Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Trash them and replace them.
Everything you said here is 100% true. However, it really doesn't work like that, where another dev could just step in. There are a few examples where the dev of a VN either dies or gives up and passed his game to someone else, and it never works. The new person is just never as invested in the original game to do much with it. Look at Lexi or Oath of Loyalty as an example. I can't think of a single case where the primary dev (or pretend dev in Bluecat's case), gave his game to someone else and it continued without being quickly abandoned.

If Bluecat himself is not invested more then making the occasional snarky comment about how normal time doesn't apply to cats, there is no way some replacement dev will care either. They will be happy to collect the 1000s a month Bluecat is still getting (unbelievably to me), but they won't continue with the story either. It will just be a different person keeping silent for 2.5 months at a time, and making BS excuses why a non-rendering, non-branching, stock Renpy interface, no real story game like ES is too complicated to release.

It's not like Ecchi Sensei is unique among games here, so another dev would be driven to continue because it is one of a kind. How many school-based games with mostly Asian characters are there? I can think of at least 10 off the top of my head.

Any competent dev would want to avoid this shit-show and use his time to make his own game.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Everything you said here is 100% true. However, it really doesn't work like that, where another dev could just step in. There are a few examples where the dev of a VN either dies or gives up and passed his game to someone else, and it never works. The new person is just never as invested in the original game to do much with it. Look at Lexi or Oath of Loyalty as an example. I can't think of a single case where the primary dev (or pretend dev in Bluecat's case), gave his game to someone else and it continued without being quickly abandoned.
There is actually one case I know of where this worked relatively well. For Jack-o-nine-tails (though I don't know the history of why it's being developed this way), it is now an open source game that any dev can work on as they see fit. Based on this, I'd say for this to succeed if BC abandons it it would need to be turned open source rather than being passed onto a singlular dev. Given the following this game still has it might actually work if that happened.

_Red_Dragon_

May 31, 2020
Downloading this RN... not in the FAQ, the patch is a bit weird. Do I need to download each individual Day X (full) and apply each of them to the game for the full patch, or do I just download the latest version and it has it all?

Thanks in advance

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
Downloading this RN... not in the FAQ, the patch is a bit weird. Do I need to download each individual Day X (full) and apply each of them to the game for the full patch, or do I just download the latest version and it has it all?

Thanks in advance
patches are for specific versions since it adds images ect, week 1, day 8-14, 15-21 ect ect just open up the older versions tab in the download page to find them

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020

Hello humans!
Good news!
After a "small" delay, it finally goes on again with Ecchi Sensei!
Not as hoped with Month 1, but with the following update. Day 22+23!

I don't want to cry your ears off about how crappy everything went lately and how frustrating it was not to be able to provide you with regular updates, but that's history now. Things will be better from now on, because thanks to the machine translation software, I'm no longer dependent on other people and can set my own pace.

However, I would like to say this...
Yes, it took a long time and yes, it was a difficult time for you. Many believed that the journey was over and the game would no longer continue, but I'm glad to be able to convince all the doubters of the opposite now.
My deepest thanks go to all those of you who have continuously supported me financially, but also emotionally. You are the true core of the community and without this support I would have really given up, as it often looked very bleak and it cost me a lot of strength to realize the "Plan C".
Thank you very much! I hope I can count on you also in the future. *Nya*

Nevertheless, this also means that I will have to reschedule with Month 1 and possibly remove some already established and working ingame features.
But you'll see that when the time comes.
I hope the next update is indeed Month 1, but if the work on it takes too long, I'll release Day 24-26 instead and then Month 1.

Anyway, I don't want to text you guys for too long, but what needs to be said is this:
Since it was never planned for Day 22+23 to be released before Month 1, there is no new foundation yet that would run stable with Month 1. This means that currently the Week 1 foundation is still used and this leads to some problems, which is why I had to disable features like "Ecchi Sensei Charinfo" and "Ecchi Calendar" for this update. Furthermore, and here we come to a really big problem, is the implementation of "Ecchi Smartphone 3.0".
As I said, the game is still running with Week 1 foundation and the Ecchi Smartphone 3.0 is however designed for Month 1.
This puts you in an awkward position, because you now have to decide which way you want to go:
Option 1.) You load your save games with all the decisions you made before and receive error messages whenever you write or receive a message via the smartphone.
Option 2.) You click on "Play" without loading a savegame before, then the Ecchi Smartphone 3.0 works perfectly, but all decision variables are set to default. This means, for example, if you decided not to tutor the cute Catgirl, you will still see the scene where you tutor Miyu privately.

A big sorry from my side, but the alternative would have been that you would have to wait even longer for an update and I didn't want to do that to you.
The machine translation is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and you're bound to find one or two inconsistencies there as well. In you can report errors and typos.

There will be no changelog this time, because it would take hours to document all the changes. With Month 1 comes a big one.

Okay, so that's it from me.
I wish you a lot of fun with the update and tell your whole family that Ecchi Sensei is back!

Oh, before I forget... the "Most liked characters" poll will be up within 48 hours. I'm already curious about the results ^^

So long,
Blue

Last edited:

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Yes, it took a long time and yes, it was a difficult time for you. Many believed that the journey was over and the game would no longer continue, but I'm glad to be able to convince all the doubters of the opposite now.
I still have doubts and this proves what we initially suspected that BlueCat might release an update to shut people up. We'll know for sure if we get a couple more updates that he is genuine, but as of now, this means absolutely nothing.

Plus that line at the end sounds like something a cult leader would say feeding his followers hot air.

Last edited:

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
The best idea would be to remove all the superfluous features that nobody really needs and add them back in if and when the project is complete. Will def need to see a minimum of 3 update releases on a consistent schedule before I start feeling any form of faith for it though, but I like the game enough that I'm willing to get back on board if that's followed through on.

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
have to say i am glad that things are looking upwards now. i kinda lost all hope.
if BC reads this (though i doubt it):
you don´t need fancy features especiallly if they are that much of a problem. i mean i can even live with now month 1 & just have it divided by weeks. keep up the good work as i pray it will revert to the way it was before

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes