give a fuck anymore. If you guys have any questions for Bluecat I'll ask them for you. Doubt you get an answer or I stay unbanned, but we'll see.

Last edited:

MLGKwikSkop

Dec 21, 2020
Think I'll get banned?
View attachment 2365419

Guess Bluecats new years resolution was to be nicer and not ban people just because they called him a poopyhead. He responded with this.

I honestly don't give a fuck anymore. If you guys have any questions for Bluecat I'll ask them for you. Doubt you get an answer or I stay unbanned, but we'll see.
My dude opened a text file without changing anything and showed it off like he was doing something lmfao.

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
I really wonder what his goal there was. As mentioned, there's no change in that file. just opening a random file without changes is not good enough to make it seem like you are working.
When refactoring code I have changes in the hundreds to thousands per commit stretched over multiple files.
If he'd show a git history with lots of changes for the past few weeks, then I might believe they are actually working on something.

Reactions: Sketch12345
May 15, 2022
I really wonder what his goal there was. As mentioned, there's no change in that file. just opening a random file without changes is not good enough to make it seem like you are working.
When refactoring code I have changes in the hundreds to thousands per commit stretched over multiple files.
If he'd show a git history with lots of changes for the past few weeks, then I might believe they are actually working on something.
You seem more knowledgeable than me (which isn't hard when I have the I.Q. of a houseplant) so maybe you should go to the Discord and ask him to show the git history seeing how he seems to be more active with people instead of banning them.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Think I'll get banned?
View attachment 2365419

Well I can confirm that code is actually a little different than the week 1 merge, and that change is that they found a way to do patch-only stuff on the same line as an option. Probably save them like a hundred or so lines over the course of the whole project? so it seems kinda pointless, like the previous system worked fine and I can't imagine why they would need to change it. Perhaps he could expand on exactly why it needed that change or is just change for change's sake under a new leader?

I'm more concerned he would open day 4 to show off.. like.. that's not really inspiring. As someone that has looked through some of their days script recently there is A LOT of text to go through which would be mind-numbingly boring and drive you insane.

How do I know? Cause my boredem led to trying (and failing, restarting, and succeeding) this game stuff into UE5 using a premade visual novel framework. There really isn't that many good options for this I found out lol, maybe this paid one would be good but screw that for messing around. Fumbled my way through it, modified to suit how I needed it to be which then led me onto the script...

Yeah, there was no way I was gonna go line by line for that, ended up writing up a script to convert it to what I would need it to be like to save myself as much manual work as possible. I'd say my biggest 'hurdle' would now be making the phone, card system, further modifications to this framework thing, etc. Put it on pause for the time being, maybe I'll come back and finish it at some point who knows but for the time being I've lost interest.

Bluecat should just do his job, or rather, should've already done his job. Also if he does, I really hope he changes his games UI cause I've never hated it more than I do now after looking at it properly.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes